Silver Snow : Who can be a leader in each country ?

Who can be a leader in each country ?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Adrestia Empire

• Ferdinand
    • Linhardt
    • Caspar
    • Bernadetta
    • Dorothea
    • Petra
  2. 2. Holy Kingdom of Faerghus

3. 3. Leicester Alliance

• Lorenz
    • Raphael
    • Ignatz
    • Lysithea
    • Marianne
    • Hilda
    • Leonie

In my opinion :

- Adrestia Empire : Ferdinand

Mentioned his father retired his job and possible to succeeded.

- Holy Kingdom of Faerghus : Felix 

After his father died who have a relationship with Dimitri father, it's highly possible to success his father.

- Leicester Alliance : Lorenz

House Gloucester is a little popular in Alliance if we no count Riegan and Lorenz like Leicester Alliance.

Ferdinand is the obvious one to lead the Adrestian Empire. House Aegir have always been the second house and will thus likely succeed the Hresvelgs if anything where to happen to them.

With the Alliance the same would apply to Lorenz. In fact its pretty much canon that house Gloucester takes over after Claude leaves. See, feeding the heir of a rival house to a giant wolf does lead to your house eventually taking over the country!

The Kingdom is the more tricky one. House Fraldarius seems to be the second most prominent house within Faerghus but Felix would no doubt refuse the position as firmly as possible. No way is Felix going to agree to become king. In some endings he doesn't even want to be a duke. Sylvain might be third in line but he doesn't seem like a very willing candidate either. It could be possible that the Kingdom is destined to die with Dimitri. 

Ferdinand and Lorenz are pretty obviously second in command, family wise,Brie the thrones of their countries. The more difficult question is the kingdom. No house really seems to be particularly prominent there other than the royal family, but we can remove Ashe and Mercedes for not being tied by blood to a kingdom house and we can remove Ingrid because she’s from a house that has no money which implies it is far from the most prominent and thus far from being considered. That leaves us with Felix, Sylvain and Annette. Felix doesn’t even want to be the ruler of just his own territory, so it’s hard to see him accepting the throne. Whether or not Sylvain would accept the throne is a bit of a hard question, since on the one hand he is a “crests ruined my life!” character and here’s the chance to fix that, but on the other hand he is very jaded so would he even think he could? And he also doesn’t like to take much seriously. Sylvain gets a maybe. Annette, on the other hand, likely wouldn’t deny the throne? I mean, I can’t see her jumping for joy at the prospect or anything but she’s not really presented as someone who wouldn’t, especially considering how ambitious she is. But would the throne be offered to the heir of a territory that joined the empire? Did they even willingly join the empire? And did Annette, if unrecruited, follow suit? It’s between Sylvain and Annette, but I give the slight advantage to Annette.

Of course this is only if we consider amongst the students. Ferdinand certainly would be next in line for the empire either way. Rodrigue almost certainly died fighting alongside Dimitri but on the off chance he didn’t, as a very duty oriented person who was very close with the royal family I would give him the throne. And of course Count Gloucester, who is basically confirmed to survive the battle at his territory and after it because Claude’s plans aren’t allowed to fail of Claude’s plan, though I guess it’s possible he could have died elsewhere in the war.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Annette, on the other hand, likely wouldn’t deny the throne? I mean, I can’t see her jumping for joy at the prospect or anything but she’s not really presented as someone who wouldn’t, especially considering how ambitious she is. But would the throne be offered to the heir of a territory that joined the empire? Did they even willingly join the empire? And did Annette, if unrecruited, follow suit? It’s between Sylvain and Annette, but I give the slight advantage to Annette.

Annette likely wouldn't even be asked. House Dominic seems very low on the Kingdom hierarchy. Annette's uncle is only a baron and Gilbert describes their family as ''mere feudal lords'' despite being descended from the 10 elites. And then there's that whole treason business too. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Annette likely wouldn't even be asked. House Dominic seems very low on the Kingdom hierarchy. Annette's uncle is only a baron and Gilbert describes their family as ''mere feudal lords'' despite being descended from the 10 elites. And then there's that whole treason business too. 

Well yeah, but we don’t have any good options here imo.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

we can remove Ingrid because she’s from a house that has no money which implies it is far from the most prominent and thus far from being considered

I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss Ingrid as a possibility. While her family is not wealthy, they are fairly prestigious, to the extent that wealthy individuals would want to marry into the family. It also carries the rank of Count which, while lower than the Duke Fraldarius or the Margrave Gautier is still higher than Baron Dominic. Also consider that Ingrid was childhood friends with Dimitri, Felix, and Sylvain, and was betrothed to Glenn. This is not something that would happen to a minor noble from an inconsequential family.

