Jump to content
Fire Emblem Fan

Special Heroes - Willful Rabbits

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and there’s a reason why Maria has gotten nothing. It’s the same reason that should’ve kept Est from getting an alt.

Also, Sheena is a character that exists. She’s all to easy to forget about, but she still exists.

Ooh, yeah. I have a +10 Sheena, I should remember her.

If it worked for Est, maybe it'll work for Maria too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Othin said:

If it worked for Est, maybe it'll work for Maria too!

The fact that it (as in, her mooching off of actually popular characters) worked for Est to begin with was already bad enough. That mistake should not be repeated with Maria.

Meanwhile, the character who by all accounts should've been in Est's spot on that 2020 Spring banner (Sophia, the most popular alt-less FE6 character and definitely more popular than Est) is still waiting on that alt a year later and probably only got her Resplendent as a consolation prize. Even as someone with no personal attachment to Sophia, I can't help but find that just plain wrong.

Edited by Tybrosion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If IS really wanted to, they could've just ... you know, not put in Bartre or Fir or Narcian to make room for Sophia.

Either way, I have no problem with less popular characters getting at least one alt, especially if it's good. Regular Est has awful art and I already have enough blue lance fliers so that I have absolutely no desire to use her. But I actively pulled for her spring alt (even if I didn't get her in the end) because she had better art and was a more interesting unit. Just because characters like Sophia and Cherche and Lon'qu should definitely get alts doesn't mean we can't throw someone like Est or Bartre alts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sleep banner overall. However, I do like Spring Severa's and Spring Minerva's artwork. Also, dang, Duel Cavalry skills are finally a thing, though I can see that B Duel Cavalry would be cancer on Duessel and FE8 Selena.

Will probably try to hope for Spring Severa on free summon (with AHR banner coming up, I don't really have orbs to spare).

Spring Saleh is pretty disappointing though that's expected from yet another grail axe unit (especially since we got Plegian Kris only a couple months ago and we've gotten some good inheritable axes in Steadfast Axe, Deck Swabber, and Plegian Axe). At least he brings Rouse Atk/Res, which was previously only available on Fallen Lyon (granted, Rouse skills haven't been too popular since they're not Joint Drive skills, Smoke skills -- especially Pulse Smoke, or Savage Blow). Let the grail piling continue.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maria is actually one of my favorite Marth-land characters. I'd be happy if she got an alt or two.

Definitely agree Est's spring bunny alt should have been a green mage, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized that Severa's brave weapon condition is a reference to her personal skill as Selena in Fates.

For those that forgot, Selena's personal skill was that if an ally that she is pair-up with (or next to her if unpaired) crits, she will crit as well on her dual strike/next attack. It was very niche since most units don't survive a crit to the face or have barely HP left.

A nice reference, but I would have prefer if the condition was just if a unit acted instead of engaged in combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized how desensitized I feel towards WR!Severa. She is basically a red super Reinhardt, and if she was released like two years ago, I would have been super ecstatic.

Now that we got stuff like TSOIA!Palla, Reginn, and ITM!Lyn, nukes like Shamir and Erinys feel pretty tame, and others like Catherine and Dieck are just outright bland to me. I guess what I am looking for in a modern nuke is no longer just raw combat power, although that is certainly still important, and what I really want is a nuke with more mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRay said:

I just realized how desensitized I feel towards WR!Severa. She is basically a red super Reinhardt, and if she was released like two years ago, I would have been super ecstatic.

Now that we got stuff like TSOIA!Palla, Reginn, and ITM!Lyn, nukes like Shamir and Erinys feel pretty tame, and others like Catherine and Dieck are just outright bland to me. I guess what I am looking for in a modern nuke is no longer just raw combat power, although that is certainly still important, and what I really want is a nuke with more mobility.

I think the worse part about Severa's weapon is her brave condition.

While I appreciate the reference to her personal skill in Fates, the condition is basically a worse version of the Session skills/Tsubasa and Isuki's weapon.

So unless someone uses a very original and totally unique cavline in defense, you are not going to proc the brave part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRay said:

I just realized how desensitized I feel towards WR!Severa. She is basically a red super Reinhardt, and if she was released like two years ago, I would have been super ecstatic.

