May 2021 Fallen Heroes Speculation

Since FH has become a May tradition by now, I won't bother with a poll this time. That also means I don't need a poll end date and can open the thread before the calendar.

In the unlikely event that the calendar reveals 2 NH banners, I'll open a separate thread for the non-Fallen banner, with a poll end date before the first banner reveal.

Instead, let's try to predict/wish for specific characters. Here's my list:

Red/Colorless - Duo Ena/Rajaion (who will be arbitrarily left out of permanent pool just like Duo Ephraim/Lyon because we can't have nice things)

Red- Bertram

Blue - ANGERRRRY Dimitri

Green - Hegemon Husk

GHB - Red - Nergal

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These banners have shown time and time again that they are unpredictable but if I had to guess...

Morva, Red Dragon Armor - Sacred Stones, Grand Hero Battle
Elice, Staff Infantry - Mystery of the Emblem
Gunter, Blue Dragon Cavalry - Fates: Revelation
Rhea, Green Dragon Infantry - Three Houses, Silver Snow

Grand Hero Battle -> Bertram, Sword/Lance Cavalier - Path of Radiance

Many dragons, so if that is too much, Gunter could theoretically be replaced by Arete as a Blue Mage Cavalier.

Zombie Sumeragi - Infantry sword (the possessed Sumeragi that killed his own wife with Ganglari)

Hegemon Husk - Colorless beast (self-explanatory)

Risen King Chrom - Armored sword (based on the Cipher card)

Witch Sonya - Blue mage flying (AU in which she ends up like her sisters. Foreshadowed by the HoF)

Necrodragon Morva - GHB breath (based on his boss fight in Sacred Stones)

That's who I think we will get, but I also think other characters like Dead Scarlet, an alt of Julius and feral dragon Ninian are likely.

Watch IS subvert our expectations by releasing a regular new heroes banner in May instead of Fallen Heroes.

As for who I predict to be on this year's Fallen Heroes banner I think we will get a cleric from Archanea (like Nyna or Lena), a Fates rep (I'm thinking Gunter or Scarlet), Ninian and then Risen King Chrom to continue the Cipher inspired Fallen alts. For perfect color balance I would want it to be...

• Chrom (Sword Infantry)
  • Nyna (Blue Tome Infantry)
  • Gunter (Axe Cavalry)
  • Ninian (Colorless Dragon)

There's no guarantee of Fallen, but it does seem likely.

Risen King Chrom and Hegemon Edelgard both seem likely to me. Maybe Dimitri, but if they want to give him a Fallen version, I can see them holding off for a future year to avoid doubling up on 3H here.

For other banner slots, I'm leaning towards Gunter and Nyna, but I could see Gustav, Rhea, Scarlet, or Elice. Bertram or Nergal could be a fun GHB, Nergal is more popular and avoids repeating FE9 from last year. So let's say:

• Chrom: Sword infantry
  • Gunter: Blue breath cavalry
  • Nyna: Green tome infantry
  • Edelgard: Colorless breath armor
  • Nergal: Red tome infantry

As others have mentioned, I think Chrom is a very likely candidate thanks to the Cipher card depicting him as Risen King Chrom. They've pulled Fallen Ike from Cipher (there was a joke I saw last year about how all the other units on last year's banner were canonical, but then Ike is just Cipher fanfiction), so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Chrom. (He would most likely be a grounded Sword unit [so either infantry or armored]).

Another character that I think they could also pull from Cipher is Leo. There is a Cipher card depicting him as King of Nohr, drunk on power (at least... that's what I think), wielding both Siegfried and Brynhildr. I think he could fit the bill for a Fallen Hero. Since the red category is already taken by Chrom, he would probably be a colorless tome unit.

Spoiler

New Super Rare Cipher Card for Leo! : FireEmblemHeroes

Those are the two that I think have a good probability of showing up, but that's just what I'm hoping for, personally. I know it's Fates and Awakening again, but I don't really mind it much. Hegemon Husk Edelgard is also a possibility especially since IS doesn't seem all that concerned with spoilers anymore. I also thought about Ninian showing up, too.

Honestly, though, I would definitely expect Risen King Chrom to show up at the very least. 

20 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

As others have mentioned, I think Chrom is a very likely candidate thanks to the Cipher card depicting him as Risen King Chrom. They've pulled Fallen Ike from Cipher (there was a joke I saw last year about how all the other units on last year's banner were canonical, but then Ike is just Cipher fanfiction), so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Chrom. (He would most likely be a grounded Sword unit [so either infantry or armored]).

