April/May Event Calendar - What will the Special Heroes be?

LoneStar

So here's the calendar from the official FEH Twitter.

Like the title says, what do you think the special Heroes on the 19th will be? The last years we had the 30th Anniversary and a Picnic Banner, so there isn't really a trend. And Grand Conquest is back on the 14th, a game mode that I actually like, but will probably be obnoxious with the Save skills.

For some reason I want to see the seasonal banner be a cooking or baking banner. I do think it will be a new theme regardless. Since the TT banner is on the 17th we should see the trailer on the 16th. I am actually waiting to see who is on the seasonal banner before deciding if I want to spend orbs on the FE7 banner. May's New Heroes banner might be enticing to me too depending on whether it will actually be Fallen Heroes or something like a Fates or Echoes banner and the Double Special Summoning banner is looking like it is going to have some nice fodder units like Duo Lyn and Pirate Tibarn. Just have to wait and see.

For the curious, the latest datamine more or less confirmed the following characters for the Double Special Heroes [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Brigid, Halloween Tiki & Ninian, Ballroom Lachesis, Ninja Laevatein, Ninja Lyn & Florina, and Pirate Tibarn. 

The remaining two are probably Zihark (could be an older seasonal instead) and Ballroom Quan (blue bows will be summonable on the banner). New Year’s Kaden is not a possibility as red beasts will not be summonable on the banner.

A cooking/baking banner could be interesting. The only character that comes to mind for me would be Annette.

I wonder if they will do anything with the Voting Jubilee results from last year? A teacher banner could be cool.

I would love a tea party banner with Jakob on it.  I wonder if this one will have a harmonic in place of the duo, since next month is brides which makes more sense for a duo instead of a harmonic hero.  I am just hoping to be able to save so I can spark on the fallen banner in May.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I dunno what to expect from the seasonal banner. However, it is pretty telling that it's to go live just before the franchise anniversary day (4/20).

I hope my free summon pulls through on the Gap skills banner -- I could use a Larum for Disarm Trap.

12 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I dunno what to expect from the seasonal banner. However, it is pretty telling that it's to go live just before the franchise anniversary day (4/20).

That means nothing. A Seasons for Picnics also debuted on April 19th in 2019, and of course had nothing to do with the anniversary.

I'd only count on them doing things for the series anniversary when it's a milestone year (which last year was).

Man, I'm getting really sick of all these special heroes banners. Are we seriously going to get literally half of the year's banners as shitty seasonal-locked units? Whatever happened to just making paralogues that aren't seasonal. I'd even take TMS part 2 with a TT instead of a new seasonal theme.

People have been talking about some kind of cooking/baking/etc. banner for a decent while, so I suppose that could be a possibility for the Special Heroes banner. Rebecca and Oscar are two characters who have supports that highlight their cooking.

I'm starting to wonder about the next New Heroes banner. It's gonna be Chapter 7, the midpoint banner. Are we sure it's gonna be a Fallen theme?

6 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

For some reason I want to see the seasonal banner be a cooking or baking banner. I do think it will be a new theme regardless. Since the TT banner is on the 17th we should see the trailer on the 16th. I am actually waiting to see who is on the seasonal banner before deciding if I want to spend orbs on the FE7 banner. May's New Heroes banner might be enticing to me too depending on whether it will actually be Fallen Heroes or something like a Fates or Echoes banner and the Double Special Summoning banner is looking like it is going to have some nice fodder units like Duo Lyn and Pirate Tibarn. Just have to wait and see.

4 hours ago, LoneStar said:

A cooking/baking banner could be interesting. The only character that comes to mind for me would be Annette.

I wonder if they will do anything with the Voting Jubilee results from last year? A teacher banner could be cool.

I will riot if we have a cooking banner and Annette, Hinoka, Setsuna, and Larum are not on it. And maybe Oscar so we have at least 1 good cook in the kitchen.

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm starting to wonder about the next New Heroes banner. It's gonna be Chapter 7, the midpoint banner. Are we sure it's gonna be a Fallen theme?

It's not 100% certain, it's just pretty likely since they've put the Fallen banner in May for the past two years.

Also, Chapter 8 was treated as the midpoint of Book IV. Last year's Fallen banner was also featured in Chapter 7.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

It's not 100% certain, it's just pretty likely since they've put the Fallen banner in May for the past two years.

Also, Chapter 8 was treated as the midpoint of Book IV. Last year's Fallen banner was also featured in Chapter 7.

To elaborate - it seems the reasoning is that the first 7 chapters are designated as the "first half" of the book and the other 6 as the "second half", and the "midpoint" banner is the first chapter of the second half.

Dive Bomb has my orbs, i'm going all-out for that one. The plan is to use the time after to recover for the CYL5 banner latter. Hopefully none of my favs gets a alt in the meant time..

I keep thinking that, this being a Japanese game and all, we'll one day see a school-uniform based theme. The popular opinion is Three Houses, which makes sense, but TMS also sports a bunch of school kids. I'll love to pick up an Itzuki in school uniform, and as many of the others as show up, but i guess that would be too far out of place in the fantasy setting of feh.

