If you can give an inanimate object sentience, which objects would you pick?

XRay

What the title says! Do you want to turn Alexa into Skynet? Or turn your local grocery store into a movie like Sausage Party?

I think it would be nice to give stuffed animals sentience so people can have the benefits of having a pet but without the responsibilities and downsides.

Giving cars sentience would also be nice to reduce drunk driving and all. Plus, people can get an extra twenty or thirty nap, eat breakfast, or do whatever else they want on their way to work.

I think it would be hilarious and probably fucked up to give used tissue and toilet paper sentience.

I'd say my stuffed animal that I lost about year ago. Maybe if he were sentient, he'd be able to find his way back to me 😞

I’d think about giving my computer sentience and making it do my schoolwork but ultimately never would because that’s inhumane.

If you give a dead body sentience, is that person alive now? If so, I would use it to bring back my mom.

Other than that, I really don’t know.

Maybe I’d give a set of high grade film equipment sentience and see how they make a film.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Giving cars sentience would also be nice to reduce drunk driving and all. Plus, people can get an extra twenty or thirty nap, eat breakfast, or do whatever else they want on their way to work.

Oh the moral dilemmas...

36 minutes ago, JAZ_2002 said:

I'd say my stuffed animal that I lost about year ago. Maybe if he were sentient, he'd be able to find his way back to me 😞

That is a good one. If I can give all my lost objects sentience, they would not be lost in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you give a dead body sentience, is that person alive now? If so, I would use it to bring back my mom.

That is an interesting use of giving things sentience. Even if sentience does not grant life, at least their mental state/personality/mind is back, so that would still be a huge help to ease the transition.

My scissor because I use him on a daily basis, and then maybe he can improve my accuracy when it comes to cutting things.

Or

My glasses, so I can say things like "Are you seeing this?", and he would be like "that joke stops being funny when you are just thinking bout it in your stupid head"

Probably the Yoshi plushie sitting in a cup on my desk.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’d think about giving my computer sentience and making it do my schoolwork but ultimately never would because that’s inhumane.

Given how much technology can misbehave without sentience I wouldn't chance it with...

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sooks's choice to bring someone back might be the best one...I looked around my room and couldn't think of any good ideas. And sentient cars like xray said might be safer than smart cars w/ any kind of wireless features.