Dolphin - Getting second playthrough characters on first playthrough

Osumnis

Hi, so I accidentally started a new save file rather than continuing from my cleared data, and I am at the point where I have the option to either kill Pelleas or let someone else do it. Seeing I didn't get the choice to spare Pelleas - I realized I made a huge mistake after 20 hours or so of gameplay. I was wondering if there was a way to cheat the game so that I could still salvage the run rather than restarting.

I've tried following the directions given by user fay59 in the link attached. I opened the debug and memory options in dolphin, edited the value (via dolphin) after every second pause to be the value of 2, my save data file will appear as 1 clear, but still there is no option to spare Pelleas. I have also tried a few Gecko/AR codes but can't seem to find one that works. Can anyone help with this?

If it is relevant, I am doing Hard mode on an NTSC version.

Thanks

You can always  try changing the memory for how many times you cleared it while you're playing 3-12. The game loads everything when you start a chapter, so the choices were locked in when you started 3-13. So if you change the value to "cleared once" on 3-12 and then go into 3-13 with that memory change, it might fix the problem.

Unfortunately, I deleted my backup save on 3-12 prep screen when I was messing around with different options... very stupid of me I guess. Well, if there's any other way, that would be helpful, but otherwise I guess I might have to play yet another first playthrough of this game :/

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda late to this, but I'm in the exact same situation right now. I've loaded a save from right before 3-12, and I'll see if changing the memory before the chapter fixes the problem (fingers crossed...).

EDIT: Do you think it would be better to attempt this while on the preparations menu, or during the chapter itself using a battle save?

Edited by sonnet104
Forgot to ask about prep screen/battle save

22 hours ago, sonnet104 said:

Kinda late to this, but I'm in the exact same situation right now. I've loaded a save from right before 3-12, and I'll see if changing the memory before the chapter fixes the problem (fingers crossed...).

EDIT: Do you think it would be better to attempt this while on the preparations menu, or during the chapter itself using a battle save?

I wouldn't do this with the game running. I'd change the data and then patch it through wiiscrubber.

• 2 years later...