Now that we got stuff like TSOIA!Palla, Reginn, and ITM!Lyn, nukes like Shamir and Erinys feel pretty tame, and others like Catherine and Dieck are just outright bland to me. I guess what I am looking for in a modern nuke is no longer just raw combat power, although that is certainly still important, and what I really want is a nuke with more mobility.

You cant have more mobility then a ranged cav nuke. I mean Yes Canto offers withdraw, but a Cav is by far the most mobile class. I dont ever consider Lynja because that unit was a mistake. If all units were like her you could just implement an Auto-Win button into the game and call it a day. There is like 0 stratgie involved when useing Lynja, at least with Canto there is some strategy involved. You want such a boring game where every unit is as busted as Lynja? She is a prime example of a unit actually destroying and sucking the fun out of a game. (unless you consider/measure fun by handing everything on a silverplate to you).

I used the free Lynja i got in a couple of modes and i just thought "Why would someone design a unit like that?!?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hilda said:

You cant have more mobility then a ranged cav nuke. I mean Yes Canto offers withdraw, but a Cav is by far the most mobile class. I dont ever consider Lynja because that unit was a mistake. If all units were like her you could just implement an Auto-Win button into the game and call it a day. There is like 0 stratgie involved when useing Lynja, at least with Canto there is some strategy involved. You want such a boring game where every unit is as busted as Lynja? She is a prime example of a unit actually destroying and sucking the fun out of a game. (unless you consider/measure fun by handing everything on a silverplate to you).

I used the free Lynja i got in a couple of modes and i just thought "Why would someone design a unit like that?!?"

No, Ninja Lyn didn't ruin the game. Brave Ike did.

Ninja Lyn can easily be countered. By 3*/4* summons no less. Brave Ike coudn't be countered without the devs literally releasing a seasonal premium unit who said F your damage reduction and F your HP recovery.
Ninja Lyn is still vulnerable to being hit with a strong attack. Brave Ike can sustain himself, and he can massacre as long as a refined Brave Lucina (or unit with Infantry Breath) is nearby.
Ninja Lyn is just a fast Brave unit. One of the best yes, but still just a fast Brave. Brave Ike is what Brave Edelgard wanted to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

If IS really wanted to, they could've just ... you know, not put in Bartre or Fir or Narcian to make room for Sophia.

Either way, I have no problem with less popular characters getting at least one alt, especially if it's good. Regular Est has awful art and I already have enough blue lance fliers so that I have absolutely no desire to use her. But I actively pulled for her spring alt (even if I didn't get her in the end) because she had better art and was a more interesting unit. Just because characters like Sophia and Cherche and Lon'qu should definitely get alts doesn't mean we can't throw someone like Est or Bartre alts too.

Well in this case it would've been getting rid of Est for Sophia.  

I don't think giving unpopular units alts is the problem (that's really cool actually), I think what's annoying is that Spring has had a guaranteed Whitewing alt every year.  Not only does that make Spring more boring and predictable, but unless the rest of the banner is Archanea it automatically makes it lose a bit of that thematic cohesiveness that makes banners satisfying.  Having only Inigo and Severa here is so weird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

No, Ninja Lyn didn't ruin the game. Brave Ike did.

Ninja Lyn can easily be countered. By 3*/4* summons no less. Brave Ike coudn't be countered without the devs literally releasing a seasonal premium unit who said F your damage reduction and F your HP recovery.
Ninja Lyn is still vulnerable to being hit with a strong attack. Brave Ike can sustain himself, and he can massacre as long as a refined Brave Lucina (or unit with Infantry Breath) is nearby.
Ninja Lyn is just a fast Brave unit. One of the best yes, but still just a fast Brave. Brave Ike is what Brave Edelgard wanted to be.

BIke is strong, but Ninja Lyn is degenerate. I am talking from a pure player control perspectiv. BIke has multiple counters, one of them is even a Seal (hardy Bearing) or a Special (AoE Specials). Ninja Lyn on player control is just degenerate and removes any form of strategy. Now I am not saying other units dont tap on to that category too, but Lynja is the epitome of it. The game is in my opinion heading for a while towards a direction where strategy doesnt even matter much at all.

