What do you predict the next Musuo announcement will be?

Fabulously Olivier

Next Musuo announcement  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is next?

• Dynasty Warriors 10
    • Warriors Orochi 5
    • Warriors All Stars 2 or other Koei spinoff
    • Licensed spinoff followup (Hyrule, Fire Emblem, One Piece, etc.)
    • New IP licensed spinoff
    • New mainline Warriors IP (Arthurian, Greco Roman, etc.)
    • Remaster of older mainline Warriors games

Musuo games hold more than a slight connection to this community since we have an existing spinoff and many of us, myself included, desperately want a followup.

We currently know of the following in development:

Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires (ignore the possibility of XL when answering the poll).

Samurai Warriors 5 (ignore the likely/guaranteed XL or Empires followup when answering the poll)

HW Age of Calamity DLC

So what do you think is next?

Do you think we'll get the FE Warriors followup of our dreams?

Do you think we'll get a new Nintendo Warriors game, like Xenoblade or Golden Sun?

Do you think we'll get a spinoff for an anime, like My Hero Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc.?

Do you think we'll get a new non-Nintendo licensed game spinoff, like a Tales, Trails, Ys, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, etc.?

Do you think they'll announce a 3rd mainline pillar of the Musuo genre, with a new setting such as Arthurian legend, European history, ancient Middle Eastern wars, Korean wars, etc.?

Or do you think the jaded nostalgia-goggles fans on the Dynasty Warriors subreddit will get the remasters of DW 3-5 that they want so strongly?

Throw in your vote and share your wishes.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Considering how big a financial success Age of Calamity was for them, I predict that they're going to keep milking it for a little while at least. As you said, they've already announced one smaller expansion pass that's basically two new characters and some new levels, and my prediction is that it won't be the last one; a second expansion will be announced before they announce anything else.

I hope that at least one expansion of the game will be an "original timeline" campaign where we actually get the direct prequel to Breath of the Wild that was advertised, but I don't think that's very likely to happen. 

Just now, ciphertul said:

Hey, I think next would be Dynasty Warriors 9 Extreme Legends, but that isn't an option. We seem to always get both a Empires and XL version so my money us on that.

Just like SW 5 XL/Empires, ignore that possibility on the poll. 9 XL may be an exception, as 9 was (rightly) received so badly that even 9 Empires won't be using its open world format. As such, an XL would be harder to justify - XL being a content add on to the base game.

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

Just like SW 5 XL/Empires, ignore that possibility on the poll. 9 XL may be an exception, as 9 was (rightly) received so badly that even 9 Empires won't be using its open world format. As such, an XL would be harder to justify - XL being a content add on to the base game.

Then that is something your should clarify as it comes across as you mean that for Samurai Warriors 5 and not Dynasty Warriors.

52 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Then that is something your should clarify as it comes across as you mean that for Samurai Warriors 5 and not Dynasty Warriors.

Yeah, I'll add it to the description. 

TBH, it didn't even come to mind because I don't want to think of them wasting even more time on one of the worst games of all time. As is, I think DW9 Empires is just them retroactively adding the new DW9 characters into the 8 Empires engine to cynnically monetize them. Then double dip with DW10 in a couple years.

Xeno Warriors would be something I'd care for. The likely cast, with a base roster of 19 using past games as precedents, being, as things currently stand with the franchise.:

Spoiler

XC1

1. Shulk
  2. Fiora
  3. Melia
  4. Dunban
  5. Riki
  6. Reyn
  7. Sharla
  8. Metal Face

XC2:

1. Rex & MyPy
  2. Nia & Dromarch
  3. Tora & Poppi
  4. Morag & Brighid
  5. Zeke & Pandoria
  6. Jin
  7. Malos

XCX:

1. Elma

Xenosaga: 

1. KOS-MOS
  2. T-ELOS

+1 Playable Original Character to provide just enough cement for the world of the crossover. The OC villain can remain unplayable.

Paid DLC:

1. Lora & Haze- For a 100% Torna representative.
  2. Lora & Jin- Because I've already made Lora with Haze, why not give her the option of working with the Jin model thats already going to exist too? They can make the duo work differently than solo Jin, leave his awesome Abz to his one man showing, and emphasize the tag-teaming.
  3. Catalyst Scimitar- We need them.
  4. Lao- Important to XCX, but I can't squeeze them into the base game.
  5. Egil- Somebody has to be Xenoblade 1 DLC.

was going to add Lin, but I opted to send her the way of the Lone Hero. That way, I could fit Reyn and Sharla for a complete XC1 playable roster included. 

