A new character you'd add to a remake if you were in charge of remaking it

How about we each describe a new character that we would add to a remake of Radiant Dawn if we were in charge of remaking it?. Here's mine

Mine would me A Unrecruitable Female Character that was A Semi-Major Villain that claims to be the most powerful Common-Born Silver Knight that Begnion has ever known

Despite that she is very weak for A Silver Knight, but she isn't lying, that is because she is the only Common-Born Silver Knight that Begnion has ever known, which means that she must be the most powerful Common-Born  Silver Knight that Begnion has ever known

Edited by James Marshall
I keep spotting grammar errors

I had some ideal three new characters that should be appear in the remake of Radiant Dawn:

• From Dawn Bridgade: A Female Original Member since Micaiah was the only female member, all the other original 4 members were guys. I do think she could join in with to help Micaiah, Edward, and Leonardo sometime after Prologue.
  • New Member of Greil Mercenaries: He/she joined with Ike sometime after the Mad King's War ended.
  • New Member of Crimerian Knights: A member of the Crimean Knights that could be a replacement of Titania after she left the Knights to work with Greil and he/she is helping Elincia out to get rid of the rebellion.
Edited by King Marth 64

One of the biggest criticisms people levee at the game is that the laguz come out as too flawless in the Laguz-Beorc racism. In other words, the game needs a Laguz antagonist. To those criticisms I usually say, well Lehran is the biggest antagonist in the game and is a Laguz, but given how sympathetic he is, how he can't transform and how he's only ever depicted as a villain for a single chapter, it's pretty understandable how people just don't register that. So yeah, I could see the game needing a Laguz antagonist. How exactly one could naturally be implemented into the story however is another matter, given the enemy nation in Radiant Dawn is so anti laguz.They do still pull the whole black mail people to fight for them with the Ravens, but that while providing enemies for the player to phase, is a bit of a cop out for having an actual antagonistic Laguz character. What people want is an actual Laguz doing evil by their own volition (hence why people don't really count Deghensea either).

So with all that preamble out of the way, to give us an actually evil Laguz character who can fit naturally into the plot, I suggest a third Wolf character, for three reasons.

1) Well there's only two wolves in the game already, so it's by far the least populated Laguz type.

2) Said two Laguz and Hatari as a whole are severely undeveloped, as is typical for characters introduced in Radiant Dawn who aren't Micaiah or Pelleas.

3) Having the new antagonist be from Hatari gives them their own agenda that can provide trouble for the protagonists, without necessarily stepping on the toes of pre-established politics of the game. In other words, this character wouldn't have to choose a side, since they'd have their own agenda out of the context of everything else that's going on.

As for the character, I shall name him Vadik, the Black Wolf.

Direwolf - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

He is a cadet member of the Hatari royal family, or maybe a rival clan, whatever way they want to develop the unexamined politics of Hatari. Upon hearing word the Nailah has decided to go venturing off into a foreign land, he pursues her to Tellius intending to kill her and Volug so he has a closer route to King of Hatari. He also has a few wolf underlings along with him. Radiant Dawn is already long enough a game as it is, so I don't think it particularly needs many more chapters, so instead of having dedicated chapters, Vadik would show up as mid map reinforcements on existing chapters. At first he'd be too powerful to kill and would serve as an enemy to push you towards finishing the chapter quicker, but as you get deeper into the game you stand a better chance of taking him out. His minons won't have names or personalities, however they will be unique enemies. That is to say if you kill them in one chapter, they will not spawn in the next chapter. Vadik will continue to appear if you do somehow manage to beat him before end game however (he can have the miracle skill as an attempt to handwave that, as Radiant Dawn is actually pretty good about having characters killed on maps actually die).

The chapters Vadik and his cohorts appear in include

Raise the Standard Part 1: Chapter condition would still be rout, but is now instead rout all the Begnion forces, Vadik will also attack Begnion forces.

Tides of Intrigue: They will be stationary enemies in the north west of this chapter, hanging around a brazier. The plot will suggest he doesn't even know Lucia and the group are around and only happens upon them if you move close to them. Maybe they can have items to steal using Heather in this chapter to encourage going near them (having such dangerous enemies in Fog of War going on the offensive is a bit scummy).

