Spring Inigo references Lucina’s sibling supports again!

IEatLasers

This was pulled from twitter! 

it’s one of the few references including the line “spring has sprung” being used by both Chrom and inigo, and of course inigo returning to Chrom’s color scheme (granted inigo has always used Chrom’s color scheme so this one is actually not new at all) 

this is NOT proof or anything that Chrom and Olivia is or ever will be canon, but at the most avid Chrom and Olivia shipper in the world I was very happy to see this. 

2D14DC65-6188-427A-A3CC-B14ECE156287.jpeg

1 minute ago, indigoasis said:

I don't know what you're talking about, Chrom and Olivia has always been canon.

If we keep saying this do you think we can trick IS into believing us and simply canonizing it? 

I dream of a day Chrom and Olivia is as obvious as Marth and Caeda 

1 minute ago, IEatLasers said:

If we keep saying this do you think we can trick IS into believing us and simply canonizing it? 

I dream of a day Chrom and Olivia is as obvious as Marth and Caeda 

Abso-freaking-lutely dude! It's basically already canon to me anyway. There's plenty of unique stuff about the pairing that sets it far apart from others (for example: Inigo explicitly stating that he has the Brand of the Exalt in the eye opposite of the eye that Lucina bears it in. As far as I know, no other pairing states or implies anything about Lucina's sibling also bearing the Brand).

I could go on and on about this kinda stuff, but I'm sure you can tell I really like this pairing, too!

I always refer Inigo/Laslow as Chrom's child. Inigo is the only potential secondary child of Chrom that mentions any presence of a Mark of Naga on them. Neither Cynthia, Kjelle, Brady, nor Male Morgan mention having a Mark on them. Also his support with Lucina, Chrom appears. And I think only in his support that the 3rd person appears.  And I always like Inigo a dancer also a prince pair up with Azura/Aqua also a dancer/princess. 

But who knows if Chrom make a harem for himself. "Sorry Robin. But all the females belong to me,a Prince, future king" (except Nowi, of course)

Edited by Hasechi

It is good to know that they still remember the best pairing.

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Also his support with Lucina, Chrom appears. And I think only in his support that the 3rd person appears.

Do you mean the sibling support or their non-sibling support? Because I think Chrom appears in every C-Support Lucina has with her sibling. 

This isn't me saying they aren't related though! Lucina and Inigo being siblings is certainly my head-canon...

Edited by Use the Falchion

6 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Do you mean the sibling support or their non-sibling support? Because I think Chrom appears in every C-Support Lucina has with her sibling. 

This isn't me saying they aren't related though! Lucina and Inigo being siblings is certainly my head-canon...

Sibling support. This post is about Chrom x Olivia. At 3:50 & 15:23 Chrom reappear again in this video :

This just further confirms multiverse shenanigans -- Chrom marrying Olivia could very well be happening in one world while another world has Chrom and Sumia or Chrom and Robin together. It's a nice Easter egg treat for the ChromxOlivia shippers.

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Sibling support. This post is about Chrom x Olivia. At 3:50 & 15:23 Chrom reappear again in this video :

This happens for anyone; but only inigo is canonically scared of bugs outside of this! 
(and the self doubt, comparing himself to Chrom and Lucina, that stuff is all inigo) 

19 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

This just further confirms multiverse shenanigans -- Chrom marrying Olivia could very well be happening in one world while another world has Chrom and Sumia or Chrom and Robin together. It's a nice Easter egg treat for the ChromxOlivia shippers.

The multiverse thing was always the answer but if FE ever gave Chrom a real ship it would be Olivia, probably. 

14 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

These are my thoughts, too. Really, the most obvious Chrom ship is Sumia. Both have a limited ship pool (and are the only ones who don't have every early other unit as a ship option), they have their own cutscene together (where Sumia saves Chrom and takes him on a ride through the sky)... Seems pushed to me. I never understood why people thought Chrom x Olivia was canon. Olivia x Lon'qu seems more obvious to me, since both appear in the story at the same time. (That said, I ship Olivia with Gaius.)

4 hours ago, Lemmy said:

I remember Chrom being oddly protective of Inigo, like asking Noire to watch over him, but that could also have been a sign of seeing him as an incompetent liability.

Chrom doesn’t see Inigo as incompetent. Only person he ever treats that way is Henry and that’s just because he hates puns. 

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

These are my thoughts, too. Really, the most obvious Chrom ship is Sumia. Both have a limited ship pool (and are the only ones who don't have every early other unit as a ship option), they have their own cutscene together (where Sumia saves Chrom and takes him on a ride through the sky)... Seems pushed to me. I never understood why people thought Chrom x Olivia was canon. Olivia x Lon'qu seems more obvious to me, since both appear in the story at the same time. (That said, I ship Olivia with Gaius.)

