Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Childhood Encounter)

Alexmender

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. I still think it's silly to include Ephraim and Lyon right now, but I'll certainly go for Lyon, and it'll be nice to get easy access to a regular-ish Innes. Wonder what he'll do.

The others look fun, too. Dodge being usable on any movement type and recharging every other turn seems strong. Wonder if the Canto skills will have any movement type restrictions - probably cavalry/fliers?

I don't understand why and how FE8 gets kid forms now, and I feel bad for Joshua getting left out (come on, dude's popular and was in CYL1), but I need to get at least Eirika because she's one of my favorite characters.

At least Innes is free ...

I thought the kids were a one & done banner for the series's 30th anniversary, but it looks like Sacred Stones is getting the treatment as well, and they are just adorable!

A new line of skills, and Little Lyon will be the 4* focus of this banner. 

They're so cute! ...but I really hope this Eirika doesn't end up better than Brave Eirika.

By the way, why did FE8 get this treatment? I figured Tellius would get something like this instead. I never thought FE8 was big enough to get something only FE1's received so far (even its JPN 15yr anniversary was two years ago).

P.S. Inheritable Canto skills sound interesting and giving melee units Canto+1 and the others regular Canto (i.e. traditional Canto) is a nice way of balancing them. I winder if they'll cost 300 SP?

Just now, DefyingFates said:

They're so cute! ...but I really hope this Eirika doesn't end up better than Brave Eirika.

It's a good thing Eirika got a Brave alt this year, I kind of doubt she would've gotten one after this ...

Hm... I think the budget wasn't really put into those weapon names...

Evasion, Dodge, whatever it's called now we can stack it AGAIN on just about anyone. I can tell Lif is gonna be working overtime.

I'll give my thoughts on each unit later, when I've had a chance to think.

Edited by Xenomata

Known statlines:
Young Tana: 40/39/41/29/23
Young L'Arachel: 36/37/38/16/30
Duo Eirika: 40/36/43/30/28

Welp, the Trace skills are the closest thing we'd have for inheritable Canto skills for the time being.

Duo Eirika is just plain disgusting:
-Defense penetration effect (though it's a lesser version of Alm's).
-NFU on its own is annoying but Duo Eirika also gets a refreshable Dodge effect as her Duo skill.

I'd love to get Duo Eirika but I don't really have the orbs for her.

L'Arachel is going to be annoying as well since her Prf weapon has a passive Flash effect at the start of her turn. And since staff units almost always initiate combat anyways, she gets more free damage. Effectively 64-70 Atk on initiating once you include the Res penalty.

Lyon's Prf weapon is kind of similar to the refined version of OG Lyon's tome.

May as well see what Innes got but one thing is almost certain: he most likely would not have a Prf weapon.

Since CE!Eirika got mini Aethers on every hit, Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl does not seem like a bad idea to stack extra damage reduction. Sacred Cowl (0.7), Spurn (0.6), Duo (0.6), and Flayn (0.7) combined would reduce damage to 17.64%, i.e.: your HP is effectively 5.66 times the normal amount against ranged units. If you are running Flashing Blade for Aegis, that would reduce damage to 12.6%, i.e.: HP is effectively 7.94 times the normal amount.

CE!Tana looks fun. I am planning to give Sumia her Refine, but if I get CE!Tana, I guess I would hold off on Sumia for a while.

CE!L'Arachel is a bit clunky with her Firesweep.

CE!Lyon is okay I guess. Nothing really bonkers.

I wonder what CE!Lyon has. Since everyone else got an exclusive Weapon, maybe he will get a good one too. I am hoping for a Slaying-Special Spiral-Meister-Firesweep Weapon.

Thank Naga Innes is free and Lyon is the 4*, though Lyon being here means that I have to pull for him.  Duo!Eirika would be nice, but infantry swords and lance flyers are the two unit types I don't need so I think I will wait until the double special heroes for them.

Well, we're getting Sacred Stone kid units after all. I'm not 100% sure how to feel about Ephraim being part of a SECOND duo unit, but my immediate reaction wasn't exactly positive. Eirika/Ephraim and Tana both look strong.

17 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, why did FE8 get this treatment? I figured Tellius would get something like this instead. I never thought FE8 was big enough to get something only FE1's received so far (even its JPN 15yr anniversary was two years ago).

Better question: Why wasn't Echoes given this treatment? They literally have a whole prologue chapter dedicated to a group of characters as children defending themselves, complete with portraits and everything. It's such an easy and sensible banner. Alm, Celica, Gray, Tobin, Kliff, and Faye. Gray and Tobin, or Alm and Celica, or Alm and Faye could be the duo, and Kliff the TT unit. It makes so much sense. I hope it happens next year, if they keep doing this theme.

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

May as well see what Innes got but one thing is almost certain: he most likely would not have a Prf weapon.

I wouldn't be too sure. Minerva got a Prf weapon last year. This theme seems to be treated with a certain degree of respect from IS, I think Innes will turn out pretty well.

I do have my obvious biases (goddamit IS, guess it's time to pull out some of the stash for B!Eirika for this Duo Eirika. She's too adorable to not have) but I'll try to set them aside for now. 