I was intending to leave Mad Taunt and My Rifle Is Getting Hotter to die trapped in interdimensional space due to failure to properly phase-transition when the world merge happens. And instead, I would've given XC1 and 2 an equal number of characters in the base roster by including the XC1 DLC character in the starting set and replacing them with someone else who I hadn't thought of. I feel that I should to include or leave out R&S as a package deal, it would be awkward if they weren't. And Tora and Nia being around mean I'm not being biased against tanks and healers.

I considered making Lin DLC by excluding Lora's first pairing, but I opted to strengthen Torna's representation instead.

This said, as for what Koei Tecmo actually does next...

• Dynasty Warriors needs to be carefully reconsidered, I don't see them touching that for a while.
  • Samurai Warriors getting a reboot right now, so it's fine.
  • Warriors Orochi 5 is hindered by 4 not having done too well I think, and it wouldn't have enough new stuff to add without new additions from mainline Musou.
  • Warriors All-Stars... how many "all-stars" does Koei really have?
  • Fire Emblem Warriors...
    • FEW2 as a grand intraseries crossover is possible given the roster deficiencies of the first game.
    • FEW: What Happened After White Clouds Was Actually A Great War Where 20% of Fodlan's Entire Population Died And Things Ended In A Stalemate That Created The Wrongful Impression That Nothing Happened Until Byleth's Return, No This Is Not A Retcon is a 3H specific possibility. Takes advantage of reusable assets and 3H's popularity.
  • Pirate Warriors 4 I thought I saw sold poorly compared to prior entries. 
  • HW1 was pretty packed with representation, so no intraseries representation issues. AoC is already getting DLC, so I don't see HW needing more.
  • New licensed spinoffs or mainline Musous are something I can't possibly guess at.
  • For remasters, I'll take a Dynasty Warriors 2-5 HD bundle, the full set of the old games. Maybe Warriors Orochi 1&2 and SW 1&2 HD bundles.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Xeno Warriors would be something I'd care for. The likely cast, with a base roster of 19 using past games as precedents, being, as things currently stand with the franchise.:

Hide contents

XC1

1. Shulk
  2. Fiora
  3. Melia
  4. Dunban
  5. Riki
  6. Reyn
  7. Sharla
  8. Metal Face

XC2:

1. Rex & MyPy
  2. Nia & Dromarch
  3. Tora & Poppi
  4. Morag & Brighid
  5. Zeke & Pandoria
  6. Jin
  7. Malos

XCX:

1. Elma

Xenosaga: 

1. KOS-MOS
  2. T-ELOS

+1 Playable Original Character to provide just enough cement for the world of the crossover. The OC villain can remain unplayable.

Paid DLC:

1. Lora & Haze- For a 100% Torna representative.
  2. Lora & Jin- Because I've already made Lora with Haze, why not give her the option of working with the Jin model thats already going to exist too? They can make the duo work differently than solo Jin, leave his awesome Abz to his one man showing, and emphasize the tag-teaming.
  3. Catalyst Scimitar- We need them.
  4. Lao- Important to XCX, but I can't squeeze them into the base game.
  5. Egil- Somebody has to be Xenoblade 1 DLC.

was going to add Lin, but I opted to send her the way of the Lone Hero. That way, I could fit Reyn and Sharla for a complete XC1 playable roster included. 

I was intending to leave Mad Taunt and My Rifle Is Getting Hotter to die trapped in interdimensional space due to failure to properly phase-transition when the world merge happens. And instead, I would've given XC1 and 2 an equal number of characters in the base roster by including the XC1 DLC character in the starting set and replacing them with someone else who I hadn't thought of. I feel that I should to include or leave out R&S as a package deal, it would be awkward if they weren't. And Tora and Nia being around mean I'm not being biased against tanks and healers.

I considered making Lin DLC by excluding Lora's first pairing, but I opted to strengthen Torna's representation instead.

This said, as for what Koei Tecmo actually does next...

