New Heroes: Seeds of Fodlan

NSSKG151

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rejoice IS finally learned not to make a 3H banner that doesn't have two girls or all lords

I'm okay with all of the characters that they picked, but I think I'm still gonna skip. Kind of want other things more than this. Although ... all of these four are pretty popular, so it feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity to not sneak someone less popular like Ignatz or Raphael in this banner.

Dang, you're fast, I was refreshing twitter and this forum topic, and you still beat me to it. 

Congrats to everyone who bet on this / wanted these dears!  It seems like they did another Lystheia timing (what with Marianne).

Part of me thought they would have the next Three Houses banner in April but I guess they are doing it this month instead. Maybe next month will be Echoes or Fates. Don't really want or need anyone besides Ingrid maybe but I will most likely skip here. I would rather have orbs for the AHR and Spurn banners later this month.

Also, Solon is the GHB unit. Get ready for another gimmicky red tome unit.

Edited by NSSKG151

lmao Solon is probably the least appealing character I've seen added to Heroes.  Congrats to whoever got him to 45 votes in CYL5.  

I think I would roll if Dedue was the 4* focus, but I don't mind Linhardt character-wise even if he's just making the colourless pool worse for me.  I haven't played enough of 3H to be able to expect any single character but I'd like Raphael to be the first gauntlet user at some point...

Edited by Sayyyaka

It's time! Blue Tome Infantry is fine at least she doesn't compete with some of my recent additions with Selena and Valentine's Veronica, and we have Valentine's Silque as a blue-haired Cavalry Healer already. My orbs are completely depleted this month, I might have to farm a bit too.

IS really doesn't want to use the remaining Echoes characters, eh? 

Anyways, more 3H students. Not too fazed about this banner but let's check it out anyways. 

So Ingrid's Prf is like the refined Giga Excalibur+++, it has the same Spd based true dmg, it grants extra Spd, has a conditional Firesweep effect and Slaying. It's a loaded weapon and really strong, guess this makes Ingrid one of the prime Lunge users for AR-D if one cares about that. Fodder is incredible, too. 9/10

Dedue is the token "More fodder than unit" of the banner. Expect High Atk/Def alongside his huge HP but garbo Spd and middling Res. The new inheritable Axe is real nice for AR-O with the penalty negation, and Dedue's skillset is really optimized for Def tanks. Not much to complain about outside of him never reaching B!Edelgard tier. 6/10

Linhardt's weapon says it all. Garbage to clutter the colorless pool. 1/10

And the star of the banner, Marianne. If you ask me, she isn't as great as it seems at first glance. Her Prf grants her extra Atk and bulk, but as a mage she's certainly going to be fragile in the Def department. Then she gets healing per hit and guaranteed follow ups if she's close to a Horse (nice reference to Dorte). This tells me she's going to be kinda slow, which isn't that far of from her growths in 3H. Fodder is middling, the Lull is great but the Duel skill is blegh and Joint Drive Res is one of the most niche Joint Drive skills. Also, those skills point to her being slow, and in a world where NFU is getting more and more common that's a bad thing. 6.5/10

Nice banner. Dunno how much I'll spend on it but I do want Marianne.

This leaves the following (playable) 3H units which are not in FEH in any form:

- Caspar
- Ignatz
- Ashe
- Leonie
- Manuela
- Hanneman
- Alois
- Jeralt
- Gilbert
- Cyril

So they could technically finish them all up with two Banners + Freebies.

Huh. Going to have to think about whether I want to go through with pulling red on the Valentine's banner or make sure I have orbs saved for Dedue. Didn't think I'd get tempted by anything short of a mythic, but he's a significant character and has a Save skill. Although I'd still rather go for Henriette right now, especially with her being seasonal. Dedue could be easy enough to get later, especially if this gets rerun... which it probably will, it's going to be competing with Jugdral. So that makes for not much pressure to prioritize this one now.

Linhardt is also a nice addition, although his skill set is embarrassing and I don't like his hair. Still, I'm glad that I'll be able to pick him up without going out of my way. Hopefully he'll get a more interesting alt sometime, too.

Curious what Solon will do.