The Heart of Crimea: Spawns in the south east, inside the forest. Like Raise the Standard, the victory of the condition changes from rout, to rout all the Begnion forces, and Vadik will fight the Begnion Forces.

From Pain, Awakening: Vadik finally shows up on a map where Nailah is actually deployed, though she's an enemy in this map, so they probably will never face each other. Spawns from the south east of the chapter. Will fight both the laguz and Micaiah's army. Him being here also does nice to add to the general Chaos of the battle to help awaking Yune and adds more to the theory people have that Yune didn't wake in Path of Radiance because Hatari was uninvolved.

The Holy City: A new chapter added to Part 4 of Radiant Dawn, where you take storm Sienne, with the armies reuniting mid map. This is something that happens entirely offscreen in Radiant Dawn and I think that's a bit disappointing. Vadik will also fight the Disciples of Order, though this map will finally require you to kill him.

So as I think can be seen from these chapters, Vadik would be more memorable for the role he plays in the gamepaly, spicing up chapters that might be a little disinteresting otherwise in terms of gameplay. In most of his appearances he's attacking completely different people, so there's no grand new narrative thread being created. He has simple motivation, shows up and causes trouble and then vanishes again to continue on his hunt for Nailah, who is vaguely aware of his presence after his first appearance, and maybe we can have Nailah explain how she's traveled far away to send him on a wild goose chase as an explanation why she's nowhere to be seen for much of part 3. I think this is the best way to handle a new antagonist in a remake, especially in a game like Radiant Dawn which already has a tonne of different actors. I think the Berkut method of creating a new character and just tossing them at the player again and again without them ever influencing things doesn't work. Vadik isn't meant to influence things, he's meant to complicate things by showing up in places he has no business to be and fighting everyone. Embodying the chaotic side of the laguz. It's either something like this or do what New Mystery did and introduce a new subplot, and given how dense Radiant Dawn already is and how you jump perspectives so much, I don't think that's the best approach.

Edited by Jotari

While I think adding new player units (like they did with Faye) is a good idea for most remakes, Radiant Dawn really isn't hurting for more characters. There are maybe a couple points in Part 2 where it might be nice, but I'd overall say that Radiant Dawn is the Fire Emblem game which least needs (and might indeed suffer for) changes to its cast. As for adding more villains, I don't see the need for that either. Again, the game is nearly bursting at the seems as is.

I wouldn't want to add anyone unless they contribute in some way without taking away from the other characters. Radiant Dawn already has almost more characters than it knows what to do with, and one of my major problems with Shadows of Valentia was the addition of a bunch of characters that took up a huge amount of screentime only to add almost nothing to the actual game, such as Berkut, Rinea, Ferdinand and Conrad; coming across as the character equivalent of filler/padding.

I would only add more characters if the remake was also adding additional chapters to flesh things out and address problems with its story. 

8 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I wouldn't want to add anyone unless they contribute in some way without taking away from the other characters. Radiant Dawn already has almost more characters than it knows what to do with, and one of my major problems with Shadows of Valentia was the addition of a bunch of characters that took up a huge amount of screentime only to add almost nothing to the actual game, such as Berkut, Rinea, Ferdinand and Conrad; coming across as the character equivalent of filler/padding.

I love how you left out Faye, the one new character that didn't progress the story at all and was an Alm-bot, despite the fact Clair already had a preestablished unrequited love of him already.

11 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I love how you left out Faye, the one new character that didn't progress the story at all and was an Alm-bot, despite the fact Clair already had a preestablished unrequited love of him already.

I left her out because the story largely treated her as irrelevant; she was a side-character at most and little more than another villager. After the prologue, she has almost no screentime whatsoever. Of course, one could argue that the script spending any time at all on her and her obsession with Alm was too much time (and I'd completely agree with that argument). 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

I left her out because the story largely treated her as irrelevant; she was a side-character at most and little more than another villager. After the prologue, she has almost no screentime whatsoever. Of course, one could argue that the script spending any time at all on her and her obsession with Alm was too much time (and I'd completely agree with that argument). 

I'd definitely agree with that argument as well. The game didn't need another Alm fangirl and her character could've been different altogether. Cute design though.