Tellius Remake - Rumors & Potentials

kradeelav

12 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

You guys are creepos. Refreshing somebody's comments in search of suspicious "hints". Being a leaker and being a fan are not mutually exclusive. She likes Radiant Dawn. That's it.

It's going to be so obnoxious when the "Thanibomb got it Wrong" threads come out when Fire Emblem Echoes of the Holy War gets announced. It's so predictable.

Seconding this, generally. My prior comments was what I'd want to see out of a potential remake, or remaster. But do I think it's happening soon? Nope. This "like/comment trail" is hardly fodder for even wild speculation.

I really hope this isn't true. I could see it being true because honestly this would sell ridiculously well so there definitely is a reason for IS to put forth this remake, but a remake at this point is totally premature. I would at least want to see remakes of Genealogy and Thracia before remakes of these two. Those games didn't age particularly poorly either but it sticks to chronological order and gives an official western release of some kind relating to Jugdral and if I'm being honest I'm heavily biased in favor of Jugdral remakes because Genealogy is my favorite game. It would be sad to see them skip over those and the GBA titles to go straight to these two. I'd like to see them remade at some point because it would be pretty cool and might get a turn off animations or speed up animations option, making me willing to actually replay them (especially RD), but I'm a lot more interested in seeing remakes of 4-8. Those games also had a lot more hardware limitations and ended up with less story content than PoR and RD did, meaning a remake could do more to shore up the story and characters, especially minor characters, many of whom got basically no characterization, whereas PoR and RD don't need this nearly as much since they had more well developed stories with more interactions between characters.

• 5 months later...

I would very much prefer a full remake, and I wouldn't mind some story updates in addition to some additional QoLs. Now mind you, most of what I know about the Tellius games are based on hearsay at the moment.

• Radiant Dawn kinda ended up to be another story for Ike, unlike what IS pretended to bill it as. I'd be more interested to see more chapters with Micaiah and more cutscenes and dialogue involving Elincia etc. Part 4 should focus more on Micaiah especially, and have a fully depicted ending like Ike ended up. 
  • If nothing else, give Ike another character development and discovery arc. Show us how he has to deal with the more corrupt governors and officials from Begnion, and how it's making him jaded with the nobility. I'm not sure if that is shown in the games, but even if it is, show more of how Begnion strongarms the Greil Merc to do their bidding, and how it negatively affects Ike. Even show cases where he is outright opposed by the Daein populance for his association with Begnion, how he struggles with politics, and how it taking an emotional toll on him. Show to us, that at the end of the day, his proficiency with the sword just doesn't translate to other stuff required in getting through the next war. And make it clear that while he is celebrated as a Legendary Hero, he ended up losing a lot of himself, and this is why he decided to leave Tellius at the end of the story.
Edited by henrymidfields