Any suggested offensive builds that can one-shot Yuri without him killing all my units?

I managed to be cheese through almost all of the first battle map of CS, thanks to giving Killing Edges to the three main lords and giving steel shields to Cav Dimitri and Warrior Edelgard (personally not a fan of Armoured Knight imo, but that’s just me), to allow them to wreck all of the enemies, even the annoying gauntlet users. However, the one thing that I find absolutely annoying and hard to deal with, is Yuri’s Fetters of Dromi Relic, that allows him to halve any damage taken and gives him high avoid, and with the Lucky 7 skill that he has with the Trickster skill.  My Dimitri and Byleth that have 80-90% hit rates against all enemies, then have lower hit rates against Yuri and almost get doubled, even in player or enemy phase. Help? I swear I have so much trouble on this, even on Normal, and I have tried using many gambits and strats with Ashe, Hilda and Edelgard, but even then, my bad luck lets Yuri damage my Dimitri and Byleth. Also I lost my Claude to one of the gauntlet users unfortunately, and I used up all of my Divine Pluses, rip.

That sounds pretty rough. Are you not in a situation to restart or something?

If your playing on Normal you shouldn't have to Killing weapon everything. I think Dimitri and Edelgard probably hits hard enough with a Silver weapons to one shot most things, or get close to it. Of course the Grapplers are a different story, but chip from range and finish up close should be fine. I'm just saying this to be mindful of your resources and not burn through Killers too fast.

For Yuri, Curve Shot from Claude and Ashe should be accurate and do good damage. And even if he Pavises Dimitri or Byleth, one should be able to take the hits, baring crit, and the other should avoid the double (I'm assuming). You could even use the Creator Sword combat art to be safe and do good damage as well. Then the little ally supports to give +5 Hit could be helpful.

That map is tricky, but it's very definitely beatable even on Hard first try.  By the time you get to Yuri, you're probably in the room with all the terrain that provides super evade, right?  Pay attention to that, it's more common in CS than the maingame and quite significant.  Probably the safest way would be to save some gambits for that room, then unleash - you want to roll in (can tiptoe forward onto evasion tiles with tanks too, sure), gambit some units, and ensure that everyone is either dead, rattled, or not that scary by the time you end your phase.  Yuri has high Charm but if he's standing nearby another generic unit, you can Gambit that unit and ensure Yuri is caught in the blast radius - he can't evade that and will get Rattled.  Then just stand back from where frozen Yuri is stuck and kill his friends.  Next turn, you can throw your whole squad at Yuri with lots of range-2 Curved Shots or further Gambits if you want to guarantee they hit.

Edited by SnowFire

@SnowFire Will a Blaze gambit from Edelgard combined with Byleth’s or Dimitri’s Assault Troop, work against Yuri or no, provided he isn’t on the evade tiles?

And to confirm, yes I am in the room where there are the evade tiles with the grapplers at the front. I managed to take out the grapplers no problem with Edelgard’s Blaze Gambit; the problem comes when I try to rattle Yuri, since he always ends up on the evade tiles, when I try to bait him with Dimitri and the sword guy next to him, and Dimitri either misses or gets doubled, so I have to equip a Killer lance and just hope he crits (which doesn’t happen, but when it does, it’s always when his hit rate is lowest lol). 

I have found that Warlock Linhardt damages Yuri significantly at the cost of giving up Restore and since I lost my Claude unfortunately (playing on Classic, so the next few chapters are gonna be rough, oof) in this map, so I use gauntlets on Male Byleth and Ashe to try and get the job done. Also sorry for the long explanation lol

Edited by Muskaan Mann

13 hours ago, LoneStar said:

That sounds pretty rough. Are you not in a situation to restart or something?

If your playing on Normal you shouldn't have to Killing weapon everything. I think Dimitri and Edelgard probably hits hard enough with a Silver weapons to one shot most things, or get close to it. Of course the Grapplers are a different story, but chip from range and finish up close should be fine. I'm just saying this to be mindful of your resources and not burn through Killers too fast.

For Yuri, Curve Shot from Claude and Ashe should be accurate and do good damage. And even if he Pavises Dimitri or Byleth, one should be able to take the hits, baring crit, and the other should avoid the double (I'm assuming). You could even use the Creator Sword combat art to be safe and do good damage as well. Then the little ally supports to give +5 Hit could be helpful.

I tried playing on Normal, then it was too easy to cheese through it, so I wanted  to try it on hard. The diffculty wasn’t a problem at first, but at the end of the map, my Claude got killed by one of the grapplers, due to the fact that I used him to kill Coco and the other peg knights, and i tried to canto him out of there, and that is where I got screwed there, since I was using a Killer bow + killer Sword bulid on him, to take out the majority of the enenmies and then canto out of enemy range. I also accidently used up my Ruptured Heaven combat art to save my other units from getting quadrupled from the grapplers, after what happened to Claude and I’m down to my last Divine Pluse use, since i rerolled twice and both of them was the same outcome unfortunately. I’m going to try reclass Ashe into a different class from Sniper and Hilda into Peg knight, (even if I don’t get Falcon Knight as her advanced class in CS) and equip killing edges on one of them who is able to crit more often, and if all else fails, then I’ll just equip some steel weapons and hope for the best, since I don’t want to break my Killer weapons before Yuri.

