Patching won't work no matter what I try

So after 5 years of fire emblem I've finally decided to get myself a serenes forest account. I've recently attempted to patch a few emblem games and all of them have resulted in the same results. "patch doesn't match the file" I've tried with numerous patches on numerous roms on numerous programs but they all result the same. I've done exactly what every tutorial told me to do but to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something but I have no idea how I have. I used winrar to isolate the gba files, I've tried with zip files and so on. Currently I'm trying to patch fe6 with project ember. I've tried with 2 different roms so far and the result is the same. Help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, swagman6942069 said:

So after 5 years of fire emblem I've finally decided to get myself a serenes forest account. I've recently attempted to patch a few emblem games and all of them have resulted in the same results. "patch doesn't match the file" I've tried with numerous patches on numerous roms on numerous programs but they all result the same. I've done exactly what every tutorial told me to do but to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something but I have no idea how I have. I used winrar to isolate the gba files, I've tried with zip files and so on. Currently I'm trying to patch fe6 with project ember. I've tried with 2 different roms so far and the result is the same. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you use the original unmodified Japanese rom? Did you managed to tried click on extract or unzip to extract the files to make sure it's not damaged?

14 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

What type of patch is it (as in .IPS or .UPS and so on) and what patcher are you using to do so?

It's a ups patch. I have NUPS for ups and lunar ips for ips patches. They both seem to have the same errors when I use them on their proper file types. That being said, the patch is in ups.

29 minutes ago, swagman6942069 said:

It's a ups patch. I have NUPS for ups and lunar ips for ips patches. They both seem to have the same errors when I use them on their proper file types. That being said, the patch is in ups.

Well as said before, I believe you need to use and unpatched JP version, as i would assume the English Patch comes with it.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:21 PM, lightcosmo said:

Well as said before, I believe you need to use and unpatched JP version, as i would assume the English Patch comes with it.

Sorry for the late response I can only send one message a day idk much about serenes maybe that's normal but you were right with that and afterwards I just started patching everything with no issues, so thanks for that it really is a lot easier than I was making it out to be

44 minutes ago, swagman6942069 said:

Sorry for the late response I can only send one message a day idk much about serenes maybe that's normal but you were right with that and afterwards I just started patching everything with no issues, so thanks for that it really is a lot easier than I was making it out to be

Yup! No worries, it's always confusing the first time!