Mythic Hero Battle! Dagr: Sun's Radiance

Matrograde

Hi! I've never done this before, so sorry if I'm stepping on someone's toes. I was able to clear the Abyssal of this new fight this morning, and wanted to show off.

Here is a video and my notes:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/968797581

Lyn kill Sword Fighter
Dorothea dance for Lyn
Lyn move right one and kill Green Mage
Lyn use Duo Skill
Lyn kill Bow Flier
Shamir reposition Hector up
Hector Left
End Turn

Dorothea down and right one
Shamir kill Green Fafnir
Lyn kill Red Mage
End Turn

Shamir move down and left one to attack Lance Knight
Hector kill Lance Knight
Lyn kill Red Mage
Dorothea dance for Lyn
Lyn kill Blue Mage
End Turn

Lyn kill Lance Fighter
Hector kill Green Thief
Dorothea dance for Lyn
Shamir kill Blue Cavalier
Lyn stay in place and kill Troubadour
Dorothea use Harmonized Skill
Shamir reposition Lyn down

Shamir move left and up one to attack Dagr
Lyn attack Dagr
Dorothea dance for Shamir
Shamir move up two and kill Dagr

Dagr banner.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

easy peasy with the askrtrio

Great work! That is fun to watch. I haven't played consistently over the years to have a lot of strong units, but lately been trying harder to get some good teams set up.

I threw Brave Hector, Winter Eirika, Gustav, and Henriette at the problem, and it worked like a charm. I love this team. It's so dumb.

After I was done, I realized it would've been much easier if I had switched Henriette's weapon to a Res refine instead of Def (I have both already refined).

I cleared it with Gustav: Majestic Love, Henriette: Overflowing Love, and double Flayns. Took me like one try. I could have just spammed end turn too, but I wanted to speed up the battle a bit so I had my units attack on player phase.

I also cleared it with ITM!Lyn and three Dancers/Singers. Had to restart a few times, but it did not take too long to figure out. Have not used her Duo skill either.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I cleared it with Gustav: Majestic Love, Henriette: Overflowing Love, and double Flayns. Took me like one try. I could have just spammed end turn too, but I wanted to speed up the battle a bit so I had my units attack on player phase.

I also cleared it with ITM!Lyn and three Dancers/Singers. Had to restart a few times, but it did not take too long to figure out. Have not used her Duo skill either.

Oh, I just have to put End Turn for myself, because I have the options set to not end automatically if there is still a Duo/Harmony skill unused. Not sure if that was in response to me.

1 minute ago, Matrograde said:

Oh, I just have to put End Turn for myself, because I have the options set to not end automatically if there is still a Duo/Harmony skill unused. Not sure if that was in response to me.

No, not in response to you. I cleared it so quickly with double Save team that I wanted to use a player phase team to clear it so I do not get too rusty. Ever since Save skills were released, Abyssal maps became a whole lot easier.

The Wings of the Sun have been felled by... one candy-seeking witch, a beach-going mage, a fell god, the wings of chaos, who demands candy, and also Azura.

Spoiler

Robin isn't even +10 yet, yet she's already starring in her first Abyssal clear video I'm so proud of her.
Hm... this might also be the first for Witchy Nowi and Summer Linde. Nowi hasn't been relevant in years, and Linde... well, Linde is Linde. That refine for Grimoire and the Courtly Fan sure did change things for them.

Let this be a warning for how bulky Robin can be as well.

Edited by Xenomata

@Matrograde Nice clear. I tried to use Shamir myself, but ran into a bunch of problems and dropped that idea. Looks like you figured it out.

@Hilda Odd Recovery sure is helpful. Gives so much more breathing room. Alfonse destroyed Dagr.

@Xenomata Nice team there. Witch Nowi's refine is a lot of fun, and Grima is pretty much immortal. My Summer Linde has been collecting dust, sadly.

@Alexmender Dominance broken

@Landmaster @NSSKG151 @Sasori @Maaka @Some Jerk @Diovani Bressan

Looks like I'm early for once. Saves are cheap and unfair so I busted out my own cheap shit.

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Matrograde Nice clear. I tried to use Shamir myself, but ran into a bunch of problems and dropped that idea. Looks like you figured it out.

Thank you so much! Also, I love your video, how you introduced the characters. Sometimes I switch over to Japanese, but my reading comprehension is just not there yet, so I have to switch back most of the time.

Is it ok if I follow you? I'm not sure what the protocol is on these forums yet. 🙂

The new resplendant Reinhardt sure helps my Abyssal clears more now. Had to use Spur Atk 3 for the blue mage at the beginning, but not much of worth other than that.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Looks like I'm early for once. Saves are cheap and unfair so I busted out my own cheap shit.

