Speculation on two 2021 Summer Banners

Thoughts?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 Realms do you speculate that they're going to be in the next two Summer Banners this year?

• Archanea
    • Valentia
    • Judgral
    • Tellius
    • Valm
    • Hoshido
    • Askr (Heroes)
    • World of the Dead (Heroes)
    • Realm of Dreams (Heroes)
    • Jötunheimr (Heroes)
    • Possibly another Realm
    • Another Mix like in Paralogue 21, 22, 47, & 48

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2021 at 01:00 AM

Since we pretty much have three months left till July. We know that the Summer Banners are going to be around July and August every year. Since Ylisse, Nohr, Nifl and Muspell, Ellibe, and Fodlan got one. What are your thoughts on what 2 realms that we might get in this year?

I was hoping that we could see some full Valentia and Tellius Summer Banners since we haven't gotten a Valentia and Tellius exclusives banner in a while. I did think of ideal units might possibly show up in the banner are:

My ideal Summer Valentia units:

1. Clair and Gray (Duo Hero)
  2. Tobin
  3. Kliff
  4. Alm
  5. Lukas

My ideal Summer Tellius units:

1. Mist and Elena (Duo Hero)
  2. Ike
  3. Elincia
  4. Kieran
  5. Geoffrey

Post what are your speculative thoughts on what two Summer Banners that we could see around July and August 2021?

It's probably going to be some Heroes OCs (the fairies) and maybe Hoshido? Although Hoshido does have Takumi already. I doubt it would be Jugdral, but I really wish it was since that continent is lacking in seasonals. They only got the last dance banner and Lene as the cheerleader for the desert rituals banner.

One banner will definitely be a mix and match. I'm expecting a Duo Matilda and Clive for the Bridal banner, so I'm not expecting a full Valentia Summer Banner. I'd expect some thing like:

1. Kliff
  2. Tobin (Might be too many guys for Heroes' standard so he could be replace with someone else based on the Harmonized pair)
  3. Clair
  4. Some random Harmonized pair
  5. Gray as a Tempest Reward

It would be cool to see Kliff as the reoccurring Blue mage flier, but that could easily be Clair as well. The others could be Sharena, if they don't want to shaft her for too long, and a Harmonized Mirabilis and Mitama.

I'm not too familiar with the other games, but either a full Jugdral or Tellius banner makes sense. Leaning more to Jugdral since we had Mia and Rhys last year. They will definitely want the more recognizable characters like Seliph and Leif. Others could be Nanna and Fee.

They're probably doing Fodlan again, or at least a "mix" that's mostly Fodlan but technically isn't because 1 character and 1 half of the duo isn't.  No point in denying it, 3H + Summer is just guaranteed money.  On that note I hope for Ferdinand and Dedue. 

I think Tellius could get the other one, but then again they can't just waste the money they could get from doing summer fairies.

I wouldn't mind more summer Fodlandians. We've still haven't gotten our summer Alois in a speedo.

I could see Sharena flying solo in a summer banner to make up for being ditched by her family. Maybe Sharena visiting the beach with Bruno? Sharena even already has a summer outfit.

Personally I always wanted an elderly beach banner and enjoy the reactions to it. Summer 2021: Lets shake those hips!
Summer Niime doing a summer dance
Summer Jedah showing off why he's a stud that has many daughters despite being blue
Summer Oliver in a belly dancer outfit
And summer Hanneman.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'm not good at making predictions, so I'm not even gonna try. That said, I'd like to see Fodlan, Jugdral, or Telluis.

Side note, if they make Summer Edelgard, I'm calling BS. She can't swim and is scared of the Ocean!

Now that Kris is in the game there's a good chance F!Kris will be on one of them. Whether it's an Archanea banner or a mixed banner is the question, but likely the former since past summer avatars' banners have all been native game only.

Seems kind of early to be predicting summer units. It's a couple months and several banners away (including the seasonal Bridal banner and the themed Fallen banner.) Still, I agree that we'll probably have at least 1 mixed banner. I just think it's too early to tell what with all the other upcoming banners in between now and then.

