New Heroes: Bond of Trust

NSSKG151

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking forward to another FE7 banner!

I guessed something pretty close to this, but without Farina: 

Wasn't expecting them to include this many of the top female characters, not sure what this will do to future FE7 banners. I'm hoping Kent, Sain, Nergal, and Limstella all can find their way in eventually, somehow.

Pent is tempting, I'll have to think about whether or not to spark for him.

Oh thank God, finally a skip for me (even though I like Pent and Louise).

But damn, not only is Farina's weapon simultaneously a complete meme and completely busted but this also only further highlights how badly Fiora got screwed over.

Well, well, well. So Erk is now in the game, I know many that have been waiting for him since forever so they must be quite happy now. Personally the only units from FE7 I want are Isadora and Limstella so this banner's a skip. Regardless, let's check this guys out!

So Farina comes to complete the FE7 Pegasus trio and she's leaps and bounds ahead of her sisters, it seems. Her Prf is a nice reference to how you need to shell out 20k gold to recruit her (I think you can haggle once to make it slightly cheaper, but I may be confusing her with Hugh from FE6). At any rate, Slaying, +7 to all stats and a Dull effect when healthy is pretty awesome. Lance fliers are a pretty crowded class so I won't be saying she's a must have or anything, but she's pretty strong (although I think Erinys is still better with her support base Brave effect). Fodder is generally nice, but she doesn't let you get more than one skill line so that sucks. 

Louise abandons alt hell and is the token "More fodder than unit" of the banner. I think her bow is practically a permanent version of Coral Bow+ which is nice, but nowhere near Spendthrift level of good. Atk/Spd Ideal is meh, you're better off with Push 4 or Swift Sparrow 3 as those are more consistent. 

Erk lives or dies depending on his stat spread. I think he'll be decently fast, but decent doesn't really cut it in a world with 2 Lysitheas roaming around and nuking everything in their sight. Fodder is nice (I hope the Solo is at 4*). 

Pent is the most enticing unit of the banner, if you ask me. His Prf is absurdly good for AR-D. Unless the translation is wrong and it's only during turn 1, this is like a perma Quickenend Pulse for mages, cavs included. Really good stuff. Fodder is excellent too, I'm iffy on the Duel skill but Time's Pulse and Lull Atk/Res are premium fodder and always welcome. 

I think I might just do the forty summons for Louise's bow and then bail out. I wonder if Rein Bow will be better to use over Spendthrift Bow. Almost would have been a Spendthrift Bow with no cooldown penalty if it was -5 Atk/Def. At least the demotes are starting to carry solo skills on them. I look forward to seeing them drop Atk/Spd Solo 3 on a demote someday.

Seeing Blazing Blade be this month's new heroes banner makes me want to guess May will be Fallen Heroes 4.0, June will have Echoes + 1 OC character for the Midpoint banner and Fates won't come around to July it looks like. I also wonder what this month's seasonal banner theme will be since every month has a Special Hero now it seems.

Sonia will be lovely for my villains squad ... I'll enjoy merging her in the GHB. Lowkey trying to resist the siren's call of sparking for Pent / sniping green .. I got a lot of green units I want ..... but saving orbs..... but Pent!fodder.... hmmm. 

I'll do the free pulls and that's it, hoping I get Farina. Don't care much about Pent and Erk, and Louise is a character that I've lost all love for thanks to a former member of the community (not discussing that here).

We are finally getting a demote with a Solo skill and it's through Erk of all people. I don't remember him being that particularly fast. Decently fast, but not stupid fast. Here's hoping that Spd/Res Solo 3 is available at 4*. Clair, Echidna, Eliwood, CYL Roy, and a bunch of other characters I have would all appreciate it at least for something fresh.

Farina's Hotshot Lance's effect being based off of how many Dragonflowers you give her is so in character given how you recruit her. Funny, I was wondering if maybe that's how Sumia's Flower Lance would end up as a reference to Sumia's flower fortunes. It could happen like how Lewyn's Forseti kind of ended up being similar to Asbel's Grafcalibur and Lewyn being part of the update that introduced Asbel, Miranda, Ronan, Sara, and Veld. The only issue I have with Farina is that she's yet another lance flier and a heavily offensive one with how much attack and speed she can get. Maybe she wouldn't be that great as a sword flier and it would annoy people if Erk shows up, but please, we need more sword and also axe fliers over lance fliers.