• Dynasty Warriors needs to be carefully reconsidered, I don't see them touching that for a while.
  • Samurai Warriors getting a reboot right now, so it's fine.
  • Warriors Orochi 5 is hindered by 4 not having done too well I think, and it wouldn't have enough new stuff to add without new additions from mainline Musou.
  • Warriors All-Stars... how many "all-stars" does Koei really have?
  • Fire Emblem Warriors...
    • FEW2 as a grand intraseries crossover is possible given the roster deficiencies of the first game.
    • FEW: What Happened After White Clouds Was Actually A Great War Where 20% of Fodlan's Entire Population Died And Things Ended In A Stalemate That Created The Wrongful Impression That Nothing Happened Until Byleth's Return, No This Is Not A Retcon is a 3H specific possibility. Takes advantage of reusable assets and 3H's popularity.
  • Pirate Warriors 4 I thought I saw sold poorly compared to prior entries. 
  • HW1 was pretty packed with representation, so no intraseries representation issues. AoC is already getting DLC, so I don't see HW needing more.
  • New licensed spinoffs or mainline Musous are something I can't possibly guess at.
  • For remasters, I'll take a Dynasty Warriors 2-5 HD bundle, the full set of the old games. Maybe Warriors Orochi 1&2 and SW 1&2 HD bundles.

Actually, OPPW4 sold a million copies, matching FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors. One Piece is a big money spinner for them. That said, I hope they give it a rest for a while. It's on FOUR entries. Let something else have a shot.

As for a Xeno warriors, I'm kind of hoping they move away from a Driver/Blade system or let any two characters pair up like a driver/blade would. The chance to play Aegaeon or Jin by themselves is so much more appealing to me than playing as their driver while being passively supported by them. Just like Smash, I don't want to play Rex - I want to play Pyra/Mythra.

With 3H Warriors, I'm increasingly falling in love with the idea of a non-canon Golden Route featuring the Ashen Wolves uniting everyone. Koei does prefer this kind of plot for their spinoff Warriors games.

It probably won't be a new Warriors Orochi 5. Samurai Warriors 5 isn't even out yet and I suspect they want to pair it with the Dynasty Warriors 10 incarnation to avoid the trainwreck of DW9 altogether. 

Fire Emblem Warriors 2 seems like a safe bet. The first game sold well and unlike what the marketing department may have expected Fire Emblem is still going strong as a franchise. The Fates/Awakening era wasn't a fluke and so marketing executives are more likely to decide that more work is still to be done. 

I could see a Mario Warriors somewhere down the line. With Warriors and Nintendo's second most prominent franchise being such a success I can imagine that Koei and Nintendo executives would be drooling at the prospect of pairing Warriors with the most prominent Nintendo franchise. The same would go for Pokemon. Then again Nintendo is likely a bit more protective with Mario and Pokemon than they are with Zelda. 

Warriors Orochi 5 is hindered by 4 not having done too well I think, and it wouldn't have enough new stuff to add without new additions from mainline Musou.

Yes but that's Koei's own fault for having taken the piss with that one. With Warriors Orochi 3 it seemed clear the team were gunning for their magnus opus. With Warriors Orochi 4 it was just as clear that they were simply gunning to comply with a note from the marketing department. A Warriors Orochi with more effort put into it could still be a success. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Other than DW7 on switch, have they ever remaster older mainline Musou game?

Personally I think they are looking for new IP to expand on, as FE is the only title that can be squeezed for a sequel, and trying to come out with an original story and setting to fit multiple FE series into one might be too much of a nuance for them. So far the furthest they went with original story that isn't Warriors Orochi, is FE Warriors, it's even the same old "ppl from different world got dragged into another world by somebody". Age of Calamity is based on lore from a single game, mainline is based on historical novel, and stuff like Pirate Warriors and Attack on titan simply follows their source materials as close as possible with some added content.

I wish they would continue Gundam Warriors but that franchise is getting more and more niche now. Black Clover has potential to be made into Musou game, since many characters have some sort of attacking moves with variety like One Piece, and there aren't too many well known games based on that IP yet.  

3 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Black Clover has potential to be made into Musou game, since many characters have some sort of attacking moves with variety like One Piece, and there aren't too many well known games based on that IP yet.  

I could actually see a Black Clover Warriors game in that I at least can see a lot of the different characters as different fighters (some of these examples involve spoilers):

Spoiler

Asta would be a heavy-hitting melee character, with his big advantage being that his swords can nullify enemy magic; ignoring magic defenses and nullifying attacks. He can also transform into Black Asta: coating himself in anti-magic and enabling him to fly towards opponents with large amounts of magic (for this game, that would be field bosses). 

