Would Kris still be hated if he wasn't part of a remake, but a brand new game?

Faellin

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

I challenge the idea Kris is even hated.

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/94145-best-avatar/

According to Serenes, Kris is the second most popular avatar after Robin. Which is particularly impressive considering no one has played New Mystery. All the Avatars are massively hated...while simultaneously being the most popular characters in the series. Kris isn't altogether different in that regard (though coming form a pre Awakening game, and a Japanese pre Awakening game certainly hasn't helped his popularity for things like CYL).

You did kinda prime people to vote for Kris by setting them up as the underdog, so I think the results of the poll have been kinda skewed, and it is close enough that it doesn't show that much support. They are only 3 votes above the massive tie in third place (with only Corrin and Kiran below that tie...), and have less then half the votes as first place.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You did kinda prime people to vote for Kris by setting them up as the underdog, so I think the results of the poll have been kinda skewed, and it is close enough that it doesn't show that much support. They are only 3 votes above the massive tie in third place (with only Corrin and Kiran below that tie...), and have less then half the votes as first place.

I still think it shows that, among avatars, Kris is not disproportionately hated.

• 10 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 5:02 AM, Jotari said:

I still think it shows that, among avatars, Kris is not disproportionately hated.

Only 78 people voted in that poll, and of that 78 only 13 said they'd consider them the best. That's not a good sample size even if you restrict it to the fandom that's on internet sites, and even if you were to limit it to just the scope of this forum that still only means less then 17% of fans on here would consider them better than their peers. Plus, as said before you do show a bias in the original post that could skewer the results as well.

They still may very well not be hated, but that poll is not going to prove anything with those factors in play. 

Edited by Medeus

53 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Only 78 people voted in that poll, and of that 78 only 13 said they'd consider them the best. That's not a good sample size even if you restrict it to the fandom that's on internet sites, and even if you were to limit it to just the scope of this forum that still only means less then 17% of fans on here would consider them better than their peers. Plus, as said before you do show a bias in the original post that could skewer the results as well.

They still may very well not be hated, but that poll is not going to prove anything with those factors in play. 

Yeah, likemost characters, CYL is probably the best indicator. In which...one sec while I google...Female Kris has done pretty badly being 400th in the first one and ranging between the 300s and 200s since then. Male Kris has done significantly better though, or at least he was doing better.  He started at 284 and consistently gained ranks until he was in the the top 100, but then fell off in the last two years going to the upper 100s. Which still isn't at all bad for a character from a pre-Awakening game released only in Japan.

• 1 month later...