FE5 Tier List

Mekkah

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me to care when everyone suddenly is in any form of danger of dying, because our units are actually competent upon arrival.

Well she's literally invincible, which lets her do things like capture Shiva in 2x for his Killer without fear.

Capturing Shiva is still no easy feat with Eyvel, forcing us to rely on luck. This will in the end hurt our turncount.

It cannot hurt you to try, as long as you aren't wasting turns.

Capturing Shiva is still no easy feat with Eyvel, forcing us to rely on luck. This will in the end hurt our turncount.

It cannot hurt you to try, as long as you aren't wasting turns.

It's still very unlikely

But it's there, and not like "neglibly unlikely", but just unlikely. It still counts as a point, as a killing edge at that point in the game is pretty awesome.

Base Eyvel has 98 Hit with an Iron Sword when capturing. Shiva has 47 Avd standing on the fort. He'll have a total of 4+2 def, against Eyvel's 10 Atk (6+4). So yeah, doing 4 damage once to his 24 HP (she can't double him) at 51% Hit counts as "negligibly unlikely" to me. 7% chance for her to critical, meh. Unless you're going to try to weaken him down first, in which case your running the risk of killing him.

I believe Shiva only moves off the fort after some time, and this is really supposed to be an efficient tier list, when we aren't waiting around with Leaf spamming Light Brand, just so we can make use of one character's special trait (Eyvel's invincibility). Yeah she saves Vulnerarys, but earlygame is so ridiculously easy, its overkill.

I seem to recall that he moved once I got in his range, but I have no recollection of how I was playing that chapter.

I have never seen him move. I'm not saying he won't, but unless you're wasting way too much time he won't move off that fort. I've also never failed to capture him within 2-3 turns of Leaf getting in range of him (which means 1-2 turns where I could have taken the fort). It's unlikely, but the prospect is there, and Eyvel can't be killed doing it (and if you weaken her enough first, she won't be hit either, saving the Killer's weapon uses). Just sayin'.

Shiva's capturing is something I don't want to even talk about. It's simply too unlikely to succeed, and too risky if you use anyone but Eyvel (which you have to or else he recovers too much hp per turn). Or you waste Light Sword uses.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has probably been argued before, but I think that Marty should be higher. I understand he has poor skl, spd, and Mag, but some of the earliest scrolls you get are the Odo and Sety scroll, along with getting a spd ring in chp 3. Additionally, he gains +5 skl and +6 spd upon promotion. He has great build/constitution, along with the greastest physical durability in the game (He has the best Hp and the best Def growth of all characters with the only non promoted characters who have a better def stat than him being Fin, Hicks, Dalsin, and Eda, and Fin and Eda only have better Def than him while they are mounted.) His High Hp also allows him to be used in multiple chapters, and he isn't mounted which can be a pretty big plus at times (in my opinion) He also has good luk and gets a support from Dagda.

I'm not saying He's a great unit that should be top tier or something, but he definitely shouldn't be as low as he is.

I'm sure this has probably been argued before, but I think that Marty should be higher. I understand he has poor skl, spd, and Mag, but some of the earliest scrolls you get are the Odo and Sety scroll, along with getting a spd ring in chp 3. Additionally, he gains +5 skl and +6 spd upon promotion. He has great build/constitution, along with the greastest physical durability in the game (He has the best Hp and the best Def growth of all characters with the only non promoted characters who have a better def stat than him being Fin, Hicks, Dalsin, and Eda, and Fin and Eda only have better Def than him while they are mounted.) His High Hp also allows him to be used in multiple chapters, and he isn't mounted which can be a pretty big plus at times (in my opinion) He also has good luk and gets a support from Dagda.

I'm not saying He's a great unit that should be top tier or something, but he definitely shouldn't be as low as he is.