I also said that Spurn skills are a step in the wrong direction. As is now Dragonwall. Instead of buffing Defensiv Specials they opt to release more units with damage reduction bullshit, or units with hyper offensiv bullshit which take away any form of strategy. Just blast everything away into oblivion or take 0 damage from anything thrown at you. Its dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

I don't think giving unpopular units alts is the problem (that's really cool actually), I think what's annoying is that Spring has had a guaranteed Whitewing alt every year.  Not only does that make Spring more boring and predictable, but unless the rest of the banner is Archanea it automatically makes it lose a bit of that thematic cohesiveness that makes banners satisfying.  Having only Inigo and Severa here is so weird.  

Is it that bad? In terms of cohesiveness having a Whitewing each year has sort have been a tradition, not some other random Pegasus Knights. Every other seasonal banner will be a Harmonized banner with units from different games with each other, so that's how it is.

Not saying you specifically, but it's funny how people hate Fates so much, but the only real reason Severa, Inigo, and Owain are associate with each other is because of that game. Technically speaking it is Severa and Inigo, not their Fates versions, so Owain not being here shouldn't have been that much of a shock, from what I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

No, Ninja Lyn didn't ruin the game. Brave Ike did.

Ninja Lyn can easily be countered. By 3*/4* summons no less. Brave Ike coudn't be countered without the devs literally releasing a seasonal premium unit who said F your damage reduction and F your HP recovery.
Ninja Lyn is still vulnerable to being hit with a strong attack. Brave Ike can sustain himself, and he can massacre as long as a refined Brave Lucina (or unit with Infantry Breath) is nearby.
Ninja Lyn is just a fast Brave unit. One of the best yes, but still just a fast Brave. Brave Ike is what Brave Edelgard wanted to be.

I think the unit is ruining the game right now is basically Brave Hector because of his dumb refine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Is it that bad? In terms of cohesiveness having a Whitewing each year has sort have been a tradition, not some other random Pegasus Knights. Every other seasonal banner will be a Harmonized banner with units from different games with each other, so that's how it is.

Not saying you specifically, but it's funny how people hate Fates so much, but the only real reason Severa, Inigo, and Owain are associate with each other is because of that game. Technically speaking it is Severa and Inigo, not their Fates versions, so Owain not being here shouldn't have been that much of a shock, from what I've seen.

Well, it's all a matter of opinion of course, having a variety of characters from different games on a seasonal banner could be more to someone's taste, I think people (including myself) just really like Owain and this trio so his absence feels like an oversight, which is why anyone is making a fuss over it.  As someone who really likes Sophia, I didn't really feel miffed (possibly also because of the resplendent as someone else noted) about her absence last year, mainly because I don't have that sort of expectation of this game (Binding Blade getting a full seasonal banner (sans Est) was shocking enough).  But due to Owain's popularity and heavy association with the other two (even if it's due to Fates), it's easy to see why he was expected to be there.

Also to be fair you can have Harmonised Duos that still feel cohesive to the overall banner.  For instance, if this were an Awakening focused seasonal, it could've been Minerva + Cherche.  It could've also been Lissa + Ophelia (in an alternate universe where Owain showed up), or Owain + Eldigan/Ares (which I was personally hoping for lol)  Technically, Myrrh + Nah still works because it's Sacred Stones and Awakening themed, but idk...it feels a little artificial to me?  I think this is a problem with half the Harmonised Duos so far but the characters used don't immediately feel like they work together besides sharing some surface level traits.  Ninian + Tiki are dragons, wow.  Amazing observation IS. Dorothea + Lene are about on that same level.  Myrrh + Nah I do feel at least would be a little better, as two young manaketes with a lot to live up to, they're pretty similar, but it's not a duo I would've thought "wow, that's exciting!" to.  No offence to people that are of course.

I think future ones should have a lot more contrast, and if not that have an already existing connection (like the other possible Spring 2021 duos I mentioned above).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hilda said:

BIke is strong, but Ninja Lyn is degenerate. I am talking from a pure player control perspectiv. BIke has multiple counters, one of them is even a Seal (hardy Bearing) or a Special (AoE Specials). Ninja Lyn on player control is just degenerate and removes any form of strategy. Now I am not saying other units dont tap on to that category too, but Lynja is the epitome of it. The game is in my opinion heading for a while towards a direction where strategy doesnt even matter much at all.

