• Flayn: Playing Innocent
    • Brady: Daunting Priest
    • Silque: Adherent of Mila
    • Rhys: Gentle Basker
    • Sara: Lady of Loptr
    • Forrest: Fashion Forward
    • Natasha: Sacred Healer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/2021 at 02:59 AM

W... Whaaaat? XD Oh man, I did NOT expect healer dudes to show such superiority over the ladies! Among them, only Brady lost. Dang. Well, I hope we of Team Rhys can beat Forrest! I'm especially impressed that Wrys beat Flayn. I wonder if we can make it all the way to Rhys vs Wrys!

Welp, the Wrys v. Rhys finale is now a reality.

Also, I just want to point out that Forrest suffered the same fate as Seiros (lost despite being ahead in a "Same" hour). My VG luck is cursed as fuck these days.

What is this game? Here I thought Forrest got the comfy win, because he was slightly ahead all of these hours. Well guess it's time to go with the guy who's on a vacation so I can get the point bonus. The memers are really going to get the old man to the top lol.

16 hours ago, LoneStar said:

What is this game? Here I thought Forrest got the comfy win, because he was slightly ahead all of these hours. Well guess it's time to go with the guy who's on a vacation so I can get the point bonus. The memers are really going to get the old man to the top lol.

Well, we're gonna try anyway. I hope him winning means Wrys gets an Alt. He really needs one, it's been forever since he got added and he hasn't gotten a single alt. Maybe poke fun at the fact that he was replaced by a Vulnerary in Mystery of the Emblem and put him as a potion seller, maybe in a Merchant Banner.

4 minutes ago, DenningsMessage said:

I hope him winning means Wrys gets an Alt. He really needs one, it's been forever since he got added and he hasn't gotten a single alt. Maybe poke fun at the fact that he was replaced by a Vulnerary in Mystery of the Emblem and put him as a potion seller, maybe in a Merchant Banner.

Meanwhile, it's been over 3 years since Shanna won a Voting Gauntlet.

I hoped we would have Wrys vs. Rhys! 😄

I never would’ve expected Wrys of all characters to make it to the final round. Then again, I’m always surprised by how well he does in CYL, as a plainly-dressed bald old man who is a very minor character with only a few lines of dialogue and in Shadow Dragon is usually outperformed by other healers like Lena. Am I missing something?

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

1 hour ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I hoped we would have Wrys vs. Rhys! 😄

I never would’ve expected Wrys of all characters to make it to the final round. Then again, I’m always surprised by how well he does in CYL, as a plainly-dressed bald old man who is a very minor character with only a few lines of dialogue and in Shadow Dragon is usually outperformed by other healers like Lena. Am I missing something?

It's because Wrys is a homegrown Heroes meme. Much like The Reinhardt.

45 minutes ago, Florete said:

Wrys was definitely a meme before Heroes, though.

Yeah, he (well, his Shadow Dragon version) made it to 120th in CYL1 so he definitely already had some sort of meme following. 

Heroes did increase it though since he jumped to 56th in CYL2 and got 72nd (with his votes no longer being split) in CYL3. The last two CYLs aka "When the Three Houses Attacked" weren't as kind to Wrys however (182nd in 4, 217th in 5).

To date, Wrys has gotten 12,535 votes all-time CYL votes (a mark that, among the Archanean cast, only Marth, Caeda, Catria and Y!Tiki beat).

So Wrys won. Shoulda just picked him from the start, but I went with Sara instead because I thought she'd at least get through round 1 and then lose in round 2. Also because Sara can actually fight, unlike my Wrys who can really only take hits and wields Melancholy...

For the record, I did not know Wrys was a meme at all. When I +10ed him, all I saw was a really high potential for Res., ergo guaranteed Sabotage Atk triggers. Kinda makes me wonder what exactly people are thinking when they see my AR-O Light team with Wrys on it...