Yuno would mainly be a maneuverable ranged fighter with lots of wind magic. He can be supported by Sylph and can even combine with her using a transformation called Spirit Dive; giving him far stronger attacks as well as a wind sword.

Noelle would be something of a mighty glacier; able to protect herself and allies with domes of water magic and unleash very powerful water magic attacks.

Yami's attacks would require a bit of windup due to Dark Magic's slow casting speed, but he can anticipate attacks through ki-sensing. 

Vangeance would have World Tree magic with an extremely wide area of effect, but compensates by being something of a sitting duck while casting it. He can have Patry take over to instead become a fragile speedster with very fast and very strong light magic. Vangeance is a stationary fighter while Patry moves around a lot at high speed.

Julius would be a post-game character with incredible power thanks to his time magic: anticipation, what seems to be teleportation but is actually just him moving around with time magic, as well as one-hit KO moves that steal an opponent's time; adding it to his amount of time that he has for spells.

But, there is one thing I'm having trouble seeing, and that's the hundreds upon hundreds of faceless goons for the fighters to bring down like it's nothing. Black Clover doesn't really have any mobs of enemies that would really fit; the Eye of the Midnight Sun are the main villains of the first main saga and they have only 54 members: 50 humans, the Third Eye, and Licht. I suppose there's the Diamond Kingdom and the Spade Kingdom forces, but the manga isn't even done the arc where they fight the Spade Kingdom yet, so that just leaves the Diamond Kingdom. But the Diamond Kingdom, while a recurring foe, were never really the biggest threat. Only two of their appearances would be large-scale enough for a Warriors game, and both happen in the same arc.

Heck, if we wanna see a Warriors based off of anime then I would love to see an Overlord Warriors. It would easily fit the narrative of the story too. 

However I would still love to see a proper “Waifu Warriors” game. Touhou or Eiyuu Senki would be a good pick for it.

Hard for me to say what I think will be next, but I know I'd love to see a Final Fantasy Warriors that revolves around a set of four original protagonists traveling from their world to various other Final Fantasy worlds and interacting with various heroes and villains from those worlds, the majority of which are playable. As is usual for Musou-style games, the playable warriors battle hordes of monsters, enemy soldiers, and bosses. The four original protagonists along with a handful of other warriors could have access to job changing and different weapon types, while the majority are job- and weapon-locked.

Weapon types include both general and personal. General weapon types available to multiple warriors include Axe, Bell, Book, Bow, Boomerang, Dagger, Hammer, Harp, Katana, Rod, Spear, Sword, Staff, and Whip. Personal weapon types exclusive to specific warriors include Fiendish Greatsword (Garland), Merc's Greatsword (Cloud), Gun-Arm (Barret), Long Katana (Sephiroth), Fixed Gunblade (Squall, Seifer), Blaster Edge (Rinoa), Shotgun (Irvine), Machine Gun (Laguna), Twin Daggers (Zidane), and Morph Gunblade (Lightning).

Magic elements include Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Water, Wind, Holy, and Dark, along with possible others like Life, Poison, Time, and Gravity. Life would be a new element designed to represent not only restorative magic such as Cure but also magic related to plants, fungi, and animals.

Edited by Lord_Brand

On 3/15/2021 at 6:14 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Much as I want a Dissidia Warriors, every OC is one less FF character who gets into the game. DQ, which is just as big as FF, got by with 2 OCs - one male and one female - and that seems to be more or less standard for Koei.

Hyrule Warriors had 5 OCs total: Lana, Cia, Volga, Wizzro, and Linkle.

The four I've suggested basically stand in for the heroes of FF1, who would essentially be OCs anyway since they don't have a developed personality of their own (see Dissidia's Warrior of Light). Thus I'd suggest that FF1 be repped by established characters such as Princess Sarah and Garland.

6 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Hyrule Warriors had 5 OCs total: Lana, Cia, Volga, Wizzro, and Linkle.

The four I've suggested basically stand in for the heroes of FF1, who would essentially be OCs anyway since they don't have a developed personality of their own (see Dissidia's Warrior of Light). Thus I'd suggest that FF1 be repped by established characters such as Princess Sarah and Garland.

Zelda also has a very small cast for its budget, and they were intentionally avoiding any characters from the Capcom games.

