E3 2021 Hopes/Predictions

With E3 2021 announced as an all digital event and multiple companies, including Nintendo, confirmed, I thought it would be a good time to start the speculation train.

My hopes:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Path of Radiance

Fire Emblem Warriors 2

Dante for Smash

Nihon Falcom rep for Smash

New MonoliftSoft IP

Golden Sun 1 & 2 HD

Golden Sun Warriors

My predictions:

BotW2 cinematic trailer and title drop. No gameplay, summer 2022 release date.

Metroid Prime 3 cinematic trailer and title drop. Late 2022/early 2023 release date.

Wind Waker HD port to Switch

Age of Calamity DLC characters revealed

New Phoenix Wright

Crash Bandicoot for Smash

Fire Emblem Echoes: Binding Blade

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Shin Megami Tensei V release date and gameplay trailer

Pokemon Legends Arceus delayed

My fears:

No Fire Emblem announcements

Another first party Smash character

Age of Calamity dlc extended or delayed (I want them to move on from the game asap).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a godbless for me.

There are enough non Nintendo characters in this game already.

Anyways gaming year 2021 won't be exciting for me. Only interesting to know would be finally an official release date for Shin Megami Tensei V.

Also announcement of another Kirby game would be awesome, but I guess it will happen on his 30th birthday next year.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

With E3 2021 announced as an all digital event

As a European, E3 is always a digital event.

Anyway, some Metroid Prime 4 news would be nice.

57 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

With E3 2021 announced as an all digital event and multiple companies, including Nintendo, confirmed, I thought it would be a good time to start the speculation train.

My hopes:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Path of Radiance -

Fire Emblem Warriors 2

Dante for Smash

New MonoliftSoft IP

Golden Sun 1 & 2 HD

My predictions:

BotW2 cinematic trailer and title drop. No gameplay, summer 2022 release date.

Metroid Prime 4 cinematic trailer and title drop. Late 2022/early 2023 release date. 

Wind Waker HD port to Switch

Age of Calamity DLC characters revealed

New Phoenix Wright

Fire Emblem Echoes: Binding Blade

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Shin Megami Tensei V release date and gameplay trailer

Pokemon Legends Arceus delayed

My fears:

No Fire Emblem announcements

Age of Calamity dlc extended or delayed (I want them to move on from the game asap).

So no Genealogy/Thracia? 

This aside, I'd kill to get Dante in smash, Echoes Tellius games, and Xenoblade 3.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something about this rumored "next evolution" of the Kirby franchise that's been rumored.

Also, wasn't there a whole bunch of Phoenix Wright stuff in the Capcom leak a few months back? (Great Ace Attorney, Apollo Justice HD, etc.)

15 minutes ago, Boatcat2111 said:

So no Genealogy/Thracia? 

This aside, I'd kill to get Dante in smash, Echoes Tellius games, and Xenoblade 3.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something about this rumored "next evolution" of the Kirby franchise that's been rumored.

Also, wasn't there a whole bunch of Phoenix Wright stuff in the Capcom leak a few months back? (Great Ace Attorney, Apollo Justice HD, etc.)

I would also like Geneology. I just think there is a very good chance that they'll use a game popularized by Roy or Ike for franchise-growing sales success. I would personally prefer PoR, as I think the game was nigh-perfect for its time and could use a bit of a QoL and presentation touch up. (Of course, I also feel the same way about SS, and I know that aint happening. Because for some reason we give that game a hard time while the vastly inferior Gaiden/SoV gets a pass for doing most of the same things but worse).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

No predictions, hopes minimal and best dashed out of mind entirely. The best expectations are no expectations, because, then, you can only be surprised, though even that doesn't assure that you're guaranteed to be looking up.

As for those thinking XC3, eh, wait on that. XCX2 takes priority to me, I've been clinging to a precipice for too long and would like to be able to let go.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oh yeah, E3 is a thing. I remember I would usually binge the Nintendo Treehouse stuff and get caught up on the other announcements later. Man, I've been out of the loop with the latest news and the like.

