I gave Flayn more unique battle quotes + a recruitment conversation in Crimson Flower

I Love Flayn

Here's a video I wrote and put together giving Flayn more unique battle quotes and also a recruit conversation in Crimson Flower. Voice credits are in the description. Hope you enjoy! (Sorry if this isn't the right subforum, I don't know if this counts as "fanart" or not)

Edited by I Love Flayn

This was enjoyable. I have some nitpicks, but I think the ending with the recruitment dialogue was the best part. Edelgard never wanted genocide. She wanted Nabateans to just no longer meddle in humanity's affairs any longer. 

11 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

This was enjoyable. I have some nitpicks, but I think the ending with the recruitment dialogue was the best part. Edelgard never wanted genocide. She wanted Nabateans to just no longer meddle in humanity's affairs any longer. 

Definitely. That's one of the most facepalm-inducing Edelgard criticisms out there, imo. I'm glad to see some dialogue that clears the issue up a bit better.

My one complaint is actually with Jeritza's dialogue. You make him sound actively evil and antagonistic towards Flayn, like the Death Knight, when supposedly in part 2 Jeritza's got a slightly better handle on his split personality (he can go into battle without the Death Knight completely taking over). Technically, he shouldn't even remember keeping Flayn hostage since he was in full Death Knight mode when that happened.

10 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

My one complaint is actually with Jeritza's dialogue. You make him sound actively evil and antagonistic towards Flayn, like the Death Knight, when supposedly in part 2 Jeritza's got a slightly better handle on his split personality (he can go into battle without the Death Knight completely taking over). Technically, he shouldn't even remember keeping Flayn hostage since he was in full Death Knight mode when that happened.

I never picked up on that, probably from not paying enough attention to his supports. I'll keep that in mind if I do something like this with him again.

8 hours ago, Malfaria said:

You should do one for Seteth.

What I wish I could do is something where Seteth is confronted by Flayn after having been recruited, leading to his own recruitment. Sadly that wouldn't be possible without hacking (or perhaps some very skilled enemy AI manipulation to get their positioning just right). Other than that, maybe convos against Shamir and Ferdinand would be fun to write. And of course I would want to reference Flayn's recruitment in Edelgard's recruitment convo with him (or maybe even alternate dialogs depending on which of them is recruited first).

Obviously none of that's possible without finding more VAs.