Tempest Trial+: Princess's Gloom!

A new Tempest Trials+ is coming, titled "Princess's Gloom"! 

ZKJQqxU.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Young Eirika (& Young Ephraim), Young L' Arachel, Young Lyon, Young Tana, Young Innes, Ephraim, L' Arachel and Tana.

1Sq7Jyr.jpg

Young Innes's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

cMzkDQ3.jpg

Son of Frelia's king, Hayden. Harbors a fierce rivalry with the prince of the
neighboring kingdom, Renais. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

alWinGM.png Bow of Frelia (Mt: 14 / Range: 2)
Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Effective against flying foes. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 25%, grants Atk/Spd+6
to unit during combat, and also, if Special triggers (excluding area-of-effect Specials), deals +7 damage and neutralizes
"reduces damage by X%" effects from non-Special skills. This skill can only be equipped by its original unit.

7tYbpFg.png Glimmer (Cooldown: 2)
Boosts damage dealt by 50%.

yofTPtV.png Swift Sparrow 2
If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat.

BlgnULA.png Distant Gaurd 3
Allies within 2 spaces gain: "If foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, grants Def/Res+4 during combat."

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

sHN5kSj.png Atk/Def Form 3
If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Def+X to unit during combat (X = 2 × number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7).

aatn6mO.png Ward Dragons
Grants Def/Res+4 to dragon allies within 2 spaces during combat.

You can also earn some SZEy1Qn.png DIvine Codes: Ephemera 4 by reaching the 6,000 score, and a V0MWK5e.png Light Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

Final Map:

Spoiler

zXOaOn0.png

Boss - Eirika: Twin Refulgence
Blade of Renais / Luna / Null Follow-Up 3 / Joint Drive Spd

Enemy 2: Ranged infantry unit
Enemy 3: Melee cavalry unit
Enemy 4: Ranged infantry unit
Enemy 5: Melee armored unit

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Oh man a Ward Dragons seal? Heck yeah! Also, I keep waiting for Sharena to introduce these cuties so I can see tiny Innes better. The title of this TT is cute. I wonder if Innes is trying to cheer up Tana!

Oooh, he has a personal bow! A pretty decent one at that. Very good.

The Sacred Seals aren't important for me... At least at present.

Hm... Form might be good on Adrift Corrin since he already wants to be friends... not sure about Ward Scalies though.

I might need to make Innes a later +10 grail project. Those are some good effects on his bow, not gonna lie.

In terms of bonus units I'm set with either Tana or L'Arachel, so that's nice. 

As for the seals, Ward Dragons is too specific but it'll work well with my Armored dragons clearing the TT quests. Atk/Def Form is meh but has some applications, you either go with Bond or Solo most of the time but this one works better if you're focusing on an Owl-tome unit or are stacking Drive buffs from 2+ units. 

Kid Innes is pretty beastly, he can run Ruptured Sky/Moonbow/Glimmer for fast specials, or go with Luna/Blue Flame if one gives him Time's Pulse or Brave Lucina support if he leans towards EP. Sadly, I already built my Norne with Spendthrift+NFU+Time's Pulse+Deadeye+Brave Lucina so I won't be getting a lot out of him. Still, I'll keep him around to see if IS releases a new skill that fits him to a T. 

I use Bond seals for my Arena armor team, Form seals might be even better.

Innes has some sweet stats on that bow, and the Deadeye effect looks really useful. Might be tempted to merge him, he's even got Arena-viable BST. He won't hit the 180 bin like Felix, but if he's in the 175 bin, that's better than BK, one of my current regulars. Could be more effective, too, and when I get the Midori manual for Felix, I'll get a NY Anna manual on the way that should be a good fit. (Get a dual Rally for Arena scoring, plus be able to pick up her Fortune Bow.)

Edited by Othin

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man a Ward Dragons seal? Heck yeah! Also, I keep waiting for Sharena to introduce these cuties so I can see tiny Innes better. The title of this TT is cute. I wonder if Innes is trying to cheer up Tana!

Maybe it's about the situation with the crown in their supports. That'd be cute.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Innes was a legend even as a kid.

Are you referring to this conversation?:

Spoiler

Moulder: It was over ten years ago, when the prince was just a child. There was a ceremony at the castle, with a trick archer of sorts.
Vanessa: A trick archer?
Moulder: Yes. He was a very famous and undeniably skilled archer from abroad. He was to shoot a tiny target that had been placed in the distance. However, in the middle of the show, someone stopped him from shooting.
Vanessa: Oh, no… It wasn’t–
Moulder: Yes, it was young Prince Innes. He said, “That’s not far enough! Move the target back farther!” Then, he insisted on trying himself.
Vanessa: That’s so like him!
Moulder: Isn’t it? King Hayden tried to stop him, but… Well, you know how he is. He doesn’t listen to anyone. And so, it became a contest between our prince and this foreign archer.
Vanessa: So, what happened?
Moulder: First, they established the ground rules. Each person was to shoot at the target. If both arrows hit, they increased the range. They simply continued to move the target back until one person missed the mark.
Vanessa: Sounds simple enough.
Moulder: Ah, but the two were evenly matched. Every shot was a perfect bull’s-eye. The crowd cheered, and the target moved ever farther back… But then it came to the turning point. The foreign archer said, “This is no test. Let’s move the target back more.” It seemed like bravado, but the archer actually had a clever tactic in mind.
Vanessa: Clever? How so?
Moulder: They had been shooting for some time, and the archer’s arms had grown weary. Precision archery is far more taxing than the battlefield, you see. So even though he was a skilled archer, he was at the limits of his endurance. He was still hitting the mark accurately, but his arm was quivering more and more. Everyone knew that the prince was on the verge of victory.
Vanessa: I don’t understand. They were shooting at the same target, shot for shot, right? Why would moving the target make any difference?
Moulder: Yes, they were still shooting at the same target. However, the archer suggested that they move the target much farther away… Much farther than any child Innes’s age could hope to loose an arrow to.
Vanessa: Oh, that IS clever!
Moulder: Even the archer, with his trained arms, was firing at his maximum range. In fact, he almost missed the target! Then, it was the prince’s turn.
Vanessa: And…?
Moulder: It was clearly too far away for the young prince to hit the target. But His Highness was undeterred. He drew his string and fired up into the sky. The arrow did not merely hit the target. No, it was a perfect bull’s-eye! You see, the prince arced his shot to extend his range beyond its limits. To hit a target this way requires incredible skill, but the prince did it. And then he turned to the archer and said, “Shall we move the target back farther?” The archer looked so crestfallen. He admitted defeat, and it was settled.