As for me, I would like to see anything Fire Emblem related. I'm expecting an "Echoes" remake to be next, although there may be a new mainline FE teaser.
--  Maybe Dragon's Dogma 2 if that is far enough in the pipeline.
-- Anything else is just a bonus.

What date has it been announced for?

I'll be happy with any Fire Emblem news, really. Don't really have any other expectations or hopes, really.

Though I would be pretty happy with BOTW2 news...

I don't really have many expectations for E3. I would be happy if any of these happens though...

• NIS announces an official translation for Hajimari no Kiseki for Steam and other consoles and releases early 2022
  • Capcom announces an official translation for the Great Ace Attorney games for all systems and Steam
  • More information on the Sinnoh remakes and the Arceus game
  • New Fire Emblem game. Don't really care if it is a spinoff, remake or brand new game
  • New Smash Bros DLC announcement, maybe they will announce the last character there as well
  • Mario Kart 9 announcement
  • Any Sonic announcements

Honestly I am not hoping for much since COVID messed up development time a lot last year.

I just want Bayonetta 3 news and a release date for SMT V, anything after that is just a nice extra.

I did had some thoughts for E3 2021 that I could see some might show up.

My predictions that I think we might see in E3 2021 is:

1. Challenger Pack 10 reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  2. Famicom Detective Club Showcase
  3. Splatoon 3 Showcase
  4. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shiny Pearl Showcase & Arceus Legends Showcase
  5. Shin Megami Tensei V Showcase
  6. Bayonetta 3 Trailer

My hopes:

1. Fire Emblem Judgral Remakes or a new installment announcement
  2. Any more Retro Nintendo 1st Party Remakes such as The Mysterious Murasame Castle, StarTropics, etc.
  3. Mario Kart 9 since we need a sequel since I didn't bothered to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe since I already bought it for Wii U.
  4. Final Fantasy XIII port for Nintendo Switch
  5. Trailer of a seperate downloadable release of Bowser's Fury so that players who own Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U don't have to pay for $59.99 for buying just for Bowser's Fury.
  6. Capcom either bring Mega Man 12 or Street Fighter V ported to Nintendo Switch
  7. A new SNK game announcement

My fears:

1. Llyod Irving or any Tales Reps gets deconfirm or a second Bandai Namco franchise rep gets deconfirmed for Fighter Pass Vol. 2 incase if Nintendo decides to showcase Challenger Pack 11 Trailer (if it's not Bandai Namco related) similar to like the Nintendo Driect from E3 2019 did show off the Heroes and Banjo & Kazooie in the same direct.
Edited by King Marth 64

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

New Smash Bros DLC announcement, maybe they will announce the last character there as well

There's two left and we probably aren't getting the next one until E3.

Please note that my "hopes" and "fears" lists will include stuff that I know is absolutely ludicrous or just plain unlikely, with a 0.5% chance of happening at the most generous (least generous in the case of fears). I'll mark these with an (L) for "ludicrous"

My hopes:

1. New information about Breath of the Wild 2.

2. A public apology for misleading fans about the content of Age of Calamity and a promise to be more transparent going forward (L), as well as a second wave of DLC that acts as an "original timeline" campaign.

3. Skyward Sword HD is revealed to fully support a left-handed control option: if selected, the motion controls get mapped to the opposite joy-cons (so swing the left joy-con to swing the sword) and the game is mirrored to make Link left-handed to match.

4. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn HD Bundle.

5. A Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance anime created by an animation studio that knows what they're doing, cares about the product they're making, and won't file for bankruptcy after only making two episodes (L).

6. Xenoblade Chronicles X Switch port (I still have the Wii U version; it's more a hope that the game gets a second chance).

7. An announcement of Final Fantasy Versus XIII: after 7 years of development before cancellation and rebranding as Final Fantasy XV, Nomura's original vision finally gets to be realized; this time being made on an engine that's actually finished and can handle an open-world game (L).