Interestingly, this means that if we count Marianne's upcoming brave alt, the only female 3H student currently in Heroes who only has one version rather than two or more is Annette.

Linhardt!? Oh my Sothis! We are getting Linhardt--My Black Eagles husbanado! This is not a drill! Shut up Alexmender. I am pulling for 5* Linhardt anyway! If it's anything like Azelle, this is destiny! Still waiting very patiently for Ashe boi. OMG. I would have lost my mind and all my Orbs if they both appeared in the same banner.

P.S. Please keep releasing the banner trailers early. I like this.

12 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

lmao Solon is probably the least appealing character I've seen added to Heroes.  Congrats to whoever got him to 45 votes in CYL5.  

Better than Veld at least

Or maybe not, because more people have clearly heard of Solon than they have of Veld. Either way lol

Ohhh fuck I just realized. With Marianne AND Ingrid being blue this backlogs the Legendary banners on blue even more. Marianne could've just had Blutgang here, IS.

Edited by Sunwoo

Marianne is finally coming, and I'm happy to see they didn't go with the healer route or the sword route. I feel that her sword should be saved for her timeskip version. It's nice to finally see Dedue, and non-seasonal Ingrid. I'm actually kinda surprised Linhardt isn't a green tome unit.

I'm very happy to see Marianne, but I have to start saving more orbs. I'll use my free summons and that's it.

Another 3H banner without Ashe... Ok then.

It's a skip, for sure... Since Claude took my orbs. But my tickets will go to blue. I hope aí can get B Duel Infantry 4 for Nowi.

Now... The most important thing... Will 3H Forging Bonds be bad again?

Great, another infantry healer with nothing really new. Couldn't they given him Trilemma so we can at least have it in the 3* to 4* pool? It's not even good or asking for too much compared to Flash or Melancholy.

I guess Ingrid will be my guaranteed 5* summon. Unless I'm forgetting someone, she's the second melee unit with a Firesweep effect after Roderick who was given a prf Firesweep Lance. A bit of a shame that she shares a weapon and movement type as him, but whatever. Luin having a Killer effect and a Firesweep effect makes me think Ingrid could be a good Galeforce lance cavalry. Still sucks that Flashing Blade can't be used be cavalry or fliers because otherwise, it would have worked well with Luin. She hopefully will have decent enough attack for Heavy Blade as a seal and to avoid killing or to make it easier to pass the attack check, Lull Atk/Spd would be good on her. A shame that two sources of Lull Atk/Spd also have Atk/Spd Solo, Alm & Celica are a duo hero, Julian has Close Foil, and Shinon has Deadeye and Time's Pulse.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interestingly, this means that if we count Marianne's upcoming brave alt, the only female 3H student currently in Heroes who only has one version rather than two or more is Annette.

I think there is only one version of Mercedes and Petra in Heroes at the moment as well.

On 2/15/2021 at 10:18 AM, Tybrosion said:

Nope, I’m not taking the Valentia bait and predicting it again this time which naturally means it will be Valentia this time. At this point, it’s likely being saved for the Book V midpoint banner.

Instead, I’ll go with Three Houses featuring Marianne’s debut.

Wait, I actually guessed right? Do I get a prize?

But holy shit, I did not need them to add regular Ingrid now. Considering my piss poor restraint, this will probably be the death blow to the legendary F!Corrin spark dream (unless I get lucky, but I highly doubt I will given that I had to spark to get Erinys).

8 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I think there is only one version of Mercedes and Petra in Heroes at the moment as well.

Huh. I kept thinking through the list of 3H units in Heroes and completely forgot either of them existed, lol.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh. I kept thinking through the list of 3H units in Heroes and completely forgot either of them existed, lol.

It's been over a year and a half since they were both added and neither of them are really that unique in Heroes (demoted staff unit and people didn't really seemed too interested in a flying dagger with a beast effective prf) so I'm not that surprised they are forgotten about. But considering they are female characters from TH I don't think it will take that much longer for IS to decide to make an alt for Petra, Annette and Mercedes.

