What makes you a legend in FE comunity?

ARMADS!!!

This is a list of some things that makes you a legend in FE comunity, things that you can happily brag about because most people don't do/didn't do. Don't be sad if you didn't most or any thing listed, most people probaly didn't. But if you did something, feel proud of yourself because you are probaly consideres a legendy in this relatively small comunity.  

Obvioulsy the list is not complete, sorry I was lazy to think in more things, so if you want to suggest more things to add (or even say that something that shouldn't be here) i'll be glad to read it and to put it on the list too. Don't forget to tag the spoilers

The legend list: 

if, in FE7, you killed Ursula in Night of Farewells in the first time you played the game (don't lie, in the first time you played you probaly were affraid of her, and just waited for of her bolting tome to break and then prayed that she wouldn't ever move to reach you after this)

if, in FE7, you not only had the courage to attack Fargus, but managed to actually kill him (oh, yeah, even with guides)

If Tharcia was, in some way, the first FE game you ever beat

if you ever beat FE Gaiden (not on easy mode) without warp, or without grinding (I dont even know if thats actually possible)

if you ever beat a FE game only using the absolute worst units in the game

If you ever beat FE awakening in Lunatic mode and kept everyone alive (bonus if you also played Lunatic+ classic and kept everyone alive)

If in you first run in your first FE you kept everyone alive (I'm never going to forget you, Dart)

If you did an ironman run of any FE and kept everyone alive

If you beat every game in the franchise

If, in FE Radiant dawn, you managed to get that super secret ending (it can be with guides, because having a copy of both Path of radiance and radiant dawn already almost turn you into a legend)

If you ever beat a FE game that wasn't translated to english in japanese (so you had acess to the original text instead of a fan translation)

If you beat FE6 9 times, and so you are one one the very people alive who had the chance to play with princess Ginevere

If, in Path of Radiance, you recruited Ashnard

If, in Tharcia 776, you routed Chapter 14 to the point of seeing 0 enemies on the map

If, in Tharcia 776, you recruited Xavier AND got the Member Card

If in FE Fates conquest, you beat Kitsune Lair chapter without a reset or unit lost the first time you played through it on hard difficulty or above.

If, in FE7 you beat battle before dawn without reset nor losing any unit while completing every "sub goal" of the chapter: Recruiting Jaffar, Killing Ursula and Opening all the chests

If, in FE7, you killed Vaida in Unfullfilled heart without losing any unit (well, even if this is a legend thing to do, if you actually did this you lost one of the best units you could get in the game)

If you created a fan FE project that's full-length and fully playable and/or garnered a lot of praise from players.

If you beat Thracia 776's chapter 24x without someone dying and falling for a trap.

If you beat FE Awakening Lunatic mode without using Frederick

So any though? suggestions? comments? share with the comunity! (also, I apologize for any grammar errors, english is not my first language)

Edited by ARMADS!!!

I would also consider stuff related to fan projects worthy of inclusion here, such as creating a project that's full-length and fully playable and/or garnered a lot of praise from players.  Even in the age of FEBuilder with Tactile and Lex Talionis also on the rise, successfully creating a full-length game is not an easy thing to accomplish, and completed projects still make up a relatively small portion of the greater fangame library.

I've done the following (comments in bolded text): 

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

if, in FE7, you killed Ursula in Night of Farewells in the first time you played the game (don't lie, in the first time you played you probaly were affraid of her, and just waited for of her bolting tome to break and then prayed that she wouldn't ever move to reach you after this)

I had FE6 under my belt when I played FE7. Siege tomes in a fog of war map wasn't new

if, in FE7, you not only had the courage to attack Fargus, but managed to actually kill him (oh, yeah, even with guides)

I arena abused Raven and maxed him out using the Hero Crest from the previous chapter just to see what would happen if you beat Fargus.

if you ever beat FE Gaiden (not on easy mode) without warp, or without grinding (I dont even know if thats actually possible)

Focus EXP on Alm and the pegasus knights. Est is busted with enough levels in that game and her sisters are pretty good with less effort.

If you ever beat FE awakening in Lunatic mode and kept everyone alive

Feed most of the earlygame to Robin. Nosferatu.

If you did an ironman run of any FE and kept everyone alive

While not intended as an ironman run, my first time through New Mystery of the Emblem technically fits the bill but it was on normal difficult I didn't recruit every playable character.

If, in FE Radiant dawn, you managed to get that super secret ending (it can be with guides, because having a copy of both Path of radiance and radiant dawn already almost turn you into a legend)

The most challenging part of this is having Ike survive an encounter vs BK in Chapter 7. Bypass the issue by having Ike attack with a card.

If you ever beat a FE game that wasn't translated to english in japanese (so you had acess to the original text instead of a fan translation)

FE6 was my first game. I googled Fire Emblem after seeing Marth and Roy in Melee, knew a lot about GBA emulation at the time and so I found a ROM of the game and played through it despite the language barrier. Played through several entries of the series untranslated.

If you beat FE6 10 times, and so you are one one the very people alive who had the chance to play with princess Ginevere

Did it. Now if this counts, then unlocking Ashnard is an easy addition to this. Haven't done that one.