As for points in her favour, I can easily believe that both Felix and Sylvain would support her rule, partly because they recognise she has a better temperament for it, and partly because they'd be eager not to have to do it themselves. Furthermore, she's been raised to the idea of putting her duty before her personal desires, so she might be more willing than any of the other Faerghus nobles to be willing to take on the role.

Of course, the more likely answer is "some random character we've never met nor even heard of", since there are bound to be plenty of such people with better claims or who would otherwise be more suitable. However, if we're limiting ourselves to only the named students, I'd go with Ingrid.

24 minutes ago, lenticular said:

I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss Ingrid as a possibility. While her family is not wealthy, they are fairly prestigious, to the extent that wealthy individuals would want to marry into the family.

It’s implied that the reason for this is because they want her crest of Daphnel to be associated with their family.

“It’s most likely that he wants the Crest of Daphnel that I bear to adorn his family name.” - Ingrid on the subject of the proposal she gets in her paralovgue.

24 minutes ago, lenticular said:

It also carries the rank of Count which, while lower than the Duke Fraldarius or the Margrave Gautier is still higher than Baron Dominic.

There’s a ranking between those titles..? I did not know that.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s a ranking between those titles..? I did not know that.

I don't believe there's anything given in game, but I assume that they would follow basically the same ranking as in real-world Europe. Which would generally be duke > margrave > count > baron. For extra fun, the title of margrave was traditionally given to nobles who controlled border territories, so it's entirely appropriate for Gautier to be a margraviate given its position on the border with Sreng.

For reference:

Emperor/Empress > High King/Queen > King/Queen > Archduke/Archduchess > Prine(ss) > Duke/Duchess > Margrave* > Count(ess) > Viscount(ess) > Baron(ess) > Baronet > Knight/Dame > Gentleman  > Commoners

The above ranking varies by country and time period, and sometimes a lower ranked noble will rise abouve his given power, obviously, but this is the typical ranking of Nobility.

However, Margraves have certain privileges, like not having to pay taxes and having a larger than usual military force on hand. This is due to the fact (as linticular said) Margraves are tasked with keeping the border protected. So, more or less they just have a lower social-political standing than Dukes, but about the same capabilities.

Edited by L3xandr3

Well, canonically (as in, no recruiting) the Deer and the Lions (except Ashe) all get wiped out offscreen courtesy of Gronder 2: Fiery Boogaloo, so... I'd say nobody. Claude cuts his losses and nopes back to Almyra, and all the Alliance heirs are dead. So Leicester's pretty much done for. Faerghus has already been gutted like a fish by part 2, and then Gronder happens, snuffing out any hope of pulling the place back together. And there's no way the Churchpire is ever gonna let Adrestia have any more autonomy after their betrayal, so they're most likely screwed as well.

Or, alternatively, Ashe becomes the new ruler of Faerghus and declares war on the Church to get revenge for Lonato's death lol

I actually kinda want that now.

Edited by RainbowMoon

Adrestia: Ferdinand obviously. People already stated why.

Faerghus: Sylvain. Felix is the most popular choice atm, but I don't think he would want to undergo the burden that is the crown. He isn't even a fan of taking over his own duchy and in some endings he decides to not rule over it. I'm not sure why he's the most popular choice. Is he capable? Yes. Is he willing? Depends on his mood that day. I picked Sylvain because he has consistently shown interest in preserving his house line and having good relations with foreign powers, like Sreng. The only other people the religious country would support are Ingrid and Annette (Mercedes has holy blood but is foreign), but neither of them are natural born leaders. They're both better in a supportive role; Ingrid would rather be a knight to protect the new ruler while Annette's nerves would get the best of her.

Leicester: I voted Hilda, but I truly mean Holst. He's the most popular among Leicester nobles, and House Gloucester always rubbed the other houses the wrong way. The nobles like fighting each other, and I'm sure Lorenz fighting for the Empire in this timeline would be enough reason to stall them from gaining more power, if not, completely strip them of power. Granted, the Leicester alliance gets hit the hardest in this timeline, so many of them aren't alive anyways. But Holst should be alive, and it's implied Hilda elopes(?) with Claude after they leave Fodlan. 

Spoiler

Having your sister be the wife of the neighboring country you always fought with is a pretty good political move, even if they're intentions weren't political.

Plus, the nobles wanted Holst to be the leader of the Alliance prior to Claude's appearance.

6 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Emperor/Empress > High King/Queen > King/Queen > Archduke/Archduchess > Prine(ss) > Duke/Duchess > Margrave* > Count(ess) > Viscount(ess) > Baron(ess) > Baronet > Knight/Dame > Gentleman  > Commoners

Just stepping in to comment that that is the German term, the English is Marquess (Marchioness is the feminine, Marquis is the French).