Another character that I think they could also pull from Cipher is Leo. There is a Cipher card depicting him as King of Nohr, drunk on power (at least... that's what I think), wielding both Siegfried and Brynhildr. I think he could fit the bill for a Fallen Hero. Since the red category is already taken by Chrom, he would probably be a colorless tome unit.

Hide contents

New Super Rare Cipher Card for Leo! : FireEmblemHeroes

Those are the two that I think have a good probability of showing up, but that's just what I'm hoping for, personally. I know it's Fates and Awakening again, but I don't really mind it much. Hegemon Husk Edelgard is also a possibility especially since IS doesn't seem all that concerned with spoilers anymore. I also thought about Ninian showing up, too.

Honestly, though, I would definitely expect Risen King Chrom to show up at the very least. 

Maybe Risen King Chrom this year and Nohr King Leo in a future year, to space things out?

No idea who's next, but I want to challenge myself to compile a list of all possible candidates from the canon series (so ignoring stuff like Risen King Chrom).

Shadow Dragon

No one I can think of. We already have Fallen Tiki and that's about it.

Gaiden

*Marla

*Hestia

*Already have her with fallen Berku, but flaming Rinea is still an option if they want it

New Mystery

*Elice

*Lena

*Maria

*Nyna

*Bit of a stretch but Ghost Gharnef

*Hell I'll say Medeus himself. His Earth Dragon form isn't depicted as anyway good, but he still has that fallen aesthetic in his Dark Dragon form

Genealogy

*Fully possessed Julius in the same vein as Fully Possessed Lyon (would be nice to have a Julius that's half decent as a unit)

Thracia

The Deadlords, so in terms of characters that would be

*Raydrik

*Galzus

*Dagdar

*Evyl

*Sara

*Lifis

Binding Blade

Hmm. Can't think of anyone specific. Default Idoun is already kind of the fallen version of her. I guess they could pull off a Fallen Zephiel if they make it the state he was in when he killed his father.

Blazing Blade

Nergal's endgame morphs, so,

*Ursula

*Lloyd

*Linus

*Jerme

*Kenneth

*Brendan

*Darin

*Uhai

*Kishuna as well, kind of

Only one of them I see standing a decent chance is Brendan given it's the only time you actually fight him in the game. Oh wait

*Berserk Ninian, that's a thing, and could actually work pretty well.

*Dunban, he was the berserker after all

*And I see a lot of people are (understandably) clamoring for Nergal himself. Which if it's to be Fallen Nergal I'd rather it be crazy Nergal summoning the Frie Dragon and leaving calm Nergal with his tome for a different date, though I don't particularly seeing that happen much as I'd love it to for actually including random fire dragon.

Sacred Stones

*Morva

*Orson

*Vigarde

Path of Radiance

*Freal Rajaion

*Feral Renning

Radiant Dawn

*Feral Muraim, it's just that one scene and he's a minor character, still, beasts are in short supply

*Berserk Greil (this is totally who Fallen Ike should have been instead imo)

*Lehran? Doesn't really fit the aesthetic but he does suit it conceptually

Awakening

*Amnesiac Emmeryn (lol) Base Emmeryn is pre fall, right?

*Future Past Morgan Male

*Future Past Morgan Female

*Noire? It's played for a joke, but it's not the worst fit. Likely won't happen though

Fates

Anankos's posse, so

*Sumeragi

*Arete

*Mikoto

*Scarlet,

*Anthony (as a beast unit? Or they can just finally give us gauntlets to fill up that colourless physical niche)

*Berserk Kana Male

*Berserk Kana Female

*Rhajat? I remember you fight her in her recruitment chapter, though I can't quite remember the justification as to why

*Cavalry Dragon Gunther (make it happen IS!)

*Goo Garon

Three Houses

*Silver Snow Rhea

*Hegemon Edelgard

*Miklan

*Monica's Father

*Crimson Flower Dedue

*Boar Dimitri, though we've kind of seen that character design with his brave version already

*Aelfric

*They're not fallen Heroes, but any of the Agrathans could fit the aestetic.

Other

*Darios from Fire Emblem Warriors

*Yasuo from TMS, I can't remember exactly why he fights you in that. I think he's just a dick, still it'd be a good opportunity to try in squeeze in one of the last two TMS characters

*Shade from Cipher, though this would be more based off her getting possessed or something in Shadows of Valentia

I think that's reasonably comprehensive. Ignoring stuff that isn't in the actual games I'd be surprised if they pick any that I didn't list here. Though chances are I've missed some that I'm sure some people will point out.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Maybe Risen King Chrom this year and Nohr King Leo in a future year, to space things out?