We start with Baby Tana. Her prf is very similar to Witch Nowi's refined Grimoire but it gives a lot more stats on initiation. Her new B-skill is Canto for remaining movement (minimum 1), it's not bad but on a 2 mov class it's pretty niche. Stats are: 40/39/41/29/23 with likely superboon in either Atk or Spd. She's a pretty good unit, but I think Sumia still has better movement options with her unconditional Canto 2 and 80% WoM range. 8/10

Second is Baby L'Arachel. This little girl is going to cause some headaches in AR-D, let me tell you that. Her Prf inflicts Dazzling on a pretty wide range, increases her offenses and reduces the foe's Res to ensure she'll hit really hard. Then we have Rescue+ for turn 1 shenanigans. I feel the Canto skill she brings is more useful for cavs than for fliers as those will probably get 2 Mov without too much issue, so that puts S/R Far Trace in a better spot than it's Near counterpart. Stats are: 36/37/38/16/30. Baby L'Arachel is a pretty exceptional unit, I think: 9.5/10.

Baby Lyon completes the weapon triangle for himself (now it's just colorless tome for full Lyon emblem). He's the 4* focus so that's a plus for his fans. That being said, his Prf is very similar to Brunnya's but it's slightly worse by focusing only on Atk/Res instead of nullifying all penalties, it's still a pretty good weapon. Rating pending until stats. 

And for the Duo of this banner we have Baby Eirika & Baby Ephraim! These two will have it tough in the sea of sword infantries that we live in, even more when there's monsters like F!Ike, Mareeta, Larcei, etc. Let's see if they can stack up to them outside of score shenanigans. Starting we have Eirika's prf, the slaying effect makes it pretty good for Galeforce strats, it gives free +5 to everything and, if the kids are buffed or the foe's debuffed, they deal what seems to be True Dmg based on the foe's Def (ala L!Alm) and heal for the same amount per hit. Pretty loaded as one would expect. Basically change Distant Foil for DC or Heavy/Flashing Blade 4+GF depending on build and you're set. The Duo skill is Dodge (finally we have a name for Spd based dmg reduction) every other turn. Crazy is that this is probably going to stack with stuff like Spurn/Flaynn and the like, although that brings diminishing returns.Stats are: 40/36/43/30/28 with 100% an Atk superboon. Anyways, these two are real strong as every other Duo, but the competition makes them less appealing than Duo Lyn and some others. 8.5/10

The kids are back and are as broken as ever. How many times have they introduced a Refine then power creep it immediately? Sumia's Canto is less restricted and she has WoM in her weapon, but Tana has a lot of stats going.

This game really doesn't want me to save (no surprise). How can I skip out on these busted units?

A bunch of people are expecting something like this for SoV or 3H, but they don't typically go for the low hanging fruit.

Not really interested in a kids banner so I can safely skip this even though I like Sacred Stones. The skillsets they are releasing on these units this year are ridiculous in my opinion.

I definitely knew that we are getting the Margvel Children banner this year. I didn't expect that Ephriam is going part of the Duo Hero again (even though he's a partner for Eirika this time).

Edited by King Marth 64

Too busy rolling for Lachesis merges, but maybe after Double Special is over...next month is Fallen Heroes and Bridals which are easy skips so I'll definitely try for any of the kids.  Innes should've been a green bow though....

Not the kid banner I wanted. Bad joke aside, it's a good and cute banner.

You get a Canto! You get a Canto! You get a Canto!

Okay thinking time...

• So Trace... I have to imagine they'll be exclusive to Cavs and Fliers. Canto is not an effect that was ever available to Infantry or Armored units outside of very specific items (the Knight Ring in Genealogy for instance). It does also enable Fliers to have something in their B slot if skills like Desperation aren't needed.
  • Tana has a lot of stat boosts going for her (+20 defense, +10 Res, and enemy -4 Atk just off her base kit alone is insane, and of course her Atk and Spd are gonna be sky high), but honestly? I don't think she'll be quite as insane as Witchy Nowi, since she does only have 1 range to work with. Still insane though.
  • Staff of Rausten looks quite good, and so does L'arachel herself. Having a freed up B slot on a healer is great, and Far Trace is a good fit for a freed up B slot. Combined with that massive trigger range, she'll be quite annoying to battle I can tell...
  • Lyon honestly looks exactly like what would happen if you wanted a Blue Lyon. Now we just need Colorless Lyon.
  • Oh geez... Eirikia looks insane. The damage boost alone would have been solid, but she ALSO gets HP recovery in combat equal to 20% of the foes Def... that will usually be somewhere in the ballpark of 5-8 HP recovered per hit. And of course her defenses are decently balanced out, and of course she also gets to cast Dodge every 2 turns. The only real saving grace here is that her default kit doesn't have Distant Counter, just Distant Foil, so at least the people who can't afford to give her DC proper can be countered with a mage. But hrm... it'll take the bulkiest of blues to take her down.
  • As for her Duo Skill... hm. It's nice, but it does have to be compared to just using Flayn, who doesn't have a stat check on her effect. It'll be good to trigger on a unit like Freya, who can just run into the heat of battle and be expected to take seven nukes to the face, and also who already has a stack of Dodge on her back. But for a defensive ball, I think I'll just rely on Flayn...

...welp, good thing I got what I wanted from Double Special Heroes. Also would like to point out that Tana, who is probably what 13 or 14? She is almost as tall as her hair if it were let down. Did anyone think about this?

Edited by Xenomata

Tana is so cute. All of them are and I'm happy that Eirika is the lead of the duo. I still hope to get Tana or Lyon before I'm tempted to buy orbs.