FE5 Tier List

Mekkah

Again, you're a complete dumbshit if you CAN'T be good with a brave weapon so I have no idea what you're trying to prove. Also, if you're locking Xavier to 2 range, now you're just making it positive that he's never even going to come close to returning what he cost, because now he's just killing one head a turn with the Master Bow. And it's not like he's even the only one he can do it.

Xavier doesn't suck because he's a shitty unit. He sucks because he's a below-mediocre unit with a massive recruitment cost. I really have no clue why you're saying "oh but he can do this dumbshit thing to make him suck less" as if I'm saying he has no use at all.

And really, when it's hard enough to get your hands on an iron weapon in this game, needing brave weapons not to suck is terrible.

Edited by Detective Badd

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recruiting Xavier doesn't help you reach the A Rank easier. Pegasus Knight's run puts C18 with recruiting Xavier at 23 turns, while the same chapter can be done in 1 or 2 turns (the latter only needing one use of Warp). The 20-turn buffer you get from full recruitment is non-existent, and the difference is larger if you consider the fact that you can skip some characters / kill some and save more turns and resources (Eyvel, Misha, 21x, etc.)

I may just kick the minimum rank up to AAA so that you do have to recruit everyone and we can ignore these arguments about whose negative utility and who isn't. Recruiting everybody is a perfectly valid criteria for ranking, Fire Emblem isn't just about "lol finish in as few turns as possible". If you rush through any game (not just Fire Emblem) with a ranking system and don't pay attention to details, you're going to get a low rank.

FE5's ranking system promotes efficiency anyway, since it doesn't have silly stuff like EXP or Funds rank. I am all for adopting rankings to recruit everybody (and for other games as well).

Edited by Ilyana

Or just set your own turn count to be reached, and make a rule that all characters will be recruited as efficiently as possible. : o

Recruiting everybody is a perfectly valid criteria for ranking, Fire Emblem isn't just about "lol finish in as few turns as possible". If you rush through any game (not just Fire Emblem) with a ranking system and don't pay attention to details, you're going to get a low rank.

Besides, before you start the chapter Leaf talks about how he has to get Xavier on his side anyways.

despite the fact it was just basically proven that recruiting xavier and all the other idiots in this game who aren't worth it goes over the 30 turn buffer, meaning you don't save turns to begin with?

That was for an A rank tier list, and I chose that because I previously thought all higher ranks involved RNG abuse. However, after talking with dondon and trying out some strategies myself I realized that an AAA rank is perfectly attainable without RNG abuse. Since its the highest ranking on the actual cartridge, then I think its perfectly reasonable to use it as the criteria for this list. Which means no buffers (in the case of the cartridge version), and you have to recruit everyone. It makes discussion a whole lot more interesting then putting half the cast in negative utility just because you're too lazy to recruit them.

Half of the cast would not be negative utility under this premise.

Just Xavier. I don't see how calling one character out for being the dumbshit he is makes the entire list "boring to discuss".

Furthermore, negative utility /=/ never used. All it means is that Xavier has a negative impact on the team if he is used.

EDIT: Listen, should I just create an AA/Only turncount matters tier list?

Edited by Detective Badd

I was talking to Mekkah, and I'll think I'll make an AAA tier list while you can make a turncount/efficiency turncount if you're up to it. So basically ranked/unranked.

Also, Eyvel is most certainly negative utility if you include her 24x performance. Same with probably Marty, Dalshein, Olwen, Trewd, Misha, Shanam, Miranda, and Conomore at the very least.

Also, could a mod close this topic if we're making the unranked/ranked tier lists?

[17:45] <IOS> should the current topic be closed, and i'll make a new topic for AAA?

[17:46] <Mekkah> fine with me

Edited by IOS

Well, I was going to ask to wait and see if anyone has any objections to bb running a non-AAA list before closing this, but if there are two other lists already then this may as well get closed. Of course, bb called his AA instead of just "turncount efficiency".

I'm also kind of annoyed about his take on braves when it comes to things like bows that chances are nobody but selphina early and xavier/tania later are going to be touching (and Tania is questionable with her build) because most won't have B rank. But whatever. PM me if anyone wants to keep this topic open to use as some other kind of tier list (or if you just really really like Mekkah being in charge).