April 2021 New Heroes Speculation

April 2021 New Heroes  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What game do you predict the banner to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cypher
    • Heroes
    • Multiple Games/Themed
    • Crossover
  2. 2. What game do you want the banner to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cypher
    • Heroes
    • Multiple Games/Themed
    • Crossover

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2021 at 06:23 PM

I'm guessing FE7, with FE2 or Fates as the other biggest possibilities. Personally, I'd be happy with FE7 but even happier with FE10. Tellius always needs more attention.

48 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I kinda want this to be a Blazing Blade banner, but I'm getting the feeling that it'll be another Fallen banner. I don't know why.

Fallen Heroes isn't until May. At least, for the last two years, that's how it's been.

I'm guessing the banners will be either SOV, Blazing Blade, or Fates (or TMS) since those have gone on the longest without one. At this point, I'm getting the feeling SOV will be used as a Midpoint banner like Awakening last year, so I'm guessing either Blazing Blade or Fates.

4 hours ago, JAZ_2002 said:

I just really want Ulster in Heroes already -_- 

What are you talking about? We do have Ulster in Heroes:

Spoiler

ZbBpFiG.png?1

Sorry, someone had to grab that low-hanging fruit.

As for the banner I want to see, I'm also going with Blazing Blade. I really need a New Heroes banner that I can safely skip after getting sucked dry by Erinys and Ingrid arriving back-to-back.

Gen 2 Awakening.

If banners take 3 months to be completed with voice acting, this would be a great timing with what Laurent's VA wrote earlier in january.

I actually thought April's banner would be Three Houses but they ended up doing it this month instead. I'm guessing Echoes (has to be right eventually) or Fates (with a heavy focus on Conquest characters I'm guessing) for the next new heroes banner because I wouldn't put it past IS to throw out a new banner with characters I like right after the FB rerun and AHR banners are over.

While I don't think next month will be Fallen Heroes I would like to speculate what we could see in the next iteration of that banner. Especially since I think they still have plenty of candidates there such as the four clerics of Archanea (Nyna, Lena, Elice and Maria), Ninian, Rhea, Gunter, Scarlet, Sumeragi, Mikoto, Arete and even Risen King Chrom based on one of his Cipher cards are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Personally I'm guessing Chrom, Nyna, a Fates rep (hoping for Gunter) and then one of Rhea or Ninian. I'm at least hoping for Nyna just so she gets into Heroes and at least her skillset won't be terrible since I am not even confident we will get a MotE banner this year.

Edited by NSSKG151

If I had to guess the lineup for the Fallen banner, I'd go with:

Hegemon Husk Edelgard (Red Tome Armored)
Risen King Chrom (Sword Infantry)
Deadlord Draco [aka Brigid/Eyvel] (Green Bow Infantry)
Anankos Gunter (Colorless Breath Cavalry)
GHB: Nergal (IS's Favorite GHB Unit Type besides Lance Flying)

Honestly, I have no clue what they would assign to Hegemon Husk Edelgard. I just went with tome armored just so we finally have one in the regular summoning pool. 

As for Gunter, I'm honestly not sure if they will ever go with him due to his Japanese voice actor being dead. Unless if I'm mistaken, I believe all of Gunter's JP voice lines in this game were taken straight from Fates as a result.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If I had to guess the lineup for the Fallen banner, I'd go with:

Hegemon Husk Edelgard (Red Tome Armored)
Risen King Chrom (Sword Infantry)
Deadlord Draco [aka Brigid/Eyvel] (Green Bow Infantry)
Anankos Gunter (Colorless Breath Cavalry)
GHB: Nergal (IS's Favorite GHB Unit Type besides Lance Flying)

Honestly, I have no clue what they would assign to Hegemon Husk Edelgard. I just went with tome armored just so we finally have one in the regular summoning pool. 

As for Gunter, I'm honestly not sure if they will ever go with him due to his Japanese voice actor being dead. Unless if I'm mistaken, I believe all of Gunter's JP voice lines in this game were taken straight from Fates as a result.

At least Nergal would probably have a prf tome. The lance fliers rarely even get that much.

(And I'd actually use Nergal, unlike Gharnef, Iago, Veld, or Solon).

I just want it to not have anyone I want/need on it. IS has been making it very hard for me to save my orbs lately. I caved on the last banner and tried getting someone. Got my pity rate up only .5% before I wisened up, though. At least I got a 4* Linhardt and a 4* Seteth (my first one; I'd only pulled him once before and that was a 3* one) out of it, though. Still, it would've been nice to also get Marianne (this incarnation is my favorite: student with an ice tome) and/or Dedue. Eh, hopefully, I'll get lucky and pull them some other day. I like them a lot, but they're not quite my favorite students, and I already have Summer Ingrid, so I don't need her regular student form.

Man, if Boyd or Ashe is on the next banner, though, that's going to be painful since I'll NEED to get them. And heaven forbid they actually give me Elena. If that happened...yeah, it'd be a while before I had orbs again (unless I got really lucky with my pulls like I did with Azelle.)

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

Wouldn't she likely be a beast or dragon?

Yeah, she conceivably could be (though beast is probably more likely out of those two).

Again, I just went with armored tome because we have none of those (or any ranged armor for that matter) in the regular summoning pool (whereas we have evil bab Tiki, Nagi, Caineghis, etc.). Who knows what they’ll ultimately go with.

