(small poll) Add more color advantage to weapons

Hasechi

///  

17 members have voted

1. 1. ///

• Yes
    • No

As you see above. The game added colors to bow users ( blue bows, green bows, colorless bows, red bows ).  Do you think the game should create more like : red sword, blue sword, green sword, colorless sword .....lance...axe.....staff.... 

Edited by Hasechi

I'm gonna say no since it would mess with the balance of the game (not that it's balanced in the first place, but...).

The weapon triangle is built around swords, axes, and lances operating under the rules of rock, paper, scissors, hence why we have the red, green, and blue variations. I don't mind colorless tomes and colored bows/daggers since the former gives the class a neutral option so they have no overt advantage or disadvantage (which is what colorless is meant to do, anyway) in the weapon triangle, whereas the latter gives us colored range options. Similar to how dragons are essentially the close-range versions of mages, colored bows/daggers are essentially the far-range versions of swords, axes, and lances. Making a sword green to tank against a blue lance with Sword Breaker kind of defeats the purpose of even having the weapon triangle, imo.

Instead of giving a bunch of colored options for swords, axes, and lances, I would just add a new class that's just a colorless physical class (something like the Brawling weapon class from Three Houses or something similar; a weapon type that would make sense to be colorless). I'm not entirely sure how colored staves would work, but they aren't really meant to see a whole lot of combat anyway, so I would keep them colorless.

I definitely think it's an interesting idea, though... unless this is an April Fools joke and I completely fell for it.

37 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Since the game have added coloress tome, and give colors(red,blue,green &colorless) to bow.

Is this FE Heroes? If so, you should get a staff member to move it to the sub-forum dedicated to it. Otherwise, I have no idea what you're on about.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

12 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Is this FE Heroes? If so, you should get a staff member to move it to the sub-forum dedicated to it. Otherwise, I have no idea what you're on about.

Thank you for correcting me. No don't need to. I'm deleting that line. So don't waste a staff time to move it. 

It's now become simple question " do you think they shoud add colors to those weapos". So it now can post in General

Edited by Hasechi

@eclipse Thank you. So sorry wasting your time fixing my mistake

@Fabulously Olivier Thank you for your answer. You got the point. But I think you mistook my question but still my fault too (cause bad english). I didn't mean swap their color with each other. But create more like : red  sword, lance sword, green sword, colorless sword ...etc...v...v..... Fire Emblem Heroes did that with bows & tomes too.

Edited by Hasechi

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

@eclipse Thank you. So sorry wasting your time fixing my mistake

@Fabulously Olivier Thank you for your answer. You got the point. But I think you mistook my question but still my fault too (cause bad english). I didn't mean swap their color with each other. But create more like : red  sword, lance sword, green sword, colorless sword ...etc...v...v..... Fire Emblem Heroes did that with bows & tomes too.

No, I totally understand the idea. It's just bad game design. The more you can infer from a unit by looking at them, the better. Swords, lances, and axes already cover set parts of the weapon triangle, and that's good game design. When you look at a sword, you should have the comfort of knowing exactly where it fits and which of your units would be best against it. And if they want a colorless option, they can add gauntlets.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Yeah, there's no benefit to this. Lances are already the blue counterpart to swords, etc.

I can see benefit to adding a colorless melee weapon and red/blue/green staffs, but that's it.

I find it hard to care about coloured Bows/Daggers as it is because of their availablity.  The only accessible coloured Bows/Daggers are the Green bow cavalry, Python and Rath, both being of the same class at that.  The next best thing is Masquerade Lachesis, being a flying green dagger, and a seasonal 4* focus, which isn't too bad actually.  But besides that you just have grail locks...of which there is Jorge (blue infantry GHB), Winter Jaffar (green armour bow/TT+), New Years Eir (red flier dagger/TT+) and Winter Felix (blue armour bow/TT+).  I'd rather they not add more if they won't bother making them easy to passively obtain and merge up.  They aren't even that much better than their colourless counterparts so I don't get the hold up.

So, in short, no I don't want more added.  Besides gauntlets.

Thing is that lances, swords, and axes are functionally the same thing: melee (1-range) weapons that simply deal physical damage (targets Defense); the main difference in FEH is that they occupy different parts of the color triangle. No need to complicate things further. Bows and daggers are somewhat different since they're ranged (2-range) weapons that deal physical damage; with the main difference between bows and daggers is that the former deals effective damage against an entire movement type while the latter leaves debuffs after combat. While colored variants may exist, availability of them and the variety of them is pretty lacking, especially for F2P players, not to mention that a lot of players generally don't consider them worthwhile since being colorless means having neutral matchups against all 4 colors outside of very specific matchups (ie. vs. Raventome units).

As @Roflolxp54 says, swords, lances, and axes are the different colored versions of the same weapon type, just like how red, blue, green, and colorless tomes are also different colored versions of the same weapon type. There would be no reason to implement a blue sword for the same reason as there would be no reason to implement a blue red tome: a blue sword is functionally identical to a lance, and a blue red tome is functionally identical to a blue tome.

I lean towards no as well. I do not mind colorless melee Weapon and colored staff units, but as others have said, blue sword is basically just lance.

I doubt it. Not only is there little point, it would also screw with the (mostly obsolete) Breaker skills.

Now Reaver weapons... That I think is a possibility, and it may end up fairly fun.

@NinjaMonkey I meant The game added colors to bow users ( blue bows, green bows, colorless bows, red bows ).  Do you think the game should create more like : red sword, blue sword, green sword, colorless sword .....lance...axe.....staff.... 

@L3xandr3 I see I get your idea.