Still, Sacred Stones seems to be a staple I don't quite understand but am happy about. (Innes, Tana, Joshua, Lute, Selene...) You know, with Eirika winning 2nd place in CYL and already being a popular FE8 character, I could see her and Seth show up for summer. IS may throw out a summer Amelia instead, and if they do, Summer Franz, please! (They've been apart for long enough.) This would honestly be a fantastic place to put Forde, too. IS could go the Neimi and Colm route, though, or give us Summer Vanessa... Honestly, there are a lot of untapped options for SS. Maybe Ismare will show up and we'll get some sort of response from the already-existing Summer Joshua. That said, I don't know about getting a whole Summer SS banner. We'll probably get 3 units max, and at least 1 is guaranteed to be female. Hmm the SS royalty would be fun. That is, the ruling parents at the start of the game.

Anyway, FE8 is the only one I can say with confidence will be represented, even though Myrrh and Saleh already represented the game in this last bunny banner.

i'm on the fence about what I actually 'want' for summer banners because I don't care at all for seasonals that are so OOC ... that being said the Pirate banner last year was a lot of fun. P!tibby was broken as hell and felt like basically a better version of his base-game even in art.  The same kind of thing for Naesala would be kinda cool.

Can see a lot of mixes, and a bunch of the Book 5 characters because the muscle valkyries would make it rain money no matter what. Maybe even Fafnir with a joke about how he's so pale and could use a beach trip? : P

10 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Side note, if they make Summer Edelgard, I'm calling BS. She can't swim and is scared of the Ocean!

They also made it a point in heroes specifically that she would like to overcome the fact she can't swim in the videos that came along with cyl4 hear from the heroes video for Edelgard. "as I spend more time here, Perhaps I will warm up to the ocean as well as I have to the other heroes" is one of her lines from that and asks the summoner to watch her progress and says perhaps being in askar is a chance for her to address some of her weakpoints.  You could argue they are setting it up as character growth for her. Which is honestly more of a reason than they pick other characters for.

As for the banner I am kind of feeling like they will go no theme and just pick who they want for summer. Because of the above I could actually see a harmonized unit with Edelgard. Maybe Xander and Edelgard as the can't swim duo lol.

Edited by vikingsfan92

@vikingsfan92

Xander already has a summer version. Otherwise, I'd agree.

@kradeelav

Oh right -- thanks for reminding me of one of the wishes I posted a while back.

MUSCLE BEACH MUSCLE BEACH MUSCLE BEACH: Ladies edition! Let's see those bulging muscles on Effie, Nailah, Dagr, Echidna, Rinkah and so on! No skinnies, no dainties, just MUSCLE-BOUND BONE-CRUSHING DON'T-TALK-BACK-TO-MAMA WOMEN! It'd be especially great if we got a parallel banner for pale and slim bois trying to not get sunburnt. (We kind of already have Leo and Rhys, but there are plenty of guys who could fill this, too. Mostly mages or priests.)

Sure, I'll make some complete spit ball guesses. I'll be shocked if I get any of these character choices right (let alone their unit type or on the right banner):

June Banner
#1: Duo Freyja & Freyr (Colorless Beast Cavalry) welcome to eternal purgatory, Freyr
#2: Hilda (Blue Tome Flying)
#3: Plumeria (Green Tome Cavalry)
4* Focus: Caspar (Red Bow Infantry)
TT Unit: Triandra (Red Tome Cavalry)

July Banner
#1: Harmonized Celica & Micaiah (Colorless Tome Cavalry)
#2: Alm (Axe Flying)
#3: Faye (Red Tome Flying)
4* Focus: Sanaki (Green Dagger Cavalry)
TT Unit: Sothe (Blue Dagger Cavalry)

I would've included Lucina in there, but I'm not interested in getting my hopes completely crushed yet again.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure, I'll make some complete spit ball guesses. I'll be shocked if I get any of these character choices right (let alone their unit type or on the right banner):

June Banner
#1: Duo Freyja & Freyr (Colorless Beast Cavalry) welcome to eternal purgatory, Freyr
#2: Hilda (Blue Tome Flying)
#3: Plumeria (Green Tome Cavalry)
4* Focus: Caspar (Red Bow Infantry)
TT Unit: Triandra (Red Tome Cavalry)

July Banner
#1: Harmonized Celica & Micaiah (Colorless Tome Cavalry)
#2: Alm (Axe Flying)
#3: Faye (Red Tome Flying)
4* Focus: Sanaki (Green Dagger Cavalry)
TT Unit: Sothe (Blue Dagger Cavalry)

I would've included Lucina in there, but I'm not interested in getting my hopes completely crushed yet again.