I am going to guess Fates, I don't know why but I just feel like that is a good guess to make.  As to which game I want that would be TMS to get it done since it really only has one banner left and I want Yashiro in FEH already.  As to the fallen banner the only unit I want on it now would be Myrrh's dad Morva, but I don't know if they would put him on the fallen banner of save him for a GHB.

On 3/11/2021 at 2:27 AM, Tybrosion said:

I don’t see why this would have any bearing on Heroes. Plenty of characters (in the English version) have different VAs in Heroes than in their original games. Xander, Kaze and Siegbert shared a VA in Fates and are played by different people in Heroes. When Shura is added, he’ll probably have a different VA too, since all four characters I mentioned are voiced by David Stanbra (who did an excellent job; I was sad to see he didn’t reprise his roles for Heroes.)

Speaking of Fates, I suspect we’ll have another Fates banner next month or in the next few months. Initially I was torn about having a Fates banner in April (due to it coming right after the AHR banner and wanting to save orbs for it), but I summoned Child of Dusk Corrin with relative ease and with 400+ orbs remaining. Now I really hope there will be a Fates banner soon. Many characters I want to see in Heroes have a very high chance of being added. I’d be thrilled to see Charlotte, Nyx, Shura, Scarlet or Reina on a New Heroes banner, and they all stand decent chances based on CYL results. Charlotte and Nyx seem like givens, and Shura is a very likely choice for GHB (though I’d rather see him in the main banner so he can have a Forging Bonds conversation.)

22 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I don’t see why this would have any bearing on Heroes. Plenty of characters (in the English version) have different VAs in Heroes than in their original games. Xander, Kaze and Siegbert shared a VA in Fates and are played by different people in Heroes. When Shura is added, he’ll probably have a different VA too, since all four characters I mentioned are voiced by David Stanbra (who did an excellent job; I was sad to see he didn’t reprise his roles for Heroes.)

Yeah, thats English. In Japan, there is a certain culture around voice acting. Once a voice actor dies, you stop voicing, and therefore often using at all, all the characters they voiced.

This said, there are exceptions, recently, Excellen Browning from Super Robot Wars received a new voice actress after her prior VA died a few years ago. This is because Excellen is simply too present and too popular in the SRW Original Generations subseries to permanently bench.

Gunter, an old man who doesn't say his middle name is "Sexy", doesn't say the "D" in their rifle's name stands for their cup size, and isn't the girlfriend of one stoic badass gambler of a mecha pilot who has a glorious combination attack with their bubbly girlfriend. Gunter can be benched forever, and I don't think many people would be remiss.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, thats English. In Japan, there is a certain culture around voice acting. Once a voice actor dies, you stop voicing, and therefore often using at all, all the characters they voiced.

This said, there are exceptions, recently, Excellen Browning from Super Robot Wars received a new voice actress after her prior VA died a few years ago. This is because Excellen is simply too present and too popular in the SRW Original Generations subseries to permanently bench.

Gunter, an old man who doesn't say his middle name is "Sexy", doesn't say the "D" in their rifle's name stands for their cup size, and isn't the girlfriend of one stoic badass gambler of a mecha pilot who has a glorious combination attack with their bubbly girlfriend. Gunter can be benched forever, and I don't think many people would be remiss.

I think there's a lot to like about the Japanese way of handling voice actors. If you give them a role you typically give them that role for life. That's quite a lot better then the western method where voice actors can often be discarded like trash regardless of their contribution. Curiously enough it seems mostly Japanese companies that treat their western VA's with little respect. David Hayther was Snake and Kojima/Konami dumped him the moment they got their hands on a Hollywood actor. Troy Baker and Yuri are very strongly tied to each other but Namco was too cheap to even give him a call when new dialogue needed to be recorded.

On the other hand there are significant drawbacks too. Dragging the 90+ year old voice actor of the Northen Kai into the recording booth was likely a lot of hassle for the man in question and at that point he was too old to really do the role. And the Japanese habit of writing characters or at least drastically removing their presence once their voice actor dies can end up as silly and unnecessary.  Things like Phil just awkwardly standing their in Kingdom hearts because his Japanese voice actor died or Igor maybe being written out of Persona entirely are far too dramatic measures for a problem that's easily solved. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

or Igor maybe being written out of Persona entirely are far too dramatic measures for a problem that's easily solved. 

Well, if Philemon's VA is still alive and willing, maybe they could have Igor's forgotten master -the embodiment of the good of humanity's collective unconscious- take over the role.😄

20 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Curiously enough it seems mostly Japanese companies that treat their western VA's with little respect. David Hayther was Snake and Kojima/Konami dumped him the moment they got their hands on a Hollywood actor. Troy Baker and Yuri are very strongly tied to each other but Namco was too cheap to even give him a call when new dialogue needed to be recorded.

Huh, when in the West, do as the Westerners do. Thank you for this tidbit.

An Awakening banner is also quite likely. Several Awakening characters who have been in Heroes for a long time were just added to “Meet some of the Heroes.” All of them were Shepherds/characters who join Chrom at some point. Maybe we’ll get a banner with the remaining Shepherds! 😃

I could see a banner with Miriel (red tome infantry), Vaike (axe infantry), Ricken (colorless tome infantry), and Kellam (lance armor). Gregor (sword infantry) could be the GHB character.