New Heroes: Bond of Trust

NSSKG151

Wow, I'm shocked Sonia doesn't have a Prf. I feel like she actually should have one. Strange.

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Pulling the FE7 CYL5 tally back up:

• 104. Athos
  • 113. Sain
  • 130. Limstella
  • 147. Guy
  • 211. Kent
  • 235. Wil
  • 254. Uther
  • 255. Nergal
  • 296. Oswin
  • 329. Marcus
  • 334. Dart
  • 339. Isadora
  • 335. Lowen
  • 365. Fargus
  • 367. Geitz
  • 370. Ephidel
  • 372. Natalie
  • 374. Harken
  • 378. Renault
  • 379. Roland
  • 395. Brendan
  • 397. Vaida
  • 413. Eleanora
  • 415. Wallace
  • 420. Guinivere
  • 441. Elbert
  • 441. Merlinus
  • 459. Bartre
  • 470. Murdock
  • 471. Zephiel
  • 472. Durban
  • 484. Hellene
  • 493. Desmond
  • 495. Lundgren

I guess Isadora and Limstella are pretty safe bets for the next one? Not sure who else, though.

I can totally see Athos coming as a Legendary/Mythic and Nergal as a Fallen unit, and then the next dedicated Blazing banner having Isadora, Renault, Harken, Vaida, and Limstella (GHB). It leaves Kent and Sain in the dust, but it takes care of the last of the women while keeping to a theme (Isadora + Harken, Renault), with Vaida being the only outlier.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random fact: Blazing Blade only had a single red tome unit prior to this banner. I shouldn't need to say who that unit is, right?

So if you don't like the fact that they made Erk red, just keep that in mind.

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Random fact: Blazing Blade only had a single red tome unit prior to this banner. I shouldn't need to say who that unit is, right?

So if you don't like the fact that they made Erk red, just keep that in mind.

Fucking hell, I had to think about it before I remembered Canas existed. Who the fuck was a red tome, but did not have a motherfucking red goddamn tome? Stupid thing is that Athos and Nergal have chances to be red tome mages and Bramimond had a chance before they made up a new tome and introduced our first colorless tome unit.

59 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I summoned Pent and sparked Farina, so now I gotta decide...+Atk or +Spd for Pent?

If you running a Blazing build, +Atk is better.

If you are running a regular player phase build, then you want +Spd.

Tbh, I don't get mad at tome colors. Very few mages have prf tomes in franchise, and Tellius was the first FE where mages without prf tomes were strongly associated with a particular element. 

I'm actually in the unenviable position of massively preferring mages of one color. My favorite mages in the franchise are Bastian (who will be green), Lewyn and Pent (who are green), and Saleh (who will probably be green).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

He'd just be using his native tome.

His default Weapon can do both.

His default Weapon can set up Blazing Specials in one hit when used with Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade and Time's Pulse. He can also immediately set up Moonbow/Ruptured Sky if you do not want to wait for Blazing Specials.

For a regular player phase build, he can trigger Moonbow/Ruptured Sky or Luna during his first round of combat depending on whether you want to run Time's Pulse.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Tbh, I don't get mad at tome colors. Very few mages have prf tomes in franchise, and Tellius was the first FE where mages without prf tomes were strongly associated with a particular element. 

Genealogy's Gen 1 didn't prevent Azel and Levn from using other elemental weapons, but Azel had a higher Fire weapon rank due to his minor Fala blood, and Levn has a Prf. Tailtiu, on the other hand, couldn't use anything other than Thunder magic until promotion and still had a higher Thunder weapon rank after promotion due to her minor Tordo blood.

Path of Radiance didn't have any weapon rank locks on magic at all. Each character only started with a higher weapon rank in one element, but could still S-rank any element of their choosing (which basically just meant Thunder because Rexflame and Rexcalibur weren't obtainable, and if you had the Japanese version, you could get forged Thunder tomes with 255 critical rate).

Radiant Dawn had each character have a different class that allowed only a specific element to reach SS rank (and prevented Ilyana from using anything other than Thunder prior to promotion). However Genealogy was still technically the first game to differentiate characters by weapon rank cap because weapon ranks couldn't be raised except by promotion and Holy Blood.

Edited by Ice Dragon

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Genealogy's Gen 1 didn't prevent Azel and Levn from using other elemental weapons, but Azel had a higher Fire weapon rank due to his minor Fala blood, and Levn has a Prf. Tailtiu, on the other hand, couldn't use anything other than Thunder magic until promotion and still had a higher Thunder weapon rank after promotion due to her minor Tordo blood.

Path of Radiance didn't have any weapon rank locks on magic at all. Each character only started with a higher weapon rank in one element, but could still S-rank any element of their choosing (which basically just meant Thunder because Rexflame and Rexcalibur weren't obtainable, and if you had the Japanese version, you could get forged Thunder tomes with 255 critical rate).

Radiant Dawn had each character have a different class that allowed only a specific element to reach SS rank (and prevented Ilyana from using anything other than Thunder prior to promotion). However Genealogy was still technically the first game to differentiate characters by weapon rank cap because weapon ranks couldn't be raised except by promotion and Holy Blood.

Fair enough. But Geneology also isn't at issue. It's been pretty consistent in assigning proper tome colors.

What I'm getting at is that the GBA era really didn't make those attachments a focus. We're mostly just extrapolating from starting weapons.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

What I'm getting at is that the GBA era really didn't make those attachments a focus. We're mostly just extrapolating from starting weapons.

I mean, in every game where Anima magic isn't split into separate elements, color assignments are pretty much arbitrary if the character doesn't have a Prf or other closely associated weapon.

Starting weapons aren't even reliable as every Anima mage in Blazing Sword starts with a Fire-elemental weapon except Erk in Eliwood's and Hector's routes. Erk in Lyn's route starts with Fire. Erk in Eliwood's and Hector's routes starts with Thunder. Pent and Nino both start with Elfire. Additionally, even though non-seasonal Pent and both non-seasonal versions of Nino are green, there are no green tomes in the original game except for Gigascalibur, which is only obtained from the final chapter, and as flying Nino has it in Heroes, there isn't a semi-canonical reason for Pent or vanilla Nino to be green.

Basically, except for characters with closely associated weapons or some other strong reason to be a specific color (such as Cecilia's use of Alacalibur in a prominent cutscene in Binding Blade likely being the reason she is green), color assignment for Anima mages from games without split elements is pretty much just completely arbitrary.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

His default Weapon can do both.

His default Weapon can set up Blazing Specials in one hit when used with Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade and Time's Pulse. He can also immediately set up Moonbow/Ruptured Sky if you do not want to wait for Blazing Specials.

For a regular player phase build, he can trigger Moonbow/Ruptured Sky or Luna during his first round of combat depending on whether you want to run Time's Pulse.

Right, yeah, sorry. For some reason I thought you meant switching weapons, no idea why.

Anyway, I'll be going primarily with a general all-purpose/regular player phase. I'll probably give him Moonbow or something.

Elibe banner!

Easiest spark for Louise, one I really wanted in her original costume. Just as i had finished +10ing Bride version, just missing Dragonflowers now.

Farina looks super busted, but I'm not going too crazy on this banner. At least I got an Erk too.

And Sonya! She was on my wish list for the year, and she even mentions Limstella and Nergal on her voicelines, so they prob are both coming. Easy +10 Sonya when possible. 

Edited by Lanko