Preferred FE12 Patch?

I'm nearing the end of my run of SoV and was planning a New Mystery playthrough next. My flashcart currently has a copy with the older patch applied. However, browsing this forum made me aware of the "updated" patch. However, it has not been completed and appears dead in the water. So, which of the two patches is preferred for a first-time playthrough? I'll probably play through the game again in the foreseeable future as well, so I wouldn't want my saves to be lost.

In another way, I was considering just using the older patch since I already have it and it was at least completed. Is there any point to using the newer one?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea why the Patch Beta 2 fails to load on my Flashcart, while the original patch runs without a hitch? I may be left having to use the outdated patch anyway if I can't find a solution to this. I've tried it with both a pre-patched file and by patching it myself. It ran perfectly on RetroArch but not on my 3DS.

(I have the R4 SDHC - using YSMenu to eliminate the timebomb - and a 32 GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD card running on my New 2DS XL if that means anything. I've never run into any issues playing any other games before.)