That's probably what they would end up doing, I think. I'd love to see Fallen Leo become a reality.

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

*snip snip*

Those are all really good guesses. I'd honestly love to see the Deadlords. I also think it's strange that Medeus hasn't been added to the game at all yet.

18 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

That's probably what they would end up doing, I think. I'd love to see Fallen Leo become a reality.

Those are all really good guesses. I'd honestly love to see the Deadlords. I also think it's strange that Medeus hasn't been added to the game at all yet.

Well they're less guesses and more just listing all the possible options I can think of. I highly doubt we'll ever see the likes of Jerme and Kenneth. And for some like Medeus and Nergal I'd expect we'd get default versions of them before getting Fallen Versions. Although I was soundly proven wrong about that with Berserk Ashanrd being introduced with no sight of a default Ashnard ever coming about, so who the hell knows. I hope we don't get Crazy!Nergal with Eresgkigal though, as that would ruin my chances of seeing him summon the Fire Dragon, and I rather like both moods of Nergal in terms of design (though I suppose calm Nergal could summon the Fire Dragon if introduced later, wouldn't work quite as well though).

Edited by Jotari

7 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Yeah, it's so weird how long Medeus has been absent. Nergal, too.

Deadlords would be fun, I'm not sure we're at the point where they're super likely but they've done things in surprising orders. Dagdar could be an interesting pick, as a notable character who might not stand out much in his base form but could be more exciting this way.

Personally I am kind of done with fallen heroes. They could still use some big players like crazy Dimitri and final boss Edelgard, but I don't know if they will go with that aprouch. So far fallen heroes seem more possesed then anything else. I'd prefer it if they turn the concept around and go with a 'redeemed' villains theme instead. Thats obviously not going to happen of course.

So If I had to pick anyone it'd be falled Nyna. Its surprising that such a important shadow dragon character isn't in the game yet. Followed by one of Sonya's sisters for some warp mages and probably Sonya herself too.

3 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Personally I am kind of done with fallen heroes. They could still use some big players like crazy Dimitri and final boss Edelgard, but I don't know if they will go with that aprouch. So far fallen heroes seem more possesed then anything else. I'd prefer it if they turn the concept around and go with a 'redeemed' villains theme instead. Thats obviously not going to happen of course.

So If I had to pick anyone it'd be falled Nyna. Its surprising that such a important shadow dragon character isn't in the game yet. Followed by one of Sonya's sisters for some warp mages and probably Sonya herself too.

They might be a bit too minor to devote such important resources to, but Sonya's sisters acting as a duo unit would work well conceptually. We haven't had a duo unit fallen hero yet, right?

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

They might be a bit too minor to devote such important resources to, but Sonya's sisters acting as a duo unit would work well conceptually. We haven't had a duo unit fallen hero yet, right?

They certainly are minor so I normally would't have named them, but I don't believe any character is too minor after Dithorba got herself into the game. The list of possesed characters is also growing smaller so they might need to get creative.

And now that you mention it, I don't believe they got a duo hero yet. That would be perfect for Berkut if he wasn't already a fallen hero.

• Risen King Chrom 
  • Hegemon Edelgard
  • Berserk Ninian
  • Arete
  • Nergal 

Those would be my best guesses, but honestly outside of Chrom I'm not certain on any of these. 

8 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this. With villains like Nergal, we know they used to be good people that fell due to different reasons, so giving them an alt that shows them at their best would be a good way to expand on their backstories and characters. It'd especially be the case for earlier villains like Medeus or Julius since the storytelling in the past was more limited for them. 

31 minutes ago, Sasori said:

They certainly are minor so I normally would't have named them, but I don't believe any character is too minor after Dithorba got herself into the game. The list of possesed characters is also growing smaller so they might need to get creative.

And now that you mention it, I don't believe they got a duo hero yet. That would be perfect for Berkut if he wasn't already a fallen hero.

Yeah, Berku with Rinea practically is a duo unit already, he just predated the concept (I think?). Though I'd have to disagree that the list is getting smaller (well I don't disagree that it's literally getting smaller, but that it isn't small yet). I've listed over 60 potential characters above, even if we make a conservative judgement that only a third of them are actually viable, at 20ish characters that still puts them at 5 major characters for the next four years (though in reality the way GHB are it'll probably four major characters+1 minor character). There's still a tonne of options out there. They don't have to get all that creative just yet. And that's not even accounting for Cipher and Fantasy Scenarios. Morva, Orson, Hegemon Edelgard, Sumeragi and Arete are all characters I fully expect to see in the game eventually, though with characters such as that they wouldn't necessarily need to be Fallen Heroes (Sumeragi, Arete and Mikoto together with maybe Anankos himself could be a banner unto themselves) and the Four Maidens are no more of a reach for Fallen Heroes than Fallen Celica or Julia were. Nor is a fully possessed Julius any more of a reach than Fomortiis!Lyon was. If anything I think they've been a bit needlessly creative thus far with Fallen Celica (who appears in like a single cutscene) and Fallen Ike, who doesn't exist at all outside of Cipher.

