Mythic Hero Battle! Dagr: Sun's Radiance

Matrograde

Wasn't gonna post this in here, but it's sorta relevant to my earlier problems:

In my earlier post, I was griping about how the Blue Mage went maverick despite me not changing any stats, skills, or strats. What did I change? The team slot order.

At 5:10,  talks about how team slot order can affect AI.

I thought I was losing my goddamn mind. This explains so much.

Waiting for Melee Elise so I could have known the Armor had a Save Skill in the first place.

A few things had to die for this clear, mainly F!M!Corrin, our new Bunny Horse Man, and a Triandra, whose sacrifice meant nothing in the end. Press F. Honestly had to just screw with the AI to finish the last turn. I could have killed Dagr with OG!Elise but the game really wanted Mirabilis in on the action.

@Alexmender - Can’t really blame you for going with the cheese on this one with how annoying Dagr can be, Santina is super busted~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - The ladies powered through this one with player phase, I see. Not a bad choice considering how tricky some of these foes can be to tank.

@Sasori - A full redhead clear. Nice, we do love to see Dagr getting nuked with an Astra. I also love how Minerva didn’t even need a C Slot. Azelle is a really nice unit, good to see you’re enjoying him.

@Some Jerk - Awesome work, Lolizura really ended up as the MVP this time with those Bladetome nukes.

Just a Sweet Boi @Diovanni - Leif really bullied Dagr to death. I didn’t realize how good he was on this map. I was gonna bully you for using 2 Dancers but Triandra is just barely a Dancer anyway.

@BoaFerox - Don’t blame you for using Eph with how annoying this map can be, I’m impressed Celica could just one-round Dagr!

@GuiltyLove - Est is an amazing nuke, I think she killed most of the map. Myrrh also still impresses with how well of a tank she still is.

@Maakar - L&D 4 Bartre is still one of the scariest things in this game, very smooth one-turn! 

I spent way too much time trying to clear this map in one turn. Eventually I gave up and played the map as intended because NY!Anna was five points off in speed to double Dagr. Instead I went for my usual strategy of everyone huddles together while NY!Anna blasts everything with her special.

@Alexmender Altina pulled out some big damage with that Dominance effect on her. Nice one turn clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy I'm surprised the blue tome cav went after Ophelia instead of Celica. It was nice seeing Celica and Mia zip around the field. Nice clear!

@Maaka I really felt like they didn't want people to one turn this map. I was happy to see you were able to do it with your regular team.

@GuiltyLove Congrats on the +10 Myrrh. She must be extra tanky now with those extra stats.

@Landmaster The Elise team cleaned up the map quite well. Nice clear.

9 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Wow, you used Valentia Catria too! She's my favorite unit, so I'm glad to see someone else has her. Marianne is quite strong, but I'm more surprised about Python. He's really good with that Plegian Bow. I posted my clear if you wanna see a maxed out Catria 😛 

Spd/Res Form from Rath was being useful here haha. I knew I would need a Red Nuke to deal with Dagr so my mind went to Catria first. I hope her base version gets a resplendent soon to give me an excuse to +10 her.

@NSSKG151 I saw this Anna one turn clear in my Youtube suggestions and though it must have been you. That guy has 3 NY!Peonys so not much else to say.

Edited by LoneStar

@NSSKG151 I think this is the first time I saw Apotheosis Anna with Galeforce. It sounds fun teleporting around when you have Galeforce. I'm glad that NY Anna could OHKO Dagr. Deflect Missile won't help if you can't survive the first hit!

@LoneStar You should +10 regular Catria anyway xD She was my summoner support before Valentia Catria came along.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:10 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Xenomata Nice team there. Witch Nowi's refine is a lot of fun, and Grima is pretty much immortal. My Summer Linde has been collecting dust, sadly.

Linde unfortunately I think is just a product of... well, not exactly age, but Harmonic Mia has a much shinier weapon, harmonic skill, and default skillset to consider, and I'm sure people immediately see Year 2 seasonal unit and go back to ogling Mia and Marth's Summer Strikers. Though Courtly Fan on Linde is very fun. It's like her own personal Firesweep weapon, and she's not even that much worse off than the other two DagCavs in terms of raw offense (wait all the DagCavs aside from Merlinus are from summer... hm...)
And yes Witchy Nowi has a fun refine (no way in hell I'd be able to pull off some of those maneuvers with any other unit), Grima is eternal praise Grima join the Grimeal and all that.

18 hours ago, LoneStar said:

@NSSKG151 I saw this Anna one turn clear in my Youtube suggestions and though it must have been you. That guy has 3 NY!Peonys so not much else to say.

