What do you predict the next Musuo announcement will be?

Fabulously Olivier

Next Musuo announcement  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is next?

• Dynasty Warriors 10
    • Warriors Orochi 5
    • Warriors All Stars 2 or other Koei spinoff
    • Licensed spinoff followup (Hyrule, Fire Emblem, One Piece, etc.)
    • New IP licensed spinoff
    • New mainline Warriors IP (Arthurian, Greco Roman, etc.)
    • Remaster of older mainline Warriors games

7 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I was focused on characters who feature prominently in the story up to the Hideout Raid Arc. Hawks makes his debut after that, so I'd plan him as DLC alongside characters like Lemillion and Overhaul. That's provided of course that the game adapts arcs of the TV series and isn't a 100% original story, which it very well could be. For a story that is 100% original, I would probably make a slightly different roster, or simply add on to the one I already listed. I'd for sure add Gale Force, Grand, Lemillion, Hawks, and Overhaul, and if given more leeway, Maboromicamie and Bubble Girl as well. If I had to cut anyone, it would probably be "secondary" members of Class 1-A like Headphone Jack and Chargebolt, and maybe Gran Torino and Best Jeanist.

I would suggest Real Steel as either a moveset clone of Red Riot or as a skin for him.

And of course there are potential OCs to consider. An original plot is almost guaranteed to have a brand-new villain, perhaps a member of the League of Villains or a solo operative like Stain. OC Heroes could also be interesting. Most likely either pros or students from schools original to the spinoff. Although, what if one of the OC heroes was essentially a customizable hero with the customization being part of the Quirk? They can alter their appearance, their gender, and to a certain extent their powers.

Fair enough. I could easily see characters like Lemillion and Hawks being used to sequel bait. As for the Class 1A characters, I think you picked all the right ones. I certainly wouldn't cut Headphone Jack or Chargebolt.

Also, keeping Mineta 10,000 miles away from the games is for the best. He's the only truly insufferable character.

• 2 weeks later...

Well based on information that Olivier presented it seem that the next Musou will be a Touken Ranbu game. Which is kinda sad if you ask me. It’s pretty much a 180 from what I had hoped for.

Yep. Touken Ranbu musou is our next game. Woke up to the announcement this morning.

Given the IP, it's an all male, all swords roster. So, I hope you like husbandos, otherwise this one may not be for you.

According to articles, it will have 15 playable characters divided into 5 premade units of 3 characters. A little bit like the Tales musou for the PSP.

You know what would make for a fun Musou-style title? Crash Bandicoot. No, seriously. That series has a lot of characters fans would love to play, with a variety of stage biomes that could make for some fun maps. After all these Musous adapting Eastern IPs, it's the West's turn to get in on the fun.

2 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

After all these Musous adapting Eastern IPs, it's the West's turn to get in on the fun.

The only western IP that I know for a fact that they are interested in is Star Wars. Which is no longer exclusively held by EA, so it's probably going to happen at some point (probably when they can secure a publishing deal with a larger publisher like Nintendo).