What're your gaming headcanons?

Pit probably has a slight variant of Monophobia, the fear of being alone. He seems noticeable less cocky without Palutena or Viridi around. In general Pit is probably way less confident then he claims he is.ย 

Mythra gets nervous around Adam's wife not because they dislike each other but because Adam's wife acts like an obnoxiously doting mom towards her. And Adam's wife's prooobably Rex's great, great, great, grandmother.ย 

Innocent little Futaba likely spends a lot of time on naughty sites. That and hacking into the other Thieves computers so she can browse through their search history.ย 

Shido could be a Christian since he speaks of ''god'' which I don't think is an aspect of regular Japaneseย religion. Tokyo hasย a pretty big fancy church so a Christian minority does exist.ย 

Corrin in Fates:Conquest is actually the Twilight Zone villian Anthony from the "It's a Good Life" episode --- Everyone falls over themself for fear of their psychic powers , the continent has no name, because locations outside of their attention span cease to exist, they really CAN supernaturally win battles without casualties when they are in the emotional state to do so, and finally, and most horrifying of all they can force the ghosts of people who opposed them to admit that they were in the wrong and loved Corrin after all.

Trails) Emma isย the best candidateย as Rean's partner.

Dark Souls 1) All of the hollow enemies you fight throughout the game are actually characters created by other players who abandoned the game due to it being "too hard", causing their characters to lose any purpose and motivation.

Bravely) Bravely Third actually exists in a parallel universe and my purpose in life is to find that universe and move there

Edited by Yexin

I guess I should pitch in

Yakuza: After the seventh game, Kiryu manages to reunite with Kaoru and after a bit of catching up on each other's lives they date for a couple years andย officially get engaged. They support Haruka and the rest of Kiryu's adopted kids anonymously so they don't get involved with the Yakuza again. The Morning Glory kids, Kiryu, and Kaoru live happy lives but they all wonder what a normal life would've been like.

Fallout New Vegas: After helping the NCR claim the Hoover Dam and the entirety of the Mojave Wasteland, the Courier disappears seemingly without a trace, probably to roam other parts of the U.S. The Citizens of the Mojave tell stories of the Courier's Heroism and the NCR builds a statue in the Courier's honor. The Courierย isย never heard from again.

ย 

Edited by Patriarch

Super Smash Bros. series: The in-universe reason Young Link and Toon Link are in Smash is because regular Link got annoyed by Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu constantly asking him to play with them, so he brought Young Link into the Melee so they would pester YL instead, but soon YL found them annoying too, so RL replaced YL with Toon Link in Brawl and Smash 4, and that went smoothly.

Mario series: Wario is Mario and Luigi's cousin.ย (I sorta inherited that one from my big bro)

Pokemon: The reason Charizard is not a Dragon-type, by default anyway,ย is because the devs realized that giving the player access to that kind of power that early would effectively break the game, especially considering that Water attacks (the type Fire starters are weak to) would only do 1x damage to it--not a good look for trying to teach people how to play Pokemon.

Fates:Birthright: (Spoilers)

Spoiler

I refuse to accept that Elise is trulyย gone. She had to have been healed/revived somehow, even if it required taking her to Ylisse to write her out of the plot.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

World of Warcraft: Chromie is a transgender dragon. It's the explanation that makes most sense to me for why her dragon form has a name that follows male naming patterns, but her humanoid form definitely presents as female.

Fallout 3: Moira Brown is related somehow (probably a descendant of) Doc Brown from the Back to the Future trilogy. Just because of the shard name and the similar hyperactive scientist personalities.

The Whitewing trio of FE are the Golden Goddesses who created Hyrule. There are three, they are female,ย they have triangular powers, the colors mostly match, they venture somewhere new. It makes perfect sense.

ย 

On 4/19/2021 at 7:06 PM, Jotari said:

In her down time, Samus is a party animal.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/4/40/Mfend2.pnghttps://static.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/0/01/Metroidzero06.png

That's the look of someone who knows how to have a good time.