My Predictions:

1. Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD ports to Switch. The Wind Waker HD port will have less bloom than the Wii U version.

2. New information about Breath of the Wild 2.

3. Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War + Thracia 776.

4. Pokémon Legends Arceus delayed + a small amount of new information. 

Fears:

1. Eiji Aonuma vows to make every Link right-handed from here on out and make every Link right-handed retroactively, as well as cut off the left hands of every Nintendo employee who favours their left hand (L).

2. Star Fox Zero Switch port (L).

3. Nintendo announces that they cannot make a Switch port of Xenoblade Chronicles X due to software and hardware issues.

4. A bunch of remakes and ports are announced as limited-release.

Edited by vanguard333

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I think NSSKG151 meant they'll might show two reveal trailers for both Challenger Pack 10 & 11 Fighters together in E3 2021 similar to like Hero and Banjo & Kazooie were both been announced the same day back at E3 2019 was around. It could be possible to do it similar way in E3 2021.

Edited by King Marth 64

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

DLC is planned to be wrapped up by the end of 2021. I'm not sure if they will end up revealing the two final characters at the same time but I do think at least one will show up for E3. And if it does end up being just one then the final one will end up being revealed and released this autumn/winter instead.

METROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY WANT METROIIIIIIIDDDD!!!! 

Come on Nintendo! We're starving over here, lol. Bayonetta 3 fans should also have a bone thrown to them soon!

Let's hope MP4's development is going well!! 🤞
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.pIrETzZemdjzrXUicLSmCwHaEL%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Edited by Dinar87

the only hopes i have for this year's E3 are two: FF XVI and Tales of Arise.

would be really nice to have some new infos and eventually new gameplay footage for both of them. i still check these trailers once in a while, just to revive the hype a bit:

Spoiler

My hopes.

Kid Icarus Uprising remaster for Switch

Thracia/Binding remake

Announcement of a new mainline 2D metroid game to begin development after next years Prime 4 release

A more powerful if less portable Switch, that can actually run at 60fps

Castlevania Visual Novel.

Literally anything about Custom Robo, ninty please. 

My predictions. 

BDSP showcase as well as update on Legends: Arceus

Prime 4 is still in the works guys, it's still happening don't cancel your pre-orders

BOTW2 teaser

Famicom Detective showcase. 

Tellius bundle digital only limited release. 

Teaser for new FE

New Mario game in 3D World engine, still 60 bucks. 

My Fears. 

Prime 4 not acknowledged at all. 

Legends Arceus delayed. 

New Sword/Shield DLC

Genealogy remake in 3H engine (or at all really it's the game I'd least like to see remade and it would probably have to undergo some large changes to be image friendly)

Thracia 776 digital only limited release. 

Still ain't got anything to show for BOTW2

Fates port. 

My only hope is a Yo-kai Watch 4 localization. It's also likely that there's going to be a DLC fighter announced.

7 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Kid Icarus Uprising remaster for Switch

Oh nononono. No remake. Nothing less then a full blown sequel. I didn't wait a full decade just to play the same game and story again.

The adventure of Pit must go on! More Pit, more Pittoo, more Palutena, more Viridi and even if his story is over more Hades too. 

Mmm. Either I'm not in a betting mood or this situation is too tough to predict. Furthermore Summer Games Fest is STILL a thing just a week or two before, making this the first (only?) year where the two will coincide. You could very well bet on something at one event only for it to appear at another. Plus very few publishers are confirmed to even be there at this point. I guess Nintendo bets are doable in the wake of recent news. Let's see...