Lon’qu doesn’t show up at the same time as Olivia at all. 

that scene is a nod to Marth and Caeda but not indicative of Chrom’s entire fate 

Olivia has the most ties to Chrom’s personality and story itself, with both of them also being close to Basilio which is a recurring element (Chrom and Basilio’s strange relationship) 

also, because Inigo is almost undeniably the template for Chrom’s 2nd child. 

The thing that puts Sumia above the others in terms of "canon" to me is the fact that they're shown to be married to each other with Sumia carrying baby Lucina in the opening. Surprised that wasn't mentioned.

Not saying they're the best ship or anything, not trying to start shipping wars and besides I don't even like that pairing much myself, but come on, it's a pretty extreme case of denial to act like Sumia isn't pushed as the "canon" wife by the game over all other options.

Opening is all about marketing and what not, doesn’t mean a thing when the writing direction takes a complete 180. Nobody looks at openings for canon it’s purely artsy and used to sell the game to anyone on the fence. Nothing in the intro actually happens and Sumia is the most marketable bride for Chrom. She’s like a normal girl

heck She looks like me! (She is Cuter not trying to talk myself up, but like me still) 

intro really doesn’t mean anything especially for FE games that have a history of making it intentionally hard to get all the info. Remember RD how you had to do some elaborate things to see all the true cutscenes and reveal stuff. 
So yeah, I don’t think it’s very noteworthy; especially if you stack it up to all the reasons they imply inigo is the kid of Chrom, even from before the game was finalized, it feels like Inigo was always meant to be Chrom’s kid  

Chrom x Olivia is my favourite ship for both, so I'm really happy to see fanservice for those two. Inigo is the best son of Chrom.

But I think some people that prefer other ships will be pissed or sad, to have their preferences ignored. 

11 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Not saying they're the best ship or anything, not trying to start shipping wars and besides I don't even like that pairing much myself, but come on, it's a pretty extreme case of denial to act like Sumia isn't pushed as the "canon" wife by the game over all other options.

Having a cutscene that doesn't even happen in game doesn't mean it's canon. For the heaves sake, the main mechanic of most Fire Emblem games is pairing characters choosing among some options and the developers never confirmed anything outside than one Thracia ship.  

I wish people would stop using the "canon" word randomly cause it often creates disinformation and make everybody in both sides very defensive. It's a easy way to start a ship war even not being the intention. 

Edited by Mylady

8 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Opening is all about marketing and what not, doesn’t mean a thing when the writing direction takes a complete 180. Nobody looks at openings for canon it’s purely artsy and used to sell the game to anyone on the fence. Nothing in the intro actually happens and Sumia is the most marketable bride for Chrom. She’s like a normal girl

heck She looks like me! (She is Cuter not trying to talk myself up, but like me still) 

intro really doesn’t mean anything especially for FE games that have a history of making it intentionally hard to get all the info. Remember RD how you had to do some elaborate things to see all the true cutscenes and reveal stuff. 
So yeah, I don’t think it’s very noteworthy; especially if you stack it up to all the reasons they imply inigo is the kid of Chrom, even from before the game was finalized, it feels like Inigo was always meant to be Chrom’s kid  

You still have to wonder though that out of all of Chrom’s potential brides they decided to make a pre-rendered model for Sumia specifically. Don’t under-estimate the work and effort it takes to make one of those. And with the sheer quality of awakening’s cutscenes that’s no joke. They easily could have chosen to make a model for Olivia instead and give her a cutscene as well(Sumia and Chrom’s cutscene in chapter 3 is titled “Lovebirds” as well). Plus they have more canonical interactions within the story to boot. Sumia also kind of parallels Cordelia in that they are both Pegasus knights pining after him. Difference is Cordelia can’t get him while Sumia can. It’s also worth noting that Cordelia at one point in development had blue hair just like Chrom so there’s an argument to be made that she was originally meant to be the canon love interest but the idea was scrapped. Don’t get me wrong I like ChromxOlivia as well but there’s just as much evidence(if not more) to argue Sumia being canon as there is for Olivia being canon.

Edited by Ottservia

19 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Lon’qu doesn’t show up at the same time as Olivia at all. 

that scene is a nod to Marth and Caeda but not indicative of Chrom’s entire fate 

Olivia has the most ties to Chrom’s personality and story itself, with both of them also being close to Basilio which is a recurring element (Chrom and Basilio’s strange relationship) 

also, because Inigo is almost undeniably the template for Chrom’s 2nd child. 