Another school anime cliche is the student play. Can you imagine a Romeo Marth? Cinderella  Eirika? Villain Lilina? I think it could be fun.

And, of course, the school festival staple - the student cafe. Here I imagine we would get a bunch of butler and maid alts, and i'm sure it would be popular, like maid Azura or butler Xander.

They don't need to do the beach-trip one since they already do the summer swimsuits, but hey, the sports festival is also big one, and i can definitely see them get on that one at some point.

Anyways, just some wild ideas i got from anime, but if picnics and ninjas are good, anything can fly.

I kind of want another child banner, but I will take pretty much anything since IS is really good about keeping everyone in character no matter what's going on. They just do seasonals so well, and I always love them! This one's always a wild card. A cooking banner may be okay, but we already have that sort of theme scattered throughout the game, not only in the form of forging bonds (like the Krises trying to make food and being helped by Jakob and Oscar - and this isn't even bringing in the Heavy Plate Corps), but also in various seaonals (like Raphael talking about food in the Grimleal banner and Felicia making purple soup in the picnics banner.) Peri, Dedue, Mercedes, and Oscar are the first cooks to come to mind, but I don't know; it doesn't really feel right. Dedue was just introduced, and I'd be a bit sad if Oscar got an alt before Boyd got into the game. And as for Mercedes, I'd rather she get a Halloween alt since she likes telling ghost stories and there are so many people from 3H who are afraid of ghosts, not to mention that support with Ashe and Marianne. (The banner just forms itself, really...)

Anyway, one I keep bringing up is a sleepover banner. Linhardt, Haar, Mitama, Dwyer, Tiki, Mirabilis... Even Python could fit in here. There are a lot of sleepyheads to pull from throughout the series. That said, this feels more like an autumn banner to me -- I don't know. There's always Hanami they could do. Kimono and snacks and cherry blossoms... It would be really pretty.

More or less anything can be a banner theme, so it's really tough to predict what this one will be. A banner dedicated to parents would be cool, though that tends to follow what they do for Valentine's Day. But a banner with Elbert, Fado, Almedha, etc. could be cool. Hmm that's not quite a seasonal theme, though... More like a categorization... Ah! A cultural celebration, like what they did with the Grimleal, could be neat! It'd be especially great to check in on the countries we've visited in previous books and see how they're doing.

I keep thinking that, this being a Japanese game and all, we'll one day see a school-uniform based theme. The popular opinion is Three Houses, which makes sense, but TMS also sports a bunch of school kids. I'll love to pick up an Itzuki in school uniform, and as many of the others as show up, but i guess that would be too far out of place in the fantasy setting of feh.

I think the Japanese school year actually does start in April so a back to school banner would be fitting. I'm just getting really tired of seeing the Garreg Mach uniforms so I hope they do something different.

Edited by UNLEASH IT

I hope either a FE4 Gen 2 (big wish here) or 3H (much more likely) version of The Start of It All.  Seeing Julius before he had his life stolen from him by Loptous would be so good...maybe even as a Julius/Julia duo.  

27 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I hope either a FE4 Gen 2 (big wish here) or 3H (much more likely) version of The Start of It All.  Seeing Julius before he had his life stolen from him by Loptous would be so good...maybe even as a Julius/Julia duo.  

Ooh, that'd be sweet.

I came up with better/more themes!

Farmers/Villagers' Festival - Donnel, Mozu, Meg, Brom, Ram Village people, FE5 village bandit sort of people. This would probably fit better in autumn since it could be a mushroom-picking thing where everyone brings back what they found and make a stew out of it. (Honestly, if that's the case, Kiragi could slip in here, too.)

Art Expedition - Shigure, Kagero, Ignatz, Oliver + Lorenz. I picked as many artists (drawing/painting, not fabric work, performing arts, or literary arts) as I could plus a couple of curators. It'd be nice to see Shigure and Kagro talk about art for a change since they didn't get the chance to in their home game, and just imagine Lorenz and Oliver talking about beauty! I'd love to see them as a harmonic duo!

Well, it seems like classic shonen themes keep showing up here: pirates, ninjas, mechs... You know what's missing? A color-coded squad of vigilantes. Owain+Odin could be "gold" (colorless, perhaps using a staff for a change), green could be Seteth (him trying to keep a secret identity, haaaaa - of course, he'd be an axe user), Kieran (from FE9/10) could be red (using a red dagger, perhaps), and blue could be Lilina (with a blue tome.) There should also be (as a TT reward) Mae as the pink member, perhaps wielding a tome. More members could be added later, too (like Ares being a black member or something in reference to his title as "the black knight." Plus, he fits the archetype.)

I also know I talked about a ladies' muscle beach, but what about a bunch of guys trying to prove that they're men? That is, Lucius, Forrest, Libra, etc. changing up their looks...but letting Forrest design their new clothes. Then either major backfire or (especially in the case of Libra since apparently he's actually ripped, according to his support with Virion) success when people can actually see (in whole or in part) their supper torsos (if the individual's outfit allows for that.)