Thats some effective damage reduction on Kagero Mia. I did't know it worked out that well, but she could pull her pp offense off for the entire map. It was cool to see. Celica of course was being Celica and destroyed everything, but Ophilia did a good job too. That armous is a annoying roadblock.

I decided to take Azelle for a spin. Joining him are other best redheads Roy and Titania along with a new addition my collection. Dagr of course was a problem, but she was nothing compared to that annoying bow flier that liked to ruin Roy's day.

@BoaFerox @Diovani Bressan @Maaka @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11

Winter Altina, Brave Lucina, Brave Edelgard, and Duo Lyn still clear everything, and this wasn't even one of the harder ones.

It's weird to think that I used to be hopeless against Abyssal maps without video guides, now I'm clearing them blind within 20 minutes of them launching. Winter Altina is busted and for some reason no one talks about her.

@Matrograde Welcome to the machine.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @LordFrigid @Maaka @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

Save game deleted.

First order of business: erase the Lance Knight from the face of the earth, because I'm not playing around that Save scumming stuff. This and needing to do the same with Dagr when she aggroed meant Puddle had to bust out Gronnblade+ and a freshly-inherited Blazing Wind. Leanne was attached to her hip for some mage-tanking needs, but there were far too many exact damage memes ending with her killed -- her lack of merges is starting to show...

Silvia also needed to bust out a new toy for survival -- a Repel I fed her on a whim just the other day. This turned out to be necessary for instagibbing the Sword Fighter at the start, though she needed an immediate Atk boost from the Swift Sparrow seal to pull it off rather than Brazen Atk/Spd's delayed boost, which caused some complications later in the map where Silvia was also dying by chip damage. The fix ended up being to inherit Def/Res Link onto Balldigan, who in a novel twist was barely doing anything this map due to most of the enemies being magical.

Fun fact: my first attempt at this map (that I didn't save because I want to record me receiving the reward) had the Blue Mage attack Puddle without Life and Death. However, when I went for the recording run, the Blue Mage inexplicably targetted Leanne instead despite me changing absolutely nothing. As Puddle needed Blazing Wind ready for the following turn, this was a huge headache, so a bunch of finagling was done to make Puddle actually take damage from the Blue Mage -- hence the Life and Death seal and lack of an Atk Lull.

Edited by Some Jerk

I was not able to find a way to One-Turn this map... but outside this, it was a pretty easy map. Kinda sad to see that Save Skills are already appearing on these maps... not that it was a problem for me.

I think I could try to One-Turn this one but... meh. Not worthy my time for a useless golden accessory that I will never use.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Great unit you used in this map. Celica can be very dangerous to go against when she has her Brave Lion effect, so Dagr had no chance against that. Ophelia and Mia did a great job as well. That Armor with Deflect Magic... poor soul, had no chance.

@Sasori Oh wow! Azelle is very strong, and that Astra Damage destroyed Dagr! BURN!!! BURN UNTIL NOTHING REMAINS!!! Nice use of Wings of Mercy on him, allowing to teleport though all map. And it's nice to see Roy here. He was a merge project for me a long time ago, but I didn't finish it. Maybe I shoudl go back to him.

@Some Jerk And the dancers strike once again! Defelct Magic? Pff! Azura says no! You did a great job. Using Azura's AoE special to lower Dagr's HP was a nice move, and Silvia was amazing as ever.

@BoaFerox @Maaka @daisy jane @Landmaster @DarkAlf

8 minutes ago, Matrograde said:

By "save" skills are people referring to Sing and Dance? I didn't realize it was so frowned upon. I guess I've been playing in my own world all this time and had no idea.

Oh goodness no. Armors have recently-introduced C Skills called "Near Save" and "Far Save", which let them enter combat in place of a nearby ally targetted by an enemy -- Near for melee enemies, Far for ranged enemies.

My joke was that Puddle was deleting the Lance Knight (who had a Near Save) before he even got the chance to use it, because fuck that noise. Had I not done that, then if Silvia initiated on the Sword Fighter, Near Save would kick in and she'd be fighting the Lance Knight instead.

Edited by Some Jerk

@Sasori What a lovely red headed team. The oldest units did quite well in tanking the heaviest hits, and Azelle made good use of the damage the team got to warp around to help. Spring Minerva is so cool, it's tempting to merge her but there's too much other stuff that requires my orbs now.

