Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Childhood Encounter)

Alexmender

This feels like IS is playing super safe again when it comes to Alt banner, all the popular girls, Eph with Lyon again, and Innes the royal. Slap them with new/OP skills for those looking for gameplay fodder.

This is gonna be a skip since I am low on orbs, and really not an exciting banner compared to Archanea Child Banner for me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, all these kids are adorable lol

that being said, this is starting to look a lot like when a new expansion drops on a card game: new busted abilities with progressively longer description text bordering on the edge of full-blown paragraphs making it impossible to fit the text on the limited space avaliable. I mean, just look at the monstrosity of text in Eirika's weapon.

it also sort of feels like lyon fans got the short end of the stick on this one, he feels less strong compared to the others.

i'll probably try for Eirika and L'arachel, but not by much; need to save orbs for CYL5.

Innes's Prf, the ow of Frelia, accelerates special trigger, grants Atk/Spd +6 if he is healthy, and has what can only be described as a mini Deadeye (boosts Special damage by 7 and ignores non-special damage reduction)

He's free.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wouldn't be too sure. Minerva got a Prf weapon last year. This theme seems to be treated with a certain degree of respect from IS, I think Innes will turn out pretty well.

I flubbed on writing out that part.

Anywho, Young Innes:

Bow of Frelia: CDR, anti-fliers, +6 Atk/Spd during combat for basically free; +7 true damage and neutralization of non-special damage reduction skills on in-combat Special procs.
Glimmer
Swift Sparrow 2
Distant Guard 3

Fodder is nothing amazing though I doubt most players would be interested in foddering Innes when his bow has Deadeye's unique effect built in. The only archer in the game who wouldn't need to run the Deadeye special at all and would rather prefer other specials (ie. Ruptured Sky or Blue Flame in Arena modes).

Young Ephraim is voiced by Kakuma Ai, who is also Edelgard and Flora. Young Lyon is voiced by Tamura Mutsumi, who appears to be new to Fire Emblem as a whole(?) and is the voice of Kobayashi from Dragonmaid and young Kakashi from Naruto.

Also, yay Yu-Gi-Oh! card descriptions. Woo.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... I think the budget wasn't really put into those weapon names...

Their names in Japanese are

• Frelia's Treasure-Lance
  • Rausten's Spirit-Staff
  • Grado's History-Tome
  • Renais's Gratitude-Sword
  • Frelia's Jewel-Bow

It follows the same pattern as the "[character name]'s [descriptor]-[weapon type]" naming pattern used for many of the "personal" Prf weapons, and the localization team is not particularly consistent with how they localize them, as most of them turn into "[character name]'s [weapon type]", but a few of them turn into "[weapon type] of [descriptor]" or "[descriptor] [weapon type]" (Flower Lance, Axe of Virility, etc.).

Honestly kind of a shame they consider the character's name (or the country in this case) to be more important than the "flavor text", though I also wouldn't really trust them to not butcher half of them (given off the top of my head "Studied Forblaze", which should be "Infernal Forblaze", and "Book of Orchids", which should be "Book of Friendship").

3 hours ago, XRay said:

CE!L'Arachel is a bit clunky with her Firesweep.

Will be hell to deal with in Aether Raids, though, since it pretty much forces you to run Null C-Disrupt or double Saves.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I'm just happy we have a word for speed-based damage reduction now: Dodge.

It's about time, considering Japanese has had one since the beginning. The name of the Heroes with Spurn or Repel banner was so frustrating.

This feels like a bit of a safe banner even if they stuck with a theme. Still there are worse options.

My orb stash is very low after having to go after Pent and failing to get Louise. So I don't have the orbs to go after baby L'arachel. I might try to pick up baby Lyon though

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Their names in Japanese are

• Frelia's Treasure-Lance
  • Rausten's Spirit-Staff
  • Grado's History-Tome
  • Renais's Gratitude-Sword
  • Frelia's Jewel-Bow

😕

I'm not one to harp on *that* much about localisation but I feel like even just scrapping the country name and going for "Jewel Bow" or "Spirit Staff" would've been better.

14 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I'm not one to harp on *that* much about localisation but I feel like even just scrapping the country name and going for "Jewel Bow" or "Spirit Staff" would've been better.

As mentioned, there are precedents for both.

On the one hand, we have weapon names localized the boring way (obviously not an exhaustive list):

• Arden's Tough Sword → Arden's Blade
  • Beruka's Kill-Axe → Beruka's Axe
  • Cherche's Fear-Axe → Cherche's Axe
  • Hinoka's Crimson Naginata → Hinoka's Spear
  • Kagero's Blinding Dart → Kagero's Dart
  • Laslow's Dance-Sword → Laslow's Blade
  • Rebecca's Hunting Bow → Rebecca's Bow

And on the other hand, we have weapon names localized the not-boring way (also obviously not an exhaustive list):

• Archer's Renown-Bow → Renowned Bow
  • Armor Knight's Heavy Lance → Weighted Lance
  • Bartre's Manly Axe → Axe of Virility
  • Gray's Easygoing Sword → Laid-Back Blade
  • Sumia's Flower-Lance → Flower Lance
  • Strange Lute's Tome → Weirding Tome
  • Veteran's Old Axe → Inveterate Axe

And it just seems they felt like being boring this time around.

