New Heroes: Seeds of Fodlan

NSSKG151

I want to feed Dedue to Brave Edelgard. Imagine B!Edelgard with sturdy stance 3 and close save 3 supporting Micaiah in AR offense. Those annoying melee units that she can't counter are no longer a problem. Although bow and dagger units still are but they aren't too common. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~Guys, I think Ingrid is gonna be fast. Probably have a Spd Superboon, too.
If she could, I guarantee she would have been holding Flashing Blade 4 instead of AS Solo 4. Anyway, looks neat.

~Dedue seems basic. I dunno how A/D Near Save is gonna compare to D/R Near Save... I mean, will people prefer one over the other?

~Linhardt is demote. All the "cleric" characters of Three Houses three houses (not Flayn) came so close to all being demotes, but then...

~Well this is a familiar scenario. Marianne is being put in the game the same year she is gonna get a CYL alt? Who would have ever seen this coming?
Icy Fimbulvetr kinda looks like what Sanaki's Cymbeline wishes it could do. It's neat, but is it gonna be practical in use? Maybe Marianne could pair well with Flayn, getting the damage reduction from the Caduceas staff as well as the benefits of what is basically her Animal Friend personal skill.

...Marianne would be target for me if I weren't focused on wanting to get merges for Halloween Robin, but maybe if I have orbs left over afterwards I'll think about sparking her... her or Ingrid, methinks.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would replace LOAK!Henriette with another armor unit. Based on my experience in Friend Mock Battles, she got issues with hard hitting nukes even with double Flayns backing her up (triple Flayns does make her unkillable, but that also drops your score too much). Crafty Fighter can help with that, but I feel that if you are going to give her Crafty Fighter, you might as well just give that and a Far Save to FF!Idunn or AOTB!Hector instead since they are bulkier.

ANF!Edelgard would have been a fantastic option if she was not green. She also got damage reduction and she has massive mobility. I hope they give damage reduction to non-green armors eventually.

Honestly, I'd probably just end up using Gustav with Winter Fae. There's no real reason to need to use both Near Save and Far Save if you just leave your ranged counterattacker in front, and Gustav needs to be in the back to block Lunge anyways.

Slightly disappointed Marianne isn't a calvary unit. It makes sense for her character. I guess blue infantry is ok, but eh.

And I'm so tired of staff units being basically the same and the demote. IS needs to be more creative with their staff units; they need something more to make them more valuable and/or unique.

I'm pulling for this banner, but with some very minor disappointments.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Honestly, I'd probably just end up using Gustav with Winter Fae. There's no real reason to need to use both Near Save and Far Save if you just leave your ranged counterattacker in front, and Gustav needs to be in the back to block Lunge anyways.

Running double Saves means your team is immune to flanking maneuvers, so you do not need a choke point to protect your flanks and back. I think the only unit that can flank double Save tanks team is Bramimond, but if you put Far Save in front at the edge of his range, he is going to kill himself first before he hits your backline.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Dedue seems basic. I dunno how A/D Near Save is gonna compare to D/R Near Save... I mean, will people prefer one over the other?

A/R and D/R are the best stat combos for most units in my opinion. A/D can be useful on some dragon armors since their Def is lower, but for most armor units, Res is generally lower.

I do not think it makes a huge difference if you use Flayn though.

Easy skip. Tried to get Mila but Claude, Leif, Hel, and Annette said hello. Also sparked Annand with Azelle and Lex tagging along.

Ingrid: a conditional Firesweep Lance cavalier with potential fodder value for those melee units who already have gotten Atk/Spd Solo 3 beforehand.

Dedue: Sturdy Stance 3 is no longer seasonal exclusive and Near Save is making its debut in the regular pool (though it's A/D rather than D/R). We're also getting the axe version of Carrot Cudgel, Pale Breath, and Gilt Fork.

Linhardt: Really? Another staff demote in 2020-2021? At least his fodder isn't bad (Distant Guard).

Marianne: B Duel Infantry already. Whew, IS is not wasting time with dropping Tier 4 Duel skills. And another source of Lull Atk/Res and Joint Drive Res.

Ha. Linhardt is hilariously underwhelming. What is this? A Gen 1 unit? They could have at least given him a horse or something. Or a prf skill based around his crest boosting his healing output so he could be an actual dedicated healer. This is just instant demote to an absurd degree.

Nice that Marianne gets a skill based around animals, but they really could have given her a horse or pegasus of her own. It's not like the number of mounted mages outsripts the number of infantry mages.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Running double Saves means your team is immune to flanking maneuvers, so you do not need a choke point to protect your flanks and back. I think the only unit that can flank double Save tanks team is Bramimond, but if you put Far Save in front at the edge of his range, he is going to kill himself first before he hits your backline.

Maps that leave enough space open to allow enemies to slip through are rare enough that I don't think I need to actually worry about them. The worst I've run into recently was a 2-square diagonal gap, but that was still trivial to wall off with a single unit. My teams are simply more vulnerable to something straight-up killing Fae rather than finding a way around her.