Since Valentine's Day (in FEH) tends to be more about all kinds of relationships instead of just romantic ones, how about we have a cheesy pickup lines banner featuring Laslow, Gatrie, Sain, Virion, and Sylvain? (Sain is absolutely required to have a quote that at least starts with "O beauteous one!")

If the banner must be all-female, then we could have a Mothers' Day one. There are plenty of moms in the series who aren't represented here.

I think I'm forgetting some more, but here are these. Enjoy!

On 4/9/2021 at 4:14 PM, EricaofRenais said:

I would love a tea party banner with Jakob on it.  

I love this idea. Jakob is due for another alt and a tea party would be perfect for him. Virion could be on this banner, too. He hasn’t had an alt yet, and he has been in Heroes for quite some time.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, Sil/phire said:

And, of course, the school festival staple - the student cafe. Here I imagine we would get a bunch of butler and maid alts, and i'm sure it would be popular, like maid Azura or butler Xander.

I love the butler and maid idea; it wouldn’t surprise me if this were a banner in the future. As much as I love the Fates cast, they can become maids/butlers through reclassing, so I’d rather see characters from other games on this banner. Although I have to admit a Jakob/Dwyer or Jakob/Frederick Duo Hero would be hilarious; in their dialogue they would act competitively against each other. Cherche would work well thematically, and Maid Lissa and Maid Mist would be adorable.

18 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Well, it seems like classic shonen themes keep showing up here: pirates, ninjas, mechs... You know what's missing? A color-coded squad of vigilantes.

Don’t forget Arthur and Cynthia. Neither of them have alts, and what could be better for them than a hero theme?

If the ninja banner ever returns (I hope it does!) I’d love to see Jaffar and Legault. Jaffar could even be a Duo Hero with Nino, although with the Lyn and Florina duo that would mean there would be two sets of Duo Heroes from the same game and with the same theme. Shura would be a good addition, and I’m not afraid of him staying alt-only since he stands a fair chance of being a GHB character on a future Fates banner. Maybe Ryoma could also be part of it (to match his retainers Saizo and Kagero) or Midori, even as a duo with Kaze.

20 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Don’t forget Arthur and Cynthia. Neither of them have alts, and what could be better for them than a hero theme?

I think those two would fit a bit better into a comic book hero style rather than a Power Rangers sort of deal (especially Arthur.) Besides, I was trying to match hair colors + weapon colors, and gold/yellow is already taken (by Owain/Odin instead of Arthur) and Cynthia's hair is gray/brown, which isn't bold enough for this sort of design.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:36 PM, Mercakete said:

Well, it seems like classic shonen themes keep showing up here: pirates, ninjas, mechs... You know what's missing? A color-coded squad of vigilantes. Owain+Odin could be "gold" (colorless, perhaps using a staff for a change), green could be Seteth (him trying to keep a secret identity, haaaaa - of course, he'd be an axe user), Kieran (from FE9/10) could be red (using a red dagger, perhaps), and blue could be Lilina (with a blue tome.) There should also be (as a TT reward) Mae as the pink member, perhaps wielding a tome. More members could be added later, too (like Ares being a black member or something in reference to his title as "the black knight." Plus, he fits the archetype.)

Well if we’re gonna go with shounen manga themes perhaps a shinigami samurai banner? I mean we already have pirates and Ninjas it only seems fair. 

Edited by Ottservia

Every year I hope they will "celebrate spring" with a hanami banner instead of bunny costumes. Technically it's already too late, but who knows, maybe this is the year we get both.

If they want to make it a trend, though, I would love more child units, though they feel like they should have swapped their seasonal status with the Fallen trend and been normal alts.

9 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Well if we’re gonna go with shounen manga themes perhaps a shinigami samurai banner? I mean we already have pirates and Ninjas it only seems fair. 

Good point. Though, wouldn't that basically just be book 3 resplendents? That's the reason I didn't list it. Vampires is also a popular theme, but that gets covered by the Halloween banners (you can make a full team of them by now between Illyana, Henry, Dheginsea and (technically) Ena.) If they did another "cultural celebration" banner, they could make a pseudo-shinigami banner by visiting the dead in Hel (the location.) Could even work as a sort of "Day of the Dead" thing, since skeletons and bright colors are involved (a la Lif, Thrasir, and Hel.) Though we could have alts of characters who die in their home games, we could easily have a Heroes banner there, too, featuring Surtr, Gunnthra, Helbindi, Laegjarn, Gustav, and Freyr. We know for sure that Surtr and Gustav joined the cohort of the dead, but the others we only know died. They probably didn't go to Hel, but with the lady herself gone (and especially Freyr having died after that event), things are probably chaotic enough that these guys could have wound up there. It'd be cool to see them in jelly skelly form, I think. ^_^ Especially Freyr, since he has more unique anatomy. Imagine his goat form!