Bartender! I'llย have one "Screw Attack"ย please.๐Ÿธ

...Now if only I could figure out what booze to put in there. I was thinking using a screwdriver (orange juice and vodka) as the base b/c name, and then floating an orange peel atop the liquidย to stand-in forย the lightning bolt of the Screw Attack power-up. But I don't drink and nothing readily comes to mind of a liquor that'd change the drink'sย color to a dark blue or bright purple to match the ballย of the unobtained upgrade.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Whitewing trio of FE are the Golden Goddesses who created Hyrule. There are three, they are female,ย they have triangular powers, the colors mostly match, they venture somewhere new. It makes perfect sense.

ย 

Bartender! I'llย have one "Screw Attack"ย please.๐Ÿธ

...Now if only I could figure out what booze to put in there. I was thinking using a screwdriver (orange juice and vodka) as the base b/c name, and then floating an orange peel atop the liquidย to stand-in forย the lightning bolt of the Screw Attack power-up. But I don't drink and nothing readily comes to mind of a liquor that'd change the drink'sย color to a dark blue or bright purple to match the ballย of the unobtained upgrade.

Orange juice + Vodka for the Screw, whisky for the attack. If it tastes undrinkable then just dump way too much sugar in to sweeten it up.

Edited by Jotari

Mega Man X

Spoiler

I suspect that Fake Zero, the Colony Virus, Zero Nightmare, and Omega are all inย fact the same entity. How? Well, the fact we're talking about a virus is a clue. When Fake Zero was built, Sigma would have implanted a virus within him that makes him a sort of "son" to Sigma. Just as the Maverick Virus assimilated Sigma, so too would this "second generation" Virus have assimilated Fake Zero, creating a prototype Zero Virus that Sigma would later place in the Eurasia Colony. When Eurasia crashed onto Earth, the Colony Virus combined with the Sigma Virus to create the true Zero Virus, which in turn attempted to assimilate Zero. Canonically, it didn't work, and the reason why, I think, is because of Zero's strong will.

Remember the X4 flashbackย when Zero and Sigma fought? It's strange that Zero would suddenly freeze in pain like thatย when he seemed to be doing exactly what Wily designed him to do: destroy robots. I suspect it was Zero's own dormant AI that woke up and fought against the Virus controlling his body, causing a conflict in his body's signals that registered as extreme pain. Sigma took that opportunity to smash the crystal on Zero's helmet, which is when the Virus transferred to his body. The Virus found Sigma to be a more compatible host than the strong-willed and defiant Zero, and so it assimilated his personality and memories, creating the Sigma Virus.

Flash forward to X5, and even in the worst-case scenario, Zero is able to break freeย of the Zero Virus' control in time to save X fromย Sigma's attack. Again, Zero's will overcame the Virus, forcing it to go dormant as it had no other host to transfer to this time. When Gate found a piece of Zero containing his DNA, he also found the Zero Virus, from which he created the Zero Nightmare and Nightmare phenomenon. Zero Nightmare's soul was the Zero Virus itself, explaining why it alternatively thinks it is Zero, is looking for Zero, or wants to destroy Zero.ย The Nightmare phenomena resembles the reality-warping nature of Zero Space, and may indeed be an evolved form of such. When X destroyed Zero Nightmare, the Zero Virus was released and returned toย Zero, who appeared to X shortly thereafter.

When Zero confrontedย Isoc, Isoc was able to paralyze him, and I suspect the Zero Virus was the means by which he did so. If we follow the theory that Isoc is Wily or at least connected to him, you might recall Zero's dream about Wily where he asks Wily to wait and is frozen in pain. Just as Zero fighting the Virus could causeย pain, so too could the Virus fighting Zero cause pain. All Isoc would have to do is issue the Virus an order to immobilize Zero's body, perhaps with a little energy boost to strengthen it, and presto, Zero's frozen like a statue.

Fast forward again to the Mega Man Zero series, MMZ3 in particular. We know that Omega is a murderous AI inhabiting Zero's original body, while the body Zero's been using that whole series is a copy, his soul having been removed from his original body so Omega could use it. Hmm, a "real" Zero versus a "fake" Zero; now why does thatย soundย familiar? Only this time, it's the Zero Virus in control of Zero's "real"ย body, and the real Zero's soul in control of the "fake". The Zero Virus becameย Omega. And when Zero destroyed Omega, he destroyed the Zero Virus for good...or so he thought. Model O in MMZX seems to suggest Omega, and thus the Zero Virus, are still around in some form yet. But just as the Sigma Virus was eventually deleted for good, so too will the Zero Virus eventually meet its end, for the one true Zero is still around as well, as Model Z.