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Zelda also has a very small cast for its budget, and they were intentionally avoiding any characters from the Capcom games.

Maybe it started with one, but after all the DLC, HW had 31 fighters total, which is about on par for your average DW game if I'm not mistaken. I know about the whole Capcom situation; it's a crying shame, the Oracles and their villains would have made fun playable characters.

I'm aware that FF Warriors would probably end up being basically Dissidia Warriors, but the prospect of only getting the lead hero and villain of each game bores me as those characters already have plenty of exposure, I want to see more secondary characters join the roster. Like, I get wanting to fight hordes of monsters and soldiers as Cloud and Sephiroth, but what about Barret and Tifa, or even the Turks? How about playing Locke, Celes, and Shadow as well as Terra and Kefka? Or Garnet, Steiner, and Vivi as well as Zidane and Kuja?

Heck, some of those characters are already part of the Dissidia roster, so if FFW turns out to be Dissidia Warriors, they at the very least can use the roster from, say, Dissidia NT, which has a total of 38 playable fighters, after DLC is taken into account, and just so happens to have been developed by Team Ninja.

Regardless of the character selection, a Final Fantasy Warriors just feels so freaking obvious. And the series has so much material that would work perfectly for a Musou title. How has it not happened yet?

Edited by Lord_Brand

3 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Maybe it started with one, but after all the DLC, HW had 31 fighters total, which is about on par for your average DW game if I'm not mistaken. I know about the whole Capcom situation; it's a crying shame, the Oracles and their villains would have made fun playable characters.

I'm aware that FF Warriors would probably end up being basically Dissidia Warriors, but the prospect of only getting the lead hero and villain of each game bores me as those characters already have plenty of exposure, I want to see more secondary characters join the roster. Like, I get wanting to fight hordes of monsters and soldiers as Cloud and Sephiroth, but what about Barret and Tifa, or even the Turks? How about playing Locke, Celes, and Shadow as well as Terra and Kefka? Or Garnet, Steiner, and Vivi as well as Zidane and Kuja?

Heck, some of those characters are already part of the Dissidia roster, so if FFW turns out to be Dissidia Warriors, they at the very least can use the roster from, say, Dissidia NT, which has a total of 38 playable fighters, after DLC is taken into account, and just so happens to have been developed by Team Ninja.

What I was saying was that the Zelda franchise itself isn't swimming in characters. FF is. HW got to 31 with multiple Links and 5 OCs. Imagine if FE with its 700 characters to pull from had 5 OCs and 3 versions of Marth in its roster and try to keep yourself from choking in outrage at the notion like I am.

Wanting 4 OCs essentially reduces the chance of getting non-protagonist and non-lead villain characters. You only have so many roster slots and it is a zero sum game. Work spent on x is work not spent on y. I'd rather say Tifa and Auron made the cut over "original character number 1347, do not steal."

38 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Or Garnet, Steiner, and Vivi as well as Zidane and Kuja?

Vivi's absence was especially noteworthy. Everyone loves Vivi and he's directly styled after one of the most iconic designs in the series. When some games got additional characters in Dissidia 2 Vivi should have been first in line. 

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Vivi's absence was especially noteworthy. Everyone loves Vivi and he's directly styled after one of the most iconic designs in the series. When some games got additional characters in Dissidia 2 Vivi should have been first in line. 

Vivi isn't my favorite iteration of the Black Mage, but I'll take him over Quina Quen, Eiko, or Amarant.

Speaking of Black Mage, I could handle them adapting the other five jobs from FF1 like they did the Warrior of Light, but I still think a quartet of true OCs from their own world would do well as the lead protagonists. Though since FF loves it some lead couples, I guess they could trim it down to a pair of OCs, like a guy and a girl, maybe with a chocobo and moogle as companions.

• 4 months later...

Bumping because with the completion of SW5 and likely all of its dlc (slated to release all dlc in few weeks), an entire team is set to move/has moved on to a new game. Age of Calamity's dlc will probably finish development in September/October for its November release window. And DW9 Empires is still set to release this year.

I have been informed that there is a dedicated DW team and a dedicated SW team - no dedicated spinoff team. Members of either/both teams can come together to make spinoffs, possibly bringing in Team Ninja. What this means for us is that Samurai Warriors 5's team is now moved onto something, and that something isn't DW9E.

