Special Heroes - Willful Rabbits

What is up with that Harmonized skill?

That aside, "bunny dragon" got a laugh out of me, and my target is Minerva.  Man does she look mad!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I think Severa, Inigo, and Minerva look good, a part of me is so sad because this is still the worst seasonal theme ever. The bunny costumes, while they mostly look good this year, they're still tacky and I rather see characters in my fashionable stuff. I wish we got Severa, Inigo, and Owain for Halloween or something. As for Minerva, I'm glad she's on. Maybe we'll see Maria get an alt next year?

Cool! WR!Myrrh can be a super tank and run double Spurn, or I guess triple Spurn with Flayn as support.

Edited by XRay

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

Cool! WR!Myrrh can be a super tank and run double Spurn, or I guess triple Spurn with Flayn as support.

Myrrh is a flier and cannot equip Spurn.

EDIT: Right. I forget Dragon Wall exists because it's so generally underwhelming.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hm... Myrrh looks very familiar...
Oh wait, it's because she looks very similar to Halloween Robin, minus a few key components that made me interested in building on Robin. (built-in Iotes Shield, massive Res drop that made running Dragon Wall worth it, Special trigger HP regen) I'll probably try to get her (as well as Severa because why the hell would I not, look at her), but largely just to give my Robin the Atk/Res Rein she wants.

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on how much Res she has to offer, I suppose. Her past two incarnations have had 31 and 32 Res each, so she should be able to run with Dragon Wall decently well when combined with Atk/Res Rein.
Being colorless may make her an ideal tank in that regard, but she does still have to get around the fact that she lacks Flier effectiveness immunity naturally, and running Dragon Wall will mean she also gives up her automatic follow-up, creating a scenario where she can either take the follow-up or Iotes Shield...

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: Right. I forget Dragon Wall exists because it's so generally underwhelming.

She can disable follow-up attacks for one turn, so the Spd check is not really necessary, so all she has to worry about is to just pump that Res stat as high as possible.

23 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Depends on how much Res she has to offer, I suppose. Her past two incarnations have had 31 and 32 Res each, so she should be able to run with Dragon Wall decently well when combined with Atk/Res Rein.
Being colorless may make her an ideal tank in that regard, but she does still have to get around the fact that she lacks Flier effectiveness immunity naturally, and running Dragon Wall will mean she also gives up her automatic follow-up, creating a scenario where she can either take the follow-up or Iotes Shield...

She disables flier effectiveness for one turn too, so you can run something other than Iote's Shield. Plus, with three stacks of Spurn, she can probably handle archers even without it, unless they run precharged Deadeye.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

She disables flier effectiveness for one turn too, so you can run something other than Iote's Shield. Plus, with three stacks of Spurn, she can probably handle archers even without it, unless they run precharged Deadeye.

Pre-charged Deadeye is kind of very much a thing, though. Not super common yet due to availability, but I've run into it a few times before.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Thing about Harmonic skills is that you have one chance to use them (or two with the AR-O structure) and that's it. I suppose it's easier to justify using it with Myrrh/Nah though, since it's highly unlikely that the enemy team will be running more than one or two bows.
The most popular Bow units, that I can recall anyway, don't have a way to fully pre-charge Deadeye either. I think a Slaying Bow, Time's Pulse, and Quickened Pulse would be enough to put such on any unit you'd like, or replacing Slaying Bow with L!Hector to have Deadeye on a unit wielding a non-slaying Prf. Leif probably can between S Drink, Quickened Pulse, and his Brave unit status giving him two hits, but people prefer keeping Njorun's Zeal on him.

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The most popular Bow units, that I can recall anyway, don't have a way to fully pre-charge Deadeye either. I think a Slaying Bow, Time's Pulse, and Quickened Pulse would be enough to put such on any unit you'd like, or replacing Slaying Bow with L!Hector to have Deadeye on a unit wielding a non-slaying Prf. Leif probably can between S Drink, Quickened Pulse, and his Brave unit status giving him two hits, but people prefer keeping Njorun's Zeal on him.

I believe the two units I've so far seen run pre-charged Deadeye were Shinon and Legendary Chrom, both of whom can easily use Infantry Pulse support. I think I've seen a Legendary Lucina running Deadeye, but I don't think it was pre-charged on that team.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Saleh comes with Springy Axe+, Reciprocal Aid, HP/Res 2 and Rouse Atk/Res 3, according to the notification board!

Also yay, Severa and Inigo! Minerva is a nice surprise too!

They really can't help themselves with those [Stat]/[Stat] 2 skills, can they? This is now the third TT unit in a row that got one (and HP/Res 2 is straight up filler, they already gave that one to Natasha as her 4* unlock).

Okay, so, my first reaction is disappointment about IS not theming this a bit more cohesively. However, after watching the vid and letting it sink in a bit, I'm not that upset, and do enjoy these guys. Also, after hearing all those quotes (especially since I ship Nah and Yarne and Nah is a bunny dragon this time) I must admit that Myrrh and Nah are cute. (But why a second set of bunny dragons for two consecutive years? They're multiplying...)

All that said, I'm excited for (and only interested in) Saleh. Glad he's the free unit, surprised he's debuting as a bunny. I guess in some ways I want Inigo, too, since he was indeed a bow main in my Awakening file. Also, his quote. XD "I know, I look ridiculous." That was so good, both the quote and the way it was delivered by the actor! That said, I think I'd rather save my orbs on other banners. I have too many units I need (even just for utility, such as finishing my collection of Valor skills.)