Have you tried doing that and hoping for good stat gains before? He still won't double generics until promotion and might get doubled himself. It is VERY painful to train him and his hit is bad so killing stuff is that much harder. While he is forced in the first 3 chapters he still has trouble killing, so you could have him waste a bunch of turns killing a pirate when you could have had Othin kill it instead

Whether or not you hold off on levelling Marty until you get that scroll and ring, there's still going to be the matter of jack for base skill/speed, with poor growths in both of those areas. If you wait to raise him with those resources, which is favoritism in a sense, you have to contend with even worse all-around stats for combat compared to nearly everyone else in the army. And it's going to take only longer for him to work his way up from that, to fill half to all his unpromoted levels. He won't have a C rank for a hammer when you get him back, so the possibility of canning armors in one hit goes from dodgy to very slim. Obvious accuracy issues are hurting his offense for capturing or no and in turn his levelling, not being able to double a thing in sight for several levels in the upcoming chapters sucks a lot with enemies gradually getting faster, hitting harder, buffed more and more by leadership. It's not all that unusual for the odd armor to have 4 AS. It's of course even less unusual for some cavaliers or wyvern riders running amok a few chapters after he rejoins.

And it hurts your team's efficiency in the first four chapters to leave him at 1/0 with that favoritism in mind, but without having him help capture some enemies or just hit them, so......guy has major problems.

Edited by Blutritter

I never said to leave Marty at 1/0 until he rejoins. The reason why I brought this up was because I did use Marty, and he turned out great, and he rejoined me at level 6 I think. And it wasn't that hard to do either. In the early chapters, He's great for capturing due to his steel axe and nice base str, and like Halvan, you could give him the Brave Axe. His hit rate wasn't that much lower than everyone else really (capturing cuts your skill in half, so everyone won't have THAT much more hit than him) and his Dagda support helped him out, as did his luk. Also, most units generally don't double while capturing anyway.

As for Marty's Prepromote speed, like I said, give him the speed ring. The only other person I can see needing a speed ring by the time Marty rejoins you is Dalsin, but he has already been around for a couple have chapters, has a decent spd growth, and has had 2 1/2 chapters to use the sety and Baldo scrolls. It's like how people give FE10 Nepheenee Dracoshields to make her useful since no one else can make as great of use it as she can (apparently), and she's harder to use than Marty in my opinion.

I never said to leave Marty at 1/0 until he rejoins. The reason why I brought this up was because I did use Marty, and he turned out great, and he rejoined me at level 6 I think. And it wasn't that hard to do either. In the early chapters, He's great for capturing due to his steel axe and nice base str, and like Halvan, you could give him the Brave Axe. His hit rate wasn't that much lower than everyone else really (capturing cuts your skill in half, so everyone won't have THAT much more hit than him) and his Dagda support helped him out, as did his luk. Also, most units generally don't double while capturing anyway.

As for Marty's Prepromote speed, like I said, give him the speed ring. The only other person I can see needing a speed ring by the time Marty rejoins you is Dalsin, but he has already been around for a couple have chapters, has a decent spd growth, and has had 2 1/2 chapters to use the sety and Baldo scrolls. It's like how people give FE10 Nepheenee Dracoshields to make her useful since no one else can make as great of use it as she can (apparently), and she's harder to use than Marty in my opinion.

Opinions don't matter in a tier list. Instead of telling us about your personal experience and resource favoritism towards marty, you should construct a real argument using facts and numbers.

I'm just not going to listen to Blademaster at all, considering the level of his arguments in the Gen 2 tier list. Don't mind him.

Opinions don't matter in a tier list. Instead of telling us about your personal experience and resource favoritism towards marty, you should construct a real argument using facts and numbers.

How can opinions not matter in a tier list? If you don't have an opinion about something, then you can't make an argument.

And the personal experience that I brought up with him is based on me testing a hypothesis. You can't just come up with a hypothesis and say it's right without testing it to be true, which is where personal experience comes into play. I didn't say anything like "Oh Marty was great! I had him Cap every stat and he killed everything." Also, please look at the comment that Brighton made. He essentially asked me a question that would involve me having to respond with personal experience.