Any updated opinions? I'm thinking My Hero Academia is more likely now that a My Hero Ultra Rumble trademark was placed (this could be anything though).

I was just saying to my fam the other day that a MHA Musou game would work perfectly, with each playable character getting some kind of quirk-related gimmick. Of course Deku and All Might would end up being two of the best playable characters, but Bakugo and Todoroki by all rights should be comparable as well. Some, like Tentacole and Invisible Girl, could be tricky to build movesets for though, as their Quirks don't exactly lend themselves to flashy attacks. If I were to guess a starting roster of, say, 20-30:

Spoiler
  1. Deku
  2. All Might
  3. Dynamight
  4. Shoto
  5. Eraser Head
  6. Uravity
  7. Ingenium
  8. Creati
  9. Froppy
  10. Red Riot
  11. Chargebolt
  12. Earphone Jack
  13. Tsukuyomi
  14. Present Mic
  15. Gran Torino
  16. Endeavor
  17. Best Jeanist
  18. Midnight
  19. Mt. Lady
  20. Shigaraki
  21. Kurogiri
  22. Stain
  23. Dabi
  24. Toga
  25. Muscular
  26. Twice
  27. All for One

My proposed roster would cover most of the notable names up to the Hideout Raid Arc. DLC could add heroes and villains from later arcs, like Grand, Gale Force, Camie, Lemillion, and Overhaul. Although, it's perfectly possible the game would be set in an original story independent of the manga and anime, and thus the character selection wouldn't be tied to specific arcs.

3 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I was just saying to my fam the other day that a MHA Musou game would work perfectly, with each playable character getting some kind of quirk-related gimmick. Of course Deku and All Might would end up being two of the best playable characters, but Bakugo and Todoroki by all rights should be comparable as well. Some, like Tentacole and Invisible Girl, could be tricky to build movesets for though, as their Quirks don't exactly lend themselves to flashy attacks. If I were to guess a starting roster of, say, 20-30:

Hide contents
  1. Deku
  2. All Might
  3. Dynamight
  4. Shoto
  5. Eraser Head
  6. Uravity
  7. Ingenium
  8. Creati
  9. Froppy
  10. Red Riot
  11. Chargebolt
  12. Earphone Jack
  13. Tsukuyomi
  14. Present Mic
  15. Gran Torino
  16. Endeavor
  17. Best Jeanist
  18. Midnight
  19. Mt. Lady
  20. Shigaraki
  21. Kurogiri
  22. Stain
  23. Dabi
  24. Toga
  25. Muscular
  26. Twice
  27. All for One

My proposed roster would cover most of the notable names up to the Hideout Raid Arc. DLC could add heroes and villains from later arcs, like Grand, Gale Force, Camie, Lemillion, and Overhaul. Although, it's perfectly possible the game would be set in an original story independent of the manga and anime, and thus the character selection wouldn't be tied to specific arcs.

Your roster needs Hawks. I would play the Hell out of Hawks, alongside Ingenium, Eraser Head, and Tsukuyomi, of course.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Your roster needs Hawks. I would play the Hell out of Hawks, alongside Ingenium, Eraser Head, and Tsukuyomi, of course.

I was focused on characters who feature prominently in the story up to the Hideout Raid Arc. Hawks makes his debut after that, so I'd plan him as DLC alongside characters like Lemillion and Overhaul. That's provided of course that the game adapts arcs of the TV series and isn't a 100% original story, which it very well could be. For a story that is 100% original, I would probably make a slightly different roster, or simply add on to the one I already listed. I'd for sure add Gale Force, Grand, Lemillion, Hawks, and Overhaul, and if given more leeway, Maboromicamie and Bubble Girl as well. If I had to cut anyone, it would probably be "secondary" members of Class 1-A like Headphone Jack and Chargebolt, and maybe Gran Torino and Best Jeanist.

I would suggest Real Steel as either a moveset clone of Red Riot or as a skin for him.

And of course there are potential OCs to consider. An original plot is almost guaranteed to have a brand-new villain, perhaps a member of the League of Villains or a solo operative like Stain. OC Heroes could also be interesting. Most likely either pros or students from schools original to the spinoff. Although, what if one of the OC heroes was essentially a customizable hero with the customization being part of the Quirk? They can alter their appearance, their gender, and to a certain extent their powers.

Edited by Lord_Brand