Edit: Oh also, I found it hilarious that Inigo is literally surrounded (well, on 3 sides) by girls on that banner. He must be happy.

Edit again: Also, even though I love Owain, it's kind of fun to see Severa and Inigo here by themselves since I ship them.

Edited by Mercakete

A seasonal banner where you can design any class combo that could possibly exist. They come up with a Lance Cavalry. Bravo. Complete with dodgy art at that.

Severa looks a good unit though, Olwen and Reinhardt rolled into one? Would hypothetically take her over the Harmonic despite my dislike of the character.

Anyway, for the last week or so the only thing I've been doing is collecting login orbs (okay, and picking up the easy 5 orbs from Failanx) for the AHR banner for one last summoning session, so perhaps it's just as well this banner presents absolutely no threat to derail that plan.

19 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

A seasonal banner where you can design any class combo that could possibly exist. They come up with a Lance Cavalry. Bravo. Complete with dodgy art at that.

I mean, they did give us a lance flier as the 4* Focus last year so this is just par for the course for IS.

That said, Narcian at least got great art. 

Edited by Tybrosion

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... Myrrh looks very familiar...
Oh wait, it's because she looks very similar to Halloween Robin, minus a few key components that made me interested in building on Robin. (built-in Iotes Shield, massive Res drop that made running Dragon Wall worth it, Special trigger HP regen) I'll probably try to get her (as well as Severa because why the hell would I not, look at her), but largely just to give my Robin the Atk/Res Rein she wants.

QR seal seems like it should be fine, I doubt she needs multiple turns of Iote's Shield. Between her weapon, Dragon Wall, and a Flayn, she can get up to 74.8% damage resistance, which is pretty hard to crack, especially with 1-CD Noontime.

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

(But why a second set of bunny dragons for two consecutive years? They're multiplying...)

Wait until they get exponential.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Spring Myrrh & Nah have 35 resistance.

Spring Minerva being a lance cavalry is really disappointing and baffling. They just introduced Ingrid and Petrine is a grail unit who in terms of stats, maybe was too good when she's a free unit during her GHB or grail version of Perceval and Sirius. Why? And then there's Duessel among other countless lance cavalry and lance fliers. Spring Minerva doesn't even have a prf lance. Why?

Make her a lance infantry or even lance armor if you want her using a lance. Or go with a staff if you want her holding a stick. Freaking spring Bartre is a sword infantry despite his baton being a bludgeoning weapon which then again, we have New Year's Camilla swinging around kadomatsu and summer Laegjarn casting spells with what looks like an oversized, fat dagger. If it's about avoiding color overlap, blue bow and blue dagger units exist? Spring Inigo is a green bow flier, so spring Minerva could have been a blue dagger, bow, or tome and if any movement type.

Also, they could have had her riding a pegasus and say it's her trying to reconnect with an old friend. At least her outfit looks good. The hat, especially.

As for spring Saleh, well, at least he's a rarer unit type being an axe cavalry as odd as it might be for a sage. It's going to be hard to beat Plegian M!Kris's 37/37 offenses for a a grail or demote offensive axe cavalry and Lex, our first axe cavalry demote since Titania, having a dual phase Brave Axe. Him having HP/Res makes me wonder if he might be closer to Conrad which would work out well since we don't have a slow, high resistance or mixed defenses axe or green beast cavalry with the closest being pirate Veronica & Xander at 19 speed and 36/29 defenses and for a high resistance or mixed defenses, decently speedy option, it's Titania at 34 speed, 25/30 defenses where Titania still has the highest resistance of all green melee cavalry or Kaden at 36 speed, 25/25 defenses.

And I wait for Cherche & Minerva. One day, Cherche will get an alt of some kind (and Charlotte will finally be introduced as her regular self). Thinking about it, a butler and maid banner with Cherche & Minerva would be neat. Cherche was a servant and trained to be a cleric in the past before becoming a wyvern rider with Minerva the wyvern and Minerva the human in a suit would be nice. Also, prince and princess banner. Either Cherche is going to bridal carry Minerva or Minerva will.

Edited by Kaden

44 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Cherche is going to bridal carry Minerva

I guess that is how we will get our first dragon cavalry: Minerva riding Cherche to battle!

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You haven't even seen how Michalis is going to react next year.😛

It's him or Maria now.

Now that you mention it, Maria is now the only female Archanea launch unit to not have any alts. She's certainly an option!

If I were a fan of Minerva I'd be pretty happy about this alt.  She'll probably be pretty decent and of course she'll be easily mergeable.  After looking at it I also really like her art and expressions.  I kind of want her lance for Finn but he'll probably get a prf (Meisterlanze) in several months so I'd rather not bother with that, I'll roll any blues on the initial summon just to see if I can get a copy of her but stop there.

After thinking on it, Saleh might be end up being a fun magic tank cav, which is pretty rare.  And it's Saleh, so...I'm pretty happy about that.

Honestly, the worst thing about Minerva and the spring whitewings is that you can't run them together on a team efficiently because three of them are blue. Est should have been a green mage.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Now that you mention it, Maria is now the only female Archanea launch unit to not have any alts. She's certainly an option!

Yeah, and there’s a reason why Maria has gotten nothing. It’s the same reason that should’ve kept Est from getting an alt.

Also, Sheena is a character that exists. She’s all to easy to forget about, but she still exists.