Edited by Jotari

45 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The only non-seasonal duo so far has been Ephraim. I don't expect any more, now that our current seasonal banner lineup can supply 13 duos a year.

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

I'd prefer it if they turn the concept around and go with a 'redeemed' villains theme instead. That's obviously not going to happen of course.

They have sort of done this, actually, but in reverse. Before we got Fallen Lyon, we got base Lyon. It was revealed in the Forging Bonds event that had those Fallen Heroes that base Lyon is actually from a time after Fallen Lyon. Technically, Lyon is sort of like a redeemed Fallen Lyon, if that makes sense.

This is a side note, but I honestly really like the idea of Heroes who have fallen in a more literal sense (characters like Lyon and Sigurd who have actually already passed away by the time they were summoned, or are at least implied to have already passed away). I think it makes the whole idea of summoning characters a lot more interesting; we don't know from what point in their timeline they've been pulled from, so they could already be dead by the time we summon them (I don't really know how that works, but it sounds cool enough to me).

Anyway, I do understand what you mean with the concept of redeemed villains as an idea for a banner, though! I'd definitely be interested in seeing something like that someday. Do you have any ideas for characters that could be included?

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Gaiden

Perhaps Duma and Mila? In Heroes, Duma is weird in that he is his normal self, personality and human form, but his dragon sprite looks like it would be his degenerated self, although, not as far as Gaiden or his SoV concept art of his flesh melting or melting more. I figured as Duma, as the God of Strength and War Father, before his degeneration, his dragon sprite would have looked closer to Mila's in Heroes, so not all melty and perhaps with two eyes or even three instead of only one single eye in the middle of his forehead. Mila doesn't degenerate as far as Duma does from what I know, but she does have a moment where she does look crazy, so they could stretch it with a degenerated Mila.

Blazing Blade

Karel's shtick of being drawn to and killing strong fighters is covered by his current self in Heroes, but if they want to, they could make another version of him that is at his lowest point right before he begins to change to his Sword Saint self in Binding Blade. A Samurai Jack thing could be done with his appearance; more wilder hair, shirtless, and covered in scars.

Renault prior to the events of Blazing Blade could work given as far as I know, after losing his friend, he worked for Nergal hoping he could bring back his friend to life and in doing so, killed many people.

Awakening

For some reason, I remember Libra as being violent in the past and that he may have resembled Karel or Renault before the events of Awakening. I do know that his past was dark from his support with Tharja, but I don't remember if it's ever explicitly stated as what he did before trying to atone and becoming a person of the cloth.

*Goo Garon

This sounds like some weird putty toy. "Getcha Goo Garon here! Only two gold pieces!" Fates Anna would make bank with Goo Garon toys. Well, if Garon were alive and entertained such a silly idea.

Edited by Kaden

Putting on my cynical corporate hat, I can definitely see this banner continuing because:

a) it allows IS to quietly check off an (almost?) all-male banner and/or some villains that'd be really tough to fit in normal NH banners without being a money loss.

b) and (wonders of wonders) still be a reasonably reliable moneymaker due to the slightly better kits + art.

Guess-wise I'd be mildly happy with almost any of the guesses above - it's the only non-NH banner that I reserve an open mind for due to an affinity for villains and just how good these are usually treated. I'd pull for Orson and Bertram. And would guess at fallen!Ninian showing up reasonably soon.

I just want Morva.  If he is on it I would be happy.  Yashiro would also work but 

Spoiler

Real Yashiro is more like a rival to Itsuki and you recruit him later in game (like Navarre is an enemy you recruit in SD).  There is a fake Yashiro (a mirage who copied his looks) that you fight in the chapter after you recruit the real Yashiro, who would work for the fallen banner.

Anyway Fallen Heroes banners are ones I look forward to since the art is always good and they are different from other banners.

15 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Red/Colorless - Duo Ena/Rajaion (who will be arbitrarily left out of permanent pool just like Duo Ephraim/Lyon because we can't have nice things)

How would that work? What, just mad-wyvern-Rajaion in the same picture as Ena? Honestly, I can't see it, but who knows. IS is unpredictable at best, so...

