May 2021 Fallen Heroes Speculation

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

I was actually thinking after making my post that I'd love if they gave us classic Duma using a fallen incarnation. By classic Duma I mean using his more monstrous (and slightly less draconic but he was always meant to be a dragontm) Gaiden sprite. His tentacle weapons is also completely unreferenced in Heroes so there's still potential there.

And then it will be revealed to be the four Maidens with Ninian as a GHB XD

Oh wow. This has literally just made me remember that Anankos did that to all of the first gen units in Fates. So yeah amend to my massive list above every first gen Fates unit except Takumi and Azura (even Anankos Corrins I wouldn't rule out as it's different to their current fallen forms and would let them use the other forms of the Yato, though I wouldn't particularly want four years worth of Fallen Corrin in a row).

Well I expect we'll see the ones that appeared in Shadows of Valentia eventually since they've actually used most of the Valentia cast already. Wether they'll actually be Shadows of Valentia characters or will be categorized as a brand new game will remain to be seen. Personally I think maybe compiling TMS, Warriors OCs and Cipher characters into their own "Other" unit category would work well. It's not like we'll ever be given nearly enough TMS characters to use in a game mode unless it explodes in popularity and they give us tonnes of alts. The cynic in me says the TMS cast only even got in because their game had a remake they wanted to promote (and even after, what is it like two years now(?) they haven't given us a second banner to complete the roster).

I made a thread saying they should have done exactly that when the story reached the underworld in Book 3. Granted it would have really tied their hands if they had to do it for the entire remainder of Book 3, but for the first one or two months when their in the underworld in Book 3 (before going to alternate Askr or something?) it would have been really nice to have a "Dead Characters Banner" where it's characters who actually die during the course of the games.

I kind of pictured them as a flying unit with Rajaion as the primary attacker and Ena as a support unit riding him.

29 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I kind of pictured them as a flying unit with Rajaion as the primary attacker and Ena as a support unit riding him.

Wrong quotation, I didn't talk about Rajaion and Ena at all (though part of your comment was included in my quote when I was talking about another of your comment).

But while I'm here and posting, I've given it some thought and I think I really want to see Morva as a fallen hero either this year or next. Mainly because unlike pretty much every other option, he's a unit I think that only works as a fallen hero. Because he's in the rather unfortunate position wherein he has a human form and a dragon form, but his human form comes from before his corruption and his dragon form comes from after it. So in essence we don't know what he looks like uncorrupted in dragon form (they could just use his corrupted form but it looks kind of evil for him, just reusing Myrrh's sprite is another option but it's kind of boring). By all that I mean Fallen Morva is the only Morva we actually have). Even if we want to invent an uncorrupted form for him, he's just not a big enough character to really justify to regular alts. And then just on top of all that, he's just a really flat character. We get like a single line of dialogue from him before he's killed and that's it. All he has to stand to his name that he protects the Darkling Woods. Might as well make it his fallen version so he can at least talk about how he failed to protect the Darkling Woods.

TLDR Morva is too boring and lacks a dragon design to have a regular alt, so he just plain works best as a Fallen Unit.

Here's a recolour someone did for what a living Morva could look like

uc?export=view&id=1lCOE_Jv9pNMpceDaGAnADbhznEnvzacn

Fan made though.

Edelgard
Dimitri
Risen!Chrom
...What colourless bow options do we have for this slot?

GHB: Angry!Wyrs (they've directly referenced this in a Forging Bonds and its a Cipher card. It would be a hilarious option)

Also if they wanted to pull something completely out of left field... Mist. She's able to hold onto the Fire Emblem because of her control of her emotions. If for some reason you let her attack The Black Knight in FE9 she's rather furious. Imagine a version of Mist where Ike was slain while she was holding the Fire Emblem. 

7 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Edelgard
Dimitri
Risen!Chrom
...What colourless bow options do we have for this slot?

GHB: Angry!Wyrs (they've directly referenced this in a Forging Bonds and its a Cipher card. It would be a hilarious option)

Also if they wanted to pull something completely out of left field... Mist. She's able to hold onto the Fire Emblem because of her control of her emotions. If for some reason you let her attack The Black Knight in FE9 she's rather furious. Imagine a version of Mist where Ike was slain while she was holding the Fire Emblem. 

Draco, or otherwise known as Deadlord Eyvel, or otherwise known as Deadlord Briggid. Mikoto could be another option, considering the version we have for her already is a staff unit.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:08 AM, indigoasis said:

This is a side note, but I honestly really like the idea of Heroes who have fallen in a more literal sense 

Spoiler

Would't that be a very lonely banner with just Emmeryn and Kaze😄

But that could be interesting too. Seeing someone like Sigurd look back on what happened after he fell and having some opinions on that.

As for my candidates. Two likely ones would be Hardin and Eremiya. Both freed from Gharnef's controll and back to the persons they once where, but still knowing what happened in fe12. Fernand could work too since he denounced his views at the end and...uh its actually kinda hard finding suitable candidates. Ashunera?