Edited by NSSKG151

Ingrid and Marianne seems like the best guaranteed picks. If I do not get either of them within 40 summons, I think I lean towards Marianne as the guaranteed pick since my Three Houses roster lacks a blue mage, and Fury should be enough to counteract that healing if I want to use her as a player phase unit. I really want to pick Ingrid as guaranteed summon since she matches my play style more, but I do not think I need her since I already got all three Dimitris and her other self. Hopefully I get one of the blue units among my forty summons so I can just grab the other with the guaranteed summon. I think I will snipe blue and green Orbs. Dedue is not that amazing in my opinion, but a Save skill is a Save skill.

Ingrid is real nice as a Wings of Mercy Galeforcer since she does not have to worry about counter attacks for the her second action, but she needs Heavy Blade, and that could be an issue depending on her Atk stat.

Marianne got dual phase guaranteed follow up which is nice.

Edited by XRay

I just noticed that the English names of the Savior skills are practical, but boring, compared to the Japanese ones. The Japanese ones are named to match the icons.

• D/R Near Save is "Shield Savior: Near" in Japanese.
  • A/R Far Save is "Helm Savior: Far" in Japanese.
  • A/D Near Save is "Armor Savior: Near" in Japanese.

Skipping this banner, though. Claude ate my orbs, so I need to save up some more since my gacha budget is currently in Solo Form.

Ingrid is going to be annoying to deal with. I suppose I should start working on my Gustav-Henriette Aether Raids team to have an answer for dumb Firesweep-Lunge shenanigans. I wish I had a copy of Flayn.

Linhardt's skills are... really boring. We already have Distant Guard on Eremiya and Merlinus, and everything else has existed in the 4-star pool since launch (or the Staff+ update). Well, maybe he'll have it as his 4-star skill.

Dedue and Marianne are nothing special. I get that they don't have that much space to fit the full name in English, but "Icy Fimbulvetr" sounds so lame. It's "Ice Spear Fimbul" in Japanese.

Edited by Ice Dragon

It's nice to see Marianne, Linhardt, and Dedue appears in Heroes along with Ingrid as a non-seasonal unit. It's nice to show Dedue protecting his highness with that similar skills from Gustav and Henriette had in the Valentine's Day Banner. But, this might going to be hard to face off on Dedue when we used the wrong color for facing to the other units in Hard and Lunatic Mode similar to like the Valentine's Day Banner when Gustav and Henriette are there.

Edited by King Marth 64

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ingrid is going to be annoying to deal with. I suppose I should start working on my Gustav-Henriette Aether Raids team to have an answer for dumb Firesweep-Lunge shenanigans. I wish I had a copy of Flayn.

I would replace LOAK!Henriette with another armor unit. Based on my experience in Friend Mock Battles, she got issues with hard hitting nukes even with double Flayns backing her up (triple Flayns does make her unkillable, but that also drops your score too much). Crafty Fighter can help with that, but I feel that if you are going to give her Crafty Fighter, you might as well just give that and a Far Save to FF!Idunn or AOTB!Hector instead since they are bulkier.

ANF!Edelgard would have been a fantastic option if she was not green. She also got damage reduction and she has massive mobility. I hope they give damage reduction to non-green armors eventually.

If you are going the super Save tanks route, I highly recommend two Flayns. Makes it as fun as running a BH!Ike super tank team.

I am just waiting on a non-green armor with damage reduction before giving them Far Save.

Edited by XRay

I saw the thread topic and I don't know where my mind was but I didn't twig that Fodlan was 3H until after I saw the thumbnail. Silly me.

Happy with this obviously, since I was fearful that I wouldn't be able to close off with a spark. Will just snipe blue, come hell or high water.

Pleased that Ingrid is a horse to differentiate her from her more scantily-clad self. Art is neither here nor there. Skillset is solid, poor Oscar might find himself out of a job. Disappointed that it looks like gauntlets are off the menu though, and also disappointed that Marianne is saddled with a Duel skill and wouldn't really have a clear role in my barracks. But weighed against spending my orbs on Erinys or Legendary Claude, I think this banner wins for me due to a combination of name recognition and good colour-sharing. It would have been a disasterpiece if the rarities were swapped and the demote was on blue.