Silver Snow Chapter 13 Maddening Help

Sooks

The inevitable thread for someone on their first play through of maddening. And another one bites the dust.

I‘m sorry, but how are you supposed to do this?? The entire first section of the map is jam packed with super fast (and therefore doubling) enemies like thieves, assassins (ugh), grapplers and snipers so my wyverns can’t even stay mounted. Everyone has been trained up. Of everyone who joins on the left (Byleth, Seteth, Petra, Caspar and Dorothea) only Dorothea is not a wyvern rider, she is a dancer. Everyone has an offensive gambit, and I have things like the speed ring, Petra with alert stance, accuracy ring, the prayer ring, Dorothea’s rally charm and Thunderbrand amongst this group. Everyone has supports with each other (except Seteth who naturally only has support with Byleth) and yet I just get completely curb stomped. So. Many Enemies.

So, what do I do to survive the very beginning? I can kinda sorta barely make it to the turn after Dorothea, Caspar and Petra join. Yay...

Maybe I should reclass people to not wyverns? I don’t have any super good flying battalions, except Cichol wyvern co but >A authority so no one is using it. Dorothea’s empire magic users is really really good but that’s it. But if my unit’s can’t fly away, they die. I just don’t see how to do this. So many enemies, all of them doubling...

Just fly up Byleth, Petra, and Seteth to where Caspar and Dorothea show up.

Most of the enemies barring the two thieves at the start are tied to two groups that move to attack your units when they're triggered even if they're not in range. They're dived by the North and South, and are triggered by either putting one of your units in the range of an enemy with battalion or if enemy from a different group moves into range of one of them.

So if you pick a fight with the Southren Group, you'll easily be overwhelmed since a Brawler will always step into range of the northern Sniper and cause the entire first half of the map to aggro. If you instead only pick a fight with the Northern group, you can largely ignore the Southren Group as they won't aggro since none of the northern group will wander into their range and instead focus on your units.

Edited by LoneRecon400

50 minutes ago, LoneRecon400 said:

Just fly up Byleth, Petra, and Seteth to where Caspar and Dorothea show up.

Most of the enemies barring the two thieves at the start are tied to two groups that move to attack your units when they're triggered even if they're not in range. They're dived by the North and South, and are triggered by either putting one of your units in the range of an enemy with battalion or if enemy from a different group moves into range of one of them.

So if you pick a fight with the Southren Group, you'll easily be overwhelmed since a Brawler will always step into range of the northern Sniper and cause the entire first half of the map to aggro. If you instead only pick a fight with the Northern group, you can largely ignore the Southren Group as they won't aggro since none of the northern group will wander into their range and instead focus on your units.

Thank you so much! That sounds great. I guess that’s why the entire front half was rushing to the top.

Make use of Seteth's Rally defense. He's no good in a fight, but that's 8 less damage from your attackers, and he was always able to fly to safety. A shield sitting in your convoy, maybe even the Aegis shield from Felix' paralogue is another good choice for minimizing damage. Being fliers should be good, as you can fly to those forest tiles near the start and dismount for the avoid bonus. Maybe even take out the snipers and canto back if they get close. When I went through this, it was pretty much a byleth solo, and I had to fight my way to those forest tiles as an Enlightened One, but a flier could just park on them and dismount. 

That’s all, folks!

fDGjZve.jpg

For some reason I didn’t think that Petra going forward to fight was what was causing the entire map to rush up.

Thanks again @LoneRecon400, flying everyone up and taking the enemies 2 or 3 at a time was how I managed to get through this.