Regular Pent and Louise are finally in the game and Louise introduces the regular pool version of summer Joshua's bow that I don't remember what it's called. She also introduces the Ideal line of skills where amusingly enough, there are two other colorless infantry archers who have effects that give them stats if they have a bonus and one of them is from Blazing Blade too: Rebecca whose bow's unique refinement gives her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 if she has a bonus and Setsuna whose bow's unique refinement gives her Atk/Spd+5 and neutralizes penalties to those stats if she has a bonus. Arthur, Astram, Fae, Helbindi, Laslow, legendary Marth, Nah, any -blade mage, and when she becomes playable, Nott come to mind as people who could use Ideal skills well given they have some kind of effect that gives them bonuses or works if they have a bonus. That said, Bonus Doubler has been in the game longer and Nah has it by default, so it would be up to the player if they want focus on two stats or all stats. Arthur also might get more mileage out of Unity skills as his axe doesn't neutralize penalities unlike Brunnya's and Idunn's weapons.

Pent is there to help set up mages for special spamming. New Year's Alfonse & Sharena, Lewyn, legendary Lilina, Ophelia, and Sonya don't really need it, but other mages, in particular non-infantry ones who do not have access to Special Spiral would greatly benefit from him if they can manage the positioning requirements. The idea of Reinhardt having charged Moonbows or Luna is both amusing and terrifying.

I feel like I should pick Pent as my guaranteed 5* as he's the most unique and also he would be a non-blue unit as the recent new heroes banners gave been blue heavy. Except for Sara, my guaranteed summons were all blue; Guinivere, Selena, Erinys, and Ingrid. Nothing wrong with that. I hope Louise shows up. I really like Maureen Price's voice. It's very smooth, but also has this twang to it.

Sonia being the GHB. I wonder if Sonya being part of the current Hall of Forms really did foreshadow a "Sonya" being introduced. Perhaps two Sonya, Sonia of Blazing Blade and witch Sonya of Garden/SoV for the next fallen heroes banner. Or maybe not Sonya, by Sonya's sisters Marla and Hestia for the fallen hero banner. It would be wild to have a GHB with two units.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Sonia being the GHB. I wonder if Sonya being part of the current Hall of Forms really did foreshadow a "Sonya" being introduced. Perhaps two Sonya, Sonia of Blazing Blade and witch Sonya of Garden/SoV for the next fallen heroes banner. Or maybe not Sonya, by Sonya's sisters Marla and Hestia for the fallen hero banner. It would be wild to have a GHB with two units.

People were expecting a Fallen Sonya, but instead we have a Fallen Sonya at home.

Farina's weapon is so funny to me. I guess other characters that you have to give money to recruit could work similarly. I think Volke from the Radiant games is like that.

Well... My favorite Pegasus has been added... while I do not need her, I might pull her.

Also I'm gonna make Nino destroy Sonia.

Edited by Naoshi

Glad to see Pent is the star! How exciting!

I want to pull for him... anyway, Lousie’s art is a bit... off? But I am happy for her, too. Farina’s weapon is funny, and if I weren’t building Knoll, I would love to +10 Erk. Between Knoll, M Morgan, Henry and my semi built Lyon, I am red maged out for a bit.

Sonia is nice. Holding out for Limstella! I love them.

Out of the banner units, the one I would want most is Pent in case Legendary Lyn's Laws of Sacae II were to be trash.

Farina: WTF is that design choice? I get that it's supposed to reference her recruitment cost in FE7 but being rewarded with +7 to all stats during combat on top of Dulling all enemy stats just for receiving 5 dragonflower boosts (a cost of only 600 blue dragonflowers) is so dumb -- can't be healthy for the game.

Pent: Great fodder for Arena players (Green Duel Infantry 4; can get a value pack if the player also has Helbindi available for foddering) as well as AR players (Lull Atk/Res, Time's Pulse). Will likely be a common unit in Pulse AR-D teams.

Louise: another colorless archer, though Ideal skills can be pretty nasty in Arena since everybody starts at full HP (unless Duma is present) and Rallies are practically a requirement for scoring well.

Erk: another 3-4* red infantry mage unit. At least Solo skills finally arrive to the 3-4* pool though that took way too long (more than 2 years since Solo skills were first introduced to the game).

Sonia: she's likely going to be Brunnya in 2021 (blue infantry mage with Fimbulvetr); if that were to be the case, then she could be a viable investment option for AR.