I also said that Spurn skills are a step in the wrong direction. As is now Dragonwall. Instead of buffing Defensiv Specials they opt to release more units with damage reduction bullshit, or units with hyper offensiv bullshit which take away any form of strategy. Just blast everything away into oblivion or take 0 damage from anything thrown at you. Its dumb.

Is that something you've said?

Point still stands though. I am talking pure player control, and you still can't throw Ninja Lyn at a Raventome, bow with substancial Defense, or just generally bulky unit without expecting her to be killed, and her EP doesn't exist. Brave Ike has very few enemy units who actually scare him, and he is only weak to Hardy Bearing if the foe in question has an automatic follow-up, is sufficiently strong enough to break through double/triple Evasion boosts, and isn't color disadvantage, bonus points if the enemy is disabling enemy follow-ups via Sturdy Impact or similar (Brammimond, Legendary Lilina, both Lysitheas, again Valentine Lif), otherwise Spd Bike doesn't care. AoE Specials are weakened by Spurn, so if the trigger wasn't strong enough then Bike is still alive, if beat up (nothing that Sol or a charged Aether can't solve though).

And again, they've had to release units after he received his refine just to counter him specifically. They made Deadeye just to break through %damage reduction. It's the Reinhardt story all over again.

It's not like I don't agree that Evasion skills are bullshit. But they exist, they're something we have to deal with, and it's not like the tools aren't there. Hell, Ninja Lyn is a solid Evasion skill counter just because of how fast she is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sayyyaka said:

Technically, Myrrh + Nah still works because it's Sacred Stones and Awakening themed, but idk...it feels a little artificial to me? 

I saw some one point it out on Twitter, and most of the other Harmonized Duos had some sort of connection, but this one seems kind of random out side of them both being dragons. There have only been so many cross game interactions in Heroes, so there will be some that feel a little lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sayyyaka said:

Also to be fair you can have Harmonised Duos that still feel cohesive to the overall banner.  For instance, if this were an Awakening focused seasonal, it could've been Minerva + Cherche.  It could've also been Lissa + Ophelia (in an alternate universe where Owain showed up), or Owain + Eldigan/Ares (which I was personally hoping for lol)  Technically, Myrrh + Nah still works because it's Sacred Stones and Awakening themed, but idk...it feels a little artificial to me?  I think this is a problem with half the Harmonised Duos so far but the characters used don't immediately feel like they work together besides sharing some surface level traits.  Ninian + Tiki are dragons, wow.  Amazing observation IS. Dorothea + Lene are about on that same level.  Myrrh + Nah I do feel at least would be a little better, as two young manaketes with a lot to live up to, they're pretty similar, but it's not a duo I would've thought "wow, that's exciting!" to.  No offence to people that are of course.

I don't really expect future Harmonics to be super interesting. Mia+Masked Marth and Veronica+Xander were the two "obvious" Harmonics who had canonical interactions in the game itself, but Tiki+Ninian established that you don't need any interactions anywhere to be a Harmonic. And I don't have confidence in Heroes to make deep character analysis to make more interesting Harmonics, like how Eirika and Ishtar both dealt with possessed princes whom they are close to, and maybe Ishtar could get a new perspective on that. Or you could even get Seth lecturing one of the Camus archetypes like he did Veronica.

Also, Heroes seems super wary of making male+female Harmonic or Duo pairs who aren't already canonically together or siblings to avoid any potential "shipping fuel", so that increases the likelihood of future Harmonics being the same sex. Like how if we were going to keep Nah as one half of the Harmonic, they could've made her partner Nils. He is a half-dragon, like Nah, doesn't have an alt, and is decently popular. But they didn't. And I'm not expecting too many male-female Harmonics unless they are basically unshippable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't really expect future Harmonics to be super interesting. Mia+Masked Marth and Veronica+Xander were the two "obvious" Harmonics who had canonical interactions in the game itself, but Tiki+Ninian established that you don't need any interactions anywhere to be a Harmonic. And I don't have confidence in Heroes to make deep character analysis to make more interesting Harmonics, like how Eirika and Ishtar both dealt with possessed princes whom they are close to, and maybe Ishtar could get a new perspective on that. Or you could even get Seth lecturing one of the Camus archetypes like he did Veronica.