Other such things I would add...

1. Unlock Ashnard in Path of Radiance

2. Rout Chapter 14 of Thracia 776 to the point of seeing 0 enemies on the map

3. Kill Eldigan in Chapter 3 of FE4

4. Recruit Xavier AND get the Member Card in Thracia 776

5. Beating the Kitsune chapter in Conquest without a reset or unit lost the first time you played through it on hard difficulty or above.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

39 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

I don't think this is very difficult. I did it inadvertently the first time I played. Just give the Brave Sword to Sigurd.

15 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I don't think this is very difficult. I did it inadvertently the first time I played. Just give the Brave Sword to Sigurd.

Yeah and I do it every time I run a Sigurd solo. It may not be and I threw it out there because he's kind of the closest thing to a super-boss you want to avoid dealing with given his high damage and alternative option of speaking with Lachesis.

1 hour ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

I've done the following (comments in bolded text): 

Other such things I would add...

1. Unlock Ashnard in Path of Radiance

2. Rout Chapter 14 of Thracia 776 to the point of seeing 0 enemies on the map

4. Recruit Xavier AND get the Member Card in Thracia 776

5. Beating the Kitsune chapter in Conquest without a reset or unit lost the first time you played through it on hard difficulty or above.

You, sir, is a complete FE legend. 

Also thank you for the suggestions, I'm going to add them to the list. (number 5 give another idea too, "beating Battle before dawn without a reset or losing an unit while recruiting Jaffar and open every chest in the map", I was also going to add to kill Ursula too but seems exagerated I guess)

57 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yeah, I never tried to do this, I mean it's clearly easier to talk to him with Lachesis soooo. I don't know if I should include this one since this post has 3 replies and 2 of them are people saying this isn't hard (if things change, then I add this i guess)

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Community:

Drawn for the FE fandom for a good ~15 years now; an archive of the fanwork can be found here.  Some of you may even recognize me as one of the fandom olds in the creative space from the deviantART days to my personal site. Modded countless anthologies/clubs.  Beta'd an equally countless fics.

Held a torch for Zihark as a favorite character of all time from the very start.

Gameplay:

Beat PoR 70+ times, across all modes (including JP MM), and unlocked all the bonus material. Just finished a run, actually.

There's others, but those are the three that I'm most proud of.

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I would also consider stuff related to fan projects worthy of inclusion here, such as creating a project that's full-length and fully playable and/or garnered a lot of praise from players.  Even in the age of FEBuilder with Tactile and Lex Talionis also on the rise, successfully creating a full-length game is not an easy thing to accomplish, and completed projects still make up a relatively small portion of the greater fangame library.

I agree with this one, creating a fully playable fan project seems to be something very hard to do and is really respectable, I think anyone who accomplish this should be granted a place in the legend podium (and they probaly like to brag about it or at least feel really proud of themselves, I would if I was in their place). For example, some time ago I was reading about FE Immortal sword project and the guys worked on their project for like 10 years, so much effort just to please a comunity, and yet normally these projects don't even earn much praise (as they deserve at least). I think that some of the best "legend things" are the ones who contribute to this comunity in some way (not only related to fan projects, there are also those persons who dedicate to try stuff on the game that no one knows if is true or not to prove their veracity, thoso who do tutorials, the list go on) 

Now just out of curiosity (sorry, I'm kinda ignorant in this matter), all of these FE fan projects are based on the GBA games, right? I mean, I never saw any that wasn't

Edited by ARMADS!!!

38 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Community:

Drawn for the FE fandom for a good ~15 years now; an archive of the fanwork can be found here.  Some of you may even recognize me as one of the fandom olds in the creative space from the deviantART days to my personal site. Modded countless anthologies/clubs.  Beta'd an equally countless fics.

Held a torch for Zihark as a favorite character of all time from the very start.

Gameplay:

Beat PoR 70+ times, across all modes (including JP MM), and unlocked all the bonus material. Just finished a run, actually.

There's others, but those are the three that I'm most proud of.

SEVENTY TIMES?! so you beat PoR almost 5 times a year! Dude, you're crazy... in a great way!

Also, great respect for you and your role in FE comunity, checked your website and its really cool

Edited by ARMADS!!!

14 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

SEVENTY TIMES?! so you beat PoR almost 5 times a year! Dude, you're crazy... in a great way!

Also, great respect for you and your role in FE comunity, checked your website and its really cool

Aw, you're sweet! :D thank you~

Ahahah it's my favorite game of all time, and I tend to go back to it whenever I have a big "life event". Been a little tradition like that.

You should post your own bragging list!

43 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Now just out of curiosity (sorry, I'm kinda ignorant in this matter), all of these FE fan projects are based on the GBA games, right? I mean, I never saw any that wasn't

The vast majority of fan projects are either hacks of the GBAFE games (particularly Sacred Stones nowadays) or otherwise visually based on them.  However, a few completed projects I know of (including my own) are made with SRPG Studio instead, which deviates more from the normal GBAFE formula depending on what kind of game you're playing.

