April 2021 New Heroes Speculation

April 2021 New Heroes  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What game do you predict the banner to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cypher
    • Heroes
    • Multiple Games/Themed
    • Crossover
  2. 2. What game do you want the banner to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cypher
    • Heroes
    • Multiple Games/Themed
    • Crossover

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2021 at 06:23 PM

1 hour ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

An Awakening banner is also quite likely. Several Awakening characters who have been in Heroes for a long time were just added to “Meet some of the Heroes.” All of them were Shepherds/characters who join Chrom at some point. Maybe we’ll get a banner with the remaining Shepherds! 😃

I could see a banner with Miriel (red tome infantry), Vaike (axe infantry), Ricken (colorless tome infantry), and Kellam (lance armor). Gregor (sword infantry) could be the GHB character.

The only appropriate way to add Kellam is to hand him out for free as a secret unit who has been in our base all along.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The only appropriate way to add Kellam is to hand him out for free as a secret unit who has been in our base all along.

Sneak him into those rotating 1* maps.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, Mercakete said:

Sneak him into those rotating 1* maps.

I was thinking give him a 1% chance to show up in your base menu, and if you notice him/talk to him, he joins up.

Edit:

Anyway, last minute prediction. It's a Blazing Sword banner with Pent and Louise as the banner sellers, Farina as the token pegasus, Geitz as the demote, Brendan as the GHB.

Alternatively to Pent and Louise, Astram and Midia... I mean Harken and Isadora might be the banner leads.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

On 3/25/2021 at 10:16 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I think there's a lot to like about the Japanese way of handling voice actors. If you give them a role you typically give them that role for life. That's quite a lot better then the western method where voice actors can often be discarded like trash regardless of their contribution. Curiously enough it seems mostly Japanese companies that treat their western VA's with little respect. David Hayther was Snake and Kojima/Konami dumped him the moment they got their hands on a Hollywood actor. Troy Baker and Yuri are very strongly tied to each other but Namco was too cheap to even give him a call when new dialogue needed to be recorded.

On the other hand there are significant drawbacks too. Dragging the 90+ year old voice actor of the Northen Kai into the recording booth was likely a lot of hassle for the man in question and at that point he was too old to really do the role. And the Japanese habit of writing characters or at least drastically removing their presence once their voice actor dies can end up as silly and unnecessary.  Things like Phil just awkwardly standing their in Kingdom hearts because his Japanese voice actor died or Igor maybe being written out of Persona entirely are far too dramatic measures for a problem that's easily solved. 

To be fair, Troy Baker's profile was rapidly rising at that point in time (very similar to what happened to Bailey and her husband a few years ago) and dubbing has always been done on a shoestring budget unless it's something from Square Enix.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:06 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, thats English. In Japan, there is a certain culture around voice acting. Once a voice actor dies, you stop voicing, and therefore often using at all, all the characters they voiced.

This said, there are exceptions, recently, Excellen Browning from Super Robot Wars received a new voice actress after her prior VA died a few years ago. This is because Excellen is simply too present and too popular in the SRW Original Generations subseries to permanently bench.

Gunter, an old man who doesn't say his middle name is "Sexy", doesn't say the "D" in their rifle's name stands for their cup size, and isn't the girlfriend of one stoic badass gambler of a mecha pilot who has a glorious combination attack with their bubbly girlfriend. Gunter can be benched forever, and I don't think many people would be remiss.

Replacing VA's in Japan isn't as uncommon as you think, and you don't even need to look outside Fire Emblem for examples. Case in point, the original VA for Minerva from the Satellaview sidestory got replaced in Heroes/Warriors by Eleonora's VA and it wasn't even a case of the original voice actress being retired or dead, since said VA was cast as Mila in SoV. It's the same case for Gordin's voice actor from the OVA, who was replaced but then ended up voicing Reyson and Azel in Heroes.

Interestingly enough, Fire Emblem is pretty inconsistent with this, since voice actors for Elise from the OVA and Camus from the Satellaview game reprised their roles for Heroes (and in Camus' case, SoV) while Midorikawa and Koyasu still voice Marth and Navarre, who they voiced in the OVA.

Edited by UNLEASH IT

2 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

To be fair, Troy Baker's profile was rapidly rising at that point in time (very similar to what happened to Bailey and her husband a few years ago) and dubbing has always been done on a shoestring budget unless it's something from Square Enix.

Replacing VA's in Japan isn't as uncommon as you think, and you don't even need to look outside Fire Emblem for examples. Case in point, the original VA for Minerva from the Satellaview sidestory got replaced in Heroes/Warriors by Eleonora's VA and it wasn't even a case of the original voice actress being retired or dead, since said VA was cast as Mila in SoV. It's the same case for Gordin's voice actor from the OVA, who was replaced but then ended up voicing Reyson and Azel in Heroes.

Interestingly enough, Fire Emblem is pretty inconsistent with this, since voice actors for Elise from the OVA and Camus from the Satellaview game reprised their roles for Heroes (and in Camus' case, SoV) while Midorikawa and Koyasu still voice Marth and Navarre, who they voiced in the OVA.

Correct. And the Tales series, for all its legacy, isn't as successful as people think it is. Its best selling entry managed half of Three Houses' sales numbers. And the series isn't gaining momentum. It's stagnating, if not losing popularity.

That shoe-string budget is appropriate. And if Tales of Arise, which looks to be their most ambitious and expensive project, fails to surpass the 1.5 million sales benchmark set by Symphonia, I fear for the series' future.

Anyway, back on the main topic, we may see the trailer tonight. Any last minute bets?