I said they show up at the same time (in Ferox) not that they're recruitable at the same time, to clarify. Also, in that cutscene, the look those two share seems to be a fateful momnent to me: one of the first times Sumia's graceful and calmly smiling, and Chrom seems breathtaken. As for Chrom and Olivia...I really don't see what they have in common. And Basilio's friends with various people, so I don't see how that's a point... I also don't see what makes Inigo more a template for Chrom's kid than any of his other 2nd child options. In addition, Olivia's the hardest one to get as Chrom's wife since you can't build support points between them until the chapter before the marriage deadline. If she was supposed to be his canon wife, then wouldn't IS make it easier for them to wind up together? Could you please clarify your points further? I'm just trying to understand how you guys reached this conclusion.

@NegativeExponents- @Ottservia

I didn't remember those, but yeah, those are other good points.

@Mylady

I wouldn't say that it's a main part of "most" FE games at all. You can only breed units in 3 games (FE4, Awakening, and Fates.) In various others, yeah, you can get different character endings, but that's hardly something I would consider a "main point" of the games. It's more like a nice bonus, and there are a lot of other relationships besides romantic ones focused on. In fact, in many of the games, a good many of the characters can't even wind up with anyone (and there used to be a lot more limitations on shipping/supports anyway.)

3 hours ago, Ottservia said:

You still have to wonder though that out of all of Chrom’s potential brides they decided to make a pre-rendered model for Sumia specifically. Don’t under-estimate the work and effort it takes to make one of those. And with the sheer quality of awakening’s cutscenes that’s no joke. They easily could have chosen to make a model for Olivia instead and give her a cutscene as well(Sumia and Chrom’s cutscene in chapter 3 is titled “Lovebirds” as well). Plus they have more canonical interactions within the story to boot. Sumia also kind of parallels Cordelia in that they are both Pegasus knights pining after him. Difference is Cordelia can’t get him while Sumia can. It’s also worth noting that Cordelia at one point in development had blue hair just like Chrom so there’s an argument to be made that she was originally meant to be the canon love interest but the idea was scrapped. Don’t get me wrong I like ChromxOlivia as well but there’s just as much evidence(if not more) to argue Sumia being canon as there is for Olivia being canon.

She’s marketable.easily marketable which is even better. 
plus they already had the pre rendered model for a cutscene for her, which had to be her because it’s FE. Pegasus knights have been a staple of the series. It would be silly not to show the main character on a Pegasus; or at least a Pegasus in flight. Fates had a cutscene like that too. Pegasus and FE are hand in hand to some, so yeah it was going to happen. 

Sumia isn’t really pining after Chrom. But Olivia admits to having been in love with him since their first meeting, so if that makes something canon...

(it doesn’t) 

as for Olivia, youre reallt writing a lot off. 
they place her in Chrom’s life just before he has to make the choice. Then the narration says “he knew in his heart who it would be”. Olivia and Chrom have a whole conversation about “this is fast but I know in my heart it’s right” the wording of the narration implies it’s a fast romance (not chroms fiance, like the other 4 can be), but more importantly uses similar terminology to his Olivia support 

but moreso, inigo is and always was the son of Olivia 

Inigo’s concept would have blue and blonde hair, like Chrom and Enmeryn/Lissa. The royal family.  This is true despite Olivia still having had pink hair. 

inigos concept wore shorts and a cape like Marth did. 

inigos birthday is, like Lucina’s, a direct reference to Marth. His birthday is the day the remakes released. 3 children have Marth related birthdays. The third is owain (so chroms family +Inigo?) 

inigo is coded as the third child unit (Lucina, Owain, Inigo) in FEA, and in FEH (Feh doesn’t use the same list order as FEA, so the fact that the three are together both times is a bit strange. More importantly though, it’s only because of connection to Marth/Chrom. 

Inigo is the only child to have a brand (except Lucina and owain, obviously). And it’s on the same side of his body as chroms at that. 

Inigo’s canonical characteristics are the same as Lucina’s sibling (Fear of bugs, Self doubt, compares themselves to Chrom/Lucina, good with swords)

fates and heroes now both reference Chrom!Inigo 

inigo, Lucina, and Chrom are unique in sharing a Blue/Silver primary color scheme. Inigo’s shield on his shoulder is even more silver than the rest of his costume, and mirrors chroms silver Pauldron. 

inigo is one of the leaders of chroms new shepherds, in a position where others actually look to him (future past dlc)

Inigo’s father compares him to Lucina in a scene that only really fits Chrom. 

inigo looks like Chrom which may or may not have been intentional. 

inigo is being watched by everyone to act invincible and keep up spirits since his parents + Chrom died. Why him? Makes most sense for the crown prince to bear the burden, but it’s inigo regardless of that. 

it’s a LOT of little things and a lot of big things 

but at the end of the day, to me, it seems incredibly likely that IS wrote Chrom/Olivia as canon before finalizing marriage candidates. 