8 hours ago, Muskaan Mann said:

@SnowFire Will a Blaze gambit from Edelgard combined with Byleth’s or Dimitri’s Assault Troop, work against Yuri or no, provided he isn’t on the evade tiles?

And to confirm, yes I am in the room where there are the evade tiles with the grapplers at the front. I managed to take out the grapplers no problem with Edelgard’s Blaze Gambit; the problem comes when I try to rattle Yuri, since he always ends up on the evade tiles, when I try to bait him with Dimitri and the sword guy next to him, and Dimitri either misses or gets doubled, so I have to equip a Killer lance and just hope he crits (which doesn’t happen, but when it does, it’s always when his hit rate is lowest lol). 

I have found that Warlock Linhardt damages Yuri significantly at the cost of giving up Restore and since I lost my Claude unfortunately (playing on Classic, so the next few chapters are gonna be rough, oof) in this map, so I use gauntlets on Male Byleth and Ashe to try and get the job done. Also sorry for the long explanation lol

Wait, so did you beat the chapter or not?  If you didn't beat it, then you didn't really lose Claude, you can just restart.  If you did beat it, then clearly you were able to handle Yuri.

The actual gambit used isn't really that significant.  The point I was trying to get across was that you do want the gambit to *hit*, and it's generally easier to gambit generic enemies than Yuri's high Charm, which makes it hard to hit Yuri with gambits unless you set up a lot of linked bonuses (which are weaker in CS than the maingame due to worse supports).  You can gambit Yuri directly if you have a really charming unit like Dimitri or Edelgard do it, of course, or if you don't mind potentially "spending" some Divine Pulses to get it to work.  You don't even need to kill Yuri with this gambit.  The sole goal is that this allows you to delay having to deal with Yuri for a turn - you gambit a unit nearby from a space that also hits Yuri, you inflict the rattled status on Yuri.  Yuri can't move and is stuck with a range 1 weapon.  You then use that turn to kill as many of the other soldiers as you can and to have frail units be in safety out of enemy threat range when the turn ends (or at least on evasion tiles).  Nobody ends their turn next to Yuri, barring a full-health tanky unit maybe.  Even if that gambit did literally 0 damage, it would still be doing work.  Once Yuri's friends are dead, you can safely set up on him - Curved Shots from 2 range are very likely to hit due to the +30 Hit as mentioned before from Ashe & Claude, and will provide linked attack hit bonuses for melee units that decide to go in after he's softened up.  You probably don't even need to spend a gambit on the "second" turn.

10 hours ago, Muskaan Mann said:

Gambit hit rates are dependent on the user's charm vs. the target's (there is a limit to how high - or low - gambit hit rates can go, though), so Yuri and his 26 charm is probably going to evade it unless someone like Edelgard is using it. As a result, it's better to target a mook for gambit use and have him in its area of effect. By the by, terrain is irrelevant for gambit hit rates.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:52 PM, SnowFire said:

Wait, so did you beat the chapter or not?  If you didn't beat it, then you didn't really lose Claude, you can just restart.  If you did beat it, then clearly you were able to handle Yuri.

The actual gambit used isn't really that significant.  The point I was trying to get across was that you do want the gambit to *hit*, and it's generally easier to gambit generic enemies than Yuri's high Charm, which makes it hard to hit Yuri with gambits unless you set up a lot of linked bonuses (which are weaker in CS than the maingame due to worse supports).  You can gambit Yuri directly if you have a really charming unit like Dimitri or Edelgard do it, of course, or if you don't mind potentially "spending" some Divine Pulses to get it to work.  You don't even need to kill Yuri with this gambit.  The sole goal is that this allows you to delay having to deal with Yuri for a turn - you gambit a unit nearby from a space that also hits Yuri, you inflict the rattled status on Yuri.  Yuri can't move and is stuck with a range 1 weapon.  You then use that turn to kill as many of the other soldiers as you can and to have frail units be in safety out of enemy threat range when the turn ends (or at least on evasion tiles).  Nobody ends their turn next to Yuri, barring a full-health tanky unit maybe.  Even if that gambit did literally 0 damage, it would still be doing work.  Once Yuri's friends are dead, you can safely set up on him - Curved Shots from 2 range are very likely to hit due to the +30 Hit as mentioned before from Ashe & Claude, and will provide linked attack hit bonuses for melee units that decide to go in after he's softened up.  You probably don't even need to spend a gambit on the "second" turn.

Oh sorry, what I meant is that I haven’t actually beat the chapter due to the fact of Yuri constantly evading my gambit attacks and halving damage that I throw at him, even with the linked bonuses from the highest charm units you have available in CS, which are Edelgard and Dimitri. I’ve tried using the steel gauntlets and weapons to chip the gauntlet enemies and sword users faster with Byleth, Edelgard and Dimiri but either they double my tanky units or they manage to hit even with the lowest hit rate they have, even with axe breaker and sword breaker in place (funny thing is that they aren’t even on the terrain tiles that gives bonuses to speed and def. Anyways, after I did what you suggested, I managed to defeat the gauntlet users and sword units, and I DP’d cause Yuri managed to slice Dimitri down, even with the gambit procs rattling him. Thanks a lot for the helpful information Better keep this info in use for the next CS chapters (hope they aren’t as hellish as the first one...)