5 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I heard that  shouldn't use Duo/Harmonyunit in higher Tier AR-O. There is a structure that won't allow us to use Duo/Harmony skill

Duo's Hindrance. It's a structure that if is placed in the map and the team has a Duo/Harmonic Hero, you can block opponent's Duo skills.

If you break the structure, or defeat all Duo Heroes in the map, you can use Duo Skills again.

In the Vault of Heaven, it's a must needed structure in my opinion.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't use Duo Heroes in High Tier AR because of that, but if your strategy to win is just to place Winter Altina in enemy's range and activate the Duo Skill, for example, then you should rethink your plans.

Will freepull grey and grab all greys on the circle, but will have to see what's upcoming while the banner is up before commiting more to try and get L'Arachel. I'm really not a fan of Ephraim being part of another duo unit, but at least he's in the back this time, and compared to the other units here, it's better that he's Eirika's backpack than taking a main unit slot away from one of them, since there's no way they wouldn't have included him in this sort of thing.

THEY'RE. SO. CUTE!!! Oh my gosh oh my gosh I need all of them. But especially those adorable twins with rapiers too big for them, and that little Lyon!! (SO glad he's the demote!) But dang, it seems like it's becoming tradition for child units to be absolutely broken. Tana's movement abilities are CRAZY! L'Arachel, too. Goodness. I don't quite have 100 orbs, though, and the fallen banner is coming. These kids are seasonals, so I'll get another chance at them with the double special banners, so I'll maybe pull a little for Lyon (but may wind up going for Ephraim and Eirika, too) and then save up again for the fallen heroes.

Edit: Not sure why people are complaining about the weapon names. Personally, I really like the naming scheme including the countries' names. It feels like the kids were given their countries' national treasures to protect themselves with, and they feel like they have a history.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I'm a bit sad that Joshua got left out. Out of everyone, though, it makes sense that it'd be him. Not only is he male, but his identity is more of a secret than the other ones, even if it's not much of one.

Also, I'm so happy that Ephraim and Eirika got to be a duo unit together! Not only because they kind of needed one (they're sort of a set) but because it means that characters can be part of a duo unit more than once! Maybe I'll get Harmonic Florina + Lon'qu yet!

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This doesn't mean you shouldn't use Duo Heroes in High Tier AR because of that, but if your strategy to win is just to place Winter Altina in enemy's range and activate the Duo Skill, for example, then you should rethink your plans.

Yeah - I use them plenty in VoH, I just have to be careful to keep an eye out for that structure and account for it if necessary.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

@Diovani Bressan Thanks. I'm planning to run tank team. Umm.. do you mind add friend me? I'll sent the request. Soiree Nephenree is my avatar. Wait.. I know you. I asked you about Nowi before

Sure! I will wait for the friend request. Yeah, we talked about Nowi in private messages.

1 hour ago, UNLEASH IT said:

So how does trace compare to Sumia's Canto skill? I feel like having full movement is a lot more important than the in combat boost.

Sumia always get 2 movement after the action, so that's fixed.

Near Trace grants the remaining movement, plus 1. If the units doesn't move and act, they will have 3 canto movement. If they move 1 and act, they will have 2 canto movement, if they move 2 or more, or warp by using Wings of Mercy or Flier Guidance, then they will have 1 canto movement.

Sumia's Canto is safier, since you know you will always have 2 movement. Near Trace, you need to remember how many spaces you will be able to canto after acting.

Far Trace doesn't have the extra +1, so if you are a cavalry and moves 3 spaces to act, then Canto will not trigger.

2 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

It's Mayumi Megumi. Please check again. I just sent friend request again. Wait you're that strong? 72 times in VoH ?

Ah ok. You have Gustav as leading unit. Ok, Accepted.

And the Crowns are based on Arena, not Aether Raids. 72 Crowns means I promoted to or kept Tier 21 72 times.

I never demoted from Vault of Heaven since it was introduced, so... 19-20 times?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ah ok. You have Gustav as leading unit. Ok, Accepted.

And the Crowns are based on Arena, not Aether Raids. 72 Crowns means I went ot kept Tier 21 72 times.

I never demoted from Vault of Heaven since it was introduced, so... 19-20 times?

Cool! I really like that you are using Nowi, I haven't seen Nowi in AR or Arena. Umm... I don't play Super Mario Maker 2. Maybe make some videos about playthourgh your maps. I'll watch it.

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah - I use them plenty in VoH, I just have to be careful to keep an eye out for that structure and account for it if necessary.

I guess that's a NO for duo units in AR then