• A teaser trailer for Monolith Soft's new game. And it doesn't have Xenoblade in the title. 
  • No More Heroes 3 reveals two player co-op, a mock visual novel/sim minigame, and vows reviewers will "shit their pants" playing this game.
  • Fire Emblem Echoes of the Holy War. It's happening baby. I feel it.
  • Splatoon 3's single player mode is set in one large open world rather than having a hub world to select levels in. Train stations serve as a fast travel service while also being the method by which you return to the city's "lobby" area where you do multiplayer related stuff.
  • I'm more willing to bet on a 2D metroid game developed by MercurySteam than Prime 4 at this rate. Prime 4 is still vaporware as far as I'm concerned. But both are too risky so I'll pass. Heck, the last metroid game wasn't technically "announced" at an E3 direct. It just sort of showed up in a Treehouse livestream the next day, slated for release in a couple months. The randomness of Metroid announcements is why you'd never bet on it. 
  • Folks assuming that Breath of the Wild 2 is releasing this year because of its anniversary are probably the same people who bet that "Zelda U" would release in 2016, the series' 30th anniversary. Still, that doesn't discount the potential for a trailer. I'll bet that we see a mostly-cinematic trailer and a vague 2022 release date. And the Wii U ports of Windwaker and Twilight Princess HD. Because I'm willing to bet those are sitting on a shelf somewhere.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh nononono. No remake. Nothing less then a full blown sequel. I didn't wait a full decade just to play the same game and story again.

The adventure of Pit must go on! More Pit, more Pittoo, more Palutena, more Viridi and even if his story is over more Hades too. 

If I recall correctly the post credits gag of that game is Hades claiming he'd return in another twenty years, since that was the length of the previous gap in entries. Now, nine years later, I'd almost encourage them to do just that. In any case, I only recommend remastering Uprising if they're ready to begin development on a proper sequel. Because giving more people access to a game like Uprising is only going to cause a greater uproar of sequel cries. 

I really would like Sakurai to make his own game again, but I can't see a scenario where he's not working on Smash Bros. The DLC for the current entry will probably only end when he's handed a development kit for the next Nintendo system, so that he can start on the next proper game. For all we know that day is fast approaching. My ideal Uprising sequel isn't a kid icarus game though. It's a Star Fox game. He's proven a master at writing these sorts of characters and incorporating them into this sort of on rails gameplay. The on foot sections of Uprising aren't too dissimilar from the on foot sections of Star Fox Assault. It's a match made in heaven. And both Assault and Uprising are criminally underrated entries into dead franchises.

No predicted games here, but I do expect more caution in revealing games here-on out. So less companies can avoid the blunders Cyberpunk 2007 did.

Sony will continue the trend on primary focusing on big western AAA games. Please don't get the rumor about the re-remakes of the 1st Last of Us be true.

X-box highlight real of all the games that you can "own" if you get the game pass.

Ubisoft/EA: Same old routine with sports, Assassins Creed, and pushing own platforms.

Nintendo: Couple teasers for long running series, hint of the next Switch model, more ports of older games for 60 dollars. I just want to see info about SMT 5.

I think I might have forgotten to add some into my previous list. But I do like to see some other ones that I would think it might worth for E3 2021. 

My other new Predictions that I might add in:

1. King of Fighters XV Showcase and New Fighter Trailers
  2. More Arcade Archives Trailers and Announcements for Nintendo Arcades similar to like they did with Sky Skipper and Punch-Out!! in 2019
  3. New Nintendo IPs Announcements
  4. Nintendo 64 Online Announcement

My other new hopes that I might add in:

1. Neo Geo Pocket Selection Vol. 2 Trailer (Since SNK did announced Vol. 1 recently a while ago, I'm starting to wonder if Vol. 2 will be showing more in E3)
  2. More 99 Style games announcments that are similarf to Tetris 99, Super Mario Mario Bros. 35, and newly recent Pac-Man 99.
  3. DLC Trailer of more Arcade Games for Capcom Arcade Stadium that weren't introduced in the launch day that they could add in like Mega Man: The Power Battle series for example.
  4. Another Mega Man Legacy Collection that wasn't included before like Mega Man Legends series, Star Force series, or Battle Network series
On 4/10/2021 at 9:35 AM, Michelaar said:

How are people expecting Famicom Detective to be showcased? The games release in May, and E3 is in June.

Oh yeah, you're right, I forgot that E3 usually be around in June.

Edited by King Marth 64