Should I use my second Heart Seal on Jakob or Mozu?

MagicalAlbino

So, I just beat Chapter 9 of Conquest Normal, and I've heard Chapter 10 is a real doozy. I only have one Heart Seal and two good choices to use it. On the one hand, reclassing Jakob to Paladin will make fighting Takumi easier, but on the other hand, making Mozu an Archer will make dealing with the enemy Sky Knights a lot easier and help provide extra chip damage with the ballista. So, who should get it? Jakob, Mozu, or someone else entirely? For a bit more context, this is my current party:

Ryan (Level 1 Wyvern Lord; +Speed/-Luck)

Jakob (Level 8 Butler)

Elise (Level 8 Troubadour)

Silas (Level 11 Cavalier)

Arthur (Level 8 Fighter)

Effie (Level 10 Armour Knight)

Odin (Level 8 Dark Mage)

Niles (Level 9 Outlaw)

Azura (Level 12 Songstress)

Nyx (Level 9 Dark Mage)

Mozu (Level 7 Dread Fighter)

Haitaka (Level 10 Spear Fighter)

Edited by MagicalAlbino
my team changed slightly

Jakob. It’s too late to make Mozu a bow unit if you just want to take out the sky knights, an at level Mozu with a bronze bow just isn’t gonna be powerful enough without being strength blessed*. Jakob, meanwhile, is servant 1 and is kinda hard to make bad. Heart sealing him to great knight can give him lots of mobility (that’s nice in this chapter because there are a lot of clutch moments), tankiness, and offensive prowess. I would definitely say Jakob.

*It might be doable on normal mode, I only really have memories of Conquest hard. I wouldn’t take the risk though. You will get a unit who’s name I’m putting in spoilers in case you’re unfamiliar with the game and don’t want to be spoiled

Spoiler

It’s Camilla

they’ll be the one with the highest stats of the units you get, and they will basically be your dedicated sky knight killer, though they’ll need some help from other units to stop the defended area from getting overwhelmed by sky knights, usually whoever you have holding the middle. Jakob could also help with that as well.

Last thing to note, you have Mozu as a dread fighter, which is already possibly the best class. Even with her (presumably) lower weapon ranks as a low level dread fighter, she should be able to hold her own and then some. Good luck!

If your Mozu is already a dread fighter, she doesn't need it, so use it on Silas. If you want some less optimal, but fun alternatives, Wyvern Elise is interesting (although getting her axe rank up is a pain in the but), and Samurai Odin kinda works (actually just going into samurai to grab vantage so you can class change back into a mage for Nosferatu-Vantage combo is fun, although a bit costly on the resources...)

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

an at level Mozu with a bronze bow just isn’t gonna be powerful enough without being strength blessed*. 

If you forge a bronze bow, she has a much better shot at OHKOing the sky knights, and even better odds if she has someone in attack stance. But yeah, I do agree. If you've already burned a dread scroll on her, no reason to waste it. I personally like Wyvern Rider Elise, but Paladin Jakob is very easy to use early game

If you haven't started yet, I recommend getting the nosferatu tome for Odin. There's a ton of axe fighters in the map that he can tank very easily with nosferatu, it helps a lot

Edited by Mousefire

Im gonna go with jakob if you already have mozu as a dread fighter. Also, since you are playing on normal you really don't need as many bow units as you think. Silas with his personal skills can actually reach thresholds to one-shot the sky nights, or you could use attack stance they really are frail.