If all my pegasus knights and nomads die by chapter 17 will I go to Sacae or Illia?

Currently I'm playing FE6 and, almost reaching chapter 17, I heard about the route split to Sacae or Illia ("you go to Sacae if Sue and Shin combined EXP is higher than Tate and Shanna EXP, otherwise you go to Illia), so I started to wonder:

If, before that chapter, Shin, Sue, Tate and Shanna die, all of them, what will happen? Will I go to Sacae or Illia? Or someway those chapters will be skipped and then

Spoiler

I wont be able to reach the true ending

?

And how does the game decides to which route I will go? 

I know it calculates the total EXP earned by the nomads and by the pegasus knights,  and if Shanna and Tate's is higher than Shin and Sue's you go to Illia (otherwise, you go to sacae). But if some of them gain some EXP and then died (before chapter 17) will it count? For example, if Shin reached level 20 and then die, will his EXP be counted or does it count as 0, so to go to Sacae only Sue's EXP will count vs Tate and Shanna's to decide to which contry I will go in the route split ? 

And if the EXP is acounted even if the character die, then that would mean that if I kill everyone before any of them can get any EXP (somehow making sure that each of the four die in one hit, so they wont gain that 1 EXP for surviving battles) then I will go to Illia, since Tate and Shanna have higher base levels than Shin and Sue? Or the base levels doesn't count? (I think they don't, as I seen someone asking here why did they went to Sacae instead of illia since them Pegasus knight had higher level than the nomads, and someone answered that it wasn't about the base levels but only the EXP gained in game)

Also, does the game prioritizes one route over the other? Like, if Both the pegasus knights and the nomads have Equal gained EXP (Or died, if dead units EXP doesn't count, because then all their EXPs would be 0), the game would have to send you to a route anyway, right?

So would it be random (based in the RGN, with a 50/50 chance). or they prioritize one route over the other (kinda like like they do with Chrom potential wives in  Awakening)?

Before anyone starts advising on what I should do, I want to say that this is not the case for me, none of my nomads or pegasus knights had died yet. I just want to know this out of curiosity or if this had happened with anyone here (though I dont think this could happen if it wasnt on porpouse or iron man runs)

Also, I want to state that English is not my first language so let me know if I wrote something in a weirdly indunderstandably way (the "inunderstandably" was on porpouse). 

I don’t know the answers to some of these questions but what I do know

3 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, does the game prioritizes one route over the other? Like, if Both the pegasus knights and the nomads have Equal gained EXP (Or died, if dead units EXP doesn't count, because then all their EXPs would be 0), the game would have to send you to a route anyway, right?

So would it be random (based in the RGN, with a 50/50 chance). or they prioritize one route over the other (kinda like like they do with Chrom potential wives in  Awakening)?

That the game does prioritize Ilia over Sacae, if their experience is tied you go to Ilia. I don’t know if it counts their exp if they died, but if not those values should still be set to zero anyway and so Ilia would be prioritized. However if Sue and Shin get more levels but both die (along with the pegs) that would show whether or not it counts their exp if they die. But if they all die before gaining any, or dying doesn’t count their exp and they all die, you should definitely go to Ilia.

I believe, but am not certian, that Ilia is the default route. I also think that a unit's death does not reset the amount of exp gained; I.E, if Shin got to level 20 and the Ilians weren't used, killing Shin would not prevent you from going to Sacae.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 6:17 PM, Benice said:

I believe, but am not certian, that Ilia is the default route. I also think that a unit's death does not reset the amount of exp gained; I.E, if Shin got to level 20 and the Ilians weren't used, killing Shin would not prevent you from going to Sacae.

Yeah, I belive so. I read it in FE wiki some little time ago that death doesn't reset the Exp count. About the prioritized route, I'm not certain too, the other guy who replied said it is Illia and Serenes Forest "gaiden chapters" post supports it, but in FE wikia it is said that it is Sacae

Edited by ARMADS!!!

On 3/4/2021 at 5:04 PM, Sooks said:

I don’t know the answers to some of these questions but what I do know

That the game does prioritize Ilia over Sacae, if their experience is tied you go to Ilia. I don’t know if it counts their exp if they died, but if not those values should still be set to zero anyway and so Ilia would be prioritized. However if Sue and Shin get more levels but both die (along with the pegs) that would show whether or not it counts their exp if they die. But if they all die before gaining any, or dying doesn’t count their exp and they all die, you should definitely go to Ilia.

Thank you for the reply, I was confused because even after researching there are contradictions. In FE wikia it is said that the game prioritizes Sacae but in Serenes Forest "gaiden chapters" post it is said that Illia is prioritized.

Edited by ARMADS!!!