Balan Wonderworld apparently has a flashing-light problem

Perkilator

You know Balan Wonderworld? You know how the demo came out and it turned out to be horrible? You know how it's released today, the same day as MH Rise, and SE refused to delay it? Well, if you didn't think it could get much worse, the final boss might just be the nail in the coffin.

WARNING: The following video contains spoilers of the final boss itself, yes, but also contains strong flashing lights. Don't watch either way if you're epileptic by any means.

Spoiler

Luckily, the official Balan Wonderworld Twitter account has addressed this concern, and a Day 1 Patch for the game is going to be released to fix this.

While this helps, it's telling of how apparent it is that the game was rushed when things like this happen in the first place.

16 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Balan Wonderland has problems*

Fixed it for you.

In fact, from everything I've seen and heard the title should be: Balan Wonderland is a problem.

Oh, believe me; this game has problems. I just figured the flashing light should be the more important problem to talk about.

Good god. The state of the game must have been pretty bad if QA reports of issues that physically harm players did not make it onto the top of the priority list.

Like, is this just going to be a thing now? Games will harm and maybe kill you if you try to play them before any patches roll in.

Edited by BrightBow

Seems weird that this wasn't caught earlier, since this is an issue that game developers come across every game they make I imagine. I really hope anyone who actually wanted to play this game wasn't seriously harmed by this instance of flashing lights.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Aside of the technical issues can someone tell me a bit about this game, please (and recommendation)?

I only know it's a kinda platformer game with very nice music.

The title makes me a little think of "Acro The Bat" series, of course not in 2D.

Just skip it, the reviews at best give it a 6/10. The gameplay is dated and overly simplistic. The cutscenes look good, but the rest of the graphics are only okay, or downright bad on the Switch version. The story might have childlike whimsy, but even this is told poorly. Balan Wonderworld is a dud, despite hopes it’d be better.