(spoilers, maybe?) Proving that every final boss is a god

Jotari

So many people complain about how Fire Emblem has too many dragon final bosses and praise Ashera and the like for being gods instead. Well I'm here to open ya'll's eyes and prove that Fire Emblem is just standard JRPG teenagers killing god.

1. Medeus, his name is Me-Deus, as in the Greek for god. His name is literally "Me God". He's a god.

2. Duma, has a whole nation worshiping him as a god.

4. The lopt sect outright worship Loptyr as a god.

5. Uh...Veld is...a god by association? No, I can do better than that. Veld can create Dread Fighters, it means he can literally give life to inanimate matter. That is the power of a god right there.

6. Idoun is a Norse god. Enough said.

7. The Fire Dragon...Well can you prove it isn't a god where it comes from? Didn't think so, therefore I'm right.

8. Fomortiis is a demon, which is just a god with bad publicity.

9. Ashnard holds Lehran's Medallion which has a dark god sealed inside. Ashnard is utilizing that power to fight. Yune is the final boss of Path of Radiance.

10. Ashera, I don't know. Probably isn't a god.

11. Grima has a legion of grimleal worshiping him, definitely a god. Also made from the blood of a "Divine" dragon.

12. Garon and Takumi are fighting using Anankos's power, and Anankos is a god of his own realm.

13. Sothis is a god, and Rhea, Edelgard and Nemesis are all fighting using Sothis's power.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

12. Garon and Takumi are fighting using Anankos's power, and Anankos is a god of his own realm.

Having recently watched the Conquest / Revelation endgame on youtube, the latter's final levels was nothing short of breathtaking and some truly bizzare FF-level 'fighting god' bullshit. (I say that lovingly).

i lol'd outright at the Ashera comment.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

5. Uh...Veld is...a god by association? No, I can do better than that. Veld can create Dread Fighters, it means he can literally give life to inanimate matter. That is the power of a god right there.

Wait, pretty sure it was stated that Veld never made the Deadlords. That was Manfroy lending him some. Not sure, exactly. 

But Veld does turn people into stone, so relation to Medusa sort of, despite how Medusa is the creature that Nuibaba made a pact with in Valentia, if we simply go by the case of Medusa's lore, then it still fits with gods.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

lowkey throwing shade I see 👀

7. The Fire Dragon...Well can you prove it isn't a god where it comes from? Didn't think so, therefore I'm right.

if it was really a god, it wouldn't have a generic title and die to mortals. there were also two other fire dragons brought through the portal with it, so it's not a unique "god"

checkmate

8. Fomortiis is a demon, which is just a god with bad publicity.

I like this one, lol.

~ ~ ~

I wonder what else we could try to prove final bosses to be? Some numbskull already took the idea for dragons, so that's out the window.

Veld is a metagame-god. Since he's the final boss of a game that got released after Seisen no Keifu, for the player he's the last remaining obstacle of the Lopt cult if you're playing chronologically (which we know is nearly always the case for FE players, especially US FE players). With Lopt destroyed and Manfroy and Julius dead, he inherits the status of closest thing to a dark god of the cult.

Why not do the BS FEs for these threads? That could be fun.

19 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wait, pretty sure it was stated that Veld never made the Deadlords. That was Manfroy lending him some. Not sure, exactly. 

But Veld does turn people into stone, so relation to Medusa sort of, despite how Medusa is the creature that Nuibaba made a pact with in Valentia, if we simply go by the case of Medusa's lore, then it still fits with gods.

Veld makes Mus, the one made from Rayrdik. Manfroy brings the rest (yes, even the one made from Galzus, who couldn't possibly die in a battle earlier than the one that killed Raydrik, and Eyvel who was in Veld's possession the entire time).

20 hours ago, Guill0 said:

It's the latin for god; The greek is Theos

and even better for Idunn: it's a divine dragon. 

Would you believe I had Latin in there first and then doubted myself and changed it to Greek.

17 hours ago, indigoasis said:

if it was really a god, it wouldn't have a generic title and die to mortals. there were also two other fire dragons brought through the portal with it, so it's not a unique "god"

Would if it were a generic god.

Edited by Jotari