12 hours ago, indigoasis said:

To be fair, Risen Chrom is more cannon/likely to be cannon than Berserk Ike. Given: Chrom is quite strong + being killed by Grima = like to have ben made a Risen.

... Side tangent for a moment, we don't have any Cipher OCs in Heroes, do we? Of course, Cipher being dead and all, I guess it's not likely to happen.

10 hours ago, Kaden said:

Perhaps Duma and Mila? In Heroes, Duma is weird in that he is his normal self, personality and human form, but his dragon sprite looks like it would be his degenerated self, although, not as far as Gaiden or his SoV concept art of his flesh melting or melting more. I figured as Duma, as the God of Strength and War Father, before his degeneration, his dragon sprite would have looked closer to Mila's in Heroes, so not all melty and perhaps with two eyes or even three instead of only one single eye in the middle of his forehead. Mila doesn't degenerate as far as Duma does from what I know, but she does have a moment where she does look crazy, so they could stretch it with a degenerated Mila.

I was actually thinking after making my post that I'd love if they gave us classic Duma using a fallen incarnation. By classic Duma I mean using his more monstrous (and slightly less draconic but he was always meant to be a dragontm) Gaiden sprite. His tentacle weapons is also completely unreferenced in Heroes so there's still potential there.

7 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Putting on my cynical corporate hat, I can definitely see this banner continuing because:

a) it allows IS to quietly check off an (almost?) all-male banner and/or some villains that'd be really tough to fit in normal NH banners without being a money loss.

b) and (wonders of wonders) still be a reasonably reliable moneymaker due to the slightly better kits + art.

Guess-wise I'd be mildly happy with almost any of the guesses above - it's the only non-NH banner that I reserve an open mind for due to an affinity for villains and just how good these are usually treated. I'd pull for Orson and Bertram. And would guess at fallen!Ninian showing up reasonably soon.

And then it will be revealed to be the four Maidens with Ninian as a GHB XD

4 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

How would that work? What, just mad-wyvern-Rajaion in the same picture as Ena? Honestly, I can't see it, but who knows. IS is unpredictable at best, so...

To be fair, Risen Chrom is more cannon/likely to be cannon than Berserk Ike. Given: Chrom is quite strong + being killed by Grima = like to have ben made a Risen.

Oh wow. This has literally just made me remember that Anankos did that to all of the first gen units in Fates. So yeah amend to my massive list above every first gen Fates unit except Takumi and Azura (even Anankos Corrins I wouldn't rule out as it's different to their current fallen forms and would let them use the other forms of the Yato, though I wouldn't particularly want four years worth of Fallen Corrin in a row).

... Side tangent for a moment, we don't have any Cipher OCs in Heroes, do we? Of course, Cipher being dead and all, I guess it's not likely to happen.

Well I expect we'll see the ones that appeared in Shadows of Valentia eventually since they've actually used most of the Valentia cast already. Wether they'll actually be Shadows of Valentia characters or will be categorized as a brand new game will remain to be seen. Personally I think maybe compiling TMS, Warriors OCs and Cipher characters into their own "Other" unit category would work well. It's not like we'll ever be given nearly enough TMS characters to use in a game mode unless it explodes in popularity and they give us tonnes of alts. The cynic in me says the TMS cast only even got in because their game had a remake they wanted to promote (and even after, what is it like two years now(?) they haven't given us a second banner to complete the roster).

10 hours ago, indigoasis said:

They have sort of done this, actually, but in reverse. Before we got Fallen Lyon, we got base Lyon. It was revealed in the Forging Bonds event that had those Fallen Heroes that base Lyon is actually from a time after Fallen Lyon. Technically, Lyon is sort of like a redeemed Fallen Lyon, if that makes sense.

This is a side note, but I honestly really like the idea of Heroes who have fallen in a more literal sense (characters like Lyon and Sigurd who have actually already passed away by the time they were summoned, or are at least implied to have already passed away). I think it makes the whole idea of summoning characters a lot more interesting; we don't know from what point in their timeline they've been pulled from, so they could already be dead by the time we summon them (I don't really know how that works, but it sounds cool enough to me).

Anyway, I do understand what you mean with the concept of redeemed villains as an idea for a banner, though! I'd definitely be interested in seeing something like that someday. Do you have any ideas for characters that could be included?

I made a thread saying they should have done exactly that when the story reached the underworld in Book 3. Granted it would have really tied their hands if they had to do it for the entire remainder of Book 3, but for the first one or two months when their in the underworld in Book 3 (before going to alternate Askr or something?) it would have been really nice to have a "Dead Characters Banner" where it's characters who actually die during the course of the games.

Edited by Jotari