ย 

Edited by Lord_Brand

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, Reality said:

Corrin in Fates:Conquest is actually the Twilight Zone villian Anthony from the "It's a Good Life" episode --- Everyone falls over themself for fear of their psychic powers , the continent has no name, because locations outside of their attention span cease to exist, they really CAN supernaturally win battles without casualties when they are in the emotional state to do so, and finally, and most horrifying of all they can force the ghosts of people who opposed them to admit that they were in the wrong and loved Corrin after all.

They can choose to spare their victims - or they can send them away to the Corrin-field.

Parasitic headcanon: Anthony, in Revelation, is another pointer to this theory.

On 4/19/2021 at 6:45 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

The Koopalings are still Bowser's children. They were just temporary disinherited due to their many failures.ย 

Building off of this - Koopa Kid is Bowser's adoptive son, whom he just kinda forgot aboutย once the Koopalings came back to him. They say he's still circling the boards of Mario Party 7, plotting his revenge.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got an extensive one for Persona 3-5 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. It's tens of pages long now, and there will be further changes across the board:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KaKilNQTd2bSI0hzT2ZRDYsmUqcGKjpc/view?usp=sharing

Edited by henrymidfields

Link in Breath of the Wild is naturally left-handed, but he was forced to fight right-handed when he underwent martial training, both for pragmatic reasons (if trying to do a formationย like a shield wall, you don't want one guy holding his shield in the opposite hand from everyone else) and because of the rigid overly-focused-on-tradition nature of Hyrule at the time. Even after 100 years of slumber and amnesia, he still fights right-handed due to muscle memory.

I came up with this headcanon to explain why he seems better with a shield than with a sword (look how awkwardly he swings when holding a one-handed weapon despite canonically being a trained fighter in this game), his extremely powerful shield parry, and the fact that the Links areย canonically supposed to be left-handed (with Skyward Sword having been an exception because of the motion controls, and even then it should've been optional). Plus, Aonuma was asked multiple times in multiple interviews why Link was right-handed in BOTW, and each time he gave a different answer that was obviously made up on the spot, suggesting that there was no reason. If I had been in his position, this is the answer I would've come up with, stuck with, and then told a member of the dev team "we need to add a quick reference in one of the journal entries that Link is naturally a lefty so that what I just said in that interview is actually true".

ย 

Another headcanon I have is for Radiant Dawn; more specifically the duel between Geoffrey and Renning over the position of commanderย of the royal knights. My headcanon is that Ike, not knowing what was going on, accidentally got himself involved in the duel and soundly beat both of them.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Link in Breath of the Wild is naturally left-handed, but he was forced to fight right-handed when he underwent martial training, both for pragmatic reasons (if trying to do a formationย like a shield wall, you don't want one guy holding his shield in the opposite hand from everyone else) and because of the rigid overly-focused-on-tradition nature of Hyrule at the time. Even after 100 years of slumber and amnesia, he still fights right-handed due to muscle memory.

I came up with this headcanon to explain why he seems better with a shield than with a sword (look how awkwardly he swings when holding a one-handed weapon despite canonically being a trained fighter in this game), his extremely powerful shield parry, and the fact that the Links areย canonically supposed to be left-handed (with Skyward Sword having been an exception because of the motion controls, and even then it should've been optional). Plus, Aonuma was asked multiple times in multiple interviews why Link was right-handed in BOTW, and each time he gave a different answer that was obviously made up on the spot, suggesting that there was no reason. If I had been in his position, this is the answer I would've come up with, stuck with, and then told a member of the dev team "we need to add a quick reference in one of the journal entries that Link is naturally a lefty so that what I just said in that interview is actually true".

I like this. I like this a lot.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I like this. I like this a lot.

Thanks. What did you think of the part where I basically said, "If I had been in Aonuma's position, I would've said this to answer those interview questions... and then told someone in the dev team to add a quick note in the game to make it true."