Oh, this is kinda not that exciting after all the exhausted TH love. Character wise, I like them all, but summer Ingrid is much more exciting to me because I prefer envisioning her on a pegasus rather than a horse. Deude is nice! But he looks just like Gustav haha. Linhardt is heart breaking. The art is kinda meh, the base kit is ATROCIOUS. I was thinking if we were ever gonna get another Pain wielder after like 100 Gravity users clogging up FB and TT, and here he sadly is lol. I might slowly build him... but I have Brady, Forrest and partially Rhys already built, and I am waiting on Dwyer. Who knows. Marianne... lol everyone expected her to be added next a la Lysithea, but I guess this is fine. Sword version for the Brave then? B Eirika might be the healer on the banner after all! 

Solon... um, no thanks lol. I would rather have had Metodey. Might build HIM instead 😛

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Also, Solon is the GHB unit. Get ready for another gimmicky red tome unit.

Considering he has an utterly useless prf staff already, another useless staff wielder seems more likely. Though they  might try something interesting with the whole Zagerus spell.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

Great art. I'll try for them all. Lol at Linhardt's line, he really didn't want to be added to Heroes. 

That explains the skill set!

I have a feeling that I'm not going to try particularly hard on this banner.  Lindhardt being the demote means that my (almost) full Black Eagles roster will be fairly easy to maintain.

I did't expect to see a banner today when I woke up. Its a fine banner, but nothing exites me too much on this one. So I'll be saving my orbs.

Mariane would be the unit i'd go for. I like how her prf makes use of her love for animals. Blue seems to be the colour to go with not one, but two loaded units.

But Linhard is...wow. I'm really not a fan of healer demotes. They all have base game kits skills with a alright support C skill to finish it off. It makes them all feel very much the same. To be honest I thought they'd do more with Lin. Did't he get into the top 20 male heroes this time around? You'd think that would help avoid having a kit like this.

Didn't expect Dedue at all. I'm happy he's in, but now I'm worried about gauntlets and Balthus 😞

Pretty nice selection of characters overall. I'm really happy about Solon. Now we need Thales and Cornelia to get in the game. I will get to make a team with 4 Agarthians one day, dammit! 

Not only did Marianne make it in regardless of the CYL (since these banners take months to put together), she's the star of the banner. XD AND she gets an icy tome as her weapon as a student. I'm happy! Actually, I like everyone on this banner! Plus, it's nice to see a banner leaning more Blue Lions. Missing Ashe, but I'm very happy with these picks! ^_^ ...The only problem is that I'm more or less out of orbs. Still trying to summon Pirate Veronica on the Double Special banner, and I still want to try to get Gustav on this year's Valentine's banner. I need to save up for rerun banners coming up, too, and then there are new seasonals to consider... I may have to skip this banner. 😞 At least all these guys are going to be in the general summoning pool! 🙂

Anyway, I wonder if this means Brave Marianne will be a sword flier.

The Golden Deer is running out of females to rep them. Leonnie, you're up.

of course, just like last year, one of 3H's CYL winners gets added a mere month after the event, and i just can't believe that they aren't doing it intentionally

anyway, more units i want in the blue pool is always good, as i have now at least 3 of them (Marianne, Fury, Seteth)

don't really care about Ingrid, Dedue and Lynhardt, as i don't need them, and since seiros will appear in the AHR banner, i can't really waste too many orbs, but at least i'll try to get one copy of Marianne

pretty nice banner overall, it's just that it's been revealed at the worst possible timing for me

as for Solon... no. just no.

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I want to feed Dedue to Brave Edelgard. Imagine B!Edelgard with sturdy stance 3 and close save 3 supporting Micaiah in AR offense. Those annoying melee units that she can't counter are no longer a problem. Although bow and dagger units still are but they aren't too common. 

I'm doing that right now with Gustav. It was pretty nice to let my Micky do her business then have Gustav block Seiros and friends. Now he's protecting Guinevere, and blocking Kempf/Lunge traps is nice too.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Considering he has an utterly useless prf staff already, another useless staff wielder seems more likely. Though they  might try something interesting with the whole Zagerus spell.

What's the Zagerus spell? Or are you talking about the Zaharas (that's what I hear) thing he does to send Byleth to another dimension. That was the most unique thing he had other than maybe being a staff unit.

31 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I'm doing that right now with Gustav. It was pretty nice to let my Micky do her business then have Gustav block Seiros and friends. Now he's protecting Guinevere, and blocking Kempf/Lunge traps is nice too.

What's the Zagerus spell? Or are you talking about the Zaharas (that's what I hear) thing he does to send Byleth to another dimension. That was the most unique thing he had other than maybe being a staff unit.

Yeah, Zaharas. Exact name slipped my mind, given that it's surprisingly minor for how much gravitas they give that scene. Like it never shows up again in any form in the rest of the plot.

Despite being a sparkable banner this one totally isn't. Blue is the one and only pullable colour here for having two good units. I would have preferred seeing Marianne on a horse since it suits to her character - Idc if pony or pegasus - but I highly assume her legandary version will become like that then. Ingrid is no falco knight unfortunately, but it makes sense since her alt version already was. Still I'm not too impressed by their classes overall as from the entire theme including GHB unit. I will definitely not spark because this would cost way more than 150 orbs otherwise.