Now why in the world did they waste one of Vanessa's support conversations on this? I guess they thought her too ordinary and Moulder too old and boring for an actual interaction between the two.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hide contents

Moulder: It was over ten years ago, when the prince was just a child. There was a ceremony at the castle, with a trick archer of sorts.
Moulder: Yes. He was a very famous and undeniably skilled archer from abroad. He was to shoot a tiny target that had been placed in the distance. However, in the middle of the show, someone stopped him from shooting.
Moulder: Yes, it was young Prince Innes. He said, “That’s not far enough! Move the target back farther!” Then, he insisted on trying himself.
Moulder: Isn’t it? King Hayden tried to stop him, but… Well, you know how he is. He doesn’t listen to anyone. And so, it became a contest between our prince and this foreign archer.
Moulder: First, they established the ground rules. Each person was to shoot at the target. If both arrows hit, they increased the range. They simply continued to move the target back until one person missed the mark.
Moulder: Ah, but the two were evenly matched. Every shot was a perfect bull’s-eye. The crowd cheered, and the target moved ever farther back… But then it came to the turning point. The foreign archer said, “This is no test. Let’s move the target back more.” It seemed like bravado, but the archer actually had a clever tactic in mind.
Moulder: They had been shooting for some time, and the archer’s arms had grown weary. Precision archery is far more taxing than the battlefield, you see. So even though he was a skilled archer, he was at the limits of his endurance. He was still hitting the mark accurately, but his arm was quivering more and more. Everyone knew that the prince was on the verge of victory.
Vanessa: I don’t understand. They were shooting at the same target, shot for shot, right? Why would moving the target make any difference?
Moulder: Yes, they were still shooting at the same target. However, the archer suggested that they move the target much farther away… Much farther than any child Innes’s age could hope to loose an arrow to.
Moulder: Even the archer, with his trained arms, was firing at his maximum range. In fact, he almost missed the target! Then, it was the prince’s turn.
Moulder: It was clearly too far away for the young prince to hit the target. But His Highness was undeterred. He drew his string and fired up into the sky. The arrow did not merely hit the target. No, it was a perfect bull’s-eye! You see, the prince arced his shot to extend his range beyond its limits. To hit a target this way requires incredible skill, but the prince did it. And then he turned to the archer and said, “Shall we move the target back farther?” The archer looked so crestfallen. He admitted defeat, and it was settled.

Now why in the world did they waste one of Vanessa's support conversations on this? I guess they thought her too ordinary and Moulder too old and boring for an actual interaction between the two.

Nope, but that's amazing. Gives me a new appreciation for him.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't believe I've never read this before. It's so cool! He's such a hot-headed dork xD

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

The title of this TT is cute. I wonder if Innes is trying to cheer up Tana!

Ooh, that sounds adorable! At first I thought it'd be something about Eirika and Tana both being upset about something, but if the plot of this TT is just Innes trying to make things up to Tana after making her cry again, that would be so wholesome! :3 Thanks for the great idea!

Atk/Def Form is eh. It's most useful on units that already have an effect that requires at least 2 allies within 2 spaces, like Triangle Attack or Laws of Sacae. On enemy-phase units, it's basically a more finicky Bond skill.

Ward Dragons is nice. It's basically a straight upgrade to the Distant Guard Sacred Seal that I've been running on my support unit in Aether Raids.

Innes looks pretty solid. It's nice having another unit that can ignore percentage damage reduction without needing to give up a copy of Shinon.

Fae is the only dragon I use so Ward Dragons is kind of whatever to me but Atk/Def Form is nice.  Form skills are pretty neat.

Innes is a very exciting TT unit, unfortunately with grail distribution being as dogshit as it is it'll probably be a year or two before I get around to merging him, but he's still a really nice unit.  Very exciting bow, because damage reduction is the worst part about this game. 🙂

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

For what it's worth, we'll likely get a copy as a Combat Manual in a few months to cut the cost by 500.

Specifically, it's seeming like 6-7 months, if the pattern holds.

32 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Maybe 2 copies, if you spend a forma soul and he appears in compile manuals.

I thought you couldn't use formas for merging non-forma units.

So the final map and the boss are:

Spoiler

zXOaOn0.png

Sacred Seal Forms are nice for Save tanks. I wonder what they will do with tier 4 Form skills on the A slot. Guard, self penalty nullification, and self penalty reversal are already taken, and Dulls are taken by A slot Def skills. Maybe they will put Lulls on tier 4 Form skills.

For Ward Dragons, the only dragon buffer that I can think of is Mila. Mila is also a Mythic, so you can run her with M!Corrin too. There is also Fae for visible buffs, but visible buffs are a bit more risky.

CE!Innes also looks fun.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So the final map and the boss are:

Hide contents

zXOaOn0.png

Okay but this map is ridiculously pretty.  I like how the maps used in the Paralogues look too.