Do you prefer cute looking pets more or pets that act cute more?

XRay

I recently adopted two new cats from my friend. They were found stray in my friend's backyard. I adopted Mama (that is her name too) and her daughter Phoebe at the time so there would not be any more kittens, as the boys were starting to mature and one of them was trying to hump Phoebe.

Phoebe is the cutest cat I have seen in real life, but she is total asshole and sooooooo freaking naughty. Mama on the other hand is a bit chubby and kind of dorky and funny looking, but she is like the sweetest cat personality wise. If you sit down, Mama will come to you and lay on your lap! She is a totally loveable lap cat. After having both of them for a few months now, although I love both of them, I think I like Mama more.

So yeah, for me, if I have to pick between a cute pet and a sweet pet, I think I would pick the sweet pet.

Definitely pets that act cute. I much rather a cat that wants to be in my lap all day than a cat that swipes when i try to pet or a cat that just keeps knocking shit around the house. Unfortunately, pets are just like humans, each one has a different personality and you can never fully tell what you are signing yourself up for.

Edited by Zanarkin

Definitely the sweet pet, I don't really think it's a contest. 

My family used to have a cat named Toby; he was a black cat (which typically has a superstitious stigma attached to it, just like the number 13 or a broken mirror) with green eyes, and he passed away about 9 or 10 years ago if memory serves me correctly. Anyway, he was very docile but hilarious, and my parents agree that he was their favorite cat. 

My mom has a story when his tail caught on fire from getting a little too close to a candle, and there have been times where he would go into the refrigerator and be stuck in there for a while. When I was a kid, there was one time when he got outside through our backyard door and started chasing a neighbor's dog. You'd think it'd be the other way around, but no, it was a cat chasing a dog.

I can't do him justice with how I explain things, but Toby was a damn good cat. 

Sweet well behaved for dogs and cats.  My pit bull (who is about 6) is actually the best behaved of my dogs, she doesn't jump on stuff or throw fits and she will lie at my feet just to be with me.  The three boys two of which are mutts and one of which is a German Shepard (all 3 are over 10 and should know better) jump on me, throw fits when they want things and love to be pests.  My cat is a sweetheart just like my pit bull so they are my favorites.