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Gunther too! And we just need one more, hmm...

Tries thinking...

...Sothe? 

Remember how at the end of 3-12 Tibarn rushed in and grabbed Sothe and threatened to drop him if Micaiah didn't surrender, and then actually dropped him, but fake out! because he a had a hawk down there to catch him? Well, what if some little mistake happened and nobody caught him? Splat?

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tries thinking...

...Sothe? 

Remember how at the end of 3-12 Tibarn rushed in and grabbed Sothe and threatened to drop him if Micaiah didn't surrender, and then actually dropped him, but fake out! because he a had a hawk down there to catch him? Well, what if some little mistake happened and nobody caught him? Splat?

Hey he still fell, even if he didn't splat. Good enough for me XD

I'm honestly tired of Fallen Heroes but if it has Deadlord Draco, Anguilla or Equus then maybe I'd like it.

Spoiler

Otherwise known as Brigid, Tailtiu and Saias.  Though the second is obviously not confirmed and the third could be considered a pretty big stretch (still a Fjalar blood Bishop though!)

34 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I'm honestly tired of Fallen Heroes but if it has Deadlord Draco, Anguilla or Equus then maybe I'd like it.

Hide contents

Otherwise known as Brigid, Tailtiu and Saias.  Though the second is obviously not confirmed and the third could be considered a pretty big stretch (still a Fjalar blood Bishop though!)

Minor Fjalar blood if I recall.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Minor Fjalar blood if I recall.

It should be Major Fjalar, granddad Coen says he has the Brand, and only Majors get that. It's partly why Coen is concerned about Saias's safety, the old man somehow knows Manfroy knows Saias has the markings and what that means.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It should be Major Fjalar, granddad Coen says he has the Brand, and only Majors get that. It's partly why Coen is concerned about Saias's safety, the old man somehow knows Manfroy knows Saias has the markings and what that means.

Yeah, that's my point. Saias should have major holy blood, but the Dead Lords all have minor holy blood. At least in the current game. I did recently suggest in a remake of Genealogy they should use Thracia character portraits for the Deadlords.

Although until that actually happens I think any assertion that any of the Genealogy Deadlords are anyone is just wishful thinking.

Just give me Morva please.

I think he has a chance. He was added to last CYL and Spring Myrrh TT final battle gave me a lot of Morva vibes. That song...

I hope to see Orson and Morva in FEH in a future. And Nergal, of course. But I think he should be added as a regular hero first. I just hope they dont give a trash kit to him when he comes to FEH... at least a PRF (Sonia...)

• 2 weeks later...

It occurs to me, perhaps over-optimistically, that Nasir could easily fit into a Fallen Heroes banner (or the opposing Redeemed Heroes banner that some posters here have suggested at times). The eye color doesn't add up, but he is one of the few morally good characters who is forced by circumstance to make a morally evil decision.

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It occurs to me, perhaps over-optimistically, that Nasir could easily fit into a Fallen Heroes banner (or the opposing Redeemed Heroes banner that some posters here have suggested at times). The eye color doesn't add up, but he is one of the few morally good characters who is forced by circumstance to make a morally evil decision.

He stole the medallion, right? Could make for good AU fodder.

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Fallen Heroes aint that deep bro. It's less about anything the characters do and more about whether we can give them clouds of purple swirly smoke. It's not like Julia or Delthea make morally evil decisions or anything. They're just plain brainwashed. I see a hypothetical feral drug Nasir as more likely than normal Nasir talking about how he was forced to betray people.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Fallen Heroes aint that deep bro. It's less about anything the characters do and more about whether we can give them clouds of purple swirly smoke. It's not like Julia or Delthea make morally evil decisions or anything. They're just plain brainwashed. I see a hypothetical feral drug Nasir as more likely than normal Nasir talking about how he was forced to betray people.

You're probably right, and that's really sad.

Lazy theme is lazy.

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

You're probably right, and that's really sad.

Lazy theme is lazy.

If it helps I expect we'll be seeing Nasir soon enough. The number of potential new breath units is very low right now. Of playable breath units I think it's literally just him an Kurthnaga who aren't in the game, though Ena is a seasonal.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

If it helps I expect we'll be seeing Nasir soon enough. The number of potential new breath units is very low right now. Of playable breath units I think it's literally just him an Kurthnaga who aren't in the game, though Ena is a seasonal.

There's also Gareth, and the non-seasonal versions of Ena and Dheginsea. 

The positive side is that if/when he is added, he'll probably be the GHB/demote.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

There's also Gareth, and the non-seasonal versions of Ena and Dheginsea. 

The positive side is that if/when he is added, he'll probably be the GHB/demote.

Oh yes Gareth XD So minor I forgot him. Poor sap.

Pedantic I know, but I noted that Ena is a seasonal and Dehegensea isn't playable. Of the unplayable dragons we still have two Medeuses, Morva, Yahn, some form of Anankos and possibly a second Rhea before they have to start reaching for units like Breath Gunther or minor Archanean bosses.