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

She’s marketable.easily marketable which is even better. 
plus they already had the pre rendered model for a cutscene for her, which had to be her because it’s FE. Pegasus knights have been a staple of the series. It would be silly not to show the main character on a Pegasus; or at least a Pegasus in flight. Fates had a cutscene like that too. Pegasus and FE are hand in hand to some, so yeah it was going to happen. 

Sumia isn’t really pining after Chrom. But Olivia admits to having been in love with him since their first meeting, so if that makes something canon...

(it doesn’t) 

as for Olivia, youre reallt writing a lot off. 
they place her in Chrom’s life just before he has to make the choice. Then the narration says “he knew in his heart who it would be”. Olivia and Chrom have a whole conversation about “this is fast but I know in my heart it’s right” the wording of the narration implies it’s a fast romance (not chroms fiance, like the other 4 can be), but more importantly uses similar terminology to his Olivia support 

but moreso, inigo is and always was the son of Olivia 

Inigo’s concept would have blue and blonde hair, like Chrom and Enmeryn/Lissa. The royal family.  This is true despite Olivia still having had pink hair. 

inigos concept wore shorts and a cape like Marth did. 

inigos birthday is, like Lucina’s, a direct reference to Marth. His birthday is the day the remakes released. 3 children have Marth related birthdays. The third is owain (so chroms family +Inigo?) 

inigo is coded as the third child unit (Lucina, Owain, Inigo) in FEA, and in FEH (Feh doesn’t use the same list order as FEA, so the fact that the three are together both times is a bit strange. More importantly though, it’s only because of connection to Marth/Chrom. 

Inigo is the only child to have a brand (except Lucina and owain, obviously). And it’s on the same side of his body as chroms at that. 

Inigo’s canonical characteristics are the same as Lucina’s sibling (Fear of bugs, Self doubt, compares themselves to Chrom/Lucina, good with swords)

fates and heroes now both reference Chrom!Inigo 

inigo, Lucina, and Chrom are unique in sharing a Blue/Silver primary color scheme. Inigo’s shield on his shoulder is even more silver than the rest of his costume, and mirrors chroms silver Pauldron. 

inigo is one of the leaders of chroms new shepherds, in a position where others actually look to him (future past dlc)

Inigo’s father compares him to Lucina in a scene that only really fits Chrom. 

inigo looks like Chrom which may or may not have been intentional. 

inigo is being watched by everyone to act invincible and keep up spirits since his parents + Chrom died. Why him? Makes most sense for the crown prince to bear the burden, but it’s inigo regardless of that. 

it’s a LOT of little things and a lot of big things 

but at the end of the day, to me, it seems incredibly likely that IS wrote Chrom/Olivia as canon before finalizing marriage candidates. 

It’s also the best father for Inigo if we wanna pull IniSev into the equation(and considering this recent feh banner well...). In all seriousness though I do agree with basically everything you said here. Like I said I love ChromxOlivia too. It’s honestly my tied with ChromxSumia as my favorite ship for him. I love them both equally.

13 hours ago, Mercakete said:

@Mylady

I wouldn't say that it's a main part of "most" FE games at all. You can only breed units in 3 games (FE4, Awakening, and Fates.) In various others, yeah, you can get different character endings, but that's hardly something I would consider a "main point" of the games. It's more like a nice bonus, and there are a lot of other relationships besides romantic ones focused on. In fact, in many of the games, a good many of the characters can't even wind up with anyone (and there used to be a lot more limitations on shipping/supports anyway.)

I said pair up, not necessarily breeding. There's a difference. I think it's a distinguished feature of Fire Emblem games that is an attractive for the franchise: choosing the ending by pairing characters. So trying to control what is canon with questionable points is not nice at all and creates a lot of problem and toxicity with in the fandom imo

Edited by Mylady

5 hours ago, Mylady said:

I said pair up, not necessarily breeding. There's a difference. I think it's a distinguished feature of Fire Emblem games that is an attractive for the franchise: choosing the ending by pairing characters. So trying to control what is canon with questionable points is not nice at all and creates a lot of problem and toxicity with in the fandom imo

My very first post directly stated that it isn’t canon, and there won’t ever be a canon. 

19 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Seems rather reminiscent of Sigurd and Deirdre... A love at first sight sorta thing.