Want to create a Translated version of Fire Emblem 9 in my language

I already made this post on r/fireemblem, but I got no help

Basically, want to create a Translated Patch in portuguese for Fire Emblem 9, and I kinda need help to put accentuation on the game and put the "files" on the ISO because I'm a totally noob in that

I have all the the text translated "by hand", just need to put that in the ISO

Any rom-hackers want to help? (If someone Portuguese see this, better, it will be helpful for communication)

5 minutes ago, Livi said:

I already made this post on r/fireemblem, but I got no help

Basically, want to create a Translated Patch in portuguese for Fire Emblem 9, and I kinda need help to put accentuation on the game and put the "files" on the ISO because I'm a totally noob in that

I have all the the text translated "by hand", just need to put that in the ISO

Any rom-hackers want to help? (If someone Portuguese see this, better, it will be helpful for communication)

I'm don't have the time to help you actively with your idea, because i'm too busy with my own FE10 projects. However, I can tell you a few things here to get you started.

- Are you sure you've gotten every thing piece of text. Even the obscure boss quotes and random talk commands.
- Have you read through the FE10 hacking notes topic yet? Might be Fe10 related, but also applies to FE9 for quite a few things. 

- Are all weapon descriptions, class descriptions and all commands etc translated?

And most importantly, for when you're actually editting:

The game in hex code has a lot of restrictions. You may have everything translated, but the game divides everything in little chunks that fit in the text boxes. And thus you can't randomly copy paste everything. You need to have all your stuff translated within the boundries the game sets.

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I'm don't have the time to help you actively with your idea, because i'm too busy with my own FE10 projects. However, I can tell you a few things here to get you started.

- Are you sure you've gotten every thing piece of text. Even the obscure boss quotes and random talk commands.
- Have you read through the FE10 hacking notes topic yet? Might be Fe10 related, but also applies to FE9 for quite a few things. 

- Are all weapon descriptions, class descriptions and all commands etc translated?

And most importantly, for when you're actually editting:

The game in hex code has a lot of restrictions. You may have everything translated, but the game divides everything in little chunks that fit in the text boxes. And thus you can't randomly copy paste everything. You need to have all your stuff translated within the boundries the game sets.

Basically I translated all the game script on Serenes Forest, so I think all the text are all translated? 

And yes I have all the weapons translated, but the descriptions not

Someone has already talk to me about the hex problem, but I think it was a problem only on ISO European

I not understand a thing about rom-hacking, sorry

3 hours ago, Livi said:

Basically I translated all the game script on Serenes Forest, so I think all the text are all translated? 

And yes I have all the weapons translated, but the descriptions not

Someone has already talk to me about the hex problem, but I think it was a problem only on ISO European

I not understand a thing about rom-hacking, sorry

The Serenes page has, if I'm estimating, around 40% off all the text in game that'd need translating.

Other than that, you don't seem to have a grasp on the hex problem, because that "problem" is not only on the EU rom. That "problem" is how the entire game is structured. So it's not a problem, it's how you have to follow the rules of how the game is built.

As said, start reading the hacking notes topic to get started. 😉