Technically, Celica was already had been part as a Duo Hero with Alm as the main in last years's Day of Devotion Banner and Micaiah was already had fought as a Duo Hero with Sothe as her partner in last year's Bridal Beloveds Banner as well. Lucina already had a Summer Alt from last year as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

6 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Technically, Celica was already had been part as a Duo Hero with Alm as the main in last years's Day of Devotion Banner and Micaiah was already had fought as a Duo Hero with Sothe as her partner in last year's Bridal Beloveds Banner as well. Lucina already had a Summer Alt from last year as well.

Thanks, but I'm well aware of both of those facts. I still think Celica deserves her own seasonal alt (something she still does not have despite being a CYL winner), and Micaiah is a character that I'd like to see with Celica (plus I wouldn't feel bad about Micaiah being the cheerleader entirely because she was already the lead of a different duo).

Also, I referred to my guesses as complete spitballs for a reason.

I'd guess that one banner will be dedicated to Archanea, with Female Kris as one of the stars. Marth, Caeda, Norne, Julian, Lena, Merric, Elice, Phina, Camus, and Nyna are other characters I could see on the banner.

The other summer banner will probably be a mix of games. Valentia and Jugdral are both pretty bare as far as summer representation goes, so either or both of them is a possibility. I could also see them giving us more Tellius, with possibly an Ike + Mist/Soren duo unit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 4:56 AM, L3xandr3 said:

I'm not good at making predictions, so I'm not even gonna try. That said, I'd like to see Fodlan, Jugdral, or Telluis.

The water is not to blame for hurting this young girl, if his mother Patricia wasn't dead, I wish she had taught her daughter how to swim. And I don't want Chinatsu Kurahana confirm this....

Edited by IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie
I'm so sorry

On 4/3/2021 at 11:24 PM, King Marth 64 said:

Ephraim demonstrated on the current banner that it's possible for a unit to appear on multiple duos.

You could also make a case for Summer Lucina based on fact that we got summer alts for both versions of Tiki.

I'm bad at predictions BUT I would love summer the following: 

Summer Ike (would be fun as a Summer Duo with Soren but that's polarizing to some) - preferably Radiant Dawn version though. Also, just summer Tellius would be fun.
Summer Hector 

Somehow I find seasonal banners the hardest to predict so I'm just "yolo" it.

June is Duo hero, which I think its gonna be FEH oc Fairies

July is harmonized one so its two games. One from missing games having harmonic hero which its either fe2/fe5/tms and another game who has already a harmonic hero, maybe fates?

2 hours ago, Naoshi said:

Somehow I find seasonal banners the hardest to predict so I'm just "yolo" it.

June is Duo hero, which I think its gonna be FEH oc Fairies

July is harmonized one so its two games. One from missing games having harmonic hero which its either fe2/fe5/tms and another game who has already a harmonic hero, maybe fates?

Aren't the summer banners in July and August? I thought June was Brides. Also, I thought that the Brides banner was going to be harmonic this year.

Edited by Mercakete

Last year Brides was on May and both summers were on June and July. Next coming harmonic should be on May which I believe will be bride again, unless IS changes stuff.

46 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Aren't the summer banners in July and August? I thought June was Brides. Also, I thought that the Brides banner was going to be harmonic this year.

Nah, the bride banner has always been in May (in the back end of the month specifically), while the summer banners always get June (back end of month) and July (front end of month).

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, the bride banner has always been in May (in the back end of the month specifically), while the summer banners always get June (back end of month) and July (front end of month).

In 2017, the second summer banner was the end of July (and therefore ran mostly in August), but that was before they started having any back to back seasonals.

So far, the only seasonals launched in August have been 2018's dancers and 2020's pirates.

Considering the tradition of the last two years and existence of both Duo and Harmonic Units it practically guarantes we'll have an Game specific banner in June and a mixed one in July.

About the choices... We still haven't used Archanea, Valentia, Jugdral and Tellius for full banner, Archanea and Tellius have shared one year, and Jugdral is a continent that IS has been extremely and obsessively cautious with these characters... So I think we're getting an Valentia or Tellius focused banner...  This banner also has the potential to be Heroes-specific though, considering we're still waiting for Freyja's first alt as well as the inevitable Fjorm Summer alt

With the July banner I believe the units will be a combination of the one not used of the above + Fodlan.