• Mark (Blazing Blade)
    • Kris (New Mystery)
    • Robin (Awakening)
    • Corrin (Fates)
    • Byleth (Three Houses)
    • Kiran (Heroes)
    • Boo! Avatars suck (every other game)

On 3/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

You could also just not use pre-rendered cutscenes. I know that real time renders don't look as good, but I'm not sure it's that big a deal. Three Houses doesn't even look good as it is, I'm sure we'd all prefer a game which runs entirely in-engine and looks alright rather than one which has fancy cutscenes and generally trash graphics.

The only cutscene I found myself really impressed by was the Seiros-Nemesis fight scene. Which, of course, didn't involve the Professor. If it's a choice between having pre-rendered cutscenes, and having character models that are able to walk/run and talk at once, then I'd prefer the latter, no question.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:38 PM, Jotari said:

It had accessories which you could attach to any character, not Corrin specific (and also far too expensive in game, probably to encourage the social trading aspect). Though Fates did let you change Corrin's hair at any point in the game which was a nice touch.

Female Corrin also got a hair accessory in her model and portrait, which could be changed at will along with her hair. Kind of unfortunate that male Corrin received no equivalent. 

On 3/31/2021 at 4:42 AM, Metal Flash said:

I think it`s a pretty good idea. However, I can also see it leading to a couple of issues. Either,

a) They were the helmet or mask all the time, making customization options for the face, hair and eyes pointless or

b) They only wear the accessory in said cutscenes, making it feel like a unneccesary inclusion

That's kind of what I'm concerned by. Like, they put their mask on, and the player knows "oh great, a cutscene is coming on". And being able to customize the mask or armor just recreates the issue that the mask was trying to "cover up" (that is, the inability of pre-rendered cutscenes to account for variations in customizable characters) in the first place.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

That's kind of what I'm concerned by. Like, they put their mask on, and the player knows "oh great, a cutscene is coming on". And being able to customize the mask or armor just recreates the issue that the mask was trying to "cover up" (that is, the inability of pre-rendered cutscenes to account for variations in customizable characters) in the first place.

Take a page out of Telluis' book: have characters with actual armor in battle - including helmets. That way when the big bad shows up to shock and awe, your custom avatar is fully covered and totally impossible to tell whether they have pink hair or a butt-chin.

18 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Take a page out of Telluis' book: have characters with actual armor in battle - including helmets. That way when the big bad shows up to shock and awe, your custom avatar is fully covered and totally impossible to tell whether they have pink hair or a butt-chin.

Or both, preferably.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand how people can like Robin. He has one of the most boring personnality I've ever seen in FE.

I say that but I prefer him over Corrin, this guy is worse than boring and Byleth doesn't even exist. 

Kris isn't really interesting either.

I'll go for Mark because he doesn't take lot of place. 

It's impressive how they are all bad. I don't want avatar anymore but if they did, pls give us something better than them.