Forging Bonds: Seeds of Fódlan!

A new Forging Bonds event is here!

Screenshot_20210305-095716.png.d1fbf103e918975b0b67d752bac8c08e.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Ingrid, Linhardt, Dedue and Marianne, the new Heroes from the "Seeds of Fódlan" banner.

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units.

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Oh man those birds in Marianne's accessory are the ones around Picnic Flora and Picnic Felicia, if I'm not mistaken! Also, looks like these fairies are going to be hanging around FB's from now on... *sigh*

I really liked Seteth explaining everything to the students, too. Nice splash of realism!

Now, onto what little bit of conversation I've unlocked!

Marianne

Spoiler

My first thought was that she'd make good friends with Shigure, but Mordecai makes so much sense! Not only does he talk to animals, but he transforms into a beast! He could make for a great friend for Marianne! And as for Lilith, she makes sense, too! Friends with animals, transforms... And I wonder who it is she's going to introduce Marianne to. She mentioned bad luck not being a problem, so...I bet it's Arthur! His luck is so bad already, that a little more isn't going to do him any harm! XD

Linhardt

Spoiler

This almost feels like a prediction come true, him hanging out with Mirabilis. I was kind of hoping for Python, though. They're alike in more ways than just naps (like not really wanting to fight, but still doing so because they kind of have to.) Though, Python isn't as much as a nap person as Linhardt. Of course, I thought of Leo, too. Isn't he groggy during the day because he studies so much at night, like Linhardt? Maybe more people will show up later...

I haven't gotten anything more than that, including, for some reason, nothing from my Blue Lions. Eh, they'll come eventually.

I can confirm that Alfonse, Sharena unless Peony counts, Anna and the brick wall are all nowhere to be found in this Forging Bonds. And wouldn't you know it, this Three Houses edition is much better off because of that.

My only gripe is a petty one: how in the Hel has Raphael not caught wind of the Heavy Plate Corps by now? I was honestly kinda disappointed when that last person who showed up in Ingrid's support line wasn't him.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

My only gripe is a petty one: how in the Hel has Raphael not caught wind of the Heavy Plate Corps by now? I was honestly kinda disappointed when that last person who showed up in Ingrid's support line wasn't him.

It could be a "no boys allowed" thing. You have noticed that the original four are all female.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It could be a "no boys allowed" thing. You have noticed that the original four are all female.

Hmm, true. Also, the fact that someone like Stahl isn't in on this either despite being in Askr from the very beginning would further support that theory.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Hmm, true. Also, the fact that someone like Stahl isn't in on this either despite being in Askr from the very beginning would further support that theory.

I'd totally forgot about Stahl but you're right. Apparently the developers too forgot about Stahl so they had to put in two Ilyanas, or it really is a no boys club.

Eh...I'm not terribly impressed with the support conversations for this Forging Bonds. As a whole, this group was better than past Three Houses-centric FBs (except maybe Ingrid's, 0/10 no desire to read again), but still not super great.

-The Heavy Plate Corps or whatever the heck it's supposed to be is absolutely not something I've enjoyed at all. It's just...kinda lame? Not humorous like CHOP, that's for sure. When I see Rinkah, I don't think of food, like at all. In fact, that may be the LAST thing I associate with her. And why does there need to be two Ilyanas? And where's Stahl? Meh, every support that's involved this group has been lame, in my opinion. They could have done something way better for Ingrid than involve her with this sorry bunch.

-Dedue's was more or less a repeat of what already happened with him and Felix in Three Houses. Not bad, but nothing really new. I enjoyed the presence of Helbindi and Ylgr, though!

-Linhardt's was...so-so? I wish he'd have interacted with characters like Haar or Python. Sticking him solely Mirabilis as his focus was a bit of a letdown.

-Marianne's was the best of the bunch, but I wish she'd had more interactions with Mordecai. Those two seem like they'd be great friends! Not utilized enough. Like Linhardt, it kinda makes it a letdown, but still the best of the bunch.

They struck gold in Marianne's C conversation with the idea of her interacting with Mordecai, and then did nothing with it and wasted the rest of that chain with characters that made me wonder if whoever wrote it knew about 3H beyond a tweet-long summary.

Spoiler

What Marianne is worried about isn't the comical, slapstick sort of accidents that happens to gag character Arthur, and sticking them together because "lol they're both about bad luck" makes her look like she's making a mountain out of nothing, because hey, being the victim of slapstick forges character, it's all fine! Except she's not afraid her crest will make people trip and fall into a hole, she's afraid it will kill them because she will become a beast. I don't feel like this works with the mood they were going for at all - though it probably doesn't help that I can never take Arthur seriously. If they wanted to tackle that topic, they could still have brought it up with Mordecai by relating it to feral laguz (a more serious take on it, and somewhat closer to what happened to her ancestor than... Arthur having food poisoning and whatnot...), and still have potential for a very sweet conversation.

@Tybrosion @Sunwoo

Good points about Stahl and Raphael (I was wondering about Raph myself.) Those two really should join. Stahl's stomachaches would really add another dimension to it, too. And Raph and Effie are on such a similar wavelength. "Food = strength = good."

@Etrurian emperor

After finishing up her story, I totally agree!

@Kori

I don't think that's it. I think that it's more like Arthur shocked Marianne and began to help her look at things a bit differently, and in turn, gave her hope. Also, it's not like they completely dropped Mordecai. I like how that conversation ended, really (except that I do wonder why Setsuna wasn't in the pit...)

Now, onto something else. I wonder if Linhardt's conversation is alluding to a Linhardt + Haar harmonized hero in the future (which I will call Linhaardt.) If so, I hope Linhardt's timeskip version is used. And I hope this is for that pajama party seasonal banner I whipped up (which included both of them, Mirabilis, Tiki, Dwyer, and Mitama as options.)