I'm pointing out because Elibe and the whole Lycian League being marquesses, which doesn't make sense IRL. But, the rules of noble ranking, and also military ranks, tend to be ignored in video games, it's whatever sounds cool and provides variety. Lycia is no surprise.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just stepping in to comment that that is the German term, the English is Marquess (Marchioness is the feminine, Marquis is the French).

I'm pointing out because Elibe and the whole Lycian League being marquesses, which doesn't make sense IRL. But, the rules of noble ranking, and also military ranks, tend to be ignored in video games, it's whatever sounds cool and provides variety. Lycia is no surprise.

1) Fair enough.

2) Fodlan appears to use the German form: Margraves Edmund and Gautier, for example.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Three Houses is generally not too bad in this regard. Not perfect, but not bad. It typically has Dukes with the most power and prestige (eg Duke Riegan, Duke Aegir, Duke Fraldarius) and Barons having the least power and prestige (Baron Dominic, Baron Ochs), and even manages to successfully have the Gautier Margraviate be on the border frontier. There are a few weirdnesses that do seem to have been chosen in accordance with what sounds cool (having the Germanic "Margrave" in the middle of otherwise French style titles, for instance) but it doesn't do a bad job overall.

7 hours ago, lenticular said:

Three Houses is generally not too bad in this regard. Not perfect, but not bad. It typically has Dukes with the most power and prestige (eg Duke Riegan, Duke Aegir, Duke Fraldarius) and Barons having the least power and prestige (Baron Dominic, Baron Ochs), and even manages to successfully have the Gautier Margraviate be on the border frontier. There are a few weirdnesses that do seem to have been chosen in accordance with what sounds cool (having the Germanic "Margrave" in the middle of otherwise French style titles, for instance) but it doesn't do a bad job overall.

Huh. Nice to hear it when it sounds like the writers did their cursory homework, which is enough for me. It's a little sign they actually cared about the world they were creating/setting the game in.

Now if only they included a medieval university hazing ritual, which guy gets his buck teeth yanked out with pliers and then fed pills made of goat or horse dung?

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now if only they included a medieval university hazing ritual, which guy gets his buck teeth yanked out with pliers and then fed pills made of goat or horse dung?

Raphael does. Caspar probably does the yanking, and Claude gives him the pills.

Edited by Sooks

I wonder how can you guys look at Felix and think "Yes, he would be a great leader."
I love Sasuke but he is anything but a good leader.
Anyway, I voted for Ferdinand (the most diplomatic one among the Black Eagles), Ingrid (Not that she would be a great leader, but come on, who else? Sylvain?) and Lorenz (the same as for the Blue Lions, but I'll admit a country leaded by Raphael could be pretty interesting).

14 hours ago, lenticular said:

(having the Germanic "Margrave" in the middle of otherwise French style titles, for instance)

Actually "margrave" is french (the german being Markraf) but it seems very associated with the Carolingian empire (and that's why the word is closer to the german one). However it's really a rare word "marquis" is way more common but has lost some of its connection with the border territories in the late monarchy. So I guess that's why they went with margrave "instead"  

For the actual topic,

for the empire: Ferdinand seems like the more logic choice,

for the kingdom I imagine Sylvain could be pushed by the situation to become the next king as Felix would probably refuse the throne,

And for the alliance I think Holst would be the best suited as stated above  

I mean technically Byleth becomes the reigning king/queen of a united Fódlan so... (and in a no recruit run, all of the BL and GD die (sans Annette if we go based on VW where she is no present at Gronder))

To actually answer the question however, Ferdinand would definitely be the head honcho of Adrestia. He would probably retain his father's prime minister role.

I can see Lorenz becoming the new head of the Alliance round table. Hilda/Holst could too but I would imagine they would be too busy dealing with Fódlan's throat (There is also Judith who could return to the round table since Ordelia ceases to be a noble family).

Faerghus is much more difficult to say. We know that Felix abstains from his nobility (and presumably Rodrigue dies at Gronder), and Ingrid is either focused on restoring her own territory to lead/or leaves the nobility to become a knight depending on who she marries. Annette is too minor a noble and if Ashe becomes a lord, he would also be too minor. So I guess that leaves Sylvain who I could see as, not necessarily king of Faerghus (since Byleth becomes the supreme ruler) but as a just the head honcho and main correspondence between Faerghus and Byleth (considering he technically has the highest status as margrave versus Ingrid being a countess, Annette being baroness (if she een become sthe head that is) and Ashe being a lord. Realistically tho, I can see some distant Blaiddyd relative/Fraldarius relative taking control.

TLDR; Ferdie, Lorenz and Sylvain (aka the cav trio lol)