Bowser Jr.'s True Heritage

A thought occurred to me today.

A mystery among the Super Mario universe is the existence of Bowser Jr. Where did he really come from?

Obviously, Bowser is his dad/main parent, that much we know. As for who the mother is, there is one possibility and one certainty: Peach is possibly his mom (which opens a whole can of worms that I don't wanna talk about), but Miyamoto is certainly his mom (the man himself confirmed it). As for a possibility that has nothing to do with a mother, it's possible Bowser can asexually reproduce.

However, I have an in-universe explanation. 

The stork.

The stork brought baby Mario and Luigi to their adoptive parents, so I'm inclined to think that the stork may have had a hand with Bowser Jr.'s delivery to Bowser.

Maybe.

Just a thought.

Being reminded of Bowser's anatomy, what's to say Bowser Jr. isn't a memory of himself as a child, which somehow escaped the Memory Banks and attained a physical, less blocky, form?

What then, could have literally jogged Bowser's memory so hard that one of them escaped his brain and become external reality?

giphy.gif

When did Bowser Jr. first show up? In Super Mario Sunshine. What was the last major Mario game before that? Super Mario 64.

Biology, and physics. Can't argue with this.

No matter what recent retcons say, the Koopalings were all designed as Bowser's children. What no one seems to realize is that one of the Koopalings is Morton Koopa Jr. This mean's Bowser's name is actually Morton. Bowser must just be an alias or the name he took upon ascending to the throne. Speaking of all that, who are Bowser's parents? Kamek refers to Baby Bowser as Prince Bowser as far as I can recall. So he wasn't born king.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its noteworthy that Peach never actually denies being Jr's mom. So that's where I'd put my money on.

The intent of that scene was almost-certainly that she was expressing confusion and disbelief at such a ridiculous and bizarre claim. Of course, it doesn't really come across because this was 2002 and Nintendo and full voice acting did not mix well at the time (and one could argue that they still don't sometimes) as well as poor wording. This could've easily been cleared up by adjusting her line to have her say, "Mama? Mama Peach? You think I'm your... Mama?", but it could be that there wasn't enough space on the GameCube disc for two more words of fully-voiced dialogue. You probably think I'm joking with that last remark... and I am, but fully-voiced dialogue takes up a lot of space. 

The biggest piece of evidence against the claim is that, at the end of the game, not only is Bowser about to admit to his son that he was lying about Peach being the boy's mother, but Bowser Jr. admits that he already knew the whole time that Bowser was lying to him. 

8 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

but it could be that there wasn't enough space on the GameCube disc for two more words of fully-voiced dialogue. You probably think I'm joking with that last remark... and I am, but fully-voiced dialogue takes up a lot of space. 

...Assuming that Super Mario Sunshine's amount of spoken dialogue + all other stuff takes up an entire GameCube mini-dvd. Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos might both be split over two discs, but the sheer amount of VA work the three games have in one scene is vastly greater than SMS has in the entire game.

A better argument- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Now run off and listen to all those voiced lines in a fellow 3D platformer of the era with a cheesy plot.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

What if Kamek's is Bowser's parent (by means of STORK) who coup'd the old Koopa king ass before the events of Yoshi's Island, and that's how baby bowser became Prince?

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

…Assuming that Super Mario Sunshine's amount of spoken dialogue + all other stuff takes up an entire GameCube mini-dvd. Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos might both be split over two discs, but the sheer amount of VA work the three games have in one scene is vastly greater than SMS has in the entire game.

A better argument- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Now run off and listen to all those voiced lines in a fellow 3D platformer of the era with a cheesy plot.😛

True; they probably had enough room for adding two extra words on the GameCube disc. That's why I said, "You probably think I'm joking with that last remark... and I am."

I've never played any of those three games you listed as other examples. I've heard of Sonic Adventure 2 though (despite never really being interested in Sonic games); depending on which Sonic fans you ask, it's either the first of the bad Sonic games or the last of the good Sonic games (aside from Sonic Mania in that second case). 

Anyway, what did you think of my main point?

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What if Kamek's is Bowser's parent (by means of STORK) who coup'd the old Koopa king ass before the events of Yoshi's Island, and that's how baby bowser became Prince?

So Kamek is king? Seems highly unlikely given his subservient role even to baby "the prince" Bowoser.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

So Kamek is king? Seems highly unlikely given his subservient role even to baby "the prince" Bowoser.

He knew he was better as an advisor and left everything to his son

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

He knew he was better as an advisor and left everything to his son

Why is Bowser ever referred to as prince then? Unless the Koopa Kingdom was previously a principality and they swapped over to a Kingdom to give power a more grandiose title. 

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why is Bowser ever referred to as prince then? Unless the Koopa Kingdom was previously a principality and they swapped over to a Kingdom to give power a more grandiose title. 

Remember how dead the koopa kingdom looked Yoshi's Island?

Alot of improvements had to be done before Bowser could be king

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

True; they probably had enough room for adding two extra words on the GameCube disc. That's why I said, "You probably think I'm joking with that last remark... and I am."

I think I misread this as you being serious, despite me reading it over and over.😅

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Anyway, what did you think of my main point?

Logical, makes fine sense to me.

And let's face it, Nintendo didn't know how to do good VA work at the time, most of it was awkward.🙂

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

What if Kamek's is Bowser's parent (by means of STORK) who Koopa d'etat the old Koopa king ass before the events of Yoshi's Island, and that's how baby bowser became Prince?

Fixed it for you.😉

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

What no one seems to realize is that one of the Koopalings is Morton Koopa Jr. This mean's Bowser's name is actually Morton.

wait WHAT

18 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Big daddy Bowser probably reproduces asexually, and hatched Junior from an egg.

Yep, that’s probably it.

I mean, Yoshi is canonically male yet still manages to pop eggs out of literally nowhere, so this actually isn't entirely out of the question.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

What no one seems to realize is that one of the Koopalings is Morton Koopa Jr. This mean's Bowser's name is actually Morton.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

wait WHAT

Lord Morton the First would actually be a pretty schway name.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fixed it for you.😉

Pretty sure the Super Show already made that pun.

I mean, Bowser is a surname after all. Morton Bowser Koopa.

Still, didn't an interview stated they were actually not his? Though I guess if Bowser still (re)named them...

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, Bowser is a surname after all. Morton Bowser Koopa.

Still, didn't an interview stated they were actually not his? Though I guess if Bowser still (re)named them...

Yes Miyamoto said in an interview twenty or so years after their creation that they're not Bowser's children, but the original information about them released in the NES days, and even the cartoon made it clear they absolutely were his children. So it's a retcon.

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Come and join the Continuity Doesn't Matter Gang.

No canon gang?

No canon gang.

I mean, we already have one of the main titles being a stage show, let's roll with that.