The potential for Rockman X DiVE to influence Smash

Lord_Brand

So, last year, Taiwan saw the release of Rockman X DiVE, a neat little gacha platformer game that lets you play different characters from the Mega Man X series as well as guest stars from Classic, Zero, ZX, Legends, and Battle Network, all of whom are capable of equipping weapons in any of five categories: Buster, Melee, Machine Gun, Sprayer, and Cannon. As an avid Mega Man fan, I am ecstatic to try this game out myself, particularly because many of my personal favorites are among the playable lineup including Alia, Layer, Leviathan, and none other than Iris, the queen of all Mega Man waifus (feel free to fite me online when DiVE comes stateside).

The fact that someone as peaceful as Iris gets to tote gatling guns and sabers in DiVE makes me wonder: Could DiVE influence Super Smash Bros. by way of providing material for future playable MMX fighters? Like, could Iris, given her popularity, one day join Smash's venerable roster, adorably laying waste to foes with Floating Mines, Peaceful Wish, and an arsenal of weaponry? I won't lie: I would love to see most of DiVE's playable roster make it into Smash one day, and then some.

And SSBU currently has one specific piece of content from a gacha game: A remixed theme from Fire Emblem Heroes. So, the gacha genre has one very small foot in Smash's door already. Heck, DiVE itself actually plays a lot like Smash, thanks to its pvp capacity and sidescrolling format. And I could see Nintendo putting out a Smash gacha game for mobile, with different fighters, skins, and Spirits as gacha prizes. I know the very idea may make a lot of you wretch and seethe with contempt, but like it or not, the gacha genre is popular and successful, and a series as popular and content-rich as Smash would fit gacha like a glove.

But I digress. The main subject of this topic is: would you like to see anything from Rockman X DiVE get into Smash, either in SSBU or a future installment?