I've been waiting for Farina for a long time, and she certainly does not disappoint. Hotshot Lance is simultaneously broken to high heaven and perfectly suiting her character. I'm definitely sparking for her. If IS ever adds a Desperation seal she's getting it immediately.

Pent and Louise are added together as they should be. Louise looks fine; at least all of her skills synergize with one another. Pent is surprisingly less busted than I thought he'd be, at least pending the reveal of his stat spread. Aside from his Prf's support ability there doesn't appear to be anything to recommend him over Asbel, Lewyn, etc.

Erk is so clearly the demote it's sad. Not even a new skill to his name.

Heck yeah, as a Blazing Blade fan, this is a nice banner! It's exactly what I thought the next Blazing Blade banner would be, too, right down to the GHB. I knew it would have to be Pent, Louise, and Erk, with Farina filling in for Fiora and Sonia as the GHB.

It's about time they added Pent and Louise. Although, I kinda wish Pent's perf was a little more...I dunno, I suppose "general" might be the right word? Seems like it's something that's primarily helpful in AR, and I'm not huge on AR. Louise looks good, but I wish she had gotten Rienfleche. Wil is the only candidate for it now, unless Louise gets it as a refine, should she get a refine before Heroes has run its course. Erk being the demote was as expected, and Farina looks really dang good. Kinda shines a spotlight on Fiora's bad treatment, honestly.

Regardless, this is a very nice Blazing banner. BB feels really close to completion, as far as representation goes. Athos is the last really big, major playable character missing, with arguably Kent and Sain following behind him. Nergal is obviously a big character missing, seeing as he's the main antagonist, and arguably Limstella is his "Kent and Sain" following behind him. After that, it's pretty much all less notable and/or popular characters, like Isadora (that one stings, she's great), Wallace, Renault, Dart, Geitz, Vaida, Wil (also stings), etc.

Louise looks much younger than her bride alt, which is a shame because I like her Bridal Alt art better. Her A skill though, combine with firesweep-effect weapons like Eleonora or Shamir can hit pretty devastating +9 almost all the time.

Farina looks pretty fun. Erk is unfortunate enough to be a male red mage.

I really want Pent for G Duel Infantry 4 for my Arena Arthur but my orbs stash is completely dried up after all the banners last month. Probably a skip for me since I need to save for the next awakening/fates/new mystery banner (hopefully)

15 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Erk is so clearly the demote it's sad. Not even a new skill to his name.

I'll definitely take a Solo skill on the demote (Erk is only the second non-premium unit to get a Solo skill) over a stupid dual Seal skill (RIP Miranda).

That, and Spd/Res Solo might as well be entirely new since it was previously exclusive to a single underwhelming 5*-locked character (Ced) who wasn't even sought after for that skill (since his other Passive was Pulse Smoke).

39 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Sonia: she's likely going to be Brunnya in 2021 (blue infantry mage with Fimbulvetr); if that were to be the case, then she could be a viable investment option for AR.

Watch her be a red mage instead and with a gimmicky prf tome if she even gets a prf tome. Or it could be one that does everything it can to make hell for Nino; neutralizes bonuses, inflicts a speed debuff, and maybe has effective damage against mages, reduces damage against mages, or neutralizes effects that deal damage.

Sonia has Fimbulvetr and Bolting, so for Fimbulvetr, she would either have to have a variant of it like Marianne or she pulls a Linus and shares Fimbulvetr with Brunnya which could go south pretty fast for Brunnya if Sonia has the same stat spread as her and is also a blue infantry mage. They could make her a green one instead as Gunnthra has an ice tome. Bolting has yet to be introduced in Heroes and it would probably have to be a Firesweep tome of some kind.

She is a sage, so she could be a healer for whatever reason. The irony of her being a healer. I'd be down with this if she has a prf staff or at least Flash, Melancholy, or Trilemma. Cue her being a grail version of Linhardt or Natasha with skills that make Est look premium.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Louise looks much younger than her bride alt, which is a shame because I like her Bridal Alt art better. Her A skill though, combine with firesweep-effect weapons like Eleonora or Shamir can hit pretty devastating +9 almost all the time.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I think I prefer her art here though since her lips aren't showing as much and she looks cuter / cooler.

I am kinda salty that Erk is the demote though. I have nothing against the guy, but we've gotten a ridiculous number of red mage demotes lately. At least he has a solo skill.