Jump to content
radiantsage

Which supports are the most important?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! I'm currently on chapter 17 of the Blue Lions/Azure Moon route. Since I have the tendency to be a perfectionist, and wanting to complete every single support on one playthrough, I'm hurt to admit that this won't happen this time. Therefore I'm looking to finish at least the most important supports, ones that add to the story and character's backstories and the world of Fódlan more. So, which ones do you think are the most interesting? No spoilers, please!

Note that I've finished all the supports amongst the original Blue Lions students. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do you have recruited and do you mind if they are characters you aren’t actually using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who do you have recruited and do you mind if they are characters you aren’t actually using?

Ah yes I forgot to say that! 

I've got everyone from the faculty, so Seteth, Hanneman, Manuela, Alois, Shamir, Catherine, Gilbert, Cyril, Flayn. From the other houses I have Caspar, Linhardt and Dorothea. (I'd have more but it dawned on me pretty late that I should recruit other students too) 

I also have all the DLC characters.

I don't mind if it's not characters I'm using, since I tend to not use the aforementioned characters much anyways! Just wanna see the supports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, radiantsage said:

Ah yes I forgot to say that! 

I've got everyone from the faculty, so Seteth, Hanneman, Manuela, Alois, Shamir, Catherine, Gilbert, Cyril, Flayn. From the other houses I have Caspar, Linhardt and Dorothea. (I'd have more but it dawned on me pretty late that I should recruit other students too) 

I also have all the DLC characters.

I don't mind if it's not characters I'm using, since I tend to not use the aforementioned characters much anyways! Just wanna see the supports.

Alright, that works.

For a bit of Dimitri “backstory” (Not like character motivation backstory, but interesting things about him and his life before spoilers), his supports with Catherine and Hapi are nice, but I’d check ahead of time if those are time specific as they might be.

Ingrid and Seteth have a great support for understanding Ingrid’s character.

Annette and Gilbert’s support brings Annette some closure on a tragedy in her past, and their paired ending brings things back to the way they  once were (which she wants (and so does Gilbert)).

Ashe and Catherine’s support will give you some interesting lore iirc, but you need to have completed their paralogue before the time skip, so F if you haven’t done that.

Felix and Seteth is great for characterizing Felix.

Sylvain and Dorothea is similarly good for shedding light on Sylvain’s character.

And those are all the ones I can think of.

Oh yeah, echoing the post below me Seteth and Flayn is good.

Edited by Sooks
Seteth and Flayn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely complete Seteth and Flayn's supports. You will not regret it.

Do all of Gilbert's supports since he's an Azure Moon-exclusive character.

Ashe and Caspar's supports with Catherine gives insight into Catherine's background and briefly the Tragedy of Duscur.

Hapi and Linhardt will give you some Timethos lore.

And try to get as many Byleth supports as you can.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have ambitions to eventually see all the supports across multiple playthroughs, then you should prioritse Dimtri's, Dedue's and Gilberts, since they're Azure Moon exclusive and therefore the hardest ones to pick up. Beyond that, I agree with most of the ones already mentioned, but will also add Hanneman/Manuela and Catherine/Shamir. Both are based on relationships that already existed long before the start of the game, which I really enjoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's a slightly different take. If you're goal is to get all supports, I'm assuming you'll be using several NG+. As others have mentioned, getting Dimitri, Dedue and Gilbert should be on a todo list because they're AM exclusive, but if you picked MByleth, I would bump Flayn up significantly in priority for a paired ending with Byleth. Byleth gets +3/5 MT with an A/S support, and she's available on all routes not named CF. It's one of the decisions I've got the most mileage out of while playing NG+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 10:18 PM, Sooks said:

Alright, that works.

For a bit of Dimitri “backstory” (Not like character motivation backstory, but interesting things about him and his life before spoilers), his supports with Catherine and Hapi are nice, but I’d check ahead of time if those are time specific as they might be.

Ingrid and Seteth have a great support for understanding Ingrid’s character.

Annette and Gilbert’s support brings Annette some closure on a tragedy in her past, and their paired ending brings things back to the way they  once were (which she wants (and so does Gilbert)).

Ashe and Catherine’s support will give you some interesting lore iirc, but you need to have completed their paralogue before the time skip, so F if you haven’t done that.

Felix and Seteth is great for characterizing Felix.

Sylvain and Dorothea is similarly good for shedding light on Sylvain’s character.

And those are all the ones I can think of.

Oh yeah, echoing the post below me Seteth and Flayn is good.

Thank you this was helpful! Already know I'm going to cry if I do Annette and Gilbert's paired ending 😢 

Now I'm interested in Ashe and Carherine, wonder what that is all about. And I've heard a lot about Seteth and Flayn I'm very curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Burklight said:

So here's a slightly different take. If you're goal is to get all supports, I'm assuming you'll be using several NG+. As others have mentioned, getting Dimitri, Dedue and Gilbert should be on a todo list because they're AM exclusive, but if you picked MByleth, I would bump Flayn up significantly in priority for a paired ending with Byleth. Byleth gets +3/5 MT with an A/S support, and she's available on all routes not named CF. It's one of the decisions I've got the most mileage out of while playing NG+.

Thanks for the tip, I never thought about this! For this run I'm thinking of pairing him with Sothis though because I didn't do it last playthrough and kind of regret it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your recruitment is pretty bad.

Lysithea is highly recommended for Blue Lions because strong wrap and strong magic.

 

My Azure Moon paired ending :

 

- Byleth and Lysithea

- Dimitri and Dedue

- Felix and Annette

- Ashe and Mercedes 

- Sylvain and Ingrid

- Caspar and Catherine

- Seteth and Flayn

- Gilbert alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest you to do a second Blue Lions run by recruit everyone and I can suggest you. But this recruitment is terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, drattakbowser said:

Your recruitment is pretty bad.

Lysithea is highly recommended for Blue Lions because strong wrap and strong magic.

I strongly disagree. His recruitment is fine. Lysithea is a perfectly reasonable unit, but not so good that it's a mistake not to recruit her. If he needs someone with Warp, he has both Linhardt and Manuela. Unless you're in a heavily optimised situation like a LTC or speedrun the only relevant questions are whether you have enough characters to fill out a complete roster in the endgame (he does) and whether you're using characters that you like (which I'm guessing he also does).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lenticular said:

I strongly disagree. His recruitment is fine. Lysithea is a perfectly reasonable unit, but not so good that it's a mistake not to recruit her. If he needs someone with Warp, he has both Linhardt and Manuela. Unless you're in a heavily optimised situation like a LTC or speedrun the only relevant questions are whether you have enough characters to fill out a complete roster in the endgame (he does) and whether you're using characters that you like (which I'm guessing he also does).

I can't play Blue Lions without Lysithea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drattakbowser said:

I can't play Blue Lions without Lysithea.

If that's what works for you, then I'm not going to stop you, but your experience is far from universal here. Many people can and do play it without her, and I don't think it was helpful to the original poster to imply that she is necessary or that he did anything wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...