Another reason why I brought up Marty was because on the very first page of this tier list, it was said that you are looking for characters who have more concrete durabillity rather than relying on avoid, and Marty has the best physical durability in the game without the use of scrolls. Dalshien is next followed by I believe Kein, and neither of them have as much Hp as him (16 point difference for Dalshien, 13 for Kein). And I would believe it is fair to assume that someone being used as a shield would have a scroll since they prevent critical hits, which happen quite a bit in this game due to the abundance of battle axe knights, thunder mages, and Yotsmung Dark mages.

And if your not showing the favoritism, that Marty greatly benefits from, to him, then who are you showing it to? It doesn't help me if I don't know who else you would show said favoritism to. I suggested Dalshien, but no one else said anything.

And like I said before, I'm not saying Marty is amazing and should be top tier. I just don't think he should be as low as he is.

I'm just not going to listen to Blademaster at all, considering the level of his arguments in the Gen 2 tier list. Don't mind him.

What's wrong with my Gen 2 arguments? The only thing I've said that people didn't like was the fact that I said you can get Johalva to lvl 20 by chp 8, which is completely possible and I even explained how he could do it.

Edited by Blademaster!

How can opinions not matter in a tier list? If you don't have an opinion about something, then you can't make an argument.

And the personal experience that I brought up with him is based on me testing a hypothesis. You can't just come up with a hypothesis and say it's right without testing it to be true, which is where personal experience comes into play. I didn't say anything like "Oh Marty was great! I had him Cap every stat and he killed everything." Also, please look at the comment that Brighton made. He essentially asked me a question that would involve me having to respond with personal experience.

Another reason why I brought up Marty was because on the very first page of this tier list, it was said that you are looking for characters who have more concrete durabillity rather than relying on avoid, and Marty has the best physical durability in the game without the use of scrolls. Dalshien is next followed by I believe Kein, and neither of them have as much Hp as him (16 point difference for Dalshien, 13 for Kein). And I would believe it is fair to assume that someone being used as a shield would have a scroll since they prevent critical hits, which happen quite a bit in this game due to the abundance of battle axe knights, thunder mages, and Yotsmung Dark mages.

And if your not showing the favoritism, that Marty greatly benefits from, to him, then who are you showing it to? It doesn't help me if I don't know who else you would show said favoritism to. I suggested Dalshien, but no one else said anything.

And like I said before, I'm not saying Marty is amazing and should be top tier. I just don't think he should be as low as he is.

What's wrong with my Gen 2 arguments? The only thing I've said that people didn't like was the fact that I said you can get Johalva to lvl 20 by chp 8, which is completely possible and I even explained how he could do it.

Okay then, I'll say this: Your opinion about marty's placement doesn't matter in a tier list because you haven't presented any factual data to support him and opted instead to give your PE.

As for the favoritism issue, every resource that you wanted to allocate to marty has plenty of competition among the other units. Leaf wouldn't mind that speed ring, same goes for brighton. The scrolls also have plenty of units who want them: Leaf may want the sety scroll, asvel could take it as well to help with his magic growth in the beginning, brighton wants both sety and odo. This isn't even counting the units who could make great use of those scrolls when recruited later. Marty isn't automatically the top pick when there are so many other units who benefit just as much or better than marty. Hell, I'd even say that the ones I listed are better picks because they at least don't have to climb out of a shitty 0 speed and skill hole unlike with marty.

And your argument for johalva promoting at ch.8 was showing obvious favoritism once again. You were feeding kills to an overleveled unit just so he can promote earlier, it was complete bull and everyone called you out on it.

So perhaps my previous statement should have been read as: Opinions don't matter in a tier list unless they are backed up with a cohesive argument. There you go, now unless you can show everyone here a real argument as to why marty deserves to rise, then don't bother posting.