I think I know which video you are talking about but nah that wasn't me. I don't even have three NY!Peonys.

@Diovani Bressan 
Azelle packs quite the punch yeah. Him of all people one shotting a giant like Dagr is pretty funny too.  And I can certainly recomend Roy. He's a great mixed tank with a nice auto double.

Also cool clears. Leif really emptied his entire quiver on Dagr. Petrine was cool too. easily dealing with the fridge. I still need to build her up.

@BoaFerox Minerva is pretty cool. No enough to me to merge, but she's pretty capable without merges too.

I knew you had a +10 Tana, but I did't know/forgot you have a +10 summer tana too. Thats some dedication. Celica also did well one rounding a big tank like Dagr.

@Maaka Roy is usually my tank button. He holds up really well for a gen 1.

The bartre's did well as always. Surprised to see the burly dads take along frail Rafael for the ride. Still he did a good job supporting Fir.

@Landmaster I'm glad Azelle is a good investment too. I spend pretty much all my orbs on him so it'd be bad if he ended up dissapointing.

Candy canes and Mystic boost. I like it.  I did't expect a non elise to get the kill, but she did a good chunk of damage.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:30 AM, Matrograde said:

Thank you so much! Also, I love your video, how you introduced the characters. Sometimes I switch over to Japanese, but my reading comprehension is just not there yet, so I have to switch back most of the time.

Is it ok if I follow you? I'm not sure what the protocol is on these forums yet. 🙂

Thanks. You'll get there. Japanese can be tricky.

Sure, though I don't think it does much. You'll get notified when I post I guess? Which isn't very often anymore.

@Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer Very nice clear. Rein's still got it, especially with his new Resplendent. Very impressive showing from Seliph.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:02 AM, Sasori said:

Thats some effective damage reduction on Kagero Mia. I did't know it worked out that well, but she could pull her pp offense off for the entire map. It was cool to see. Celica of course was being Celica and destroyed everything, but Ophilia did a good job too. That armous is a annoying roadblock.

At least Kagero still has NFU access over Kagero so her A skill doesn't need to be Impact.

Yay Minerva! Azelle's Prf sure is strong. With how strong the effect is, I half expected him to double Dagr, but I guess that's too much. One-shotting her is still good.

@Some Jerk Yeah, the armor is annoying as hell. Babby Azura didn't have trouble though, I guess. I was wondering how Silvia was going to handle Dagr at all, but makes sense that it's better to just blast her with magic.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:34 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Great unit you used in this map. Celica can be very dangerous to go against when she has her Brave Lion effect, so Dagr had no chance against that. Ophelia and Mia did a great job as well. That Armor with Deflect Magic... poor soul, had no chance.

Maybe next Abyssal they'll have a Near/Far Save tag team like they did with Henriette and Gustav.

It's been a while since I've seen your Nowi. I was expecting YMarth to make an appearance, but guess not. LLeif has those bases covered.

@BoaFerox Celica good. Yeah, I don't feel bad about bringing out cheap stuff when they're using Saves.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:19 AM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy The save skills certainly are a massive pain. Using Ophelia to deal with him right away was a good plan. Nice odd tempest on Celica, it's wonderful having that 3 movement on a galeforcer. 

I had been eyeing Odd Tempest for a little while now, and I managed to snag an LDimitri easily on the AHR banner, luckily. He was +Res -Atk too.

I was wondering if you were going to throw SFir into the sword fighter to proc Save and start the map in that fashion, but this works too.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:05 PM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - The ladies powered through this one with player phase, I see. Not a bad choice considering how tricky some of these foes can be to tank.

I don't think I really go for tanking strats in Abyssals very often. Even before I used Celica + Kagero for everything I used a lot of Galeforce for these. There's just so many enemies.

Axe Elise with Bolverk?

Rare that Mirabilis got kills indeed. Glacies hits hard.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:30 PM, NSSKG151 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I'm surprised the blue tome cav went after Ophelia instead of Celica. It was nice seeing Celica and Mia zip around the field. Nice clear!

I didn't expect that either, but works for me to keep Double Lion up. Not that it really mattered at that point in time.

NYAnna is definitely your star unit, yeah. I don't remember ever seeing you use Slaying Bow though, unless I'm just forgetting. That's nice with Deadeye.

Actually got two clears this time! First felt a little cheesy with Idunn using her new save skill, so I wanted to do another one and ended up with a cav team of Jagen, Wolt, S!Lilina and newly +10'd L'aRachel, and was more proud of this clear! In the first, Lugh also gets to try some new toys with Pulse Smoke and Amity Blossoms, I was trying to use Plegian Torch at first but Blossoms worked better here.