@Some Jerk This is the first time I'm seeing a Repel Silvia but she made great use of her new toy! And Azura really demonstrating the power bladetomes still have there by taking out that terrible Lance Knight. Nice clear!

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! That Nowi is so strong as always. Didn't look too hard between her and Leif. Dagr tried her best to cheat death with Deflect Missile, but she went down to Leif in the end regardless.

8 minutes ago, Matrograde said:

By "save" skills are people referring to Sing and Dance? I didn't realize it was so frowned upon. I guess I've been playing in my own world all this time and had no idea.

It refers to the relatively recently introduced line of Armor exclusive C-skills that allow them to enter combat in the place of an ally within two spaces, meaning there is actually a huge area around them where your attacking options are severely limited. It appears on the Lance Armor in this map, and can be incredibly annoying to face.

I was able to clear this in one turn, but sadly I had to hit Ephraim's cheat button to get to battle. I think that's fair though, considering they brought their own cheat skills in the form of D/R Near Save. Wasn't too bad figuring it out once I decided to use Ephraim. Tana sadly had to sit this one out, but her summer version got to appear as movement and Chill support at least.

@Some Jerk I've never seen a young Azura with Bonus Doubler before. I'm glad you were able to eliminate that armored unit so quickly. I've also never seen a DR skill on a dancer! Your Silvia is always a force of nature.

@BoaFerox That was a fast clear. I wish I had a +10 Tana! I don't like Duo Skills either 😛 

@XRay @NSSKG151 @Flying Shogi @daisy jane @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 

I don't really have many positive words for this map. All those mages and the armored unit with the Save skill made me so frustrated! I finally got Myrrh to +10 during her re-run with Minerva, so I am glad to show her off here. It's just the standard build, but without Dragon's Ire or a Rein skill. Myrrh and Catria are my only +10 five-star exclusives. That free Forma soul that I used on Est was very useful for this map. Hinoka is great support, like always.

22 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Armors have recently-introduced C Skills called "Near Save" and "Far Save", which let them enter combat in place of a nearby ally targetted by an enemy -- Near for melee enemies, Far for ranged enemies.

9 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

It refers to the relatively recently introduced line of Armor exclusive C-skills that allow them to enter combat in the place of an ally within two spaces, meaning there is actually a huge area around them where your attacking options are severely limited. It appears on the Lance Armor in this map, and can be incredibly annoying to face.

Thank you very much! I was quite confused. Yes, I do remember seeing that recently.

Also, thank you for the welcome, Jerk!

@SatsumaFSoysoy The save skills certainly are a massive pain. Using Ophelia to deal with him right away was a good plan. Nice odd tempest on Celica, it's wonderful having that 3 movement on a galeforcer. 

@Sasori Neat to see a cavalry Minerva being used already. She did quite a nice job. That astra on Dagr was pretty nice as well. Rather surprised how much tanking Roy did.

@Some Jerk Love these dancer clears. Ninja katana Silvia doing some awesome galeforcing as usual. Mini Azura got quite a few more kills in than usual here, great idea to use the AoE to weaken Dagr for her. Very nice job!

@Diovani Bressan Well you nearly one-turned it. At least you finished before all the reinforcements got there. Nice to see you killing Dagr with L!Leif even with the deflect missiles. 

@BoaFerox That extra movement is so nice. Great idea to use Velouria to make up for that stupid crafty fighter guard effect. Brave Celica made quick work of Dagr. Great clear!

Near save and crafty fighter... they're trying so hard to stop my galeforcing fun. Had to swap out OG Fir for Rafiel so I could get galeforce charged up on spring Fir. They made it rather difficult to outspeed stuff as well, but the Bartres just muscle through it all as usual.

It took me a few tries but I managed to complete the Abyssal map using Ninja Lyn and a bunch of flier dancers. Since I didn't use any melee DPS units, the Near Save armored unit was hardly much of a concern.

I'd be more annoyed to see Far Save armors, even if they don't have Distant Counter equipped.

Now the fridges are getting save skills, great. Not like it mattered for me anyway.

Spoiler

I've been really enjoying these Abyssal maps lately. I can use my favorite units and don't have to resort to guides or cheese.

@BoaFerox Nice setup of units. I've wanted to do one turn clears, but too much investment isn't worth it. But those are units I have sitting around.

23 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Now the fridges are getting save skills, great. Not like it mattered for me anyway.

Hide contents

Wow, you used Valentia Catria too! She's my favorite unit, so I'm glad to see someone else has her. Marianne is quite strong, but I'm more surprised about Python. He's really good with that Plegian Bow. I posted my clear if you wanna see a maxed out Catria 😛