Also, Heroes seems super wary of making male+female Harmonic or Duo pairs who aren't already canonically together or siblings to avoid any potential "shipping fuel", so that increases the likelihood of future Harmonics being the same sex. Like how if we were going to keep Nah as one half of the Harmonic, they could've made her partner Nils. He is a half-dragon, like Nah, doesn't have an alt, and is decently popular. But they didn't. And I'm not expecting too many male-female Harmonics unless they are basically unshippable.

Nah+Nils wouldn't have added a new game to the Harmonic lineup.

That said, now that you mention it, it's interesting that we've gotten 12 characters featured in the 6 Harmonic pairs so far and the only guy has been Xander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Interdimensional Observer @Othin

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Maria makes it in as a bunny next year if only because it seems hinted at in Minerva's Meet the Heroes thing. "Minerva seems to be having a great time this spring festival. I know she cares a lot about her sister, Maria, too, so I’ll bet she’s thinking about how nice it’d be to have her join the fun!" And the art next to it shows Bunny Minerva thinking about Maria. I'd be especially happy if she wound up being a duo hero with Michalis. The Royal Macedon Trio is among my favorite groups in Archanea, and it'd be neat to see Michalis getting along with his little sister. Maybe it's a version of him from after he gets deposed, so perhaps he's trying (awkwardly) to reconnect with his family. ^_^

Also, yeah, not only does Minerva look mad in her at (like, she's forcing herself to look like she's having fun and it isn't quite working) but even her voicing sounded angry in the preview. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Othin

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Maria makes it in as a bunny next year if only because it seems hinted at in Minerva's Meet the Heroes thing. "Minerva seems to be having a great time this spring festival. I know she cares a lot about her sister, Maria, too, so I’ll bet she’s thinking about how nice it’d be to have her join the fun!" And the art next to it shows Bunny Minerva thinking about Maria. I'd be especially happy if she wound up being a duo hero with Michalis. The Royal Macedon Trio is among my favorite groups in Archanea, and it'd be neat to see Michalis getting along with his little sister. Maybe it's a version of him from after he gets deposed, so perhaps he's trying (awkwardly) to reconnect with his family. ^_^

Also, yeah, not only does Minerva look mad in her at (like, she's forcing herself to look like she's having fun and it isn't quite working) but even her voicing sounded angry in the preview. XD

Ooh, that sounds fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Not saying you specifically, but it's funny how people hate Fates so much, but the only real reason Severa, Inigo, and Owain are associate with each other is because of that game. Technically speaking it is Severa and Inigo, not their Fates versions, so Owain not being here shouldn't have been that much of a shock, from what I've seen.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. I recall seeing at least a bit of fan art of the 3 together before Fates existed. I mean, not only are they (or at least were) the most popular 2nd gen characters in Awakening but they also all shared supports with each other and I'm pretty sure they even shared conversations with each other in the DLC too. The trio just forms itself naturally.

On the topic of Owain though, I'm glad he isn't here. Spring is my least favorite seasonal so I wouldn't want him getting an alt here (and makes it easier to save up for Brave Marianne). I would much prefer any other seasonal for him to get an alt in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Othin said:

Ooh, that sounds fun.

Thanks! Oh, and I should mention that in this hypothetical unit, Maria would be the main fighter, dragging her brother along. It just makes more sense to me than the other way around.

Edited by Mercakete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Nah is the lead in the Duo then I would be more interested in throwing my orbs. As of now I am thinking to just use the orbs I got from their tempest trial, cuz it's awakening banner so I have to show support somehow. I just hope this isn't the only Awakening Seasonal of 2021. And a small petty complaint: Pheonixmaster1 Poll on youtube asking ppl who they like the most from this banner and Myrhh Duo is the most voted on at 31%, I guess this reminds me on the whole "only vocal minority voice their dissent" perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Severa and Inigo here makes me think the next Awakening new heroes banner will be gen 1 characters. Though then again Awakening has most of their characters in Heroes so it's next new heroes banner could be held off for as long needed like Echoes.

Banner's a skip since I don't really care about spring outfits. Curious about the next few seasonal banners though since next month will probably be a new theme with a Duo hero on it and the Wedding banner in May will end up with a Harmonic unless they switch things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...