And now here's the second with the cav team!

Replies:

Spoiler

@Matrograde Welcome, and very nice clear there yourself! It got me worried seeing Lyn in the range of both the staff and blue cav, so looks like it worked in your favor that she didn't EP kill the flash cav.

@Xenomata That's a really fun team there, glad to see H!Nowi getting used, and it's refreshing seeing an older summer seasonal get used here.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Hey nothing wrong with being cheap for these! I'm always amazed seeing just how high Celica's stats get, and everyone contributed here nicely.

@Maaka I'm scared of the day there's going to be an abyssal this family can't 1-turn. Great work as always, seeing spring Bartre using the relatively small Ninja Katana definitely feels a little odd.

@GuiltyLove Congrats on the +10 Myrrh and newly decked out Est. Seems like the past few months have been good for your barracks! That clutch bracing stance save at the end was cool too!

@Some Jerk This one was definitely giving me some trouble too until I gave Idunn a save. I was really trying for a different theme team, but went with the two clears above instead. Tailtiu and Azelle will get their time in the sun one day. Definitely nice clear there and I can see the work put in, and hey even if she's falling behind some, Leanne still put in her fair share I think!

@Sasori I'm glad to see someone else got a clear with Azelle to work, I'm trying to use him and Tailtiu together for one here but this time it wasn't it. I was going to ask why Titania didn't repo Roy at the bottom and tank the lance infantry, but seeing her stats against the Knight I think that answers the question. Still, very nice redhead clear!

@Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer That resplendent Rein sure is good! I like seeing Jamke putting in good work there too, and the (mostly) Jugdral theme is always nice.

@BoaFerox Nice 1 turn! And hey, at least Tana got to look cool while being there, and isn't that what really matters? Ephraim made that save armor regret his choice of C-skill too.

@Diovani Bressan Yeah Leif and Nowi just seemed to kinda go to town here with a little support, good clear!

@LoneStar I like the Plegian Bow use on Python, especially since I started trying with Plegian Torch on Lugh, but putting mass debuffs on Dagr didn't turn out to be the best for me.

@Landmaster And the Elises strike again! Is this the first time using Minty Cane on that Elise in a clear? I also feel like I have to ask what kind of melee you'd want a melee Elise to be.

13 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I didn't expect that either, but works for me to keep Double Lion up. Not that it really mattered at that point in time.

NYAnna is definitely your star unit, yeah. I don't remember ever seeing you use Slaying Bow though, unless I'm just forgetting. That's nice with Deadeye.

I used Slaying Bow for a short time when she first came out but then four month later Spendthrift became a thing and that is just what I make her use ninety percent of the time now. Spendthrift is just too good just for raw damage and tanking things.

@Unknown Gamer11
Yeah Titania's stats are starting to show her age. She's still a good wall for blue mages, but even her weapon can't really save her from the more dangerous blue physicals. I'm waiting for her to get a good alt thats finally good.

Speaking of good. I know you had a +10 Lugh, but he's still always impressive to see. I also quite like that l'arachel and Wolt. Seeing A Jagen is also a rare sight, but he does well. Even getting the final hit on Dagr.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Actually got two clears this time! First felt a little cheesy with Idunn using her new save skill, so I wanted to do another one and ended up with a cav team of Jagen, Wolt, S!Lilina and newly +10'd L'aRachel, and was more proud of this clear! In the first, Lugh also gets to try some new toys with Pulse Smoke and Amity Blossoms, I was trying to use Plegian Torch at first but Blossoms worked better here.

And now here's the second with the cav team!

Replies:

Hide contents

@Landmaster And the Elises strike again! Is this the first time using Minty Cane on that Elise in a clear? I also feel like I have to ask what kind of melee you'd want a melee Elise to be.

Sorry for the suuuuuper late reply. I think I have used Minty Cane on some GHB/BHBs but not a LHB/MHB before so it was pretty fun using it on this one. Also I would really like a Lance Flier Elise to cover the need for Blue and a Flier on the Squad. I used to be against Armor Elise but given how squishy they all are, at this point, I wouldn't really mind one, either.

I love how there are so many well built Lughs. He did really well in this one. Save Idunn is pretty untouchable, isn't she. Perfect way to keep all your ranged units safe.

Cav team was super cool, no The Reinhardt needed. I love seeing Wolt since he's so rare, and super Res tanky Jagens. I have to imagine a Jagen and a daddy Duessel on the same team would be an insane Cav wall.