FE Awakening Lunatic+, no death, no reset, no DLC is the peak legend (yes, it is possible to pull that off as you can find that particular run on YouTube).

4 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Completing Radiant Dawn more than 200 times.

fify

I'd add beating Thracia 776's chapter 24x without someone dying and falling for a trap.

Damn it, I'm so close! I failed the trap part.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:42 PM, kradeelav said:

Aw, you're sweet! 😄 thank you~

Ahahah it's my favorite game of all time, and I tend to go back to it whenever I have a big "life event". Been a little tradition like that.

You should post your own bragging list!

Well, my own bragging list? honestly it wouldn't have much yet. 

I've been playing actual FE games for about 6 months (but I play FE heroes since the end f 2018). By now I only played FE7 (i'm on my second playthrough, but it almost counts as a third since in my first actual and unfinished playthrough I lost all of my progress with 20 hours of gameplay after my energy went down because I was too dumb to know I could save my progress in emulators), FE6 and I'm now playing FE4, so yeah...

I think that the thing that I would be happier to brag about (aside from my FEH stuff I guess) would be of a thread I posted in the same day of this one, one that is a list of a bunch of FE7 secret and extra conversations and scenes that you rarely find on internet about (usually on comments of very underground reddit posts and youtube videos, sometimes on FEwiki) , I took weeks to finish the research for the list (ok, I wasn't researching every day, but still) and it already has about 50 stuff in there (I edit the post everytime I find something new). I did that to help the ones who want to find all these extra content in the game (because I wanted to but had to go through hell to know these all, so I just cmpiled evrything I found and posted) but would have a hard time looking by themselves. Seems like something that, surprising, no one did yet and is something I kinda consider important to know about the game, so I did it myself (and I hope it can help the others).

Currently I'm doing research for another similar thread to that one I mentioned, but now it's about FE6. (Also I was thinking of doing one about FE4 and FE5 once I beat them but for these 2 games is waaaaaaaaay easier to find every secret conversation a character can have on FE wikia and even on some posts here on Serenes, so it seems unecessary, maybe I'll do another about Sacred stones once I beat it, Idk).

Basically this is what I can say I'm most proud about (yet, I hope...), I hope that in 15 years I can brag about some of these things on the list or beating some FE game 70 times, who knows.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:23 AM, Zan Partizanne said:

Completing Radiant Dawn more than 200 times.

Does something happen after you beat the game 200 times? Otherwise, beating any FE game (or better, any actual and not extremely short game existent) 200 times should be considered (but I don't think anyone actually do this, I mean 200 times is too much! it would even be unfair to put this one the list)

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Does something happen after you beat the game 200 times? Otherwise, beating any FE game (or better, any actual and not extremely short game existent) 200 times should be considered (but I don't think anyone actually do this, I mean 200 times is too much! it would even be unfair to put this one the list)

No, nothing happens.

Just did it for fun since I'm obsessed with this game.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:23 AM, Zan Partizanne said:

I'd add beating Thracia 776's chapter 24x without someone dying and falling for a trap.

I've done this before. Now doing it without guides on the other hand....

On 3/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

To add on to this, bonus points if the soundtrack of the fan game is original. No using/arranging existing music from the original games or the stock SRPG Studio music (if SRPG Studio is used to make the game), no using/arranging music from other games or other media, not even any use/arrangement of copyright-free stock music, etc. A lot of Fire Emblem fan game projects and SRPG Studio games I've played or watched others played don't have original soundtracks.

• 2 months later...

I couldn't do any of this, guess I'm not a legend of the FE community but it's not like I wanted to anyway (but hey I do have physical copies of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn so that's good enough) 

5 hours ago, DarkSage861 said:

I couldn't do any of this, guess I'm not a legend of the FE community but it's not like I wanted to anyway (but hey I do have physical copies of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn so that's good enough) 

Don't worry, pal. Most people never did any of this, if you keep trying you can though, also there are plenty of other stuff you can do, stuff that is not on the list yet (and some that maybe will never be because there are just so many things you can do in FE that there is no way to list here everything that is particularly hard and awesome), like those guys saying they have beaten some of games a crap ton of times. There must be something (and if there isn't then there probaly will be) that you are proud of yourself for doing in FE and know most people didn't (and if it wans't in FE then in other game or in other stuff? idk)

To be fair I didn't do any of the things in the list, maybe beating a game actually using its worst unit? dk if that counts, I mean, I used Sophya in FE6 but shes actually pretty good, kinda like Ray but slower and with less defence, but with more resistance and a little more magic, its not even that hard to train her, I only struggled in one chapter (it wasnt the hard mode though). I guess I would be able to brag more if I had used Wendy but... yeah, this will never happen.

The thing I'm most proud of myself (yet) FE related (maybe not counting Heroes) is to post here a list with a lot of secret scenes and conversations in FE7 that weirdly most people don't know, it took me some weeks of "research" to initialy post it but I keep updating it until now, IDK, I feel like I did something useful for this comunity? Yeah, now I'm doing a similar one but about FE6, its almost done. Besides I dont have much to brag about too, maybe most people don't.