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Well, I don't think it'll be Awakening since we just got that game spotlighted in the rabbits banner. (Honestly, Sacred Stones was there, but had minimal pizazz. (I'm purely talking about the writing between the paralogue maps and the TT+ mini story.) It was Nah, Inigo, Severa and even Masked Marth who really stole the spotlight. Myrrh was a supporting character to Nah and Saleh was more or less a background extra.)

We also got FE4/5 stuff fairly recently, so I don't think it'll be them. We may actually get a Fates banner. Though I'd hope for gen 1, it would probably be gen 2, realistically. So, we can probably expect Sophie, and possibly Mitama. Personally, I hope Percy and maybe Ignatius make it in if it's a gen 2 Fates banner, with Percy as the demote (so I can actually get him.) Honestly, though, I hope that Kiragi gets in. He's the only canon royal we don't have, I think. That said, Scarlet, Mozu, Orochi, Nyx, and Reina are still missing, playable, and female. Maybe IS would go gen 1 after all since they've already introduced so many female gen 2 units. If that's the case, then I hope that Shura gets in. Above all Fates characters, he's the one I want the most (followed very closely by Percy.) Izana would be most excellent, too, but I think he'd be funniest to introduce as a hot springs seasonal.

could definitely see Fates as an alternative to Blazing Blade; for such a popular game i'm actually surprised that it feels like it's dropped off the map recently i terms of new units, even seasonals.

i just need it not to be zihark for once otherwise i'll have to turn into a whale overnight, sob... at least let me get back up to 1500 orbs...

5 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

I keep forgetting, when do we usually get trailer?

Either 28 or 52 hours before the banner launches. I think we're about to hit the 76 hour mark, which is less common but not unheard of.

This banner is tricky, as far as trailer predictions go. Our Saturday tomorrow is Japan's Easter Sunday, but our Easter Sunday is also the day of the update and a trailer then would be cutting it close with said update. Tonight is a possibility for the banner, but they could decide to release it on their Easter or just cut it close with the update. Who knows?

Regardless, I have two thoughts. I'm not sure when the midpoint banner will be, so if this is it, then I'm thinking this banner will end up being a Gaiden/Echoes banner. If this isn't the midpoint, though, then I'm guessing Blazing Blade.

Looks like the trailer isn't coming out until tomorrow. I was kind of hoping to seeing it before the week is over since I am currently thinking of using some orbs on the current weekly revival banner and the Rally+ banner. Still predicting it to be an Echoes or Fates banner though it could also be Blazing Blade.

Edited by NSSKG151

15 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

This banner is tricky, as far as trailer predictions go. Our Saturday tomorrow is Japan's Easter Sunday, but our Easter Sunday is also the day of the update and a trailer then would be cutting it close with said update. Tonight is a possibility for the banner, but they could decide to release it on their Easter or just cut it close with the update. Who knows?

Japan doesn't have Easter as a national holiday like western countries, so people will probably be working.  

As to the banner Blazing Sword or Awakening are my to two picks.

I’m guessing Fates, cause I know that is what IS will go with (unless 3H once again takes over this month’s banner as Fallen heroes, but unlikely since Fallen heroes banner isn’t until May iirc). My hopes and wishes for the April banner if it is Fates, would be characters that wouldn’t need me to spill all of my orbs and allow me to save, which would be Kiragi (the only royal Fates child unit still not in Feh), Mitama, Dwyer and either Caeldori or Asugi (one of the fatesawakening children). I know, I’m very biased towards having Fates child units in Feh, but looking at Gen 1 Fates’s Characters’s Rosters, there aren’t a lot of notable and very worthwhile special ones, aside from Shura, Reina, Yukimura and Mozu. If not,  then TMS or Echoes for the love of Feh, since they have gone the longest without any banners (Echoes especially has been done dirty by IS regarding absence of new banners). Also I just want best bois Fernand as a GHB unit and Yashiro in Feh already, so I can create the ultimate echoes husbando team lol.

Edited by Muskaan Mann

5 hours ago, Muskaan Mann said:

I’m guessing Fates, cause I know that is what IS will go with (unless 3H once again takes over this month’s banner as Fallen heroes, but unlikely since Fallen heroes banner isn’t until May iirc). My hopes and wishes for the April banner if it is Fates, would be characters that wouldn’t need me to spill all of my orbs and allow me to save, which would be Kiragi (the only royal Fates child unit still not in Feh), Mitama, Dwyer and either Caeldori or Asugi (one of the fatesawakening children). I know, I’m very biased towards having Fates child units in Feh, but looking at Gen 1 Fates’s Characters’s Rosters, there aren’t a lot of notable and very worthwhile special ones, aside from Shura, Reina, Yukimura and Mozu. If not,  then TMS or Echoes for the love of Feh, since they have gone the longest without any banners (Echoes especially has been done dirty by IS regarding absence of new banners). Also I just want best bois Fernand as a GHB unit and Yashiro in Feh already, so I can create the ultimate echoes husbando team lol.

Echoes actually isn't missing that many characters, due to having such a small playable cast. Also, it only has one girl left (unless they use the other Pegasisters) so I can why IntSys has been shying away from it.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I was thinking give him a 1% chance to show up in your base menu, and if you notice him/talk to him, he joins up.

Edit:

Anyway, last minute prediction. It's a Blazing Sword banner with Pent and Louise as the banner sellers, Farina as the token pegasus, Geitz as the demote, Brendan as the GHB.

Alternatively to Pent and Louise, Astram and Midia... I mean Harken and Isadora might be the banner leads.

Not bad. I had 3/5 in my guess list. Wouldn't have predicted that Louise would be prf-less though.