Spring Inigo references Lucina’s sibling supports again!

IEatLasers

50 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Seems rather reminiscent of Sigurd and Deirdre... A love at first sight sorta thing.

Funny! Tiki says Chrom reminds her of Sigurd. 
and Olivia says she was in love with Chrom since they first met but didn’t act on it as she assumed a prince would never choose her. 

57 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Seems rather reminiscent of Sigurd and Deirdre... A love at first sight sorta thing.

As Awakening is pure fanservice, even the protagonist's pairings are references to the love interests of the other lords of the franchise:

• Sumia is obviously a reference to Caeda;
  • Robin is a callback to Deirdre (and possibly Celica too?)
  • Maribelle is maybe an allusion to Nanna (blonde noblewoman who has known the lord since they were children);
  • Olivia represents Ninian (and obviously a bit of Deirdre, they even marry our protagonist after only 2 conversations!)

45 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

As Awakening is pure fanservice, even the protagonist's pairings are references to the love interests of the other lords of the franchise:

• Sumia is obviously a reference to Caeda;
  • Robin is a callback to Deirdre (and possibly Celica too?)
  • Maribelle is maybe an allusion to Nanna (blonde noblewoman who has known the lord since they were children);
  • Olivia represents Ninian (and obviously a bit of Deirdre, they even marry our protagonist after only 2 conversations!)

Some of these are kinda a stretch from my perspective, but that said this would posit that Inigo is Roy and now I really want Harminozed Roy/Inigo because it would be so funny. 

Edited by IEatLasers

3 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

and Olivia says she was in love with Chrom since they first met but didn’t act on it as she assumed a prince would never choose her. 

I was just reminded of an image.

oh, spoilers for fe4, btw (not so much for awakening)

Spoiler

Chrom is the second Sigurd | Fire emblem 4, Fire emblem heroes, Fire emblem  characters

5 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Fire Emblem logic : All main lords look the same. All My Units(Robin,Chris,Mark,Corrin) look the same

Edited by Hasechi

17 hours ago, Mylady said:

I said pair up, not necessarily breeding. There's a difference. I think it's a distinguished feature of Fire Emblem games that is an attractive for the franchise: choosing the ending by pairing characters. So trying to control what is canon with questionable points is not nice at all and creates a lot of problem and toxicity with in the fandom imo

Ah, my mistake. Hmm but yeah, I don't think anyone said that any pairing here was canon, but rather the question being which pairing is the "most" canon. That is, which pairing IS favors/intended. Though we can't say for sure without IS making a statement themselves, there are some clues which players can glean. For example, though Micaiah and Sothe's ending in RD isn't a sure thing, they start off with an A support. This is evidence that the way that IS intended players to go is to unlock their paired ending. That said, they also give the freedom to players to not guide the characters toward that end. So, while not technically "canon," it is the "most canon" as there are elements within the game which encourage players to go that route.

...I'm just wondering where people are getting the information that Chrom!Inigo has a Brand? I just want clarification and citation, because I don't remember this. From anywhere. And I, sadly, lack the time to go back and do a Chrom/Olivia playthrough.

23 hours ago, silverserpent said:

...I'm just wondering where people are getting the information that Chrom!Inigo has a Brand? I just want clarification and citation, because I don't remember this. From anywhere. And I, sadly, lack the time to go back and do a Chrom/Olivia playthrough.

Recruitment dialogue from Chrom!

• 1 year later...

Hey, just wanted to point out that his right eye is closed too. You know, the one where he supposedly has the brand? 

Also, in Fates, Laslow (Inigo) asks Xander whether he has a brand on his eye that marks his lineage. Though it could be a simple reference to Lucina it could also mean he's talking about himself, since the entire point of the conversation was to kind of imply there's a lot to his character Xander doesn't know about, having changed appearance and all. Also, he seems to be very close to Odin (Owain), which again doesn't mean the world, but he's not as close with Selena (Severa). And if you make him talk to Chrom in Before Awakening DLC, he's got some sentimental dialogue I don't quite remember, but...

The point is I think they're implying something XD

@CherryBomb Hey, just wanted to point out this thread has been dead for a year and that that is generally not cool to revive it for... admittedly a slightly better reason that the usual nonsense people post in dead threads for, but even still not really justifiable enough to do so.

Also that's a lot of near baseless assumption, and I double checked the conversation you were talking about from Before Awakening. It honestly is a huge stretch to say there was anything sentimental going on beyond Lazlow sending a message to Olivia. There is nothing to imply, Inigo is just as ambiguously parented as always.
Also, you can check the conversation yourself, there's no reason to say you can't remember it or don't know how it goes beyond not doing the research.

Seriously, why do people keep trying to revive dead threads, they just get slaughtered on the spot regardless...